Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu (881 Views)

Ezekwesili To Buhari: Hope You Aren’t Planning To Bury ‘$25bn NNPC Scandal’ / "There Is No $25bn NNPC Contract Anywhere" - Laolu Akande / "Why Jonathan Could Not Accuse Me Of Corruption" - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Bravo123: 2:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
The minister of petroleum resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu on Friday said he never accused the Group Managing Director of NNPC, Maikanti Baru of fraud in his leaked memo to President Muhammadu Buhari.

According to Kachikwu, the memo was based on governance issues and not fraud.

Kachikwu made the disclose in Owerri, Imo State, South East Nigeria while attending the workshop organised by the Nigeria Content Development and Marketing Board...

Read more http://alabingo.com/2017/10/i-did-not-accuse…f-fraud-kachikwu

Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Throwback: 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2017
That jara was the empty contribution of PDP to a debate on the powers of the NNPC GMD, the junior minister of petroleum, the minister of petroleum, the NNPC tenders board, the NNPC board, and the Federal Executive Council.

PDP propaganda failed the same way they failed the nation while in power, showing that they cannot even contribute any significant input to a serious national matter.

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by nairavsdollars(f): 2:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
Poor Kachikwu. The cabals must be breathing hard on him
Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Yoshy: 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2017
No Sir, you advised him to keep it safer.
Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Throwback: 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
nairavsdollars:
Poor Kachikwu. The cabals must be breathing hard on him

The cabals of facts or the cabals of PDP propaganda?

Or do you have any records to show us that Kachikwu claimed that any funds were missing or stolen? Or that the contracts he contested the authority of approval, were not actually awarded contracts?

If you cannot show us anywhere in Kachikwu's memo to back your claims that Kachikwu is now taking back his words, then you need to choke on your own unfounded propaganda.

Kachikwu's simple referred the power tussle between him and the NNPC GMD to the president for resolution. He gave his own version and provided his own references to show what authority he should possess. The GMD of NNPC also replied to the accusations and gave his own version of events and provided his own references to defend his actions.

It is left to the president to iron out whatever jurisdictional matters have been highlighted in this debate.

Eventually the contracts remain as awarded, no money is missing, no money is stolen by anyone.

I wish PDP better luck next time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Hofbrauhaus(m): 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2017
Only God knows the kind of threat this guy is facing right now....

What a people....

what a zoo!!
Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Vivere: 2:47pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:

What a people....

what a zoo!!
He is not facing any threat. Did he tell you of any?

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Throwback: 2:50pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:

What a people....

what a zoo!!

Why are you concerned about the zoo?

Why not go look for the land of the rising sun?

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Hofbrauhaus(m): 2:54pm On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

He is not facing any threat. Did he tell you of any?

Just like 2face didn't face any threat abi? ?

#Zoonation.
Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Vivere: 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:

Just like 2face didn't face any threat abi? ?

#Zoonation.
Was Tuface a Minister of State? So what is the similarity between Kachikwu and Tuface? I repeat : did Kachikwu complain to you that he was facing any threat? Simple Yes or No would do. No need for long story.

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Hofbrauhaus(m): 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

Was Tuface a Minister of State? So what is the similarity between Kachikwu and Tuface? I repeat : did Kachikwu complain to you that he was facing any threat? Simple Yes or No would do. No need for long story.

Going by this your warped logic...one can never be sure of anything. Did diezani tell you she stole? Did Abacha tell you he stole? Did Baru tell you he did not steal? Such a stupid question coming from a human being.
I'm smart enough to extrapolate...Mr kachi said one thing today...and he is saying another thing the next day, what does that tell me...
Just like tuface, who said one thing at dawn and before dusk he was singing another song.....what changed? Threatened? Cabal?
Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Vivere: 3:25pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:

Going by this your warped logic...one can never be sure of anything. Did diezani tell you she stole? Did Abacha tell you he stole? Did Baru tell you he did not steal? Such a stupid question coming from a human being.
I'm smart enough to extrapolate...Mr kachi said one thing today...and he is saying another thing the next day, what does that tell me...
Just like tuface, who said one thing at dawn and before dusk he was singing another song.....what changed? Threatened? Cabal?
It tells me that you are full of conjecture, gossip and exaggeration, and you have the ability to add 2 plus 2 to get 55. Simple.

4 Likes

Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Throwback: 3:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:

Did Kachikwu ever allege that money was missing in his original memo to the president?

Can you please highlight the paragraph of the memo so we can see that Kachikwu said onething today and he is saying another thing the next day?

If you cannot provide the evidence, then what it tells you which Kachikwu has hereby reinforced is that you should stop believing in your own self manufactured delusions.

Whatever misgivings Kachikwu had as regards whether the NNPC GMD had the necessary approvals for contracts that he never claimed were bogus or phantom, have been well addressed by the relevant references of authority the NNPC has supplied to defend its own position in this debate.

The NNPC also disproved Kachikwu's claims that he was sidelined in some other affairs of the NNPC, showing evidence that Kachikwu himself recommended firms for contracts and such firms were considered based on Kachikwu's objective recommendation.

Kachikwu and Baru have since moved on after sheathing their swords to work together for the good of the ministry.

Yet you remain so aimlessly bitter that the baton of missing funds still remain with PDP, who are desperately hoping to pass on such shame to another party in power.

Shame on you!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by aolawale025: 3:34pm On Oct 14, 2017
Looters don't drive bullion vans to government offices and pick cash. They do so through contracts. For an individual to single handedly give out 25b dollars in contracts says a lot. At 10% someone might have made a cool 2.5b dollars as a retirement nest egg.
Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Throwback: 3:38pm On Oct 14, 2017
aolawale025:
Looters don't drive bullion vans to government offices and pick cash. They do so through contracts. For an individual to single handedly give out 25b dollars in contracts says a lot. At 10% someone might have made a cool 2.5b dollars as a retirement nest egg.

Another confused PDP apologist who is blind to all the existing regulations and rules that NNPC has supplied to this public debate, to show that they did not breech any laws in the debated contracts awarded.

Also, no one has claimed the contracts did not exist, or that the contractor did not deliver upon contract award.

Just the same aimless bullshit propaganda on the internet that the author of the memo has come out to clarify for those who are mentally handicapped.

Apparently your own brain is limited in what it can process.

5 Likes

Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Vivere: 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
Throwback:

Did Kachikwu ever allege that money was missing in his original memo to the president?

Can you please highlight the paragraph of the memo so we can see that Kachikwu said onething today and he is saying another thing the next day?

If you cannot provide the evidence, then what it tells you which Kachikwu has hereby reinforced is that you should stop believing in your own self manufactured delusions.

Whatever misgivings Kachikwu had as regards whether the NNPC GMD had the necessary approvals for contracts that he never claimed were bogus or phantom, have been well addressed by the relevant references of authority the NNPC has supplied to defend its own position in this debate.

The NNPC also disproved Kachikwu's claims that he was sidelined in some other affairs of the NNPC, showing evidence that Kachikwu himself recommended firms for contracts and such firms were considered based on Kachikwu's objective recommendation.

Kachikwu and Baru have since moved on after sheathing their swords to work together for the good of the ministry.

Yet you remain so aimlessly bitter that the baton of missing funds still remain with PDP, who are desperately hoping to pass on such shame to another party in power.

Shame on you!
EruditorII

1 Like

Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by andyoscar(m): 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2017
Sir i think u are a fool for selling ur intergrity n good conscience to a man who dont hv W.A.E.C
Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Hofbrauhaus(m): 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2017
Throwback:

Shame on you!

Whenever you hear so and so was done without due process, what does it tell you? is that not text book definition for corruption? Is it that you don't have sense of you are a pretender?
Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Throwback: 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:

Whenever you hear so and so was done without due process, what does it tell you? is that not text book definition for corruption? Is it that you don't have sense of you are a pretender?

Dude, just highlight the paragraph where Kachikwu mentioned in his memo that the contracts totalling $25b (which NNPC has even stated that Kachikwu placed his own estimated value on some of those recurring contracts), was a case of fraud or attempted fraud, rather than a case of disrespect of approval authority that Kachikwu erroneously thought was reposed in the NNPC board which he is the chairman.

NNPC has not accepted Kachikwu's claim of not following due process, rather they have provided official government regulations and laws to support their own claim that they got the approvals from the powers quoted in those official guidelines.

If there is a confusion where two parties are quoting different government statutes, it is left for the government to clarify which is superior or eliminate the the contradictions that exist.

This case is closed, Kachikwu and Baru have moved on, but not before Kachikwu sees the need to clarify what exactly his initial allegations were as contained in his memo, seeing that propagandists like you have started to embellish the substance of the debate with innuendos of corruption or fraud or theft or missing funds that your creative imagination designed.

If you claim Kachikwu has changed his allegations by clarifying he never accused of fraud or theft, then show us where he wrote it in his memo so we can all see that Kachikwu is now backtracking.

Please show us, for we cannot see evidence of such using the regular nake.d eyes with incident sunlight.

4 Likes

Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by EruditorII: 4:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
Vivere:

EruditorII

This is the only thing worth responding to in the post as I never mentioned fraud or that money was missing.

As for the emboldened, how does mentioning that you sought my opinion once out of say nine contracts mean that you did not sideline me in eight others?
Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by aolawale025: 4:18pm On Oct 14, 2017
Throwback:

Another confused PDP apologist who is blind to all the existing regulations and rules that NNPC has supplied to this public debate, to show that they did not breech any laws in the debated contracts awarded.

Also, no one has claimed the contracts did not exist, or that the contractor did not deliver upon contract award.

Just the same aimless bullshit propaganda on the internet that the author of the memo has come out to clarify for those who are mentally handicapped.

Apparently your own brain is limited in what it can process.

Normally I don't have the time to respond to APC blowhards who take any discerning view as a PDP position.
I hold my view as you have yours
Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by zeestunner(m): 6:04pm On Oct 14, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:

Bros dem glue kachikwu join the minister office? If he is not principled enough and fearless why did he start did whole nonsense didn't he consider the so called cabal before he came out with his story.if he can't stand for the truth let him resign or stfu simple

2 Likes

Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Vivere: 10:03pm On Oct 15, 2017
Throwback:

Shame on you!

Thank you, o!! It appears that people just jump unto their keyboards to punch out a response, without actually reading the whole truth of what transpired.
Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Vivere: 10:04pm On Oct 15, 2017
zeestunner:
Bros dem glue kachikwu join the minister office? If he is not principled enough and fearless why did he start did whole nonsense didn't he consider the so called cabal before he came out with his story. if he can't stand for the truth let him resign or stfu simple
Hahahaha.... I beg, I no fit laugh again....dis one wey you talk don finish the whole matter! cheesy
Re: I Did Not Accuse Baru Of $25bn Fraud- Kachikwu by Clerverly: 10:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
lalasticlala for fairness, this should be on the frontpage

(1) (Reply)

A Yoruba Man Will Win 2019 Presidential Elections ''prophet Onyekachukwu Okolie" / Fake News Alert!! Dr Alex Ekwueme Is Not Dead Still At Enugu / INEC Releases Timetable For 2019 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.