Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1173441 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aphrikanna: 10:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
seyewest:

You attacked the thread and now you're talking about comprehension when I was trying to defend it... You need to understand this thread is free for everybody, no one on this thread is trying to intimidate any applicant also there's a process to U.S visa application which means you need to go through the thread or U.S Embassy website to understand what it's all about and some people will still be asking for solution to the same problem that was solved on the same page which is frustrating.
You were not trying to defend the thread else you would have seen I was trying to contribute and harmlessly point out some things I had noticed. Instead, you were trying to defend your supposed knowledge of something which I'm not debunking o, I'm just saying people should be a little open-minded and positive. I wasn't even specifically referring to the admins here yet you were quick to get defensive for nothing. Anyway, I've dropped my point and I'd be omw. As a known personality on this thread, you should try to be a little more positive and instil a little confidence in people who come here to ask questions. Give your advice but with a little boost of confidence and positivity. Would go a long way to help the people who trust you enough to ask for your opinion. Just my ¢2 sha.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hardeyeanc(m): 10:30pm On Mar 25, 2018
Babaramoota don't mind dem jare we have many VO's here, infact u can do ur interview here without visiting embassy

1. LadyG

2. Seyewest

3. Omobendel

4. Yankeejjc

They works 24hours a day u can do ur interview by 3:00 am and u meet ur woman abi cultural exchange friend in Chicago lobatan

Just choose any of dem and do ur interview
BabaRamota1980:

See as you dey shout my name in vain sef. shocked. Ol boy leave this girl alone abeg and tell me which person in here is vo. Im told to come talk to vo here and get lined up with the process and interview. Maybe vo no work on weekend, abi...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 10:37pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ajakayekoke:
Please Gurus@seyewest,Lady G,@LagosNiv,Abuja Niv,I am typing this with utmost sorrow,My aunty,was deported from the port of entry,last week,her visa was canceled as well as her hotel reservation,her phone was collected,when she was trying to call and wasn't given back to her.She have good job here,she have been to the u.k,didn't over stay.please what can she do?what should she do?

Honestly, if I were in her shoes, I won't even ever bother going that way again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 10:44pm On Mar 25, 2018
Hi, I'm new here A friend needs ur help ND sincere advice,please no insults and if u find d post unpleasant in anyway pls kindly move past it, she's Goin tru a divorce with a baby age 2yrs +, her father is retired engineer wishes to trip her to d USA for 2 weeks (not dat his acc is Buoyant just his pension of 250k per month, but he's trying to help d lady achieve her dreams of going to d USA, mind you she's not going with her daughter, she owns a makeup Studio (Enterprises) she doesn't earn much from it, nd d divorce is still in court so she has to be around since she filed for d divorce, she intend coming back because she can't stay even a month without her daughter, her father owns up to 4 houses as properties now her questions are, what are her chances cos she has paid for her visa fees(advice from someone she met online) meaning there is no going back pls can u help on which way forward can she go that will prosper her. Thank you.

If the purpose is just to have a break from Nigeria for that period, why not consider her going to the West Coast. I will recommend Gambia.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by simbolee(f): 10:46pm On Mar 25, 2018
Saw this question on Quora to which a former consular office said you can travel with the valid but keep in mind that CBP officers will see the denial on their system and question you about it.
It's up to you and the CBP.

darellone:
I applied for a US B1/B2 visa renewal but was denied. I still have a current valid B1/B2 visa that expires next month and it wasn’t cancelled, can I still travel with it?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LarryMoss: 10:55pm On Mar 25, 2018
LarryMoss:
Hello guys

I am in a dilemma, please help!

I need to be in the US for my brother's graduation coming up in May (20th to be precise). Problem is, i tried booking an appointment and the next available date is June 10th. Is there a way to book an earlier date in April or may? Kindly help provide insights, i dont mind paying penalties.

Someone please help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 10:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
obasiete:

Thank you for the advice. I know that invitation letters are not asked from Applicants in most cases. Even so, my host to be wants to send an IV to the US govt.

My question is

1. Should it be sent to Abuja or Lagos?
or
2. Any other approved US govt Agency in USA?

Anyone who have an idea of anything like this should please tell me. I am aware that they don't ask for Invitation letter from applicants, however in this case my host to be wants to send a copy to them

Kilode?
Send IV to US Government, na so the matter reach?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozycy: 11:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
darellone:
I applied for a US B1/B2 visa renewal but was denied. I still have a current valid B1/B2 visa that expires next month and it wasn’t cancelled, can I still travel with it?
Yes you can still travel with it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 11:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
Dollarpee49:
hello house, please i need your advice : I applied in August 2017 to attend my dad's birthday organised by my elder sister though we don't bear same surname because she is married but denied... I bought another MVR, cancelled my interview because the bigger boys crossed us while traveling and stole my bag containing my laptop, passport and other document though have applied for another passport......Now my question is can i use the same MVR to apply for my friend's wedding coming up next year without any issue arising that I intended using it to visit my sister before

The most important question is how strong are your ties to your country of residence? Reapplying without significant improvement in your economic and financial status is waste of scared resources.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozycy: 11:05pm On Mar 25, 2018
LarryMoss:
Hello guys

I am in a dilemma, please help!

I need to be in the US for my brother's graduation coming up in May (20th to be precise). Problem is, i tried booking an appointment and the next available date is June 10th. Is there a way to book an earlier date in April or may? Kindly help provide insights, i dont mind paying penalties.

Check Abuja
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 11:22pm On Mar 25, 2018
fadafada1978:

You mean when asked I should say my company email instead of my persinal one I filled on my ds 160 ?

I think this where you lost it. You should have proudly give your official email address, the VO only wanted an assurance that you work with the bank you mentioned.

Your official email address is different from your company email address but would be same domain.

fadafada@cosade-bank.com

info@cosade-bank.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Teeboy22(m): 11:24pm On Mar 25, 2018
Wow every month has been fully booked o..we had to settle for the next available date June 26 .. May Almighty God bless the day

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 11:31pm On Mar 25, 2018
SeriaBravo:
Good day all,thanks for the work you guys are doing here.I am a silent reader and our interview goes thus (Myself,Wifey and Son)
Me n Wifey: Good morning (Son waved at VO)
Vo: Good morning (She waved back)
Vo: Passport please
Me: Gave her
Vo: Why are you going to the US ?
Me: For family vacation
Vo: How many days will you be spending
Me: 10 days
Vo: Where do you work:?
Me: Told her
Vo: I did not get the name very well
Me: Told her again and explain it’s a merger of two companies. Both are US companies.
Vo: She typed on her screen (I assume she is trying to find out if they indeed merge,cos one of the company is a popular name).How long have you work with this company?
Me: 3years month
Vo: What is your role on the job
Me: Stated it briefly and I used terms she can easily relate with.
Vo: What did you study?
Me: Told her
Vo: She checked some stuffs on her screen (I assume she is looking at my job history)
Vo: Have you travelled before
Me; Yes ,South Africa in 2012(Vacation) and Ghana in 2013 (training)
Vo: Madam, what do u do
Wifey: She mentioned it
Vo: Have you travelled before
Wifey: Dubai in 2013 and Ghana in 2014
Vo: Did you went to work in Dubai
Wifey: No , vacation for 2 weeks
Vo: What is the name of the hotel you will be staying
Me: Mentioned it
Vo: How did you book the hotel
Me: booking.com
Vo; What is the address of the hotel
Me: Mentioned it
VO; Do you have another baby apart from him
Me n Wifey : No
Vo: YYou said you are going for 2 weeks?
Me : No 10 days
Vo: Ooooh true
She types for like 45 secs and she said the magic statement.Your visa has been approved. Pick it up at this address in 3 working days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 11:51pm On Mar 25, 2018
Giving back ... Silent reader
I don't know how to post on here I hope I got it right anyway .

Went for interview with my wife for b1 b2 visa

Vo good morning
Me and wifey : Good morning with a smile

Vo why are you going to us ?
Me : we are taking a family vacation as this will be our first .

Vo : where in the us are you visiting ?
Me : Houston Texas

Vo :Do you know any one in the Us ?
Me : we don't .

Vo are you going for vacation or honeymoon
Me : vacation

Vo : for how long have you both married
Me : 7 months

Vo : do you have you old passports here ?
Me : I gave her our both old passports .

Vo how long will you be spending
Me : 14 days

Vo where do you work
Me : I explained .. She explained hers too

Vo : facing my wife .. I can see you have traveled before my wife : I have

Vo : where
My wife .. Dubia for vacation . Ghana for official purpose .

Vo : OK

For how long have you been with your current employer
Me 7 year .. Wife answer 6 years

Vo : OK

Vo Where will you be staying in the us .
Me hotel

Vo - for how long have you been married ?
Me -7 months

Vo asked again ... you going for honeymoon?
Me vacation

Me sha see say she bring white paper .. The rest I no hear again .
I don't have any travel history and I have an expired passport too.

I noticed a lot of people were denied really ..
We should learn to dress well and be confident ..
Prepare well enough . don't be desperate ..
Above all pray for favour from God

1. You and your spouse have been in stable employments for 7 years and 6 years respectively.
2. Your spouse's company appreciates her Human Resources to the extent of investing in them, by sending your wife to Ghana for capacity building. So it is assumed she won't be in a hurry to leave such an organisation.
3. She has been to Dubai on vacation and
4. Your unused old passport without any refusal, could indicate that you weren't desperate to abandon Nigeria.

For me these are strong ties.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 12:12am On Mar 26, 2018
kessel:
good day gurus in the house
please do help me review this letter of sponsorship as i added somethings which i have never seen anywhere before,and give me a feedback if any correction.thanks

United States Consul
Visa Services
Consular Section, U.S. Embassy

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN;
RE: KESSEL
BLABLABLA limited agrees to pay all travel expenses for the above named person whom the company is sending along with the CEO(NAME) with passport number …………… as the representatives in the 2018 BLA BLA BLA CONVENTION holding in California, USA.
This sponsorship includes but not limited to round trip flight ticket, accommodation and feeding
This sponsorship will cover the traveler beginning 24th to 30th January 2018.
Please feel free to contact us for further clarification(s)
Thank you

Yours sincerely
-------------------
MD/CEO

cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 12:33am On Mar 26, 2018
causedbytoyin:
Greetings house and salute to all the gurus! I have being a silent reader for a while now to gather some knowledge and information for my kid sister but unfortunately her visa was delpayed today at Lagos embassy. Transcript goes thus..
Vo:Good morning
sis: Good morning
vo: why are u visiting the us
sis: just for my annual vacation
vo:do you have an old pa:ssport (she noticed it's a new passport )
sis: yes
vo:are u here with it
sis: no
vo: what kind of job do you do
sis: I'm a business woman
vo: what kind if business
sis: I sell ladies and mens wears, shoe ties, wrist watches and bags. I have a branch in osogbo and one in akure..just a sales outlet
VO :are you married
sis: yes
vo: who is paying for your trip
sis: my husband is supporting me but i have my money
vo: what does your husband do
sis: he is an assistant sales manager with bleep bleep oil
vo: have you travelled outside Nigeria before
sis: just west African countries Ghana and Togo...
Next thing blue paper!
What went wrong in her interview please house and how soon can she re apply

When you talk about your business, it's good to give indicatirs of the value or worth, such as I made turnover of XXXX million last year or I netted profit of so much last year or better still I paid tax of so so last year.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 1:11am On Mar 26, 2018
KaptainAfrika:
In the words of a former president, "America, will know." (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) grin

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 1:22am On Mar 26, 2018
Gracedme:
Thank you.
First time applying and we filled the forms ourselves

The VO could be thinking leaving a baby, less than a year old behind is not responsible act.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:59am On Mar 26, 2018
cosade:

The VO could be thinking leaving a baby, less than a year old behind is not responsible act.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by uhuogba(m): 8:18am On Mar 26, 2018
I do not understand what is going on with appointment availability in Abuja Centre. I checked about 3 days ago and late April was available. I didnt make up my mind on the date to chose in early may and coming back now, it is now late August! I mean how is that possible? how can appointment availability jump to 4 months in 2/3 days? is the appointment availability August in Abuja or is there something wrong with my Laptop
How can visa appointment be 5 months away

what is going on people?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:34am On Mar 26, 2018
uhuogba:
I do not understand what is going on with appointment availability in Abuja Centre. I checked about 3 days ago and late April was available. I didnt make up my mind on the date to chose in early may and coming back now, it is now late August! I mean how is that possible? how can appointment availability jump to 4 months in 2/3 days? is the appointment availability August in Abuja or is there something wrong with my Laptop
How can visa appointment be 5 months away

what is going on people?

Relax, check back, it should drop, August sure is a joke.... Partly caused by the mad rush to beat the "expected" visa fee increment this week methinks. Mtcheeewww! undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by JBL17: 9:53am On Mar 26, 2018
darellone:

I was in a similar predicament last month. In order to confirm the status of my previous visa, i messaged the Consulate and this was the reply I got: "Thank you for your email. Please note that a new application for a visa in the same Visa Class renders the old visa invalid."
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:16am On Mar 26, 2018
Aphrikanna:

You were not trying to defend the thread else you would have seen I was trying to contribute and harmlessly point out some things I had noticed. Instead, you were trying to defend your supposed knowledge of something which I'm not debunking o, I'm just saying people should be a little open-minded and positive. I wasn't even specifically referring to the admins here yet you were quick to get defensive for nothing. Anyway, I've dropped my point and I'd be omw. As a known personality on this thread, you should try to be a little more positive and instil a little confidence in people who come here to ask questions. Give your advice but with a little boost of confidence and positivity. Would go a long way to help the people who trust you enough to ask for your opinion. Just my ¢2 sha.

Bro there's no joy in trying to bring people down and I personally will not do that.. if boost confidence and positivity on this thread is lacking we will personally try to assist as much as possible and your contributions has been noted.. no one is perfect especially for Naija. Take care.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by successhungry: 11:11am On Mar 26, 2018
ks travel). I had issues at the point of entry;was asked why I didn't use the Visa since blah blah blah. Stamped in for just 6weeks�.

Please,advise. x
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justine94(m): 11:17am On Mar 26, 2018
please wanting to know at the port of entry point what are likely questions and documents to be presented one would be asked on a business visa...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by uhuogba(m): 12:16pm On Mar 26, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Relax, check back, it should drop, August sure is a joke.... Partly caused by the mad rush to beat the "expected" visa fee increment this week methinks. Mtcheeewww! undecided

it better be that way! I need an appointment in may
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:23pm On Mar 26, 2018
justine94:
please wanting to know at the port of entry point what are likely questions and documents to be presented one would be asked on a business visa...

Visit
https://www.nairaland.com/3666577/u.s-visit-port-entry-interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2018
successhungry:
Hi, everyone.
Please,I need help about some issues bothering me.
I got a B1/B2 visa in Nov 2016 for a conference. I didn't use the visa till last year November for the same conference. I had to travel urgently because the Visa would expire 2018 (October 31;to be precise) and cannot be used for this year's edition of the conference. I should add that I got married 2017 November and travelled a week after for the conference. Chief was left in Nigeria as he didn't have a valid US visa.;was denied 2016 December before we got married.
I am back in Nigeria since December 2017(just 2weeks travel). I had issues at the point of entry;was asked why I didn't use the Visa since blah blah blah. Stamped in for just 6weeks�.
Now I have an issue at hand. DH and I wish to go for the conference together in November. Is it possible to opt for a face to face interview inplace of Dropbox so that we can both appear?
NB: an agent filled his form wayback. No access to any info nor form whatsoever.
Please,advise. x

Do you think your presence can help him secure the visa? if yes then fine but if it was me oooo... I will apply for dropbox and after issuance your spouse will apply for U.S visa with intention of accompanying you because him attending the same conference which may not be of any use to him may raise red flag, this is just my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2018
seyewest:

Do you think your presence can help me him secure the visa? if yes then fine but if it was me oooo... I will apply for dropbox and after issuance your spouse will apply for U.S visa with intention of accompanying you because him attending the same conference which may not be of any use to him may raise red flag, this is just my opinion.

Simple.... @ OP; Just in case you don't know, that's a risky venture you wanna try out, it could lead to denial for you easily, his case has "scraw-scraw", yours isn't even exactly straight like that any more sef. Seye's take works better!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by JollofNaija(f): 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2018
Hello Fam,
Please I intend on applying for a US B1/B2 visa next month and I just want to know if its worth the stress first.
I have applied for Visa before in 2015 but didn't go for interview cos of some unforeseen contingencies. I am married with 2kids, I work as an IT solution sales consultant and I just facilitated a major deal in one of Nigeria's biggest bank so I want to go and calm down my nerves in US after all the stress involved, I'm going strictly on my commission from the sales of this solution.
I wanted to apply to go for the recent IBM Think event in Las Vegas but was unable to due to personal reasons. I will be travelling alone.
I have a near virgin passport but I've been to Ghana, Benin, Togo and recently SA. My salary is small o� but i get good commission rates on sales. I want to apply alone for now to go and enjoy my life, my wife works in Ibadan with a top insurance company as a Senior marketing executive. I have a plot of land in Ibadan and I just finished building my house too in Nihort area of Ibadan. That's about everything I have for naija.

Please advise me whether to apply for a US visa or carry my money to Santorini, Greece. I don't want stress biko.
What are my chances of securing the Visa? Pls advice. Thank you guys!

PS: pls ignore my monicker and gender spec. This account was created when I was a very unserious person. Im willing to listen to advice on how to change my profile details

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:03pm On Mar 26, 2018
JollofNaija:
Hello Fam,
Please I intend on applying for a US B1/B2 visa next month and I just want to know if its worth the stress first.

Please advise me whether to apply for a US visa or carry my money to Santorini, Greece. I don't want stress biko.
What are my chances of securing the Visa? Pls advice. Thank you guys!

PS: pls ignore my monicker and gender spec. This account was created when I was a very unserious person. Im willing to listen to advice on how to change my profile details

Landed properties are not really a good ties so that's out of it.... You have more ties than you know and I will advice you to go ahead with applying for U.S visa also you must emphasize on the banking solution deal you just brokered and how it won't be possible without you and use that opportunity to talk about the huge commission... Do you have kids? your travel history is not strong but that should not hold you back... be confident and positive you should be able to get the visa just don't misuse it when you get it.... Good luck.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.