Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1173389 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Acheron: 12:08pm On Mar 25, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Madam Im very sorry ma. I think you made assumptions before you had clarified this relationship between me and her. The girl used to frequent nairaland to understsnd our cultures and food and thats how we met. We started exchanging personal correspondence and through this means gained in cultural understanding of each other's country. I believe my use of "girlfriend" put a bad taste on this; I should instead have said my "cultural exchange friend". How does that sound? Her upcoming divorce is a deserved ending. If I shared her story you yourself will write and congratulate on her new liberty. Now, I must mention that I myself already married with beautiful wives and do not intend to part with either of them, but truth be told I won't shy away from marrying my American friend if she turns out willing to accept polygamy. We never discussed it but she loves the African culture and cherishes its heritage in her blood. Let's leave that to the side.

What are the step by step actions for a novice like me to apply and get visa? Any help is appreciated. Are you the person that I will come and see for interview? I will familiarize myself with ceac USA.
Thanks a lot and see you again soon.
Baba yi funny gan sha. I can't help but just comment today. I Don laugh scatter for ground. All the best, BabaRamoota.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Madam Im very sorry ma. I think you made assumptions before you had clarified this relationship between me and her. The girl used to frequent nairaland to understsnd our cultures and food and thats how we met. We started exchanging personal correspondence and through this means gained in cultural understanding of each other's country. I believe my use of "girlfriend" put a bad taste on this; I should instead have said my "cultural exchange friend". How does that sound? Her upcoming divorce is a deserved ending. If I shared her story you yourself will write and congratulate on her new liberty. Now, I must mention that I myself already married with beautiful wives and do not intend to part with either of them, but truth be told I won't shy away from marrying my American friend if she turns out willing to accept polygamy. We never discussed it but she loves the African culture and cherishes its heritage in her blood. Let's leave that to the side.

What are the step by step actions for a novice like me to apply and get visa? Any help is appreciated. Are you the person that I will come and see for interview? I will familiarize myself with ceac USA.
Thanks a lot and see you again soon.
Yes she's d person u will go and meet for interview... Baba ramota ooooo ooo, my belle ooooo, and u say u don travel before?so u only buy ticket at the airport d last time u travelled? u made my Sunday tho. What a comic relief this Sunday afternoon
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 1:24pm On Mar 25, 2018
YankeeJJC:
Baba Ramooooota? shocked. She's getting Divorced, you are going to meet her, at the same time happy? There's more to d story. u don't need to buy ticket. What will u call her during interview? "Girlfriend". A married man going to see "girlfriend"?.

I don't think she's also a friend yet because u haven't seen her. What about she coming to greet u first?

you said the both of u will now return to Nigeria. after spending how many days? Moreover how many months do u intend spending? Because all i see here is after your papers has being processed. The Divorce is bringing something for u.

See as you dey shout my name in vain sef. shocked. Ol boy leave this girl alone abeg and tell me which person in here is vo. Im told to come talk to vo here and get lined up with the process and interview. Maybe vo no work on weekend, abi...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 1:41pm On Mar 25, 2018
Aphrikanna:

Lol. Just how many wives do you think you can handle Oga? You are funny o. Very funny. Anyway, the only way to know is to try. I don't advice anyone to lie o. But saying you want to go and meet your fiancée or gf or cultural exchange friend when you have wives just sounds like a joke even to me, not to talk of a VO. So know how you would present your case and try your luck. All the best.

Thanks but I dont deceive myself, and i make it a conscious practice to tell truth always. Its always good to disclose position upfront than allow discoveries to be made about you. First she is not fiancee or gf but just exchange friend, we teach each other culture. Second she has not violated the laws of her country by filing divorce. Third i have not violated Nigerian law by marrying two or more wives. Fourth the meeting of two people who are in separate matrimonies is not a crime or violation of law in either of Nigeria or U.S.A. The money for the trip and lodging and feeding has been secured i wont be a financial burden to anybody but my friend and she voluntarily invited and sponsored me. Can you tell me on what ground my visa will be denied? Why everybody think this is funny is beyond me.

I need to speak to vo here. I will be back tomorrow.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 1:47pm On Mar 25, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Thanks but I dont deceive myself, and i make it a conscious practice to tell truth always. Its always good to disclose position upfront than allow discoveries to be made about you. First she is not fiancee or gf but just exchange friend, we teach each other culture. Second she has not violated the laws of her country by filing divorce. Third i have not violated Nigerian law by marrying two or more wives. Fourth the meeting of two people who are in separate matrimonies is not a crime or violation of law in either of Nigeria or U.S.A. The money for the trip and lodging and feeding has been secured i wont be a financial burden to anybody but my friend and she voluntarily invited and sponsored me. Can you tell me on what ground my visa will be denied? Why everybody think this is funny is beyond me.

I need to speak to vo here. I will be back tomorrow.
VO lady G come out oooooo oooooo, Nairaland don turn USA embassy and u r the VO in charge come give baba ramota him visa oooo

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 1:53pm On Mar 25, 2018
eyinola:
Yes she's d person u will go and meet for interview... Baba ramota ooooo ooo, my belle ooooo, and u say u don travel before?so u only buy ticket at the airport d last time u travelled? u made my Sunday tho. What a comic relief this Sunday afternoon

Ok. I will talk to LadyGuinivere tomorrow.
I dont know why this is funny, what is comic about it I have toured all over West Africa, im ripe to travel beyond my territories. Even put this girl invitation aside sef if i show up at U.S.A. Embassy and tell them i have seen West Africa but im curious about what lies on other side of the ocean and want to go on adventure to U.S.A. to see the land and its people dont be surprised that my curiosity might convince them to stamp visa on my passport. I never under-estimate and i never assume. Life is full of intrigues and magic. grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 1:59pm On Mar 25, 2018
Why is my situation filling a whole page, and everybody is commenting? Did i do something wrong? I dont even know what vo does but im told come here and talk to them. Please somebody tell me if no vo here make i comot myself and not waste precious time. You people here are funny. Dont make me mad fa angry angry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LarryMoss: 2:33pm On Mar 25, 2018
Hello guys

I am in a dilemma, please help!

I need to be in the US for my brother's graduation coming up in May (20th to be precise). Problem is, i tried booking an appointment and the next available date is June 10th. Is there a way to book an earlier date in April or may? Kindly help provide insights, i dont mind paying penalties.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

See as you dey shout my name in vain sef. shocked. Ol boy leave this girl alone abeg and tell me which person in here is vo. Im told to come talk to vo here and get lined up with the process and interview. Maybe vo no work on weekend, abi...
Visa Officers are d people interviewing applicant, and they will not comment on your chances or advise u. When u dropped a summary of the story, I pointed out where u might be wrong, VO can't do it, that's what they earn from Sir. B visa is Non-Immigrant and u have to convince that u are not migrating, the "My girlfriend" and "truth be told I won't shy away from marrying my American friend if she turns out willing to accept polygamy" shows it's likely u miss it somewhere. Lots of tricky question during interview will make u miss it. If u read previous interviews u will understand my point.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by richybanky(m): 2:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
Rol3nd:
hi guys,

Please anyone know how to change appointment date or refresh as i would like to have my interview before visiting Russia in May, First Available Appointment Is Thursday June 21, 2018, Pls advice??

grin grin next appointment date is June 25, definitely u gonna miss d world cup grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 2:58pm On Mar 25, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
Why is my situation filling a whole page, and everybody is commenting? Did i do something wrong? I dont even know what vo does but im told come here and talk to them. Please somebody tell me if no vo here make i comot myself and not waste precious time. You people here are funny. Dont make me mad fa angry angry
This are the visa officers username on nairaland: @LagosNIV @abujaniv @VisaOfficer

This is thier personal thread but they wouldn't comment on chances. Thanks
https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening/224
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by dunkmaster: 3:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
Hello guys trust you are all having a great weekend. Please house I had already completed my D's 160 and also booked an hotel accommodation for second week in may. But the available appointment date is in June at the earliest. Please house do I need to fill another D's 160 to change to a latter date or how do I go about it. Please house assist here. Many thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2018
Aphrikanna:
First things first, I just want to point out a lot of misinterpretation on this thread. OK maybe not misinterpretation but negative vibes. Listen, a visa interview is just that. An interview. It is not the world coming to an end. Unless you see And they can only answer your questions based on their experience They are not VOs. So always research thoroughly before going.

Thank you for your observation and I must say base on my observation it seems you don't like the truth and you're not familiar with the process involve with applying for U.S visa and who goes to the embassy everyday to interview successful applicant? why not the unsuccessful ones?
Bros this thread is free of charge and if you don't like it unfollow it and don't come here and tell us 5 yrs worth of material is for intimidation and discouraging... The prayers of those that got visa through this thread is enough for me. I wish you well.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by darellone: 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2018
I applied for a US B1/B2 visa renewal but was denied. I still have a current valid B1/B2 visa that expires next month and it wasn’t cancelled, can I still travel with it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BabaRamota1980: 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2018
YankeeJJC:
Visa Officers are d people interviewing applicant, and they will not comment on your chances or advise u. When u dropped a summary of the story, I pointed out where u might be wrong, VO can't do it, that's what they earn from Sir. B visa is Non-Immigrant and u have to convince that u are not migrating, the "My girlfriend" and "truth be told I won't shy away from marrying my American friend if she turns out willing to accept polygamy" shows it's likely u miss it somewhere. Lots of tricky question during interview will make u miss it. If u read previous interviews u will understand my point.

Thank you very much, may God be pleased with you. I like this response very frank and straight no twists and turns.

So in a nutshell LadyGinivuere is not vo Chei i don suffer, wasted my time! angry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Thank you very much, may God be pleased with you. I like this response very frank and straight no twists and turns.

So in a nutshell LadyGinivuere is not vo Chei i don suffer, wasted my time! angry
Enu mi ko le ma ti gbo pe iya tisa ku oo

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:02pm On Mar 25, 2018
darellone:
I applied for a US B1/B2 visa renewal but was denied. I still have a current valid B1/B2 visa that expires next month and it wasn’t cancelled, can I still travel with it?

It's always safe to apply after your visa expire.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aphrikanna: 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2018
seyewest:

Thank you for your observation and I must say base on my observation it seems you don't like the truth and you're not familiar with the process involve with applying for U.S visa and who goes to the embassy everyday to interview successful applicant? why not the unsuccessful ones?
Bros this thread is free of charge and if you don't like it unfollow it and don't come here and tell us 5 yrs worth of material is for intimidation and discouraging... The prayers of those that got visa through this thread is enough for me. I wish you well.
Firstly, I think you have a problem with comprehension. Nobody is trying to ridicule 5 years of whatever. That doesn't concern me one bit. Secondly, your idea of truth is very flawed. Just because you have your opinion on something doesn't make it true. But I would leave you in your high horse. Thirdly, I suggested speaking to both successful and unsuccessful candidates ( again, comprehension problems) and the reason is because many a time, speaking for myself now, if I have an interview I'm unfamiliar or scared about, I go to the area or environment and get familiar with it. Ask questions. And it has helped me a lot. Fourthly, everything I was trying to say in a nutshell is a lot of scary negative pictures have been painted about what the US visa application process should be like and this has instilled fear in a lot, therefore dropping their confidence and making them fail in return. Its just an interview. Not the end. But like I said, you don't read to understand. You read to reply that's why you are feeling personally attacked. Even though I don't know why. You are not a VO and you can't calculate anybody's chances, you can only advice according to your experience. Nothing more. Well done for the job you do o. But also know that you can be taught. You don't know it all. Good evening.

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ak22(m): 8:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
Aphrikanna:

Firstly, I think you have a problem with comprehension. Nobody is trying to ridicule 5 years of whatever. That doesn't concern me one bit. Secondly, your idea of truth is very flawed. Just because you have your opinion on something doesn't make it true. But I would leave you in your high horse. Thirdly, I suggested speaking to both successful and unsuccessful candidates ( again, comprehension problems) and the reason is because many a time, speaking for myself now, if I have an interview I'm unfamiliar or scared about, I go to the area or environment and get familiar with it. Ask questions. And it has helped me a lot. Fourthly, everything I was trying to say in a nutshell is a lot of scary negative pictures have been painted about what the US visa application process should be like and this has instilled fear in a lot, therefore dropping their confidence and making them fail in return. Its just an interview. Not the end. But like I said, you don't read to understand. You read to reply that's why you are feeling personally attacked. Even though I don't know why. You are not a VO and you can't calculate anybody's chances, you can only advice according to your experience. Nothing more. Well done for the job you do o. But also know that you can be taught. You don't know it all. Good evening.

#Truth is bitter#

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by dunkmaster: 8:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
dunkmaster:
Hello guys trust you are all having a great weekend. Please house I had already completed my D's 160 and also booked an hotel accommodation for second week in may. But the available appointment date is in June at the earliest. Please house do I need to fill another D's 160 to change to a latter date or how do I go about it. Please house assist here. Many thanks

Can someone please assist with this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 8:52pm On Mar 25, 2018
dunkmaster:
yes bro fill another. U can't be having an interview in June for travel plans of may. Hotel accommodation can be amended also.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:55pm On Mar 25, 2018
Aphrikanna:

You attacked the thread and now you're talking about comprehension when I was trying to defend it... You need to understand this thread is free for everybody, no one on this thread is trying to intimidate any applicant also there's a process to U.S visa application which means you need to go through the thread or U.S Embassy website to understand what it's all about and some people will still be asking for solution to the same problem that was solved on the same page which is frustrating.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2018
eyinola:
VO lady G come out oooooo oooooo, Nairaland don turn USA embassy and u r the VO in charge come give baba ramota him visa oooo
I jump and pass u! angry cheesy grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 25, 2018
YankeeJJC:
yes bro fill another. U can't be having an interview in June for travel plans of may. Hotel accommodation can be amended also.

Im in d same boat. If i cancel appointment and fill another DS160 am required to pay another visa fee. Cos my appointment was cancelled once
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:09pm On Mar 25, 2018
darellone:
yes

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 9:12pm On Mar 25, 2018
Pipedreams:

Im in d same boat. If i cancel appointment and fill another DS160 am required to pay another visa fee. Cos my appointment was cancelled once
This should be your last chance tho! No more cancel, u can update your appointment Page with new ds-160 code.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:13pm On Mar 25, 2018
Pipedreams:

my people perish for Lack of knowledge. In all thy getting, get knowledge. How can you get that? By research and going to the right sources but most importantly, keeping a mind ready to listen.
I read someone's post telling you how to change your ds 160 without cancellation of the appointment.
If you can't find it, read my first post on this thread. It's a FAQ
I pray you are able to find the help you need

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2018
YankeeJJC:
This should be your last chance tho! No more cancel, u can update your appointment Page with new ds-160 code.

Ok bro. Once i update it. It automatically changes yea? Scared o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2018
@Pipedreams just saw ur post. U can book another hotel and fill a new ds-160 then update your appointment Page with the new code and redownload both new appointment and ds-160 confirmation page. Doesn't require u cancelling appointment date. You can update on profile. If u cancel this last chance, 64k is gone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 9:52pm On Mar 25, 2018
Pipedreams:

Ok bro. Once i update it. It automatically changes yea? Scared o
yes wink u sha upload picture. When u redownload new confirmation u sef go see d new code. Any question feel free to post anybody willing will answer

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 25, 2018
YankeeJJC:
yes wink u sha upload picture. When u redownload new confirmation u sef go see d new code. Any question feel free to post anybody willing will answer

Thx bro il do it 1st tin 2mao
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cosade(m): 10:16pm On Mar 25, 2018
Mikeshine:

But this wasn't my fault, it was agent I gave the application to then that submitted the application with false documentation to UK embassy. So my chances are slim?

cheesy cheesy grin
Principals can be sued for their Agents' actions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.