Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,959 members, 7,956,607 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:04 PM

Who Is A Boyfriend/girlfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Is A Boyfriend/girlfriend? (554 Views)

How I Found Out My Husband Was Cheating And Had A Boyfriend (Video) / Pretty Lady In Search Of A Boyfriend On Twitter (Pictures) / How Much Do You Love Your Current Boyfriend/Girlfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Boyfriend/girlfriend? by Jman06(m): 8:18am On Oct 15, 2017
I was arguing with some girls yesterday on whom a boyfriend or girlfriend is, and they were like a boyfriend is that guy whom they discuss some personal issues with and can confide in and not have any intimate contact with.
On my own part, I argued that a boyfriend/girlfriend is that person you can go intimate with i.e kiss, romance and have sex with aside sharing personal problems and discussiond with. I believe that one can discuss or share one's problems with any other trusted person including family members, but intimacy is what makes someone a boyfriend or girlfriend.
Please your opinion on this issue is highly needed so I can be better informed.
Re: Who Is A Boyfriend/girlfriend? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 15, 2017
Jman06:
I was arguing with some girls yesterday on whom a boyfriend or girlfriend is, and they were like a boyfriend is that guy whom they discuss some personal issues with and can confide in and not have any intimate contact with.
On my own part, I argued that a boyfriend/girlfriend is that person you can go intimate with i.e kiss, romance and have sex with aside sharing personal problems and discussiond with. I believe that one can discuss or share one's problems with any other trusted person including family members, but intimacy is what makes someone a boyfriend or girlfriend.
Please your opinion on this issue is highly needed so I can be better informed.

grin

Ooh Okie's...

So u highly practice the premarital sex abi but still wanna marry a virgin NUNU? grin

actually, it depends sha..some couples don't have sex at least not until they finish college or until they get married..

Any relationship shud not be measured by having sex alone.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Boyfriend/girlfriend? by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 15, 2017
The girls were right while you're right too depending on how you view the question. They explained a boyfriend in a platonic relationship while you defined a boyfriend in a romantic relationship.
Re: Who Is A Boyfriend/girlfriend? by Heloct(f): 10:29am On Oct 15, 2017
A dictionary will explain better.. sad
Re: Who Is A Boyfriend/girlfriend? by Jman06(m): 10:37am On Oct 15, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

grin

Ooh Okie's...

So u highly practice the premarital sex abi but still wanna marry a virgin NUNU? grin

actually, it depends sha..some couples don't have sex at least not until they finish college or until they get married..

Any relationship shud not be measured by having sex alone.

Personally I am not so much interested in having a virgin NUNU.
The couple may not have sex but get intimate through other means like kissing, else it is not a ROMANTIC relationship.
Re: Who Is A Boyfriend/girlfriend? by Jman06(m): 10:42am On Oct 15, 2017
kimbraa:
The girls were right while you're right too depending on how you view the question. They explained a boyfriend in a platonic relationship while you defined a boyfriend in a romantic relationship.
If it is not a romantic relationship then he is not a BOYFRIEND. Oxford advanced learners dictionary was clear enough when it defined a boyfriend as one with whom a lady is in a ROMANTIC relationship.
Re: Who Is A Boyfriend/girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 15, 2017
Jman06:
If it is not a romantic relationship then he is not a BOYFRIEND. Oxford advanced learners dictionary was clear enough when it defined a boyfriend as one with whom a lady is in a ROMANTIC relationship.
So what do you call a guy I'm not in a romantic relationship with but we're friends?.
Re: Who Is A Boyfriend/girlfriend? by Jman06(m): 10:47am On Oct 15, 2017
kimbraa:
So what do you call a guy I'm not in a romantic relationship with but we're friends?.
You are just friends like you rightly stated. The guy is in the "friendzone".

(1) (Reply)

Why Has Sex Been So Demonized. ?!!! / Popular Nollywood Actress Writes Open Advice To New Couple, Banky W And Adesua / Check Out 6 Main Reasons You’re Still Single And How To Overcome Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.