Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,735 members, 7,955,791 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:11 PM

How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. (7287 Views)

How Do I Break Up With Her? / Do I Break Up With Him? / How Do I Dump My Girlfriend Without Hurting Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 17, 2017
generationz:

Have you tried to talk to her about it..

Is she the only child or the last born of her family?

She is the only child
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by khristal87(m): 10:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
D same way u convinced her to date u is hw u ll breakup with her.....if u wanna try my method...i gradually withdraw frm her before she realizes it we become jst friends....we chat call bt no more dating, it works perfectly on all ladies.
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 18, 2017
khristal87:
D same way u convinced her to date u is hw u ll breakup with her.....if u wanna try my method...i gradually withdraw frm her before she realizes it we become jst friends....we chat call bt no more dating, it works perfectly on all ladies.

Lolz
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by austyne4ex(m): 3:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
hey op..wanting to end it now is a good move cus the longer u wait, the harder it will be for u to end it and after u marry her, she will drive u crazy and turn u into a alcholic (believe me i am talking from experience)...there are two ways u can go about this
one is for u to play the genotype card on her (i.e if she doesn't know ur genotype and she happens to be AS)...hope u grab?
the second option is to tell her that u can't continue with the relationship cus u want to focus on other things like ur career or something...pls don't tell her about the differences u guys have cus when u say that, believe me, she will cry on ur shoulders and promise to change and bcus u love her u will accept her back but then it will just be out of pity and not luv
pls note that either way, u are going to hurt her but take solace in the fact that if u don't hurt her, u will end up hurting urself...and also don't try staying friends with her unless u are very sure she has moved on...some things take time...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by generationz(f): 5:11pm On Oct 18, 2017
cruchenutii:

She is the only child
There in lies the problem

As an only child she is used to always having her way. She is also used to having dotting and overprotective parents and people always trying to please her to get favors from her parents as they know she is the apple of their eyes.

I don't believe you guys don't have anything in common as you yourself stated that she's very engaging.

I also suspect you are the kinda guy who doesn't like confronting people but will bottle things up

You need to leave nairaland and talk to you girl

If she loves you you'll know in her willingness to change. When you talk to her she might do small gragra initially, but you'll know she's willing to change with subtle signs of improvement.

We all have different backgrounds. You might have younger ones bellow you whom your word is authority to them. The essence of relationship isn't flowers sex and outings but both of you trying to understand each other. Work with your strengths and find a way through your weaknesses.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2017
generationz:

There in lies the problem

As an only child she is used to always having her way. She is also used to having dotting and overprotective parents and people always trying to please her to get favors from her parents as they know she is the apple of their eyes.

I don't believe you guys don't have anything in common as you yourself stated that she's very engaging.

I also suspect you are the kinda guy who doesn't like confronting people but will bottle things up

You need to leave nairaland and talk to you girl

If she loves you you'll know in her willingness to change. When you talk to her she might do small gragra initially, but you'll know she's willing to change with subtle signs of improvement.

We all have different backgrounds. You might have younger ones bellow you whom your word is authority to them. The essence of relationship isn't flowers sex and outings but both of you trying to understand each other. Work with your strengths and find a way through your weaknesses.

Thanks for this, i really appreciate.
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Kobicove(m): 5:23am On Oct 20, 2017
Just come out and tell us that you have finished 'chopping' and now you want to move on undecided
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by generationz(f): 11:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
cruchenutii:

you are welcome
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 21, 2017
Kobicove:
Just come out and tell us that you have finished 'chopping' and now you want to move on undecided

World People !!! If I dated the my girlfriend all through without sex. Its you guys that will say "Ahhhh You are in the Friend zone".

Now because we are having sex, You saying its "chopping" and clean mouth?

Mehn I don't understand you Nigerian guys honestly !
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by monex(m): 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2017
Taniaa:
Many people say they don't want to hurt another person and tiptoeing around the situation can do more harm than help-don't tiptoe, be decisive.
It is an action to avoid as much repercussion as possible, don't be too soft in the break up, but don't be insensitive.
Speak the truth but not the whole truth. You don't need to tell her her flaws, etc.
Let her know how you feel about the relationship and that the action you're taking is best for the both of you.
Be honest, open, and sincere.Wish for the best and prepare for the worst and behave cordially.
Best advise so far.

She will get over the hurt. Time heals all.

be decisive but not insensitive. I have broken up with someone i felt the world would crash on her. I even cried and nearly thought of not breaking up with her again. At the end I did it. She cried her hearts out. Cursed me etc. but got over it and we are friends now. She apologized for the curses and told me it was an emotional response.
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by habsydiamond(m): 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2017
this man u funny oo...how is compatible and heartbreak thesame...u better start searching for an alternative B4 u end up with black market
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2017
habsydiamond:
this man u funny oo...how is compatible and heartbreak thesame...u better start searching for an alternative B4 u end up with black market

Excuse me sir, which one is black market?
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by habsydiamond(m): 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2017
cruchenutii:

Excuse me sir, which one is black market?
oja okunkun. a market where quality is not guaranteed
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by iphanyi10(m): 9:59pm On Dec 07, 2017
you talk about setting her free as if she is in bondage..
please, if you know she is really committed and making plans for the future with you, now will be the best time to let her know..
and since she has not offended or wronged you, i suggest you do it politely and maturedly,
have a one on one talk with her, you know her well so you know the approach to use..
and please dont go radio silence on her, cos guys do that alot..
goodluck!!!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 07, 2017
iphanyi10:
you talk about setting her free as if she is in bondage..
please, if you know she is really committed and making plans for the future with you, now will be the best time to let her know..
and since she has not offended or wronged you, i suggest you do it politely and maturedly,
have a one on one talk with her, you know her well so you know the approach to use..
and please dont go radio silence on her, cos guys do that alot..
goodluck!!!

Biko, which is Radio silence again?, So many funny terms undecided
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Rukkydelta(f): 10:41pm On Dec 07, 2017
cruchenutii:

On the 15th this month will make it two months you created this thread?
Hope you two are no longer a couple?
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 4:07am On Dec 08, 2017
Rukkydelta:

On the 15th this month will make it two months you created this thread?
Hope you two are no longer a couple?

Yes, we are still a couple. Everything is working out gradually. I'm just laughing at the funny things people are saying lol.
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Slaye: 4:28am On Dec 08, 2017
cruchenutii:
So this is a real life issue & not some cooked up stories. I've been dating this Girl for 1 Year Plus , she's a sweet girl But Issue is.

We don't have a lot in common. She doesn't like what I like & I don't like what she likes. She's like the total opposite. I just tried to manage this far, but In order not to waste her time, I need to set her free on time. So she can find her other half & settle down on time. As I actually love her & wish her well in a reality.

I need to set her free, But I don't know how to, because she's the very Emotional type that can/may do something drastic because of Heart break.

SO i Just need ideas on how to set her free without being heart broken , And Explain to her nicely why we can't be together & Leave her in peace.

Biko help your guy Abeg. CC Emusmithy mrphysics kimbra tosyne2much ilegendd and pocohantas

Tell her you just found out you have hiv and you don't want to infect her with it.

Works like magic everytime.

grin
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by iphanyi10(m): 9:59am On Dec 09, 2017
cruchenutii:

Lol,
Normally when I see a new or strange word or vocabulary, I try to look it up in the dictionary or Google it
That way I know I have learnt something new..
Anyway, radio silence is a period which one hears nothing from a normally communicative person or a group.
Hope this explanation helps
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by eterisan(m): 12:30pm On Dec 28, 2017
cruchenutii:

My friend people rarely change.. I am in the same condition as you are.. I don't know how I managed for three years hoping she will change... When a man decides in his heart to move on then he should...or you will be living a tentative life.... she will drive you mad one day if continue putting up with her attitude that in your heart of heart do not accept..
The best way to break up is to create space between you guys.. That's what I am doing... I believe she will figure it out... #radiosilence
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
eterisan:

My friend people rarely change.. I am in the same condition as you are.. I don't know how I managed for three years hoping she will change... When a man decides in his heart to move on then he should...or you will be living a tentative life.... she will drive you mad one day if continue putting up with her attitude that in your heart of heart do not accept..
The best way to break up is to create space between you guys.. That's what I am doing... I believe she will figure it out... #radiosilence

How did this go ?
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by collette10: 9:20am On Feb 18, 2019
Still wondering how people do this, one month you didn't notice that? You had to wait for a whole year and half to notice you guys compatibility. Nna well done oh!!
Re: How Can I Break Up With My Girlfriend Without Leaving Her Heart Broken. by eterisan(m): 10:00pm On Feb 18, 2019
Fiyinfoluwa20:

How did this go ?
Got what I wanted..... Then decided that was not what I wanted.. Lol... The break up happened... Then.....

Story for another day

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done / Dating Younger Girls! / Igbo Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.