Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image (38208 Views)

Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist / Oladuah Equiano: Twisted History By Igbos / Sad Memories Of Slavery As GOOGLE Celebrates Anambra Born Olaudah Equiano- PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2017
ezeagu:
Don't know where or when Olaudah Equiano's Igbo origin was contested.

https://books.google.com/books?id=CXQwDQAAQBAJ&pg=PA190
More info for the pained afonjas.
Here is the book cover

cc aribisala0

1 Share

Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by iconize(m): 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
einsteine:
"Equiano recounted an incident when an attempted kidnapping of children was foiled by adults in his villages in Benin, Nigeria. When he was around the age of eleven, he and his sister were left alone to look after their family's premises, as was common when adults went out of the house to work. They were both kidnapped and taken far away from their hometown of Etsako, separated, and sold to slave traders. After changing ownership several times, Equiano met his sister again, but they were separated and he was taken across a large river to the coast, where he was held by European slave trader"

That is from his biography.

Illiterates with no slightest idea about biography and autography, are spewing gibberish from their putrid mouths.
Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by aribisala0(m): 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2017
giftq:

More info for the pained afonjas.
Here is the book cover

cc aribisala0

Chai! e dey pain me for una #

It is now about Eboe slaves in Diaspora

What about Eboes in their homeland There is nothing to report culturally or historically that is why there is this desperation for validation.

Where is the other thread about Eri and Gad

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by aribisala0(m): 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
iconize:

Illiterates with no slightest idea about biography and autography, are spewing gibberish from their putrid mouths.

Etsako = Essaka

Eri = Umueri
Equiano = Ikwuano
these folk are creative

LWKMD

2 Likes

Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by iconize(m): 10:17pm On Oct 16, 2017
Pigsandidiots:
What is his igbo name.

These idiots come in handy. Get ready for your waterloo today.

Olaudah Equiano sounds European to you?

1 Like

Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by iconize(m): 10:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
aribisala0:

Etsako = Essaka

Eri = Umueri
Equiano = Ikwuano
these folk are creative

LWKMD

Dumbo, tell us what Equiano mean in Bini?
Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by TheKingIsHere: 10:58pm On Oct 16, 2017
igbodefender:

Source is salt and pepper. Just joking. Just buy the man's book and read it. He says he is an Iboe that came from Essaka (Ashaka) in Benin Province.

OK.. Thanks
Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by TheKingIsHere: 11:01pm On Oct 16, 2017
bigfrancis21:

http://www.edoworld.net/Edo_Warrior_Kingdom_Opposed_Atlantic_Slave_Trade.html

I think people need to really research into the transatlantic slave trade before making assumptions. The rumor that Olaudah Ikwuano was from Bini is as fallacious as it can get, with no factual evidence or proof.

Thanks for this.

That means it was olaudah fellow igbomen that sold him into slavery?

Hmm. Am learning today.
Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by Arielle: 11:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
grin grin grin cheesy See claiming! The poor man would be turning in his grave at being compared to Nnamdi Kanu.
Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by Leez(m): 11:24pm On Oct 16, 2017
giftq:
More info for the pained afonjas. Here is the book cover
cc aribisala0
grin grin afonjas in tears rite nw grin
Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by ofai: 12:07am On Oct 17, 2017
Equiano is indisputably Igbo. Read his book and cure your ignorance all Edo claimers.

1 Like

Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 17, 2017
giftq:

Ka Chineke mezie okwu.
Nzuzu akariala na Nairaland

Ha ezuzu ka. Ihe kwa ndi dimkpa mmadu oo. O bu kwa ghi umuazi. Nna ihe nke a. Ha eme pee la akuku ato n' isi nwoke a taa. Tufiakwa!!
Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 17, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

I have read this and it is similar to what was written on Wikipedia page which you claim that Wikipedia isnt reliable.

Provide another full narration that is different from what is on Wikipedia.

You can't say Wikipedia isn't reliable and providing what is still on Wikipedia.

Is it that you did not go to school to know that you can never cite Wikipedia? Come on dude, you are too grown for this shit.
Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 17, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

OK.. Thanks
You are welcome, Sir
Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 17, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Thanks for this.
Hmm. Am learning today.
If I were you I'll bow in shame cos you were beaten in yo game.

2 Likes

Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by FemiMaduka(m): 4:32am On Oct 17, 2017
Sukkot, Ivolt, Pigsandidiots and Aribisala (or what have you), you guys should take a break abeg! All over the world there is a consensus that Olaudah Equiano was Eboe (Igbo) born in Essaka in Anambra state; the man spoke Eboe, wrote in Eboe (or tried to), wrote about Eboe and claimed to be Eboe, so should we really be having this argument? The Sun newspaper (UK) did an article on him to celebrate his birthday and it was pointed out that he was Eboe from Essaka in Anambra state. Common sense and a good sense of history would have exposed any body to the fact that some Igbo communities came under the influence of the Bini Empire; and centuries ago, when our indigenous languages hadn't had a standardized system of writing using the Latin/English Alphabet, it was commonplace to see our native names rendered in English as they sound. For example, Igbo was spelled as 'Heebo' or 'Eboe' (up to this present day, Igbo is still wrongly spelt as 'IBO'); Orisa as OrisHa; Ohambala anglicised as Anambra; Shaworo (a Yoruba community in Benin Republic) was called Tchaourou; Wese was Ouesse; and many more of such renditions just to make the name conform to their style. How many of us pronounce Wenger (Arsene) as 'Venga' - which is the authentic pronunciation. I am in no doubt that Equiano was 'Ikwuano'.
N.B: Thekingshere (or whatever) I carefully followed your writeups on this thread and came to a conclusion (though I was almost fooled): you don't intend to learn, you just want to troll!

3 Likes

Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 17, 2017
aribisala0:

Chai! e dey pain me for una #

It is now about Eboe slaves in Diaspora

What about Eboes in their homeland There is nothing to report culturally or historically that is why there is this desperation for validation.

Where is the other thread about Eri and Gad

grin grin grin
Igbo amaka grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by comos: 8:05am On Oct 17, 2017
Igbo, make una carry go

we don accept.

He is an Igbo-man

1 Like

Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 17, 2017
comos:
Igbo, make una carry go

we don accept.

He is an Igbo-man
Igbo amaka grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by GoldenChiddy: 8:18am On Oct 17, 2017
There's a lot of igbo culture being promoted within the igbo-British community. Have a look at the channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPSSJKUIZ98

2 Likes

Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by iconize(m): 8:22am On Oct 17, 2017
Pigsandidiots:
So na people here go edit his wikki to edo right? So wikki also hate igbo that they have to lie he's from edo instead of igbo. You lack wisdom. Why didn't you say wikki just wrote about him yesterday because they hate igbo and wanted to change his tribe. You are a typical bimbo. He's from etsako in edo state. Fact will never lie. I have seen many cases here where igbo claimed another person.

You're a dumbass. So to your asinine brain, wikipedia is a reliable source of information?
Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by rufychuks: 9:12am On Oct 17, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

What's stops you from posting it? You claimed to have downloaded it months ago right. Provide the links as I can't be moved by cheap lies.
Guy, I have posted screenshots from the book here so you know its not a lie. I don't believe you are that lazy to Google a book, download and actually read it! I have told you how to go about it yet you want to be spoonfed. I will not post the link here. If you can't find the book yourself, then continue arguing in ignorance. Seems Wikipedia is all you can search on.
Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by rufychuks: 9:22am On Oct 17, 2017
giftq:

Not even God can convince TheKingIsHere that Mazi Olauda Ikwuano was an Igbo man.
Lol! That is why I won't post the link here. He obviously doesn't want to be convinced. He wants to keep arguing. How can he search for the book on Google and get NOTHING!? He isn't ready jare.
Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by TheKingIsHere: 11:22am On Oct 17, 2017
IfeanyiYagazie:

If I were you I'll bow in shame cos you were beaten in yo game.
Why? You said he is igbo, I agree and now asked that his fellow igbomen sold him to slavery. Is that not so?
Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by TheKingIsHere: 11:25am On Oct 17, 2017
Arondizuogu:

Is it that you did not go to school to know that you can never cite Wikipedia? Come on dude, you are too grown for this shit.

You guys are beginning to sound silly.

You said Wikipedia is not reliable yet all the images circulating round here is what is on Wikipedia page.

I have agreed that he is igbo so that you lot especially the ignorant ones who believe that anyone with a contrary opinion hates igbos.

So, the conclusion is he is igbo.
Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 17, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

So, the conclusion is he is igbo.
At last
grin grin

Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by rabzy: 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
TheKingIsHere:

Thanks for this.

Hmm. Am learning today.

you have a lot to learn, if you dont know that it is people of the same tribe/race that mostly sells themselves to outsiders. in fact sometimes stubborn children are sold by their parents.
Re: Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image by Daraph(m): 2:22am On May 27, 2018
CC; Daraph

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Timipre Sylva Criticized For Landing At Bayelsa Airport He Claimed Never Exist / Kanayo O. Kanayo Blasts Reno Omokri For Mocking Peter Obi Over Mr Ibru / Plots To Bomb Computer Village Lagos, Worship Centres & Parks Uncovered By DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.