Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist (22846 Views)

1st Birthday Of Nathaniel, Faith And Prince Godswill Edward Celebrate Son / Obasanjo & Goodluck Jonathan At 85th Birthday Of Gabriel Igbinedion Thanksgiving / Google Clebrates Olaudah Equiano's 272nd Birthday With Image (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Liebermantic: 12:40am On Oct 17, 2017
ifyboy60:

Babangida its not an hausa, he is gbagyi from minna in Niger state. Get ur facts before arguing what u are not sure of.

Babangida is purely an Hausa Name.I have stayed in the North and i understand Hausa.They bear Badamasi as a name also.
Baba means Father
Gida means House.

Babangida means Father of the house in Hausa.
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by bibe(m): 12:45am On Oct 17, 2017
Liebermantic:

Babangida is purely an Hausa Name.I have stayed in the North and i understand Hausa.They bear Badamasi as a name also.
Baba means Father
Gida means House.

Babangida means Father of the house in Hausa.

The original commenter meant to say that the person of babangida is not Hausa by ethnicity. The argument stemmed from his middle name badamasi not being Hausa (some alluded it to be Yoruba). The name babangida however as you've spelled out is Hausa no doubt.
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by naninwa007: 2:04am On Oct 17, 2017
ivolt:

Stop twisting history. Olaudah was a Benin man from etsako area.
mumu go n read his history on wikipedia n stop quoting what u dont know

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by naninwa007: 2:22am On Oct 17, 2017
Pigsandidiots:
Here is one of the evidences he's from edo, etsako to be precised. Stop claiming him.

dont worry this will help u
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olaudah_Equiano
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by FemiMaduka(m): 2:40am On Oct 17, 2017
Sukkot, Ivolt, Pigsandidiots and Aribisala (or what have you), you guys should take a break abeg! All over the world there is a consensus that Olaudah Equiano was Eboe (Igbo) born in Essaka in Anambra state; the man spoke Eboe, wrote in Eboe (or tried to), wrote about Eboe and claimed to be Eboe, so should we really be having this argument? The Sun newspaper (UK) did an article on him to celebrate his birthday and it was pointed out that he was Eboe from Essaka in Anambra state. Common sense and a good sense of history would have exposed any body to the fact that some Igbo communities came under the influence of the Bini Empire; and centuries ago, when our indigenous languages hadn't had a standardized system of writing using the Latin/English Alphabet, it was commonplace to see our native names rendered in English as they sound. For example, Igbo was spelled as 'Heebo' or 'Eboe' (up to this present day, Igbo is still wrongly spelt as 'IBO'); Orisa as OrisHa; Ohambala anglicised as Anambra; Shaworo (a Yoruba community in Benin Republic) was called Tchaourou; Wese was Ouesse; and many more of such renditions just to make the name conform to their style. How many of us pronounce Wenger (Arsene) as 'Venga' - which is the authentic pronunciation. I am in no doubt that Equiano was 'Ikwuano'.

5 Likes

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by IkpuMmadu: 5:12am On Oct 17, 2017
I thank Lord I am Igbo
I Hank Lord I am Anambra

1 Like

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by IkpuMmadu: 5:15am On Oct 17, 2017
aribisala0:

Can you point to one single example of an Eboe man whose name is Ola----- anything

Just one!!

Ola is a common Igbo name

But this Olaudah is anglicised ...it's original means Oludah Ekwuano .... The surname is Ekwuano and it's a common ground Igbo surname ...the English don't have KW so they use Q instead

My dear you should know that amongst the African races...the most intelligent are Igbo and Ethiopians...it's a fact

I don't know why we are in same country with lower IQ people

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by aribisala0(m): 5:46am On Oct 17, 2017
naninwa007:

dont worry this will help u
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olaudah_Equiano
can see how desperate you folk are you have deleted Etsako from Wikipedia. Etsako that was there 12 hours ago.Continue. Una no get shame and deserve pity . So this man is now your Zenith of Humanity>

What you don't know is that when you edit Wikipedia articles there is a record
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Olaudah_Equiano&action=history

See how many edits the article has seen in the last 2 days shameless people
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by aribisala0(m): 5:47am On Oct 17, 2017
Ekwuano ko Owkute ni
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by aribisala0(m): 6:01am On Oct 17, 2017
These folk are really DESPERATE for validation

See what has been going on in Wikipedia

https://screenshots.firefox.com/QSrMvZkNfgOB4ub4/en.wikipedia.org

A people with no story how pathetic!!

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Amarabae(f): 6:34am On Oct 17, 2017
aribisala0:
These folk are really DESPERATE for validation

See what has been going on in Wikipedia

https://screenshots.firefox.com/QSrMvZkNfgOB4ub4/en.wikipedia.org

A people with no story how pathetic!!

you have been beaten blue black in this thread, eat the humble pie and sleep,
and what history do you guys have? A history in which your ilorin was conquered by the fulanis and an emir installed?
Igbos dont have such pathetic history,
keep on ranting and sweating, The era you guys controlled the media is long gone,
accept the bitter truth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 17, 2017
Amarabae:
A history in which your ilorin was conquered by the fulanis and an emir installed?
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by ofai: 6:39am On Oct 17, 2017
aribisala0:
can see how desperate you folk are you have deleted Etsako from Wikipedia. Etsako that was there 12 hours ago.Continue. Una no get shame and deserve pity . So this man is now your Zenith of Humanity>

What you don't know is that when you edit Wikipedia articles there is a record

See how many edits the article has seen in the last 2 days shameless people

It has always been Igbo before your etsako nonsense came in. I have been reading about equiano on Wikipedia and it wasn't etsako. You losers changed it from Igbo to etsako. Losers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by aribisala0(m): 6:40am On Oct 17, 2017
Amarabae:
you have been beaten blue black in this thread, eat the humble pie and sleep,
and what history do you guys have? A history in which your ilorin was conquered by the fulanis and an emir installed?
Igbos dont have such pathetic history,
keep on ranting and sweating, The era you guys controlled the media is long gone,
accept the bitter truth.
We are talking about your desperation to create history for yourselves because in reality you have none.

Who is ruling over you in Aro?

Akamkpa kings

Let us stick to the subject here

In your desperation you have been busy editing the Olauda story un Wikipedia well there is the log for you

Your people are nothing but savages with NO STORY and NO HISTORY that is why yo so desperately need this

1 Like

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by aribisala0(m): 6:42am On Oct 17, 2017
I suggest you go and edit the history of how tiny Akamkpa installed their sons as Kings and lords in Aro

Or are the Aros not slaves of Akamkpa??
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Amarabae(f): 6:49am On Oct 17, 2017
aribisala0:
We are talking about your desperation to create history for yourselves because in reality you have none.

Who is ruling over you in Aro?

Akamkpa kings

Let us stick to the subject here

In your desperation you have been busy editing the Olauda story un Wikipedia well there is the log for you

Your people are nothing but savages with NO STORY and NO HISTORY that is why yo so desperately need this
and i ask you what history do you people have?
A history of slavehood to the fulanis as demonstrated by ilorin conquest by the emirate.
Is that the history? Or a history that can not provide you people with good foods nor beauty,
looking like rejected sacrifice offered to a deity.
OR a history where Dahomey women defeated your forefathers in battle?
pathetic history.
Equaino describe himself as eboe and thats final and the literary world known him as that,
you can cry us a river from now to forever, it changes nothing,
and dont disturb my mention again,
if you still want an attack, I will send you my dogs, both of you can relate better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 17, 2017
aribisala0:

Go back to school and correct your quota system mis-education ASAP

Igbo amaka grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by BudeYahooCom: 6:52am On Oct 17, 2017
ivolt:

Stop twisting history.
Olaudah was a Benin man from etsako area.

The truth about Olaudah Ikwuano (Equiano) pain you no be small. Go and delete the part where he called himself Eboe in his autobiography and educated the world about our 4 market days.. grin grin
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by aribisala0(m): 6:53am On Oct 17, 2017
Amarabae:
and i ask you what history do you people have?
A history of slavehood to the fulanis as demonstrated by ilorin conquest by the emirate.
Is that the history? Or a history that can not provide you people with good foods nor beauty,
looking like rejected sacrifice offered to a deity.
pathetic history.
Equaino describe himself as eboe and thats final and the literary world known him as that,
you can cry us a river from now to forever, it changes nothing,
and dont disturb my mention again,
if you still want an attack, I will send you my dogs, both of you can relate better.
We have a history of Empire that stretched to Ghana
Our religion has universal following
Ilorin was not conquered clearly you are ignorant.

That is very different from the story of Aro conquest by Akamkpa.
It does not matter to me whether he is Eboe what is pathetic is your desperation ,desperation that he must be, desperation to be Jews.

Your people are nothing, just shadows
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by aribisala0(m): 6:56am On Oct 17, 2017
giftq:

Go back to school and correct your quota system mis-education ASAP

Igbo amaka grin
Desperation

We asked you to mention the name of ONE any one male or female entity in the entire Igbo history .

NOTHING TO REPORT

Oh yes there is someone

OlaOdua grin
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 17, 2017
aribisala0:

LMAO
Igbos are nothing, but there are 200,000 Igbo/Biafran threads on Nairaland.
Oladeebo, Vivere, T9ksy, Omenka are jumping from one Igbo/Biafra thread to another trying to remain relevant.

grin grin grin

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Amarabae(f): 6:58am On Oct 17, 2017
aribisala0:

the same nothing people will continue to dominate you economically in your backyard,
chinedu will continue to buy up your ancestral lands and ebuka will continue to be your landlord.
The truth is bitter, kiss it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by aribisala0(m): 7:00am On Oct 17, 2017
All the Igbo History happened abroad In Israel and Jamaica

You even needed white men to come and dig up Igbo Ukwu for you

But since you are Jews those things in Igbo Ukwu were by another people since by that time you were crossing the Red Sea with Moses

2 Likes

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 17, 2017
aribisala0:

Desperation

We asked you to mention the name of ONE any one male or female entity in the entire Igbo history .

NOTHING TO REPORT

Oh yes there is someone

OlaOdua grin
Go back to school.
Your education is incomplete, thats why you are Igbo-phobic
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by BudeYahooCom: 7:01am On Oct 17, 2017
twilliamx:

It is qua iboe not igbo. U guys are land locked remember!
Olodo wetin you dey yarn?
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Amarabae(f): 7:01am On Oct 17, 2017
Igbos made me so proud in this thread, how they dealt with the history distorters from the west is amazing,
they should go and distort the history where dahomey women dealt with their forefathers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 17, 2017
aribisala0:

All the Igbo History happened abroad In Israel and Jamaica

You even needed white men to come and dig up Igbo Ukwu for you

But since you are Jews those things in Igbo Ukwu were by another people since by that time you were crossing the Red Sea with Moses
Igbo history is happening in Lagos, no mans's land grin grin

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by aribisala0(m): 7:03am On Oct 17, 2017
OlaOdua from Shaki in Oyo state
Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by aribisala0(m): 7:06am On Oct 17, 2017
giftq:

Igbo history is happening in Lagos, no mans's land grin grin
It is happening

1 Like

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 17, 2017
aribisala0:

It is happening
Igbo amaka

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 17, 2017
aribisala0:
OlaOdua from Shaki in Oyo state
Michael Adebolajo, skull mining on the streets of London

Re: Who Was Olaudah Equiano? Google Marks 272nd Birthday Of Abolitionist by aribisala0(m): 7:14am On Oct 17, 2017
Amarabae:
the same nothing people will continue to dominate you economically in your backyard,
chinedu will continue to buy up your ancestral lands and ebuka will continue to be your landlord.
The truth is bitter, kiss it
The same people making you swim in mud in your ancestral lands? Don't worry I won't post pictures
The same people who starved you to death? That one I will post the pictures very soon
Keep deceiving yourselves about how rich you are and how Orji Kalu banks with World Bank

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Nigeria On The Edge Of Bankruptcy - Punch / Obama To Send High-powered Delegation To Buhari’s Inauguration / Construction Of 3050MW Power Plant In Taraba: Fashola Opens Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.