Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,909 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency (55304 Views)

How A Lady With Fake Naira Notes Approached Me At ATM Queue - Man / How To Identify A Fake Naira Note (Video) / I'm Made !!! I Finally Saw The New Naira Currency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2017
cristianisraeli:

honest business indeed..

he bought the box for 30k in lagos and want to sell for 75k..its called greed

Did he tell you he bought it 30k? And even if he did, he has a right to sell it any amount he likes, a buyer just has to choose to walk away. Do not justify the evil done to him and have a little empathy, don't type anyhow.

10 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2017
grin

summary, op tried to maga acho, the problem here is acho na old experience maga master, he Don old for d business, so Mr acho maga d op well well grin

Sorry op

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:59pm On Oct 16, 2017
OP sorry for the loss bro. Buh you messed up too.
Whenever you wanna transact business with an unknown person, it has to be during day time.

Also, you the seller, is supposed to be the one to decide the location for the transaction and must not even be your own house. It must be an open place where people are in case of any anything. Thats what even OLX says in their adverts

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by ikdaddy01(m): 9:59pm On Oct 16, 2017
Hmmm Sorry Op
They say experience is the best teacher.
In business, If open your OWN mouth and tell me that you are an officer or, that you re a pastor.....thats when I ll be over careful.
You ve learnt unfortunately while loosing ur money. Be consoled that you are not the first and wouldn't be the last.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Aboguede(m): 10:00pm On Oct 16, 2017
I noticed that alot of u guys here are reading from the anus or is this the forum of blind readers?

I thought the op was stupid and unwise in telling all this stincking lies but I observed that even the socalled Mr. nairaland wise man NwaAmaipke is just a coward. imagin his reply.
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Hemcy1(m): 10:02pm On Oct 16, 2017
Biafra duped Bisfraud
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by BluntBoy(m): 10:02pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ogaezy:
I succeeded in purchasing a good laptop at ikeja computer village last week after a long time saving up. My sister helped me waybill it down to where I am which caused me a lot of stress because I had to stay up all night waiting for the waybill to arrive which did around 12:23pm late in the night. I actually got the laptop at a good price and mind started telling me to play smart by reselling it and make profit, I was also encourage to do so by my uncles too, maybe I can start trading like that, who knows. So I concurred, took pictures of the laptop and advertised it online, and almost immediately a call came in from Mr ACHO NDUBUISI who alleged he's a military officer serving in Enugu (Army).

After negotiation, we agreed on a price which I was happy about because of the profit I was going to make out of the deal. Mr ACHO wanted the laptop same day the advert went up which was on Friday 13th but told me that the nature of his job won't permit him to meet with me but rather suggested we meet in the evening of the next day been Saturday 14th at Okigwe which I agreed to. I got a call from him on Saturday at about 4:45pm that he's on his way to okigwe and that I should start coming. I went to the park and boarded a bus going to okigwe, before my bus took off it was almost night at about few minutes to 7o'clock, I wanted to cancel the appointment but I didn't want to disappoint this man I took the risk and arrived at Okigwe at almost 8pm.

I meet with Mr ACHO who went through the laptop(Hp 4530s) and asked if it's in good condition and I said yes, he paid me, I counted the money, it was complete and I hurried to board a bus back home because it was getting late already. Inside the bus I was having the feeling to check the money again but who counts huge cash if up-to 75k in a public transport when it's night already. I shook off the urge and got home, I didn't check the money again until Monday morning which was my mistake.

Monday morning, I hurried over my bath, and rushed to the bank to make the deposit into my account only for me to hear the cashier ask HIA, WHO GAVE YOU THIS MONEY OGA and WHERE DID YOU GET IT FROM, immediately I was confused, it was all fake currencies except for one note which was good but was placed ontop. I felt hot sweat leaving my body as I became so uncomfortable, I was referred to the branch manager who inspected the money all over again and affirmed to it FAKENNESS, I felt something like tears trying to obstruct my sight when I heard I was going to be arrested for circulation of fake currency. I explained everything to the manager who took pity on me and allowed me out of the bank.

I had to start calling Mr Acho only for him to deny that he never gave me fake 1000 naira note currencies in 75k pieces. I was shocked, after explaining everything to about my innocence in our deal he started threatening me, that I should come to Enugu so he can deal with me with his colleagues (Army), that I'm accusing him a Federal officer for giving me fake currencies.

Right now I'm in a state of mixed feelings but I decided to write this so that my fellow Nairalanders can learn from my mistake and also for people seeking their wares online to be mindful of MR ACHO NDUBUISI and his likes who goes about to dupe people with fake Nigerian Currencies.
As for Mr Acho, I leave his case with GOd who judges rightly.

Attached is the picture of the receipt and laptop I sold to him.

Plz moderators help me move this to the front page so others can learn. I don't know which forum to post it.

On what online platform did you advertise the laptop?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Tungy(m): 10:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
This is not the kinda case u leave for God, I suggest this matter should be reported to the police. It's possible he's lying about him been in the military, call off his blush and get this bustard son of a thousand fathers.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by trinitiron(m): 10:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
Sorry bro but next time don't do business with a stranger at night and in his/her preferred location .
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Kissgrafix1(m): 10:06pm On Oct 16, 2017
cristianisraeli:

na your greed kill you..this laptop way be like box na him you won sell for 75k,,lol.i hope say you don learn your lesson..take cane below
You really don't know anything about laptops ... Go check the new one online probook is quite expensive ... Its his camera thats making it look like a box grin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Homeboiy: 10:06pm On Oct 16, 2017
You no get shrine for una village_

Try that with me n I will tell u that I can kill spiritually
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by cristianisraeli: 10:07pm On Oct 16, 2017
Kissgrafix1:

You really don't know anything about laptops ... Go check the new one online probook is quite expensive ... Its his camera thats making it look like a box grin

hahaha..really.do you know the king am using now?? atleast you mentioned box..lol

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by kobijacobs(m): 10:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
It's good for u....ntorrrr!!!
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by kobijacobs(m): 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
Hemcy1:
Biafra duped Bisfraud

mumu
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by cristianisraeli: 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
Deseo:

Did he tell you he bought it 30k? And even if he did, he has a right to sell it any amount he likes, a buyer just has to choose to walk away. Do not justify the evil done to him and have a little empathy, don't type anyhow.

ok because of your words they are ringing nice and sweet in my ears..oya @Ogaezy i apologize for my words and next time please do not be greedy.
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2017
cristianisraeli:

ok because of your words they are ringing nice and sweet in my ears..oya @Ogaezy i apologize for my words and next time please do not be greedy.

Even if he sold it 5k, the scammer would have given him fake. I feel bad for him, just innocently fell victim to a thief. Sleep tight.
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by jaychubi: 10:12pm On Oct 16, 2017
BluntBoy:

On what online platform did you advertise the laptop?

Certainly OLX, i had similar experience I put up my HP 250 laptop for sale and 24 hrs later one man who called himself a pastor but works in a bank as he claimed called saying he wants to buy it but keep choosing venue(mostly lonely bus stops) where we will meet n mostly at night 8pm upwards (BC of his banking work) but I was too clever for him grin grin grin d Idiot was always telling me God bless u as par pastor, na me person wan maga angry angry angry

I immediately told him we can only meet in a fast food joint Mon to Sunday between 1pm n 5pm, I put up d laptop for 65k n he no even price, d highest offer I got b4 him was 50k yet I turned him down BC he looks suspicious.

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by cristianisraeli: 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2017
Deseo:

Even if he sold it 5k, the scammer would have given him fake. I feel bad for him, just innocently fell victim to a thief. Sleep tight.

lol..number 1 lesson..greed is what makes one fall victim..i must tell you the truth..be actually bought it to use and let him even tell us the original amount he bought it for..that laptop in lagos is either 45k or 50k or last 55k..am a pure computer village boy..i know
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by kobijacobs(m): 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2017
nairavsdollars:
IPOBian's inhumanity to an IPOBian

idiot
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 16, 2017
jagugu88li:
I tried to help someone and they decided to give me wrong info. Later sent me the write 1 but I wasnt there anymore. No one trust anyone these days......

You will be good. They probably used it on useless things anyway.

Ehnnn..
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Kissgrafix1(m): 10:15pm On Oct 16, 2017
cristianisraeli:

hahaha..really.do you know the king am using now?? atleast you mentioned box..lol

Lol what king ., just tell me the dedicated V card
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Legolast: 10:21pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ogaezy:
I succeeded in purchasing a good laptop at ikeja computer village last week after a long time saving up. My sister helped me waybill it down to where I am which caused me a lot of stress because I had to stay up all night waiting for the waybill to arrive which did around 12:23pm late in the night. I actually got the laptop at a good price and mind started telling me to play smart by reselling it and make profit, I was also encourage to do so by my uncles too, maybe I can start trading like that, who knows. So I concurred, took pictures of the laptop and advertised it online, and almost immediately a call came in from Mr ACHO NDUBUISI who alleged he's a military officer serving in Enugu (Army).

After negotiation, we agreed on a price which I was happy about because of the profit I was going to make out of the deal. Mr ACHO wanted the laptop same day the advert went up which was on Friday 13th but told me that the nature of his job won't permit him to meet with me but rather suggested we meet in the evening of the next day been Saturday 14th at Okigwe which I agreed to. I got a call from him on Saturday at about 4:45pm that he's on his way to okigwe and that I should start coming. I went to the park and boarded a bus going to okigwe, before my bus took off it was almost night at about few minutes to 7o'clock, I wanted to cancel the appointment but I didn't want to disappoint this man I took the risk and arrived at Okigwe at almost 8pm.

I meet with Mr ACHO who went through the laptop(Hp 4530s) and asked if it's in good condition and I said yes, he paid me, I counted the money, it was complete and I hurried to board a bus back home because it was getting late already. Inside the bus I was having the feeling to check the money again but who counts huge cash if up-to 75k in a public transport when it's night already. I shook off the urge and got home, I didn't check the money again until Monday morning which was my mistake.

Monday morning, I hurried over my bath, and rushed to the bank to make the deposit into my account only for me to hear the cashier ask HIA, WHO GAVE YOU THIS MONEY OGA and WHERE DID YOU GET IT FROM, immediately I was confused, it was all fake currencies except for one note which was good but was placed ontop. I felt hot sweat leaving my body as I became so uncomfortable, I was referred to the branch manager who inspected the money all over again and affirmed to it FAKENNESS, I felt something like tears trying to obstruct my sight when I heard I was going to be arrested for circulation of fake currency. I explained everything to the manager who took pity on me and allowed me out of the bank.

I had to start calling Mr Acho only for him to deny that he never gave me fake 1000 naira note currencies in 75k pieces. I was shocked, after explaining everything to about my innocence in our deal he started threatening me, that I should come to Enugu so he can deal with me with his colleagues (Army), that I'm accusing him a Federal officer for giving me fake currencies.

Right now I'm in a state of mixed feelings but I decided to write this so that my fellow Nairalanders can learn from my mistake and also for people seeking their wares online to be mindful of MR ACHO NDUBUISI and his likes who goes about to dupe people with fake Nigerian Currencies.
As for Mr Acho, I leave his case with GOd who judges rightly.

Attached is the picture of the receipt and laptop I sold to him.

Plz moderators help me move this to the front page so others can learn. I don't know which forum to post it.

I have been seeing mungu for my life, your own na first class. Sorry sha

But wait o, how can a buyer chose location for you [color=#990000][/color]
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Ogaezy(m): 10:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
Everyone buys and sells, wanted to same but was unfortunate, it wasn't greed in the first place, but I've learned my lesson. For people calling that laptop a box, you can go and browse Hp 4530s and see for yourself. I used photo resizer to reduce the size of the pics to that it can be uploaded. I bleeped up yes, but I just don't want anyone to tow the line of my mistake.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by TrapHedges(m): 10:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
all the people shouting greed greed..is it now bad to make good profit in business?? stupid hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2017
Where is the fake currency na?
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Ogaezy(m): 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=Deseo post=61489156]

Did he tell you he bought it 30k? And even if he did, he has a right to sell it any amount he likes, a buyer just has to choose to walk away. Do not justify the evil done to him and have a little empathy, don't type anyhow.[/quote

That laptop is sold at 147k core i3 new.... The core i7 is about 200k, so it's not a 30k laptop
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Ogaezy(m): 10:25pm On Oct 16, 2017
Dexter247:
Where is the fake currency na?

With the bank
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Ogaezy(m): 10:26pm On Oct 16, 2017
cristianisraeli:

lol..number 1 lesson..greed is what makes one fall victim..i must tell you the truth..be actually bought it to use and let him even tell us the original amount he bought it for..that laptop in lagos is either 45k or 50k or last 55k..am a pure computer village boy..i know

You're so wrong, the name of the laptop is Hp 4530s.... You can go and do your findings
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by cristianisraeli: 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ogaezy:

You're so wrong, the name of the laptop is Hp 4530s.... You can go and do your findings

how much did you buy it?

new one is 90k
Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Marshalxv(m): 10:30pm On Oct 16, 2017
Man up my guy and shake off that fear of being handled by soldiers cuz that guy is not a soldier, he just used that to scare u from making a y effort to get ur money or laptop .

Take the case to the nearest police station and give them all the details including d guy's number they'll be able to trace him .

The military too will also be interested in the case if u can take it to the barracks or right channel

1 Like

Re: How I Was Duped With Fake Naira Currency by Ogaezy(m): 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2017
cristianisraeli:

how much did you buy it?

new one is 90k

Bought it at 60k wanted to sell at 75k, 320hdd nd 4gb ram.... Is there anything wrong or greedy in that?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Words People Who Lack Confidence Always Use / Melinda Gates Is Now A Billionaire, After A Stock Transfer From Her Ex Husband / Folorunsho Alakija Adds To The Beautiful Skyline Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.