Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" (16582 Views)

Omotunde Adebowale-David Car Accident In Pictures / Omotunde Adebowale-David Lolo1’s Mother Remarries At 56 (Photos, Video) / Omotunde Adebowale David With Her Children In Adorable Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2017
after listening to my current trending song over 40 times dis weekend, i con ask what is he talking about self. Tekno GO
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by talljennie(f): 12:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
Lol. In Naija, "Beats" seems to have more prominence than "Lyrics".

1 Like

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Koolking(m): 12:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Aside Asa, I don't know any other Nigerian new age musician

We are on the same page. Asa is world class others are noise makers who live fat on the docility of Nigerians. The so call A+ are the worst

1 Like

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by kyaagbanairaland(m): 12:29pm On Oct 17, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Aside Asa, I don't know any other Nigerian new age musician
Let me help you
2face
Simi
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by GreenVILLETiPS: 12:30pm On Oct 17, 2017
She's saying her mind.

meanwhile, CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!!

MAKE A MINIMUM OF #3,000 EVERYDAY.

Follow this page and join the whatsapp group link:

https://www.nairaland.com/4120041/greenville-lounge-sure-daily-2#61483048
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by EHIRIMCHA(m): 12:31pm On Oct 17, 2017
josemarie22:
Don't have doubts again. Win like others do
call d n0 ond pix
another scam spotted.that was how someone came here on Saturday that he has d fixed scores of Liverpool vs man u match.how can that match b fixed.lazy niggas everywhere

1 Like

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by eitsei(m): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2017
Papiikush:

Timi dakolo
Dare art alade
Kobams
BEZ
Aramide

Just to mention a few.
add Brymo to the list

1 Like

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by MetalJigsaw(m): 12:33pm On Oct 17, 2017
philip0906:
Bullocks!

Music is simply defined as vocal or instrumental sounds or both, combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony or emotion.In simple terms, anything that sounds good to the ear.
Music is not just about lyrics but also sound and it is universal. If music were about lyrics alone, how would a world of different languages connect? Reason why Davido, Wizkid and co have fans from around the globe-including French speaking countries, portugese speaking countries. They would shut down any show in any of these countries where they have fans.
Some years back, Gangnam Style by the south Korean Pop star Psy, took the world by storm. Till date, it is one of the most watched songs on youtube. MAny people from around the world did not understand jack of what he was saying, but vibed to the beat-which is what music is all about.

you're wrong man. A good song is not all about the sound, its also about its content /message.
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2017
Rokia2:
Damn fact!!
Rokia, a muslim name. Are u one?
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by victrick105: 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2017
philip0906:
Bullocks!

Music is simply defined as vocal or instrumental sounds or both, combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony or emotion.In simple terms, anything that sounds good to the ear.
Music is not just about lyrics but also sound and it is universal. If music were about lyrics alone, how would a world of different languages connect? Reason why Davido, Wizkid and co have fans from around the globe-including French speaking countries, portugese speaking countries. They would shut down any show in any of these countries where they have fans.
Some years back, Gangnam Style by the south Korean Pop star Psy, took the world by storm. Till date, it is one of the most watched songs on youtube. MAny people from around the world did not understand jack of what he was saying, but vibed to the beat-which is what music is all about.

since music is all about sound as you said, tell me why no nigerian musician has risen to the height of winning at least one grammy award....or do you think to win such an award involves only the best of sounds, they check out your lyrics and the ryhmes, and the rythme of your songs, they don't just give such a prestigious award to one clown who wakes up one morning, goes into the studio, and starts screaming down the roof....if music is only based on sound and beat as you say, then the likes of jayz, beyonce and rihanna won't see our musicians back.
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by blingxx(m): 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
Papiikush:

Timi dakolo
Dare art alade
Kobams
BEZ
Aramide

Just to mention a few.

Small doctor grin

1 Like

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by blingxx(m): 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
Papiikush:

Timi dakolo
Dare art alade
Kobams
BEZ
Aramide

Just to mention a few.

Small doctor nko grin
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by fyneguy: 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
Blame the listening audience.

If you ignore trash, they will stop producing such.

You keep hailing them at shows and parties, and you are complaining.

''You ain''t seen nahin yet'' sad sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by blingxx(m): 12:38pm On Oct 17, 2017
kyaagbanairaland:
Let me help you
2face
Simi

Adekunke gold too dey try... Sound sultan tried but the guy no blow grin

1 Like

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Geetemmy: 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
She is on point except for a few like Jesse Jagz, Asa and Brymo.
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by blingxx(m): 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2017
lenghtinny:
Wizkid dey scream baby from beginning to the end yet he is the biggest African music export to the world.
Davido get voice wey dey frog jump yet he has the biggest song in Africa this year.
That shows you its not a Nigerian thing but an African thing. Besides music is not all about passing messages always, it depends on the mood of whoever is behind the microphone.

Dude if fela was still alive do you think all this noise makers will exist...
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2017
grandstar:
She's so funny! grin grin grin grin grin

A hit song is what counts not whether it makes any meaning.

Many Americans and British songs have no meaning as well. Look at "Don't look back in Anger". Has no meaning to me yet it was Number 1 for weeks in the U.K

Even when they have meaning, the meaning is unimportant.

Lmao @ "the meaning is unimportant", not a nice thing to say though.
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Nobody: 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2017
Yea I concur,I just started a review YouTube blog and it's quite sad every naija song I review I make negative remarks about it and people think I'm being inconsiderate.
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by ivolt: 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2017
philip0906:
Bullocks!

There is a reason why Michael Jackson songs are still rated very high by music critics,
even kids unborn will still love his music.
Same can't be said of gangnam style which has fade away.

Good music isn't just about entertainment.

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by safarigirl(f): 12:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
OboOlora:

Please add Brymo and Black Magic
even Simi and Adekunle Gold, Nonso Amadi, Ric Hassani, Wake, Niniola....we actually have a decent size of reasonable artistes, most Nigerians make such comments as Lolo's out of ignorance
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by ivolt: 12:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
philip0906:
Bullocks!

There is a reason why Michael Jackson songs are still rated very high by music critics,
even kids unborn will still love his music.
Same can't be said of gangnam style which has faded away.

Good music isn't just about entertainment.

1 Like

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by FrankGiel: 12:46pm On Oct 17, 2017
lenghtinny:
Wizkid dey scream baby from beginning to the end yet he is the biggest African music export to the world.
Davido get voice wey dey frog jump yet he has the biggest song in Africa this year.
That shows you its not a Nigerian thing but an African thing. Besides music is not all about passing messages always, it depends on the mood of whoever is behind the microphone.
Its not just African, its now a global thing.

1 Like

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by safarigirl(f): 12:50pm On Oct 17, 2017
victrick105:

since music is all about sound as you said, tell me why no nigerian musician has risen to the height of winning at least one grammy award....or do you think to win such an award involves only the best of sounds, they check out your lyrics and the ryhmes, and the rythme of your songs, they don't just give such a prestigious award to one clown who wakes up one morning, goes into the studio, and starts screaming down the roof....if music is only based on sound and beat as you say, then the likes of jayz, beyonce and rihanna won't see our musicians back.
why do black people base their worth on approval by white people?

The sooner yoi emancipate yourself from mental slavery, the better for you. They win AFRIMMA and MOBO awards, even Soul Train and BET....A Grammy is only meaningful to a few misled souls. Even the great Fela did not win a Grammy, is it because he was not good enough?

Bros abeg talk another thing.

2 Likes

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Orobo2Lekpa: 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
Tell me the meaning of Rhumba Stylee or gimme likkle sugar fi me tea by Ras Kimono
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by nnaeyes6: 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
EYESMATE FURNITURE on point in Lagos call me for making ur home and palace. Kitchen cabinets, wardrobes, sofa etc. 08065079608

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by KAYD007(m): 12:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
Listen to Jazz mostly, and some old 80's 90's slow jams fused with inspirational lyrics.
At ma age i can't fit be screaming baby baby and some nonsensical lyrics that makes one look like a village fool. angry

1 Like

Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by JikanBaura(m): 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2017
undecided You mean English Pidgin songs grin. How many Nigerians singers sang in English language you understand tO have said 97% of Nigerians songs doesn't make sense. Or is north hausa singers not part of Nigeria grin

In North 80 of our singers makes lyrical songs. Just say 97%percent of igbo, YORUBA songs pidgin songs dont makes sense grin for me the only singers in North who makes no or little sense are YNS tongue
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Rozaytee: 1:02pm On Oct 17, 2017
naija rappers be like--"do do do.. lodo meta is a metaphor if Paso commit fornication Na pasonification gram!!!!!!!"...... grin
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by sekem: 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2017
You say 97

Me, I say 99.9

Total rubbish

The worst is even the musical videos they churn out where they are practically celebrating nudity and sexual objectification of women
Re: Omotunde Adebowale David: "97% Of Nigerian Songs Of Nowadays Have No Meaning" by Adebowale89(m): 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2017
and someone was abusing me for having old music on my phone

is it enu o se, ariwo koni music oo i go dey hear or telle person

they're all singing crabs. I just finished listening to "fly" by 2face and it gives me a deep thought in the change of life

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wizkid And Tiwa Savage Perform Together At The Wizkid Concert (Video) / Is Korede Bello Really Gay? / Ghana Actor, Eddy Nartey Stabbed By His Nigerian Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.