Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? (4313 Views)

Have You Ever Abandoned God When He Answered Your Prayers? / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? / 10 Most Confused Statements In The Bible That Will Make You Doubt Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by umarshek6(m): 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:
DID JESUS FORGET THAT HE WAS GOD WHEN HE MADE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS IN THE BIBLE ?
(1) Mark 12 v 29 : The Lord our God is only one God.
(2) John 20 v 17 : I am ascending onto my father and your father, onto my God and your God.
(3) Mark 15 v 34 : My God My God, why has thou forsaken me ?
(4) John 5 v 30 : I Jesus can do nothing of myself
(5) John 14 v 28 : My father is greater than I
(6) John 12 v 49 : I have not spoken of myself, the father who sent me gave me the commandments of what I should say and spoke onto you. (7) Mark 13 v 32 : Of that Day and that Hour, no one knows, not even the Son, nor the Angels in heaven but only the father
(cool John 17 v 3 : This is life eternal that they know you the only true God and Jesus whom you have sent
(9) Matthew 23 v 9 : Do not call any one your father here on earth for only God in heaven is your father.
(10) Luke 4 v 7-8 : Get away Satan for it is written trou shall worship the Lord thy God, and only him shall thou serve.
COMMENT ; I quoted these few biblical verses from the sayings of the Holy Man of God whom the Christians called their God. This is the very Man the bible called the Prophet of God in Luke 24 v 19, Luke 7 v 16, Luke 13 v 33, Matthew 21 v 46, Matthew 21 v 10-11, John 9 v 17, and Mark 6 v 4. This was the very Jesus the bible says he ate and drank in Matthew 11 v 19, Luke 24 v 41-43, John 19 v 28. This was the very Jesus the bible says he slept in Matthew 8 v 24, This was the very Man the bible says he worshipped God, prayed to him and even cried seeking his assistance in Matthew 26 v 39, Hebrews 5 v 7. Finally, this was the very Man the Christians generally believed that he was helplessly killed by the Jews and Roman Soldiers in Israel,. How then can such a being be the Almighty God that created the universe ? It is not only untenable to call Jesus God but it is theological confusion to even think that Jesus is God. (Jesus) that was born by a Woman (Mary) , who depended on the factors of growth and reproduction. This was the very Man that the Bible says in Luke 2 v 21 that he was circumcised in his foreskin (genital) when he was eight days old.Now how can we call him God. Waiting for objections, corrections and comments.
he probably did

Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by umarshek6(m): 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
zionmade1:

Bros if u want us to address all these senseless issues u re bringing up create a special thread on a sunday wen i will have time.
And u will promise that since u are quoting from bible that anything i also raise from the bible will be accepted as truth even though u dont believe it.

Last time i dealt with one of u the guy ended of shouting corrupted corrupted, the same bible he was the one that started quoting
na kai ma Saarra alaji zionmade1
Allah ya taimake allaji zionmade1

Irin tooottaly
Badt guy thor

Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by lightinchrist4: 2:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:
DID JESUS FORGET THAT HE WAS GOD WHEN HE MADE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS IN THE BIBLE ?
(2) John 20 v 17 : I am ascending onto my father and your father, onto my God and your God.
(6) John 12 v 49 : I have not spoken of myself, the father who sent me gave me the commandments of what I should say and spoke onto you. (7) Mark 13 v 32 : Of that Day and that Hour, no one knows, not even the Son, nor the Angels in heaven but only the father
(cool John 17 v 3 : This is life eternal that they know you the only true God and Jesus whom you have sent
(9) Matthew 23 v 9 : Do not call any one your father here on earth for only God in heaven is your father.
(10) Luke 4 v 7-8 : Get away Satan for it is written trou shall worship the Lord thy God, and only him shall thou serve.
COMMENT ; I quoted these few biblical verses from the sayings of the Holy Man of God whom the Christians called their God. This is the very Man the bible called the Prophet of God in Luke 24 v 19, Luke 7 v 16, Luke 13 v 33, Matthew 21 v 46, Matthew 21 v 10-11, John 9 v 17, and Mark 6 v 4. This was the very Jesus the bible says he ate and drank in Matthew 11 v 19, Luke 24 v 41-43, John 19 v 28. This was the very Jesus the bible says he slept in Matthew 8 v 24, This was the very Man the bible says he worshipped God, prayed to him and even cried seeking his assistance in Matthew 26 v 39, Hebrews 5 v 7. Finally, this was the very Man the Christians generally believed that he was helplessly killed by the Jews and Roman Soldiers in Israel,. How then can such a being be the Almighty God that created the universe ? It is not only untenable to call Jesus God but it is theological confusion to even think that Jesus is God. (Jesus) that was born by a Woman (Mary) , who depended on the factors of growth and reproduction. This was the very Man that the Bible says in Luke 2 v 21 that he was circumcised in his foreskin (genital) when he was eight days old.Now how can we call him God. Waiting for objections, corrections and comments.

Firstly, God the father, God the son and God the Holy Ghost are one.

Secondly, Jesus came into this world in human form to die for our sins. He is God too, but humility and love has it that he did all that he did so that we can have eternal life.
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by Ken4Christ: 10:09pm On Oct 19, 2017
NASTYNASOSO:

He did not forget he is God. He only let us know that he was also human. He humbled himself and took up our human nature so he could redeem us. So, while on earth, he was perfectly human but he didn't forget who he is also as per his divine nature.
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by OtemAtum: 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2017
Jesuschrist419:
it's so illogical that Nigerians abandon their grandparents god's to worship a foreign Jewish man? I noticed that no black man was mentioned in the bible grin
the bible is the word of a god, not the word of GOD, that's why you can't see the names of every tribe of the world there. The DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH is the record book of all events of the world from billions of years till date.
https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by Jesuschrist419: 10:48pm On Oct 19, 2017
OtemAtum:
the bible is the word of a god, not the word of GOD, that's why you can't see the names of every tribe of the world there. The DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH is the record book of all events of the world from billions of years till date.
https://www.nairaland.com/2938907/doctrine-ufos
I know you already Mr otem cheesy
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by OtemAtum: 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
Jesuschrist419:
I know you already Mr otem cheesy
why did you choose Jesuschrist419 as your username?
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by Jesuschrist419: 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2017
OtemAtum:
why did you choose Jesuschrist419 as your username?
because Jesus Christ defrauded me
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by OtemAtum: 11:06pm On Oct 19, 2017
Jesuschrist419:
because Jesus Christ defrauded me

This is funny. Anyway, Jesus Christ is not actually a real figure but a tool of deception, invented from the history of Zeusus Krista the deceiver of humanity.
See what Cuenca said when he discovered he was being scammed all the while.
Doctufos:
Lishius 16: 15-16
15. and cuenca said, if this Krista whom they profess is more of a tool of deception than of truth, why then did he have to die at all?
16. For the deception in the name of this supposed son of god is already more than the truth.
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by iamgenius(m): 6:59am On Oct 20, 2017
lightinchrist4:

Firstly, do you believe in God the father, God the son and God the Holyghost, the three are one.

2. Jesus said came to the world as man to fulfill the commandments of God the father. He is God too, but humility and love has it that he did all he did for our skae dying for the redemption of our sins back to the love of God.
Bro,that is not humility they call it FORCING TO DO SOMETHING AGAINST ONE'S OWN WILL, you never read where Jesus said on the cross : My God, My God why have you forsaken me... This shows that the movie was not planned by Jesus and god before or god betrayed Jesus not telling him what he was sent to do on earth.
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by enilove(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2017
iamgenius:
Bro,that is not humility they call it FORCING TO DO SOMETHING AGAINST ONE'S OWN WILL, you never read where Jesus said on the cross : My God, My God why have you forsaken me... This shows that the movie was not planned by Jesus and god before or god betrayed Jesus not telling him what he was sent to do on earth.

You now believe JESUS DIED ON THE CROSS Whether by force or humility , it doesn't matter.
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by umarshek6(m): 8:01am On Oct 20, 2017
enilove:

You now believe JESUS DIED ON THE CROSS Whether by force or humility , it doesn't matter.

baba é si ni ésin yin ko kin shë tipátipá

Olúwaa yin si paa Jèsu kristi yin tipátipá, ni sin shé èti waa ri pè wön ti yan yi Jê bayi

éni ah wi fun ôba jé ki wôn gbó
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by Danielalhassan66(m): 8:21am On Oct 20, 2017
undecided upon all the sense way i buy for u e done finish and u no come tell me why u mumu like this nah bro
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by iamgenius(m): 10:07am On Oct 20, 2017
enilove:

No I don't believe in the cross matter at all. Shame on you, Christians only want people to believe in the cross matter whether it make sense or not. Even if we say it's by force does it make sense to you hypocrite? Even thiugh there are many contradictory verses in the Bible about the cross matter, Christians will still tell us it doesn't matter whether he was nailed in whatever hour.
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by lightinchrist4: 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2017
iamgenius:

Jesus did it all because he had to fulfill the will of God the father in human form. I am sure if you were the one that carried the cross for not up to one minute you would have fainted.
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by NASTYNASOSO: 10:49pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ken4Christ:

He did not forget he is God. He only let us know that he was also human. He humbled himself and took up our human nature so he could redeem us. So, while on earth, he was perfectly human but he didn't forget who he is also as per his divine nature.

HMMMMMMM

SO ACTUALLY IF HE WAS GOD THEN WHO IS THE MOST HIGH IN THE ABOVE HEAVENS AND WHY IS HE ALWAYS REFERRING TO HIM.
PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME HE IS THE SAME PERSON AS THE ONE IN HEAVEN.
PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME THAT GOD GOES TO THE TOILET.
PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME THAT GOD SLEEPS.
PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME THAT GOD EATS FOOD.
PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME THAT GOD STUDIED UNDER THE JEWISH RABBIS
PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME THAT SOMEBODY FLOGGED AND CRUCIFIED GOD ON THE CROSS.
SO IF YOU STILL INSIST HE IS THE SAME PERSON
TELL ME WHILST HE WAS HERE WHOM WAS IT THAT WAS TAKING CARE OF THE AFFAIRS OF THE UNIVERSE.
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by iamgenius(m): 6:19am On Oct 21, 2017
lightinchrist4:

Do you think Jesus didnit have power at that moment to save himself and go into heaven, but all those happened because he had to fulfill the will of God the father in human flesh form. I bet if na you carry that cross not upto one minute you for don faint.
If you have power to do something, you'll still call other people to do it for you abi?
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by Las007: 7:29am On Oct 21, 2017
paxonel:

if you care to know this is how we understand it.
john 1:10.....AND THE WORLD KNEW HIM NOT
That simply means people around him did not know who he was, they did not know that he was God, they thought he was just a mere prophet, so they were convinced in their heart that he was not God just like the state you are now.
Now, assuming you owns a house where people who occupies were fully convinced that you are not their landlord and someday you visited the house because some of the tenants refuse to pay their rentage, will it be sensible for you to start arguing with them to convince them that you are their landlord at first?
if all you hear from them is, you are the caretaker and not the landlord, will it not sensible for you to assume with them of their position on your true identity, knowing that what you are interested in, is to get your money from them, that arguing about your true identity at first is not worth the time to waste?
that is what Jesus did by making all those statements you just quoted.
Assumptions.
think to understand if you are willing to
..This your analogy got me laughing and rolling on the floor. grin. My friend deal with the real issues. undecided

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by Las007: 7:34am On Oct 21, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
DID HE SAY THAT JESUS IS NOT GOD...WHAT WILL YOU CALL A SON OF A LION?
..What will I call you as a son of your father? Your father? kiss
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:57am On Oct 21, 2017
Las007:
..What will I call you as a son of your father? Your father? kiss
AN OFFSPRING OF A MAN IS MAN...EVERYTHING REPRODUCE OF THEIR KIND..A LION CANNOT FATHER A RHINO..MAN CANNOT FATHER A GOAT ETC... AS FOR ME, I AM AN OFFSPRING OF CHRIST JESUS THE SON OF GOD..
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by Las007: 9:51am On Oct 21, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
AN OFFSPRING OF A MAN IS MAN...EVERYTHING REPRODUCE OF THEIR KIND..A LION CANNOT FATHER A RHINO..MAN CANNOT FATHER A GOAT ETC... AS FOR ME, I AM AN OFFSPRING OF CHRIST JESUS THE SON OF GOD..
..If Jesus is the son of God as U claimed is God and U are the son of Christ Jesus then U are God too. So many God shocked
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by enilove(m): 11:00am On Oct 21, 2017
umarshek6:
baba é si ni ésin yin ko kin shë tipátipá

Olúwaa yin si paa Jèsu kristi yin tipátipá, ni sin shé èti waa ri pè wön ti yan yi Jê bayi

éni ah wi fun ôba jé ki wôn gbó

Meaningless post as usual.
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by enilove(m): 11:45am On Oct 21, 2017
iamgenius:

No I don't believe in the cross matter at all. Shame on you, Christians only want people to believe in the cross matter whether it make sense or not. Even if we say it's by force does it make sense to you hypocrite? Even thiugh there are many contradictory verses in the Bible about the cross matter, Christians will still tell us it doesn't matter whether he was nailed in whatever hour.

Shame is not mine , and I am not a hypocrite.

There is no need to be abusive. Let us discuss like someone educated and who wish to learn from this thread.

If you dont believe that Jesus died on the cross , why did you say he was forced by God or deceived by God to die on the cross You also quoted that Jesus said " My Father why has thou forsaking me". This means you accepted he died on the cross because you quoted his word on the cross. Was that word from an impostor of Jesus as claimed by your allah?

No christian is forcing anyone to accept the death of Jesus on the cross. It is what we believe and we stand by it.
It is WORLD FACT that Islam is the only religion that uses FORCE on people to accept Islam. You read about Caliphs like Abu bakr , Uthman ,Ali etc. What was there mode of spreading Islam ? Was it not by force. Evidence:

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 68:

Narrated 'Aisha:

When Allah's Apostle returned on the day (of the battle) of Al-Khandaq (i.e. Trench), he put down his arms and took a bath. Then Gabriel whose head was covered with dust, came to him saying, "You have put down your arms! By Allah, I have not put down my arms yet." Allah's Apostle said, "Where (to go now)?" Gabriel said, "This way," pointing towards the tribe of Bani Quraiza. So Allah's Apostle went out towards them .

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 448:

Narrated 'Aisha:

Sad was wounded on the day of Khandaq (i.e. Trench) when a man from Quraish, called Hibban bin Al-'Araqa hit him (with an arrow). The man was Hibban bin Qais from (the tribe of) Bani Mais bin 'Amir bin Lu'ai who shot an arrow at Sad's medial arm vein (or main artery of the arm). The Prophet pitched a tent (for Sad) in the Mosque so that he might be near to the Prophet to visit. When the Prophet returned from the (battle) of Al-Khandaq (i.e. Trench) and laid down his arms and took a bath Gabriel came to him while he (i.e. Gabriel) was shaking the dust off his head, and said, "You have laid down the arms?" By Allah, I have not laid them down. Go out to them (to attack them)." The Prophet said, "Where?" Gabriel pointed towards Bani Quraiza. So Allah's Apostle went to them (i.e. Banu Quraiza) (i.e. besieged them). They then surrendered to the Prophet's judgment but he directed them to Sad to give his verdict concerning them. Sad said, "I give my judgment that their warriors should be killed, their women and children should be taken as captives, and their properties distributed."

You religion till today is still forcing people to accept Islam. Historically ,it started like that and still continued , just like the Boko haram and the Isis. But you muslims are so deceitful and would deny concrete evidences. The nairaland vow of oath to Islamic section is another evidence.

Who then is an hypocrite ?
Between Jesus Christ and Muhammed , who should one be ashamed of?
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by iamgenius(m): 2:49pm On Oct 21, 2017
enilove:

Shame is not mine , and I am not a hypocrite.

There is no need to be abusive. Let us discuss like someone educated and who wish to learn from this thread.

If you dont believe that Jesus died on the cross , why did you say he was forced by God or deceived by God to die on the cross You also quoted that Jesus said " My Father why has thou forsaking me". This means you accepted he died on the cross because you quoted his word on the cross. Was that word from an impostor of Jesus as claimed by your allah?

No christian is forcing anyone to accept the death of Jesus on the cross. It is what we believe and we stand by it.
It is WORLD FACT that Islam is the only religion that uses FORCE on people to accept Islam. You read about Caliphs like Abu bakr , Uthman ,Ali etc. What was there mode of spreading Islam ? Was it not by force. Evidence:

Volume 4, Book 52, Number 68:

Narrated 'Aisha:

When Allah's Apostle returned on the day (of the battle) of Al-Khandaq (i.e. Trench), he put down his arms and took a bath. Then Gabriel whose head was covered with dust, came to him saying, "You have put down your arms! By Allah, I have not put down my arms yet." Allah's Apostle said, "Where (to go now)?" Gabriel said, "This way," pointing towards the tribe of Bani Quraiza. So Allah's Apostle went out towards them .

Volume 5, Book 59, Number 448:

Narrated 'Aisha:

Sad was wounded on the day of Khandaq (i.e. Trench) when a man from Quraish, called Hibban bin Al-'Araqa hit him (with an arrow). The man was Hibban bin Qais from (the tribe of) Bani Mais bin 'Amir bin Lu'ai who shot an arrow at Sad's medial arm vein (or main artery of the arm). The Prophet pitched a tent (for Sad) in the Mosque so that he might be near to the Prophet to visit. When the Prophet returned from the (battle) of Al-Khandaq (i.e. Trench) and laid down his arms and took a bath Gabriel came to him while he (i.e. Gabriel) was shaking the dust off his head, and said, "You have laid down the arms?" By Allah, I have not laid them down. Go out to them (to attack them)." The Prophet said, "Where?" Gabriel pointed towards Bani Quraiza. So Allah's Apostle went to them (i.e. Banu Quraiza) (i.e. besieged them). They then surrendered to the Prophet's judgment but he directed them to Sad to give his verdict concerning them. Sad said, "I give my judgment that their warriors should be killed, their women and children should be taken as captives, and their properties distributed."

You religion till today is still forcing people to accept Islam. Historically ,it started like that and still continued , just like the Boko haram and the Isis. But you muslims are so deceitful and would deny concrete evidences. The nairaland vow of oath to Islamic section is another evidence.

Who then is an hypocrite ?
Between Jesus Christ and Muhammed , who should one be ashamed of?

What are you saying gaan? We Muslims don't insult Jesus, (peace be upon him)
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Oct 03, 2023
NASTYNASOSO:
I have one simple question for you, assuming this is not a Muslim-Christian useless back and forth which I am not at all interested in. Why is the Almighty Creator of the Universe, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob — not to be confused with the Allah of the Muslims who is an entirely different entity — not allowed to have a human experience of any kind? Who made a Law against God having such an experience, even if in a reduced form that is human form? undecided
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
zionmade1:

Bros if u want us to address all these senseless issues u re bringing up create a special thread on a sunday wen i will have time.
And u will promise that since u are quoting from bible that anything i also raise from the bible will be accepted as truth even though u dont believe it.

Last time i dealt with one of u the guy ended of shouting corrupted corrupted, the same bible he was the one that started quoting

do you mean there are passages to contradict these ones?

i am confused....

i might need some explanation...
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by 22jumpstreet1(m): 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2023
enilove:

You are right , it is theoretically and theologically confusing to think that Jesus is God. But spiritually it is not confusing .

Satan tempted Jesus in the spirit and said :

Matthew 4:6 KJV
And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

You are a son to your father , does that mean you are not subjected to your father? No. As a son ,you bear the saw name of your father , would it not be wrong for anyone to say you are not Lasisi , if that is your father's name?

Why is it that madness is inheritable? because that spirit of madness is in the blood. The spirit in the Lord Jesus was that of God. He had human flesh but spirit of God. If a demon entered into a pregnant woman, she will give birth to demonic child. If the Spirit of God entered into a woman, she will bear Godly child.

He must worship his Father Almighty God, but you and I must worship God through him . He reconcilled us back to God theough his death.

You are picking verses that suits your point. Lets take everything in totality. You will understand

who was there when this temptation was taking place?
Re: Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible? by RepoMan007: 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2023
NASTYNASOSO:
research the meaning of God and be cured

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Stolen Money Be Accepted By God, As Tithe And Offering / Why Are There So Many Denominations In Religions Especially Christianity ? / My Problem With Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.