Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

How Long Should Couples Court Before Getting Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should Couples Court Before Getting Married? (1522 Views)

How Often Should Couples Have S£x? / How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / How Long Should An Ideal Steady Relationship Last Before Marriage?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Long Should Couples Court Before Getting Married? by bishoprccg(m): 3:53pm On Mar 12, 2010
This question became a subject of debate in 2001 when a brother who had dated a sister for 7 years finally called it quit with the relationship.
In essence, the courtship lasted for 7 good years.
The reason behind the dissolution of the courtship, was that they were both not compatible.
The church rose up violently against the decision of the brother for his action.
To make matter worst, the brother after breaking with the first sister, immediately started another relationship with another sister who was a member in the same church.
To add salt to injury, both sisters belonged to the same organization in the church.
The question on everyone lips was: why did they have to endure 7 long years of courtship, only to end up on the opposite sides.
Some school of thought suggest 2 years, others suggest 1 year, while some say 3 years is okay.
Can an individual know is partner fully even if they court for 10 years?
What then is the ideal duration for courtship?
As for me, i courted my present life for about 1.5years.
I definitely know there are advantage and disadvantage for lengthy courtship and also for short courtship.
Some give excuse for courting for so long, like: lack of sufficient fund, No job, need to know each other better,
So my fellow forumites, what is the ideal duration for partners in courtship?

www.grelohi.com
Re: How Long Should Couples Court Before Getting Married? by ddiamond(f): 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2010
courting for years didnt make us to knowourselves better only get familiar more and more, all we have to understand

is we are not perfect. but i think at least one year is ok if they are really matured abd ready to settle down as soon as

possible.
Re: How Long Should Couples Court Before Getting Married? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 12, 2010
No less or more than two years smiley

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Prepare For This Event? / 10 Tips For Dating Younger Women / 6 Weird Things About Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.