Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? (43941 Views)

10 Kinds Of Guys That Find It Difficult To Approach/Woo A Lady / 10 Hilarious Cliches Nigerian Men Often Use To Woo A Lady- By Tosyne2much / The Way British, Americans And Nigerians Woo A Girl (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Raiders: 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
I met this beautiful girl last year on a public bus and she decided to give me her number. She is 22 years and a final year student of a major university. We have been texting and calling back and forth for the past 2 months and she told me she is single. I have been trying to woo her to be my girlfriend for over 2 months but she insist on us just been friends and she don't want a relationship.

I really like this girl and would love to date. but I feel like maybe she don't want to date me so yesterday I told her we should end our friendship because if she feels that am not good enough to date her then we shouldnt remain friends. I really don't want to waste another month trying to win her heart and later find out that she end up with another guy.

My last 2 previous relationships too me less than 2 weeks to woo my previous girlfriends so I am kinda surprise that after 2 months of trying to win her over she still insist on not dating me. At first, I thought maybe she was playing hard to get but I think 2 months is long enough.

My questions to nairalanders is how long should a guy try to woo a girl before giving up and moving on?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Allureoftheseas(m): 5:23pm On Feb 27, 2015
don't woo bitches

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by assu2013(m): 5:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
How much u love her shall be d defining time

14 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 27, 2015
1 hour (max)

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Truckpusher(m): 5:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
1 hour (max)
You go lose trophies well well. cheesy

11 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by kendrick9(m): 5:29pm On Feb 27, 2015
if u show her the money then u probably won't need to wait too long..
Money talks, bro

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
You go lose trophies well well. cheesy
bros eh! I'm used to it.....me go just lock-up if no green light after 1 hour (no time)

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Raiders: 5:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
kendrick9:
if u show her the money then u probably won't need to wait too long..
Money talks, bro
I know but I don't want to buy any girls love with money. It means she is in love with my money and not me. I want real love from her and not a girl that would leave me when I go broke or face financial problem

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
OP as long as the feelings stays....I'v got a nigga who's bn hanging on for me for the past 4yrs now and I'm still not convinced about him buh he's still crushing despite the distance....so its up to you.

....If you feel she's worth the time and stressstill stand strong,buh if she's not worth it just check elsewhere jare.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Mavor: 5:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
If she's a good girl and worth it, then don't rush the issue. However make your intentions know to her early enough so she doesn't friend-zone you. Women usually need time to settle on the choice of a partner. You are used to sharp-sharp wooing in the past. Not all ladies accept that kind of approach.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Raiders: 5:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
Moderators: farano, Rocktation, Ishilove. Please move this post to the front page so I can get more response.
Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Mavor: 5:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
christinauju:
OP as long as the feelings stays....I'v got a nigga who's bn hanging on for me for the past 4yrs now and I'm still not convinced about him buh he's still crushing despite the distance....so its up to you.

....If you feel she's worth the time and stressstill stand strong,buh if she's not worth it just check elsewhere jare.
4 years ke??!! Both of una no serious. No offense meant.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Enegod(m): 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
I never woo any woman for any length of time. If I find one interesting, I let her know that I find her interesting. She then gets one chance to respond suitably from there. If she does respond suitably, something may develope. If she does not respond in a suitable way, I move on to the next.

Life is too short to waste any of it trying to go where you aren't wanted. If you have to woo a woman for so long, it just means that she is not interested in you,
and you are too dense to realize it.. angry

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by kendrick9(m): 5:42pm On Feb 27, 2015
Raiders:
I know but I don't want to buy any girls love with money. It means she is in love with my money and not me. I want real love from her and not a girl that would leave me when I go broke or face financial problem
man,if u really looking for true love then u go wait tire... most nigerian girls aren't loyal... they will dump u at the first opportunity if they see another richer dude..
better shine ur eye.

8 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by dechandel(f): 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2015
christinauju:

Jesus.. Four wetin Do you wanna say yes to him the day you clock menopausal age??

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 27, 2015
Mavor:
4 years ke??!! Both of una no serious. No offense meant.

Nah not offended at all..... He's actually my best friend and I'm scared of loosing my bestfriend,cos we v to drop some things and start up some things if we should date... buh he doesn't want to understand that part.

5 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by LewisO: 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
Just twice. if she's feeling too inferior i will let her know i don't gives a damn about her.

*No Time*

3 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Raiders: 5:46pm On Feb 27, 2015
Enegod:
I never woo any woman for any length of time. If I find one interesting, I let her know that I find her interesting. She then gets one chance to respond suitably from there. If she does respond suitably, something may develope. If she does not respond in a suitable way, I move on to the next.

Life is too short to waste any of it trying to go where you aren't wanted. If you have to woo a woman for so long, it just means that she is not interested in you,
and you are too dense to realize it.. angry
I agree with you that 2 months is a long time to woo a girl. This is why I decided to end our friendship and told her to stop calling and texting her. I think it takes a girl less than a day to decide if they would date a guy or not but some girls just like playing hard to get.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 27, 2015
What is with the sense of entitlement y'all keep showing? Because you guys are friends automatically gives you a 5- star entry into her life.

What if you are really not good enough for her? When did it become a moral sin or crime not to date someone because the person is simply not good enough

She has her own aspirations, dreams and likes, if she thinks you do not fit into any , zoom off and let her be.

Have you also failed to consider the fact that maybe she doesn't like you in that manner. You can't threaten someone to like you, it is either she does or she doesn't. Don't sweat it

And You write as if you haven't ignored many women out there who have stylishly showed interest but you ignore them because they are not good enough for you.

You cannot have it both ways

Her response was in good faith. If you look take it is as such and if you don't na your wahala be that

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Gboyeboy(m): 6:00pm On Feb 27, 2015
christinauju:

Why would I woo a chic for 4years? angry
If one door closes, another will open. So why should I waste my time banging on a closed door and won't notice when another would open.

9 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
Gboyeboy:

Why would I woo a chic for 4years? angry
If one door closes, another will open. So why should I waste my time banging on a closed door and won't notice when another would open.
...N if the other closes,the window is also opened...Lol

True tho.... He has his reasons sha...infact OP toast the lady for 1month if she still no gree just leav her jare n come for my kid sis(she's just 15 tho#lol

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 27, 2015
Raiders:
I met this beautiful girl last year on a public bus and she decided to give me her number. She is 22 years and a final year student of a major university. We have been texting and calling back and forth for the past 2 months and she told me she is single. I have been trying to woo her to be my girlfriend for over 2 months but she insist on us just been friends and she don't want a relationship.

I really like this girl and would love to date. but I feel like maybe she don't want to date me so yesterday I told her we should end our friendship because if she feels that am not good enough to date her then we shouldnt remain friends. I really don't want to waste another month trying to win her heart and later find out that she end up with another guy.

My last 2 previous relationships too me less than 2 weeks to woo my previous girlfriends so I am kinda surprise that after 2 months of trying to win her over she still insist on not dating me. At first, I thought maybe she was playing hard to get but I think 2 months is long enough.

My questions to nairalanders is how long should a guy try to woo a girl before giving up and moving on?

If that is what she wants, then maintain d friendship without attaching any feelings to it.

OP go and make money, she will chase u like horse.

5 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
Op mail me her number, i need to talk sense into here head. Hope she is sexy enough?

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 27, 2015
wristwatch:

If that is what she wants, then maintain d friendship without attaching any feelings to it.

OP go and make money, she will chase u like horse.
and when you get her, the first Romp should be horse-style cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by elantraceey(f): 6:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
LewisO:
Just twice. if she's feeling too inferior i will let her know i don't gives a damn about her.

And that's someone you'll claim to love

2 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Enegod(m): 6:19pm On Feb 27, 2015
Raiders:
I agree with you that 2 months is a long time to woo a girl. This is why I decided to end our friendship and told her to stop calling and texting her. I think it takes a girl less than a day to decide if they would date a guy or not but some girls just like playing hard to get.
Women who play hard to get game do it for a reason they are either playing the field and your turn has not come up or they are just playing with no intention of ever taking it any further

4 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Allohrandy(m): 6:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
Op, you better leave that girl because she is not serious on dating. No guy should spend more than 1 month trying to woo a girl. If she cant decide on dating you after a month then she probably don't like you so you should move on.

4 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Truckpusher(m): 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
Enegod:
Women who play hard to get game do it for a reason they are either playing the field and your turn has not come up or they are just playing with no intention of ever taking it any further
Bro , they've perfected and changed that game plan.
They will keep you close enough with enough hope that one day your dreams will come true, but the truth is she's keeping you as a backup just incase the old guy starts jonsing they will now run into your arms and you'll be feeling like a king that just conquered a territory without you knowing that you've been on the reserve bench. grin

50 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Sarimah(f): 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
10years is okay grin

4 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
Psychologically, a girl can like a guy in less than 5 seconds of meeting him.. She can decide to date you in less than 15 seconds..
For me, 1 week is enough..
3 weeks is the least I can go...
Its a girl that plays hard to get but a Woman knows what she wants..
The irony of life is that the things we like are flamboyant and expensive and almost out of reach. The People we love are either too busy to reciprocate our feelings, busy to pick our calls and reply our text messages..
Move on bro.. When a woman leaves a man with vision for a man with television. One day she will see the man with vision in her husband television..
Shalom.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Enegod(m): 6:35pm On Feb 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
Bro , they've perfected and changed that game plan.
They will keep you close enough with enough hope that one day your dreams will come true, but the truth is she's keeping you as a backup just incase the old guy starts jonsing they will now run into your arms and you'll be feeling like a king that just conquered a territory without you knowing that you've been on the reserve bench. grin
reserve bench even better...some dey team B struggling to make reserve bench grin

17 Likes

Re: How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? by Truckpusher(m): 6:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
Enegod:
reserve bench even better...some dey team B struggling to make reserve bench grin
Lmao @ team B.
Dem go make you Mikel Obi by fire by force .
We no dey gree stay for bench at all .It is either I dey get permanent appearance or I kuku sign for lower division. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Want To Help My Boyfriend But Scared It Might Be Termed As Being Desperate / I Impregnated Our Maid Because My Banker Wife Was Never Around. / Handicapped Lady Shares Hot Wheelchair Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.