Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,660 members, 7,809,499 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists (19762 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan: Fulani Herdsmen Are Seen As Evil / Fasoranti's Son Disputes Police claim and insists Fulani Herdsmen killed Sister / Fayose Says Fulani Herdsmen Are “terrorists”, Tells Buhari What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Nne5: 3:30pm On Oct 17, 2017
For umpteenth time, the pro-democracy and Non-Governmental Organization – HUMAN RIGHTS WRITERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (HURIWA) has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to stop his rhetorics and take legal action to declare armed Fulani herdsmen as terrorists.

HURIWA said the taciturn and conspiratorial approach of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration towards adopting objective steps to declare armed Fulani herdsmen as terrorists which is suspected to be because he is Fulani by Ethnicity will obliterate whatever legacy he may bequeath to Nigeria after his tenure in 2019.

The Rights group also dismissed the verbal reaction of president Buhari to the continuous genocide in Plateau State masterminded by armed Fulani herdsmen, as hypocritical following his administration’s refusal to do the right thing by legally classifying armed Fulani herdsmen as terrorists and deploying military forces to decisively crush them.
The Rights group specifically condemned the pattern of systematic killings that have taken place in Bassa, Plateau State particularly the accusations by some survivors that soldiers in Plateau State relocated them to the primary school and abandoned them to be callously massacred by the rampaging herdsmen. HURIWA recalled that recently some affected farmers attacked in Benue state by armed Fulani herdsmen appeared before the Presidential probe panel on human rights violations by the military and blamed the armed soldiers for aiding and abetting armed Fulani herdsmen’s attacks.

“We condemn in very strong terms, the persistent denial of the reality of the armed Fulani terror campaign across the country by the current administration of president Buhari which has so far failed to take concrete, verifiable and legal based actions to put to an end the spectacles of blood cuddling terror attacks of armed Fulani herdsmen”.

Also, the Rights body condemned the United Nations Human Rights Council for rewarding the Buhari’s government with an undeserving membership of this body even when the current administration will go down in history as the most brutal civilian government which has so far grossly breached the human rights of Citizens.

“Why should the United Nations allow Nigeria to win a re-election into the discredited UN human rights council on the very day that armed Fulani herdsmen continued their murderous genocide of farmers in parts of Plateau, North Central Nigeria dominated by Christians?”

“The current National Assembly has also unfortunately failed to use its constitutional oversight powers to compel the armed security forces and the president to take action to classify armed Fulani herdsmen as terrorists. Is this because both President Buhari and Senate President Bukola Saraki are Fulanis by origin?”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/17/jos-attack-huriwa-insists-fulani-herdsmen-terrorists/

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Nne5: 3:32pm On Oct 17, 2017
Waste of time because he'll never declare them terrorists.

He's only interested in IPOB.

Lalasticlala mynd44

194 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Paperwhite(m): 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2017
[/b]" HURIWA said the taciturn and conspiratorial approach of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration towards adopting objective steps to declare armed Fulani herdsmen as terrorists which is suspected to be because he is Fulani by Ethnicity............. the current administration will go down in history as the most brutal civilian government which has so far grossly breached the human rights of Citizens."[b] That is what the satanic president will never do but see the swiftness of his government in tagging the IPOB while the perinnal marauding killer Fulanis are still enjoying their executive status.God punish this man.

173 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2017
I wish what happened in somalia can just happen in any Muslim part of Nigeria.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by SalamRushdie: 3:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
Can a man declare himself a terrorist ? Hell No

149 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by DozieInc(m): 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2017
Those herdsmen are BuBu's kinsmen.

33 Likes

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by dokiOloye(m): 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2017
U want Buhari to declare himself a terrorist?(though we all know he is one)
Abi they don't know he's d life patron of Miyetti Allah cattle breeders association,d umbrella body of these murderous herdsmen.

106 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Tamass: 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
Stop hate towards each other..shum tribal sentiments and racism..we are all human beings and i can assure you that is one of our major setbacks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by ipoblogic: 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
Tamass:
Stop hate towards each other..shum tribal sentiments and racism..we are all human beings and i can assure you that is one of our major setbacks

Take this your message to the following
1. Bahari
2. Fulani herdsmen
3. Nigerian Army.
4. Islamic fanatics in Northern Nigeria.
5. All other terrorist organisations.

170 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Tamass: 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2017
ipoblogic:

Take this your message to the following
1. Bahari
2. Fulani herdsmen
3. Nigerian Army.
4. Islamic fanatics in Northern Nigeria.
5. All other terrorist organisations.
Quite alright as i agree with you those are major problems we have in this country asides the nigerian army you mentioned...why did you forget to mention
1.Kidnappers
2.Ritualist
3.Cultists and lots more..that shows you are been biased in ur statement

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by unohbethel(m): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by magoo10(m): 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
They are confirmed terrorist who go about with arms and ammunitions.

13 Likes

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by zurielsam(m): 4:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
to buhari fulani are not terrorist but ipob is a terrorist organization

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by eodavids(m): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2017
beamtopola:
I wish what happened in somalia can just happen in any Muslim part of Nigeria.

Do not say that.
There are many good Muslims, they are not all bad

8 Likes

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by inkon: 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nne5:
Waste of time because he'll never declare them terrorists.

He's only interested in IPOB.

Lalasticlala mynd44

It's exactly as you said. Even if Fulani herdsmen kill half of Nigerians, they will still be pampered. They own this country! – I heard a Fulani soldier say this today.

36 Likes

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:36pm On Oct 17, 2017
They can't be Terrorist when their BOSS is the President of the ZOO.

IPOB are cos their Boss is not the President yet.

17 Likes

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by fulaniHERDSman(m): 6:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
Then its time for me to change my moniker grin cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by awa(m): 6:15pm On Oct 17, 2017
Good for them
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by sylviaeo(f): 6:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
U PEOPLE R ON A VERY LONG THING. ITS LIKE ASKING BUHARI D RELIGIOUS BIGOT TO LABEL HIMSELF A TERRORIST. THEY R D LANDLORDS N WE R ALL TENANTS. I REPEAT, IT SHALL NEVER BE WELL WITH D TRIBE DAT FOISTED DIS HORROR ON NIGERIA

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by SalamRushdie: 6:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
Even the world has come to an agreement that Fulani Herdsmen are the 4th most dangerous terrorist group in the world or maybe 3rd now since the slowdown of ISIS and we elected their grand patron as our President and today he is terrorising everything from the economy to school children ..

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by asawanathegreat(m): 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
What are they b4 if not terrorist and murderers

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Desyner: 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
He will never do that. He is one of them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by stonemasonn: 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
Self defense is the only solution for now..to be honest

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by 2016v2017: 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
Nne5:
For umpteenth time, the pro-democracy and Non-Governmental Organization – HUMAN RIGHTS WRITERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (HURIWA) has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to stop his rhetorics and take legal action to declare armed Fulani herdsmen as terrorists.

HURIWA said the taciturn and conspiratorial approach of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration towards adopting objective steps to declare armed Fulani herdsmen as terrorists which is suspected to be because he is Fulani by Ethnicity will obliterate whatever legacy he may bequeath to Nigeria after his tenure in 2019.

The Rights group also dismissed the verbal reaction of president Buhari to the continuous genocide in Plateau State masterminded by armed Fulani herdsmen, as hypocritical following his administration’s refusal to do the right thing by legally classifying armed Fulani herdsmen as terrorists and deploying military forces to decisively crush them.
The Rights group specifically condemned the pattern of systematic killings that have taken place in Bassa, Plateau State particularly the accusations by some survivors that soldiers in Plateau State relocated them to the primary school and abandoned them to be callously massacred by the rampaging herdsmen. HURIWA recalled that recently some affected farmers attacked in Benue state by armed Fulani herdsmen appeared before the Presidential probe panel on human rights violations by the military and blamed the armed soldiers for aiding and abetting armed Fulani herdsmen’s attacks.

“We condemn in very strong terms, the persistent denial of the reality of the armed Fulani terror campaign across the country by the current administration of president Buhari which has so far failed to take concrete, verifiable and legal based actions to put to an end the spectacles of blood cuddling terror attacks of armed Fulani herdsmen”.

Also, the Rights body condemned the United Nations Human Rights Council for rewarding the Buhari’s government with an undeserving membership of this body even when the current administration will go down in history as the most brutal civilian government which has so far grossly breached the human rights of Citizens.

“Why should the United Nations allow Nigeria to win a re-election into the discredited UN human rights council on the very day that armed Fulani herdsmen continued their murderous genocide of farmers in parts of Plateau, North Central Nigeria dominated by Christians?”

“The current National Assembly has also unfortunately failed to use its constitutional oversight powers to compel the armed security forces and the president to take action to classify armed Fulani herdsmen as terrorists. Is this because both President Buhari and Senate President Bukola Saraki are Fulanis by origin?”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/17/jos-attack-huriwa-insists-fulani-herdsmen-terrorists/

Buhari is the fulani herdsmen terrorist leader

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Lomprico2: 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
Tamass:

You have not made any point. So what r u saying? is HURIWA right or wrong?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by bukynkwuenu: 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2017
grin what does the king in the north care

12 Likes

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Obunike99(m): 6:19pm On Oct 17, 2017
okay
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
Sigh

I am going to just make my observations on this Fulani herdsmen crisis, and then I will keep quiet.

First, the reason why we have all these issues is that Nigerians don’t believe in our Police. If a Fulani herdsman is attacked, he does not report to the Police. He goes to his comrades, who then launch a revenge attack. Likewise , if a farmer gets attacked, he does not go to the police, it is to his fellows, who then launch a reporisal attack, and then we keep on having attack after attack.

Second, I am sorry, but I don’t believe that the farmers are inncoent in this matter. It does not mean that I agree that the Fulanis are justifed in taking the law into their hands (see my above point), but I believe strongly that the farmers are attacking Fulanis and molesting their cows too. And the reason why we don’t hear about this in the media is because the media , like many of my fellow southerners and Christians is interested in an agenda...that thuggish muslims are attacking innocent Christians. Well...when the same innocent christians join the thug muslims in dancing to the same violence is the answer tune, the same media keeps quiet, while people sit down and justify such attacks with terms as ‘the Fulanis have it coming to them’

Indeed, there are people, including HURIWA with this their call for the govt to crush the Fulani. What exactly do they mean? DO they want the Army to start moving into Fulani settlements to kill and destroy, as if we are back in Kenya in the 1950’s when the British did the same to hundreds of innocent Kenyans? Don’t they get it that would only make a bad situation worse. IN 1999, the Army crushed Odi., ten years later there were millitant groups up and down. And in 2009, hundereds of inncoent North Easterners were killed by the Army in the name of Boko Haram, and that made things worse...until corrections were made in strategy by the last govt, and this one. And now, it seems that the same people who rightly condemm the army for forcing innocent Igbos into the muddy river to swim, are now backing measures that at best would lead to anarchy beyond what can be controlled.

Finally, what angers me is that people are not calling on their local govt chairman, their governors, their tribal leaders, etc to sit down and discuss solutions. I mean, once upon a time , Fulanis and farmers did not fight like this. What is provoking the fighting is increase in populaiton. IN 1963, we were less than 60million, now we are 160million. And a large chunk of that populaiton lives in the rural area...and Nigeria has not icnreased in land mass since 1963...and we even lost Bakassi in 2006. I would have expected government and the herdsmen and farmers to develop solutions that would help salvage the situation, and let everyone leave in peace. But , no Nigerians….are interested in playing Tutsis and Hutus. Well, last time that happened 800000 people died. Deaths that were conpletely unecessary….but are happening because Nigerians are not interested in solutins...they want to behave like their acnestors did back in the 17th century. Well...that kind of behaviour is why we got colonised in the first place, and we would have still been a colony if we did not put aside our differences, even for a brief moment to fight for independence.

SO, what am I saying. I just want Nigerians to stop this tale of innocent farmers and brutal thug cattle rearers. Because such talk is going to blow us to another Somalia. Instead...let us start thinking about serious solutions. And no...we don’t need to waste money we don’t have on another confrence. We need to think, and to think and to act with some wisdom.

IN short...we need to get matured.

(Anyone who insults me would be reported to the mods. If you are still sore over the last election, so am I. I am angry that we did not get a new direction for we coutntry., And anyone calling me a Muslim should know that I am a Christian, and I have seen violence , the worst as far back as the 80’s. But I also know that doing the same thing over and over again does not work. We need solutions now)

And all those commenter saying let us finish the Fulani....i say to them...Go ahead....jsut don't come back after fighting another chronic 20 year tribal war that you caused.Same goes for any Fulani justifying attacks on farmers.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by iukpe: 6:21pm On Oct 17, 2017
Its amazing how it takes government so long, not just Buhari's regime but Nigerian government generally are always slow in reacting to any thing what so ever that will save the lives of Nigerians against violence and any form of killings.

4 Likes

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by bkool7(m): 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2017
ipoblogic:

Take this your message to the following 1. Bahari 2. Fulani herdsmen 3. Nigerian Army. 4. Islamic fanatics in Northern Nigeria. 5. All other terrorist organisations.
The.message is for everyone
Most Nigerians are hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by femo122: 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2017
Which one is huriwa the one I know is arawa on I serious note fulani's are animals.

Don't quote me

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Leaders Met With The President Elect Today At The Defence House. / 2019: Why PDP Wants To Boycott Elections – Oshiomhole / We Will Comply, We Are On Same Page – Oyo Govt Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.