Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists (19786 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan: Fulani Herdsmen Are Seen As Evil / Fasoranti's Son Disputes Police claim and insists Fulani Herdsmen killed Sister / Fayose Says Fulani Herdsmen Are “terrorists”, Tells Buhari What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Tamass: 11:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
koolaid87:

Why can't you address the topic and leave preaching.

You're the one being racist

It's similar to when people says "black lives matter" and one fool came from no where, creating "all lives matter"

What we're saying is Buhari is a fuck1ng bigot.

How do you people keep calling someone a bigot without even a single concrete evidence...well soothe yourself..but the better for you the sooner you come to realise most of the recent happenings are plots of the clowns that want to render the effort of the president futile
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by borntosuccess(m): 11:40pm On Oct 17, 2017
he wont do it,cause they ar his errand boys
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by poseidon12: 12:30am On Oct 18, 2017
Tamass:
Stop hate towards each other..shum tribal sentiments and racism..we are all human beings and i can assure you that is one of our major setbacks

You should direct your exhortation to your President Buhari who has openly shown himself to be a tribalist.

1 Like

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by poseidon12: 12:36am On Oct 18, 2017
9jakohai:
Sigh

I am going to just make my observations on this Fulani herdsmen crisis, and then I will keep quiet.

First, the reason why we have all these issues is that Nigerians don’t believe in our Police. If a Fulani herdsman is attacked, he does not report to the Police. He goes to his comrades, who then launch a revenge attack. Likewise , if a farmer gets attacked, he does not go to the police, it is to his fellows, who then launch a reporisal attack, and then we keep on having attack after attack.

Second, I am sorry, but I don’t believe that the farmers are inncoent in this matter. It does not mean that I agree that the Fulanis are justifed in taking the law into their hands (see my above point), but I believe strongly that the farmers are attacking Fulanis and molesting their cows too. And the reason why we don’t hear about this in the media is because the media , like many of my fellow southerners and Christians is interested in an agenda...that thuggish muslims are attacking innocent Christians. Well...when the same innocent christians join the thug muslims in dancing to the same violence is the answer tune, the same media keeps quiet, while people sit down and justify such attacks with terms as ‘the Fulanis have it coming to them’

Indeed, there are people, including HURIWA with this their call for the govt to crush the Fulani. What exactly do they mean? DO they want the Army to start moving into Fulani settlements to kill and destroy, as if we are back in Kenya in the 1950’s when the British did the same to hundreds of innocent Kenyans? Don’t they get it that would only make a bad situation worse. IN 1999, the Army crushed Odi., ten years later there were millitant groups up and down. And in 2009, hundereds of inncoent North Easterners were killed by the Army in the name of Boko Haram, and that made things worse...until corrections were made in strategy by the last govt, and this one. And now, it seems that the same people who rightly condemm the army for forcing innocent Igbos into the muddy river to swim, are now backing measures that at best would lead to anarchy beyond what can be controlled.

Finally, what angers me is that people are not calling on their local govt chairman, their governors, their tribal leaders, etc to sit down and discuss solutions. I mean, once upon a time , Fulanis and farmers did not fight like this. What is provoking the fighting is increase in populaiton. IN 1963, we were less than 60million, now we are 160million. And a large chunk of that populaiton lives in the rural area...and Nigeria has not icnreased in land mass since 1963...and we even lost Bakassi in 2006. I would have expected government and the herdsmen and farmers to develop solutions that would help salvage the situation, and let everyone leave in peace. But , no Nigerians….are interested in playing Tutsis and Hutus. Well, last time that happened 800000 people died. Deaths that were conpletely unecessary….but are happening because Nigerians are not interested in solutins...they want to behave like their acnestors did back in the 17th century. Well...that kind of behaviour is why we got colonised in the first place, and we would have still been a colony if we did not put aside our differences, even for a brief moment to fight for independence.

SO, what am I saying. I just want Nigerians to stop this tale of innocent farmers and brutal thug cattle rearers. Because such talk is going to blow us to another Somalia. Instead...let us start thinking about serious solutions. And no...we don’t need to waste money we don’t have on another confrence. We need to think, and to think and to act with some wisdom.

IN short...we need to get matured.

(Anyone who insults me would be reported to the mods. If you are still sore over the last election, so am I. I am angry that we did not get a new direction for we coutntry., And anyone calling me a Muslim should know that I am a Christian, and I have seen violence , the worst as far back as the 80’s. But I also know that doing the same thing over and over again does not work. We need solutions now)

And all those commenter saying let us finish the Fulani....i say to them...Go ahead....jsut don't come back after fighting another chronic 20 year tribal war that you caused.Same goes for any Fulani justifying attacks on farmers.

I hope you keep to your promise to keep quiet because you are coming across as naive.

1 Like

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Ioseph(m): 12:48am On Oct 18, 2017
I question the validity and neutrality of this "HURIWA" group. What sort of "Human rights" group calls for "legally classifying armed Fulani herdsmen as terrorists and deploying military forces to decisively crush them"? That's against everything human rights groups have been trying to achieve in violent war-torn African tribal countries. I smell a rat.
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Xano(m): 12:48am On Oct 18, 2017
Hmmm...

When you respond to areas in Bassa, Plateau State, at one the locations were their evil men mutilated young, mid-aged children, women, youth and men you hear sharp consistent screams. Screams of farewell; screams of curse(death, decay from within) directed at these evil men. Mothers screams in agony, slapping herself, beating her beloved child to wake up. Children crying at high pitch until there is no cry to scream. Men, randomly scream, subdue their ache as they observe, look at their children mutilated, to a point of no scream.

You try to console, but there is you that express remorse, would know to observe and allow them mourn their own.
Mutilated children, youth, men(fathers, uncles) and women(mothers) are their own. Their own violently reaped off from them without mercy.

A good friend of mine works for an NGO based in Jos, but for me to witness these, you don't seek mercy on these wicked and evil Fulani herdsmen, NO, justice of any kind be rendered on them.

NO mercy

NO mercy

1 Like

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Ioseph(m): 1:03am On Oct 18, 2017
Xano:
Hmmm...

When you respond to areas in Bassa, Plateau State, at one the locations were their evil men mutilated young, mid-aged children, women, youth and men you hear sharp consistent screams. Screams of farewell; screams of curse(death, decay from within) directed at these evil men. Mothers screams in agony, slapping herself, beating her beloved child to wake up. Children crying at high pitch until there is no cry to scream. Men, randomly scream, subdue their ache as they observe, look at their children mutilated, to a point of no scream.

You try to console, but there is you that express remorse, would know to observe and allow them mourn their own.
Mutilated children, youth, men(fathers, uncles) and women(mothers) are their own. Their own violently reaped off from them without mercy.

A good friend of mine works for an NGO based in Jos, but for me to witness these, you don't seek mercy on these wicked and evil Fulani herdsmen, NO, justice of any kind be rendered on them.

NO mercy

NO mercy

That is tribalism. That is primitive human thought patterns. That is NOT the position a "Human Rights" group should take in regards to armed conflict.

Look, cool your brain, pick up a history book, and see things with wisdom NOT adrenaline. these kinds of conflicts have been happening all over Africa for ages. What always ends up happening is that, regardless of who starts it, BOTH SIDES commit atrocities. South Sudan is Dinka VS Nuer, and the whole country has been obliterated. In C.A.R. there is fierce fighting between Christian and Muslim militias, destroying safe societies, schools and futures - the militias care more about killing the "other" than they do about education, because they lack the brains to think beyond the scope of their brutal conflict. Just as there are Fulani-Hausa who have murdered and committed horrible acts of evil upon innocent farmers, there are also innocent Fulani-Hausa who are murdered and terrorised by angry, vengeful or inhumane farmers. Claiming that all armed Fulani should be "decisively crushed" by Nigeria's unruly, corrupt and atrocity committing military will result in an even greater disaster and loss of innocent life.

While action should be taken on these issues by the (corrupt and incompetent) Nigerian government, solving the issue by telling armed soldiers to murder any Hausa-Fulani that looks suspicious is insane and genocidal.

I do not believe that this "HURIWA" should be taken as a credible human rights group if it condones military intervention and mass profiling and murder of Hausa-Fulanis. That's the same kind of dumb, violent, imprecise and hot-headed thinking that has lead so many African states (Rwanda/Burundi, Congo, Central African Repub., Chad, South Sudan, etc.) to their ruin.

ABEG LEARN FROM HISTORY'S MISTAKES.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Luisema4luv(m): 7:16am On Oct 18, 2017
Tamass:

How do you people keep calling someone a bigot without even a single concrete evidence...well soothe yourself..but the better for you the sooner you come to realise most of the recent happenings are plots of the clowns that want to render the effort of the president futile

Bros abeg just mention d effort.... Or is it d 1 of the NA Assisting the fulani herdsmen to carry out dia killings or which effort
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Tamass: 7:21am On Oct 18, 2017
Luisema4luv:

Bros abeg just mention d effort.... Or is it d 1 of the NA Assisting the fulani herdsmen to carry out dia killings or which effort
Thats the problem..most of you just follow the crowd..if not for anything when last have you heard a bomb blast? Economically we are still recovering from the mess our past leaders put us into..if you really want to knw abt the achievements of the presidency.i am sure you know where to look it up..
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by amerlino(m): 7:37am On Oct 18, 2017
Am very happy wit dis news. Kudos to fulani herdsmen let dem continue killing their northern counterparts since they are not terrorists. Can still remember how many idiots were happy and celebrating foolishly when Ipob that havent killed a soul was proscribed a terrorist group where as fulani herdsmen were backed by d govt. Fulani herdsmen i wish u guys more killings till all nigerian citizens will come 2geda and call a spade 'a spade'. You northern people should stop complaining, fulani are friendly
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Killurself: 7:58am On Oct 18, 2017
ipoblogic:

Take this your message to the following
1. Bahari
2. Fulani herdsmen
3. Nigerian Army.
4. Islamic fanatics in Northern Nigeria.
5. All other terrorist organisations.
5.All other terrorist organizations e.g IPOB, MEND, Herdsmen etc
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Luisema4luv(m): 8:10am On Oct 18, 2017
Tamass:

Thats the problem..most of you just follow the crowd..if not for anything when last have you heard a bomb blast? Economically we are still recovering from the mess our past leaders put us into..if you really want to knw abt the achievements of the presidency.i am sure you know where to look it up..

This is anoda problem, u just refused to follow ur brain, check ur news again nd c if no bomb blast happened dis month in maiduguri, let us stop dis scrap of mess of our past leaders cuz that would b lookin for excuse for failure. Face the issue on ground nd stop sounding lik some1 brainwashed by our fed propaganda. Fyi i over campaign for pmb bt i am sorry to say the guy is a big waste of existence cuz he is very clueless
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Sunnah1(m): 8:12am On Oct 18, 2017
beamtopola:
I wish what happened in somalia can just happen in any Muslim part of Nigeria.
Christian Association of Nigeria plan to actualize that has fail long time ago. Eat your sh**t
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Tamass: 8:29am On Oct 18, 2017
Luisema4luv:

This is anoda problem, u just refused to follow ur brain, check ur news again nd c if no bomb blast happened dis month in maiduguri, let us stop dis scrap of mess of our past leaders cuz that would b lookin for excuse for failure. Face the issue on ground nd stop sounding lik some1 brainwashed by our fed propaganda. Fyi i over campaign for pmb bt i am sorry to say the guy is a big waste of existence cuz he is very clueless
Even if you were offensive..i am still replying you cause you made a point...I am not a buhari or an APC sympathiser...my brother i didn't hear of the bomb blast you are talking about shaa..
Secondly,how can we overlook the effect of the past administration when it plays a major role in the present one...with the way the president took over the country i can categorically state than he has done quite worth commending in the past two years...how do you expect a nation that has suffered drastic and endemic corruption for over 30 years to reform within two years...i never campaigned for him cause i was not affiliated in any way with him but that shouldn't subdue the fact of acknowledging his achievements so far... look up the milestones completed by this administration in 2 years compared to all GEJ regime...you will see that we really have a chance.
Just stop badmouthing and denigrating the efforts of the presidency...if you want to criticize you do that constructively and proffer solutions...that way we can be able to move forward and leave the mess our predecessors put us into and thereby an attempt to perfect the nation for the upcoming generations.
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Luisema4luv(m): 8:56am On Oct 18, 2017
Tamass:

Even if you were offensive..i am still replying you cause you made a point...I am not a buhari or an APC sympathiser...my brother i didn't hear of the bomb blast you are talking about shaa..
Secondly,how can we overlook the effect of the past administration when it plays a major role in the present one...with the way the president took over the country i can categorically state than he has done quite worth commending in the past two years...how do you expect a nation that has suffered drastic and endemic corruption for over 30 years to reform within two years...i never campaigned for him cause i was not affiliated in any way with him but that shouldn't subdue the fact of acknowledging his achievements so far... look up the milestones completed by this administration in 2 years compared to all GEJ regime...you will see that we really have a chance.
Just stop badmouthing and denigrating the efforts of the presidency...if you want to criticize you do that constructively and proffer solutions...that way we can be able to move forward and leave the mess our predecessors put us into and thereby an attempt to perfect the nation for the upcoming generations.

Let me analyse sometin 4 u, 1 issue wit pmb is having a very good idea bt wrong presentation and implementation, nd if a student shld hv dat problem in school den ur guess as good as mine.. Failing, tell me y ipod is a terrorist organisation nd nt fulani herdsmen, tell me y i shld prefer 350 naira to 1 dollar instead of 190 as to last admin, tell me y as graduate lesser job due to more companies folding up compared to last admin, i think u hv already gotten my point.
The earlier we realise dat dis recycled leaders will not take us to the future d beta.
Leaders dar prefer ethinicity to morals
Dar prefer party affairs to its citizens
Dar prefer family members to right candidate for jobs

Pls lez us call a spade a spade nd stop giving excuses for dem failing us as leaders. Its high time wat happened in ghana decend on our leaders ket us try new faces
Imagine pmb dat was nt in office for months due to health issues is stil nursing an idea somewhere of running for 2019 because of greed... Tell me wat happened to *we re the leaders of tomorrow*
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by samtes(m): 8:56am On Oct 18, 2017
abeg anytin 9ja tire me. which 1 be dis nw. una no go let pipe hear word. waiting happen. abeg weda na war dem de call lam abi na fight. how e take concern me. abi na dis una planty complains go stop 4rm happenin if e be say e 1 happen. abeg ma una rest make 4 use una. big big talk.
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Yusman316(m): 10:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
So huriwa thinks the UN is ran by people that don't take facts into consideration before acting
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by Ioseph(m): 10:09pm On Oct 18, 2017
Yusman316:
So huriwa thinks the UN is ran by people that don't take facts into consideration before acting

The UN also takes politics into consideration, and is primarily superceded by American interests, which can lead to double standards.

A good example of this is the blatant favouritism towards Israel despite it's obvious destructive and discriminatory policies towards Palestinians and Palestinian villages, or the fact that Saudi Arabia, the most sexist country on planet earth, is on the UN Women's Rights council.
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by FrankGiel: 10:35am On Oct 19, 2017
Rhodababy123:
Be decieving urself because u live in a glass house. propaganda my foot.

https://www.nairaland.com/4125395/cattle-breeders-association-press-conference
Theses things do not get reported..
When they retaliate by clearing the whole community, the media will be quick to report
Re: Jos Attack: HURIWA Insists Fulani Herdsmen Are Terrorists by orisa37: 1:33pm On Oct 19, 2017
Fulani herdsmen are worse and more wicked than terrorists.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah Endorses Buhari, Mohammed Abubakar For Second Term / DSS Arrests Masterminds Of Imo INEC Attacks / Akwa Ibom Assembly To Induct Hilda Baci Into Hall Of Fame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.