Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,866 members, 7,851,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:39 AM

Senator Abaribe Applies To Be Discharged As Nnamdi Kanu's Surety - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Abaribe Applies To Be Discharged As Nnamdi Kanu's Surety (386 Views)

Why I Can No Longer Be Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety – Abaribe / Nnamdi Kanu's Surety, Enyinnaya Abaribe Appears Before Abuja High Court / Abaribe Applies To Withdraw As Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Abaribe Applies To Be Discharged As Nnamdi Kanu's Surety by LATESTNGNEWS: 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2017
Senator Abaribe is obviously under intense pressure to produce Nnamdi Kanu for his court hearing

Nnamdi Kanu was due to appear in court today but was no where near the court premises

The senator represnting Abia South, Senator Abaribe disclosed he had spoken with the IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu before the military operations in[url] Nnamdi Kanu[/url]'s hometown.

One of the sureties for Nnamdi Kanu and senator representing Abia South, Enyinnaya Abaribe, has applied to be discharged as surety to Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).

Abaribe filed the application in court on Tuesday.

Recall that Abaribe, prior to the raids by the military, said Kanu had always assured him that he would be in court at adjourned dates.

“He was supposed to appear in court on October 17. It was our job as sureties to produce him in court. We have been speaking with him”, Abaribe had said.

“I spoke with him around August 23. I had to invite him to meeting with the South-east Senate caucus in my home at Obingwa, in Abia.

“We discussed and we told him what we felt and where he was going out of bound and we told him to confine himself to the laws of the land.”

“Now, I spoke to him on September 11, and it was same day that the military moved into his place. Since then, nobody has seen him.”

[url]Senator Abaribe[/url] is now in a state of dilemma as to the outcome of the court verdict as regards his application which might not not see the light of the day owing to the fact that he( Abaribe) knew the consequences of standing as a surety for someone in court.

It remains to be seen if Abaribe will get a reprive by having Nnamdi Kanu appear in court at a later date or face the consequences.
READ MORE: http://ngday.com/2017/10/senator-abaribe-intense-pressure-produce-nnamdi-kanu-court-hearing-applies-discharged-surety/

Re: Senator Abaribe Applies To Be Discharged As Nnamdi Kanu's Surety by prince2much(m): 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2017
Re: Senator Abaribe Applies To Be Discharged As Nnamdi Kanu's Surety by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2017
No be your fault sha. You were just helping a brother
Re: Senator Abaribe Applies To Be Discharged As Nnamdi Kanu's Surety by nrexzy: 5:49pm On Oct 17, 2017
Had he known.... Now his political ambition is astake
Re: Senator Abaribe Applies To Be Discharged As Nnamdi Kanu's Surety by yemmight(m): 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2017
Set of confused elements.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Set To Embark On Another Foreign Trip, To Leave For Turkey. / The 7 Deadly Sins A Nigerian President Should Avoid / Apga's Conquest: Thousands Of Youths Dumping APC To Join PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.