Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace (9046 Views)

Ramadan Beings - Sultan Declare / Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by AlBaqir(m): 6:46am On Oct 28, 2017
Empiree:
isnt where the verse says "APPOINTED"?

Besides, is this ayah the strongest evidence of muta according to shi'a?. If so, from the ayah where istimta appears has nothign to do with MUTA has we know it. It seems to be talking about the same woman you married to and enjoyed. If if we are to isolate the phrased as you previous opinined, it isd still referring to what i just said.

# Appointed? I don't get that.

# First, you need to come to term that the part is a separate ayah itself.

# Second, the fact that Ibn Abbas, Ibn Mas'ud and Ubai Ibn Kaab (all known for their Qur'anic efficiency in reading and Tafsir) read the ayah to be " verse of Mut'ah" and even with extra phrase "for a specified period", is enough to prove that the lone ayah is MUT'AH revealed.

# However, Sit down and study the ayah well (from verse 22-23). Allah is revealing types of women we cannot marry. And we have long list. Then, the ayah number 24 comes starting with another Haram type we cannot marry:

"And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you,.."

i.e you cannot marry married women except married that were captured.

# Now the verse introduced that apart from those Haram type, all other women are halal for us to marry:

"and lawful for you are (all women) besides those, provided that you seek (them) with your property, taking (them) in marriage not committing fornication."

# Then, apart from the cannon above (about Haram and halal types of women), here comes another:

"Then (fama), as to those whom you profit by (istamtatum), give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed ; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise"

# Note: There is no difference between normal marriage and MUT'AH save "the fixed period". So, mahr is 100% part of it.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by AlBaqir(m): 8:48am On Oct 28, 2017
Empiree:
So i don't get the idea of condemning shi'a now. Mrolai, over to you

# Empiree, why bringing "al-Zawaj bi niyyat talaq - marriage with intention of divorce" (Misyar nikkah)?

* I don't see need for it here. It absolutely have no root in Islam. It was just a formulation of most Ahlu Sunnah scholars, as an alternative to MUT'AH (although they will never admit it).

* Please don't let us loose focus.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by sino(m): 8:48am On Oct 28, 2017
AlBaqir:

Inna lillahi Wa inna ilayhi rajiun grin The Hadith is Da'if. Before given you my proof, let me ask you the following:

Da'if by who? you? grin grin grin grin grin

AlBaqir:

# Why didn't Umar stoned Amr Ibn Hurayth when he impregnated a slave girl he had MUT'AH with? Why did Umar even proposed Amr should have done MUT'AH with other than a slave? Is MUT'AH with slave not merit Umar's punishment of stoning?

Lol, you keep asking same questions as if such questions have the master key to prove mut'ah to be permissible. Do you have the information surrounding what happened between Amr and the slave girl?! Do you have the proceedings at the court presided over by Umar?! If you do not have any of these information other that the singular hadith, you cannot start asking silly questions...

AlBaqir:

# Did Umar forgot this alleged Hadith grin ni only for him to remember few years to the end of his reign? MUT'AH were continuously being performed by SAHABAH during Abubakr, and Umar's reign UNTIL toward the last reign of Umar!

This is another silly question, bring evidences of this continuous mut'ah, who and who are those that continued doing mut'ah?! By the way, saying we used to do mut'ah during this and than time, does not justify anything, for example, after Buhari implemented the TSA, Ministries and MDAs had it tough, because they had several accounts to siphon government money, some don't return the unspent money after the end of the budget year, but share the money. So If someone later now said, we used to share the money during Obasanjo, Yar'dua, Jonathan until later in Buhari's time when he implemented the TSA, does this statement justify the act of sharing the money?! Is sharing the money what the Nigerian constitution dictates?!

So if you want to claim that these sahabas practiced mut'ah based on the permission of the Qur'an or the Prophet (SAW), then bring the evidences, those who did it, and referenced the Qur'an or the Prophet (SAW), and not the "we used to do it" statement!

AlBaqir:

# Why did Ali said, "Had Umar not banned MUT'AH for people, only a wretched would have commit Zina"? Was it Umar's ban or Nabi's ban? It even clearly showed that People were seriously into MUT'AH then.
I have already provided narrations even from Ali (ra) stating that Prophet (SAW) was the one who prohibited mut'ah. The question you should be asking is why didn't Ali (ra) counter Umar (ra)?! And when Ali (ra) became the caliph, why didn't he revoke Umar's fatwa?! Abi how could Ali (ra) be looking and do nothing when a man just ban what you claim Allah (SWT) permitted and even used the Prophet (SAW) as his evidence for the ban?!

AlBaqir:

Too much discrepancies (as Qur'an puts it).
lol, for the one lacking in knowledge and understanding, yeah there are discrepancies in the Qur'an sef!

AlBaqir:

Ahlu Sunnah, fear Allah with all these fabrications in the name of Rasul and your sahabah.
Of course, you believe the narrations that supports mut'ah to be true, and those against mut'ah to be fabrications, who should fear Allah (SWT)?!

AlBaqir:

# SO TO THE HADITH:

NOTE: The hadith is actually ḍa’if. Concerning one of its narrators,

1. al-Hafiz (d. 852 H) states:

Aban b. ‘Abd Allah b. Abi Hazim b. Sakhr b. al-‘Aylah al-Bajali al-Ahmasi al-Kuf: Sadūq (very truthful), there is weakness in his memory.

Source: Aḥmad b. ‘Alī b. Ḥajar al-‘Asqalānī, Taqrīb al-Tahdhīb (Beirut: Dār al-Maktabah al-‘Ilmiyyah; 2nd edition, 1415 H) [annotator: Muṣtafā ‘Abd al-Qādir ‘Aṭā], vol. 1, p. 51, # 140 108

2. Imam Ibn Hibban (d. 354 H) give us more details

Aban b. ‘Abd Allah al-Bajalī, from the people of Kūfa, and he was the one called Abān b. Abī Ḥāzim. He narrated from Abān b. Taghlib and the people of Kūfah. Al-Thawrī, Wakī’ and the people narrated from him. He was one of those whose mistakes were terrible, and who narrated manākīr (repugnant reports) without corroboration. Al-Hamdānī informed us, and said: I heard ‘Amr b. ‘Ali saying: “I never heard Yahya b. Sa'id al-Qaṭṭān ever narrating anything from him” – he meant Aban al-Bajali.

Source: Abū Ḥātim Muḥammad b. Ḥibbān b. Aḥmad al-Tamīmī al-Bustī, Kitāb al-Majrūḥīn [annotator: Maḥmūd Ibrāhīm Zāyad], vol. 1, p. 99

So, how on earth can such Hadith be "Hasan"? Aban was in a worst situation. I wonder how Albani made such blunder grading the Hadith " hasan". I can give you link to those books for verification.

Now you have tried to be reasonable, this is what I expect of one who is sincere in searching for the truth, not your silly questions...

"The narration is authentic, even though Aban bin Abdullah bin Abi Hazim was weakened by some, one finds that he was deemed trustworthy by Yahya bin Ma’een, Imam Ahmad, and Ibn Numair. Ibn Adi adds that he did not find any munkar traditions from Aban. See Tahtheeb Al-Tahtheeb 1/54.

Yet, even if one were to accept the criticism of Ibn Hibban, who weakened him for relating uncorroborated traditions, we find that the narration by Omar is corroborated by Ali, Ibn Omar, Sabra, and Salama. Thus, to treat this report as an uncorroborated tradition is unjust."
Source

AlBaqir:

# Anyway, the theme of this thread is 100% established: Sahabah continue to approve and perform MUT'AH after the demise of Nabi. Tabi'ieen too followed suit. So, if MUT'AH was Zina, they ALL committed ZINA (ADULTERY AND FORNICATION) 100%..

Mut'ah is HARAM, anyone who did it then may have done so out of ignorance! If you cannot bring evidences of those who did it after being challenged, then you do not have a point! But we all know you don't base your judgement on evidences, you already believed majority of the sahabas were apostates na...
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by AlBaqir(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2017
The Hadith is nothing. Don't waste your time on it. And if you are adamant on it, then the problem bounce back upon Umar who permitted MUT'AH for almost entire duration of his reign as caliph.

# If truly, Umar believed that Prophet prohibited MUT'AH as said in the da'if Hadith, why offering Amr Ibn Hurayth an alternative of a free woman other than slave he did MUT'AH with, and impregnated?

# Offering him an alternative simply confirmed he sees nothing wrong doing it. This is the reason Imam Ibn Hazm conclude that:

"...It is narrated that ‘Umar b. al-Khattab only denied it if two just people did not act as its witnesses, and he considered it permissible if two just people acted as witnesses to it."

This explains why he said to Amr, "why not doing it with a free woman".

# There are lots of philosophical questions you keep on evading tendering excuses over excuses. Islam is not about "text" alone, your Aql need to come along. And since you have buried your Aql, there is no use continuing with you.

sino:

Mut'ah is HARAM, anyone who did it then may have done so out of ignorance! If you cannot bring evidences of those who did it after being challenged, then you do not have a point!

# Case of Ibn Abbas will continue to hunt you. Whether with or without necessity, he continue to affirm MUT'AH after being challenge by an "uncouth fellow".

# Please stop tendering that silly " ignorance" excuse. MUT'AH was practised for around 10 years by sahabah after the demise of Nabi yet you are saying it was out of ignorance! Can't you hear yourself.

* Under the watch of Abubakr and Umar only for the later to ban it because of Amr's case. Yet you are saying "out of ignorance"?!

* How is it possible that Abubakr, Umar, Asma bint Abi Bakr al-Siddiq, Jabir b. ‘Abd Allah, Ibn Mas’ud, Ibn ‘Abbas, Mu’awiyah b. Abi Sufyan, ‘Amr b. Ḥurayth, Abu Sa'id al-Khudri, and Salamah and Ma’bad – sons of Umayyah b. Khalaf, all never took the alleged prohibition at three different occasions into any consideration? Hahaha...!

# I've known you never to be sincere to yourself when it comes to dialogue like this.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by sino(m): 10:42am On Oct 28, 2017
AlBaqir:

# grin grin grin In Sunni interpretation of Islam, sex with your slave girl is halal. It is neither marriage nor MUT'AH.

So, the fact that the Hadith says it was MUT'AH that Amr admitted to have done with the slave girl, and Umar even proposed, "why not with other than a slave", clearly showed that the slave was not Amr's.

There's no escape bro.
What are you saying?! If you want to marry your slave girl, who do you go and meet to ask her hand in marriage?! You own a slave, this slave is one of your responsibilities, you care for her, you cloth her with what you cloth your family, you feed her with what you feed your family, you shelter her in your own house, so what else do you have to do to show that you want to marry her?! And by the way, you can even sell her without her consent! Of course Islam didn't establish slavery, but allowing for this kind of relationship between master and slave, allows for the slave to gain her freedom.

Allah (SWT) says:
Also (forbidden are) women already married, except those (captives and slaves) whom your right hands possess. Thus has Allah ordained for you. All others are lawful, provided you seek (them in marriage) with Mahr (bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage) from your property, desiring chastity, not committing illegal sexual intercourse, so with those of whom you have enjoyed sexual relations, give them their Mahr as prescribed; but if after a Mahr is prescribed, you agree mutually (to give more), there is no sin on you. Surely, Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise.(Qur'an 4:24)

Imam Maalik said:

In our view the man who rapes a woman, regardless of whether she is a virgin or not, if she is a free woman he must pay a "dowry" like that of her peers, and if she is a slave he must pay whatever has been detracted from her value. The punishment is to be carried out on the rapist and there is no punishment for the woman who has been raped, whatever the case. (Imam Maalik, Al-Muwatta', Volume 2, page 734)

Imam Al Shaafi'i said:

"If a man acquires by force a slave-girl, then has sexual intercourse with her after he acquires her by force, and if he is not excused by ignorance, then the slave-girl will be taken from him, he is required to pay the fine, and he will receive the punishment for illegal sexual intercourse." (Imam Al Shaafi'i, Kitaabul Umm, Volume 3, page 253)

It is clear from the teachings of the Prophet (SAW) not to hurt slaves, so any form of relationship between a master and his slave must be based on mutual consent, and care. So no matter how you want to twist the narrations, Allah (SWT) permitted this relationship between master and slave, but all this is even irrelevant, cos we do not have slaves anymore.

Now Amr impregnated a slave which is not his, and claimed he did mut'ah. First issue is that, a slave has no right to consent to such a relationship, where would you put her owner?! Is a slave FREE to make such contracts on her own?!
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by AlBaqir(m): 11:25am On Oct 28, 2017
sino:

Now Amr impregnated a slave which is not his, and claimed he did mut'ah. First issue is that, a slave has no right to consent to such a relationship, where would you put her owner?! Is a slave FREE to make such contracts on her own?!

# No one ask you for all those Tahrif. You are the one that brought what is not needed in trying to absolve Amr. You suggested "the slave is his", because there is no case in "sex with your slave".

# So, thank God for once you dropped your adamancy and accept Amr did MUT'AH with a slave girl and impregnated her.

# So, we are left with the word of Umar, "why not other than her"?

* In my view, that means Umar saw nothing wrong with MUT'AH so long you do it right i. e not take advantage of e.g a slave. What do you infer from the word of Umar?
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by tintingz(m): 12:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
I have already give my stance on muta'a, I see nothing wrong with temporary marraige base on agreement and I wonder why some people here are trippin, fussed about it(muta'a), I agree with Albaqir in this thread.

This is my words,

"Personally i see nothing wrong with this muta'ah, temporary marriage, open marriage as long it is under agreement.

If two adults agreed to have a temporary relationship, what the f**** is wrong with that?

Seriously I don't understand why some people are fussed about it, is it because a book said it is immoral or you just feel like it is immoral? You have no point if your argument is based on this.

At least this will reduce the act of pedophilia on children and rape cases."

1 Like

Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by sino(m): 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
AlBaqir:
The Hadith is nothing. Don't waste your time on it. And if you are adamant on it, then the problem bounce back upon Umar who permitted MUT'AH for almost entire duration of his reign as caliph.

# If truly, Umar believed that Prophet prohibited MUT'AH as said in the da'if Hadith, why offering Amr Ibn Hurayth an alternative of a free woman other than slave he did MUT'AH with, and impregnated?

# Offering him an alternative simply confirmed he sees nothing wrong doing it. This is the reason Imam Ibn Hazm conclude that:

"...It is narrated that ‘Umar b. al-Khattab only denied it if two just people did not act as its witnesses, and he considered it permissible if two just people acted as witnesses to it."

This explains why he said to Amr, "why not doing it with a free woman".

So I should forget about a narration that has known narrators, and corroboration to accept a narration with an unknown narrator?! And you are asking me to be sincere?!

Bro, there are authentic narrations from others that states categorically that Prophet (SAW) prohibited mut'ah! And where did Umar offer Amr alternatives?! And tell me why I should accept Imama Ibn Hazm's claim when it contradicts authentic reports of prohibition?!

The narration you brought without reference is graded what and by who?!

AlBaqir:

# There are lots of philosophical questions you keep on evading tendering excuses over excuses. Islam is not about "text" alone, your Aql need to come along. And since you have buried your Aql, there is no use continuing with you.

What philosophical questions?! You bring your speculations and assumptions and you want to pass that as being academic and intellectual?! You cherry-pick narrations and quickly claim that narrations which are not inline with your argument are fabrications, and you do not think that your aql has long been buried in your prejudices?!

Abeg talk another story!

AlBaqir:

# Case of Ibn Abbas will continue to hunt you. Whether with or without necessity, he continue to affirm MUT'AH after being challenge by an "uncouth fellow".
You cannot deny the fact thar Ibn Abbas(ra) never did mut'ah himself after being challenged, and he considered it like eating PORK! We all know pork is HARAM!

AlBaqir:

# Please stop tendering that silly " ignorance" excuse. MUT'AH was practised for around 10 years by sahabah after the demise of Nabi yet you are saying it was out of ignorance! Can't you hear yourself.

* Under the watch of Abubakr and Umar only for the later to ban it because of Amr's case. Yet you are saying "out of ignorance"?!

* How is it possible that Abubakr, Umar, Asma bint Abi Bakr al-Siddiq, Jabir b. ‘Abd Allah, Ibn Mas’ud, Ibn ‘Abbas, Mu’awiyah b. Abi Sufyan, ‘Amr b. Ḥurayth, Abu Sa'id al-Khudri, and Salamah and Ma’bad – sons of Umayyah b. Khalaf, all never took the alleged prohibition at three different occasions into any consideration? Hahaha...!
Continue, Don't you have a narration that would even state that Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali did mut'ah?! Ignorance still is an excuse, Asma bint Abi Bakr Al Siddq never did mut'ah, I had presented the refutation on that in another thread I had presented the link here, You couldn't give us the time Muhawiyyah did his mut'ah, Ibn Abbas himself never did mut'ah and he considered it like eating PORK, Amr Ibn Hurayth was ignorant of the prohibition because he never argued, and lived several years after the incidence and never did mut'ah again! One of the sons of Umayyah bin Khalaf was also a drunkard and eventually left Islam, I guess drinking is also permissible abi?! Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri didn't say mut'ah was permissible after the death of the Prophet (SAW), and there is no record he did mut'ah after it was banned by the Prophet (SAW).

AlBaqir:

# I've known you never to be sincere to yourself when it comes to dialogue like this.
You should ask yourself what is to be gained in your continuous support for mut'ah, what is the reward for it?! You have authentic narrations stating that the Prophet (SAW) prohibited it, even in your shi'ah books, there are narrations from your infallible Imams using derogatory words for it, yet you are adamant on it, tell us what is in it for you guys promoting an act with zero spirituality but many baggage?!

I as a Muslim, I have authentic words of the Prophet to tell Allah (SWT) why I say that mut'ah is haram, what do you have?! Philosophical questions?! Your aql suggesting that the narrations are fabricated?! Your assumptions and speculations that why didn't some sahabah heard the prohibition?

Now you be sincere with yourself!
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by sino(m): 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2017
AlBaqir:

# No one ask you for all those Tahrif. You are the one that brought what is not needed in trying to absolve Amr. You suggested "the slave is his", because there is no case in "sex with your slave".

# So, thank God for once you dropped your adamancy and accept Amr did MUT'AH with a slave girl and impregnated her.

# So, we are left with the word of Umar, "why not other than her"?

* In my view, that means Umar saw nothing wrong with MUT'AH so long you do it right i. e not take advantage of e.g a slave. What do you infer from the word of Umar?

Ask questions if you do not understand my posts. I asked you if the slave girl was his, which proved why the case was heard in the first instance. Since the slave girl has a master, Amr had no right to go into any relationship with her except through her master. The slave got pregnant, and had to be interrogated.

I never denied Amr did mut'ah, I challenged you to bring Amr's defense for doing mut'ah, and did he argue against Umar (ra)?! And did he continued to practice mut'ah afterwards?!

And Umar asking the question does not mean he sanctioned mut'ah aba! This is how you jump to conclusion anyhow. Umar (ra) banned mut'ah based on the sunnah of the Prophet (SAW), he never though it was permissible if done right, if that was his thought, he wouldn't say the Prophet (SAW) prohibited it!
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by sino(m): 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2017
Empiree:
oh I see. Actually I don't think my arguments since the beginning of this thread is about @bold. It is actually and more accurately is in line with points raised in the video i posted.

My argument about muta since the beginning of this thread is about validity and practice of muta AFTER the demise of nabi (saw). I don't think I have raised issue with constraint about muta so far. I raised it when I posted the video.
Okay

Empiree:

if this is what he meant @underlined, I am sorry to disappoint you that he's right PRACTICALLY. I would imagine you would know this?. It is true that that's what Quran said (to stay chase). Thats theory. People can quote quran but when it comes to practical you know that it is not easy. Many would fall into zina. This is the reality. I don't think you viewed screenshots I posted few days ago. The sheikh said zina is everywhere but marriage is delayed. Why don't people fast?. I won't deceive myself. Don't take this to mean albaqir or me are underrating the solutions proferred by Quran and sunnah. Not at all. I'm am saying that majority of people including anti-muta actually commit zina while condemning muta. My argument for validity of muta is that it is not zina. If anyone says it is zina the implication is that you are accusing nabiy (saw) of recommending zina to sahaba at some point. That's why I said all arguments to ridicule muta are not valid except where it is reported he (saw) banned it at khaybar.

First I find your comment strange, saying what Allah (SWT) says is just theory is absurd! Allah (swt) created us and knows us completely, if it isn't in our capacity to be chaste, he wouldn't demand that from us! Why is sex the issue?! What about alcohol?! Gambling?! Are these vices not everywhere?!

What is apparent is that people are commiting zina in the name of mut'ah, mut'ah had been prohibited by the Prophet (SAW), and this was the consensus of the sahabas when Umar (ra) restated the prohibition, none of them countered him!

Empiree:

question I would like to ask you is that what solution do you have for these kids today who are sexually active and actually committing zina everyday? . Please don't tell me they need to fast bcus practically they wont unless you want to deceive yourself.

First mut'ah is never the solution for this, because even during the time it was permitted, it was during expeditions or long travelling. Secondly, Islam had already provided solutions with respect to training our children and living in the society. Early marriage is one of the solution, rather than allow your 15 year old daughter to be sleeping around, why not get her married?!

Empiree:

Anyways, I would like you to watch the video. If it's 44mins but the real concern actually started at around 18mins. I want to know your view. The sheikh said there exist other type of marriage similar to our normal marriage and that even sunni recognizes it with conditions.
I haven't watched the video, I will try to maybe later in the day in sha Allah.

Empiree:

But if u insist there is no alternative marriage, why do Arab sunni invented misyar which also has elements of muta?. Misyar is not even mentioned in the kitab and sunnah.

Let me remind you again that this is not about ignoring ayah of quran you quoted but I'm saying to you practically that most people do not abide by the injunction. They would commit zina. Maybe I should post the video for you to see. Will do that as soon as I get the chance. It says not all sunni ulama considered muta to be zina. The other video I posted says there is other type of marriage designed for specific female to avoid zina.

Remember people, that Quran can not be translated. We can only explain Quran. We should all know that by now.
Once the conditions of Nikkah are met, there is no issue, If the spouses agree to live seperately or that they would wait till after school to live together, that is irrelevant, once the conditions of nikkah are met, then they are married according to the Shar'ah.

Note: Mut'ah is quite different, for the conditions are not the same as Nikkah, the woman is not even called a wife, she has no right except for what she gets during the contract which is to be cheap, cos if it is expensive, then it defeats the purpose, again if she gets pregnant, it is her wahala, nothing binds the man to do anything, and once it is terminated, there is nothing to be given to her. Why people say it is prostitution is because they are similar, you pay for the services, which is sex! Would you like this for your daughter Empiree?!
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by sino(m): 1:19pm On Oct 28, 2017
Empiree:
Now read this. Remember i asked you like twice if there is other form of nikkah besides "conventional marriage" as we know it?. You said nikah is nikah which means there is nothing like mulikayamin or muta etc. Now read this

Misyar now ‘a widespread reality’

“Misyar is widespread because many need to keep their marriages a secret, either due to the objection of the first wife or other family pressures,” Ali Al-Bakr, faculty member at KSU, told a local daily. Getting married in the Kingdom is no longer easy, according to one report, thanks to countless social and economic obstacles, including extortionate dowries, costly wedding extravaganzas and lack of housing.
In a misyar marriage the woman waives some of the rights she would enjoy in a normal marriage. Most misyar brides don’t change their residences but pursue marriage on a visitation basis. Some marriage officials say seven of 10 marriage contracts they conduct are misyar, and in some cases are asked to recommend prospective misyar partners.

http://www.arabnews.com/saudi-arabia/news/642991

Wallahi, mrolai has no case against shi'a. He needs to read this. Why condemn shi'a for holding on to alternative nikkah (mut'ah) while Sunni arabs do the very similar nikkah(misyar)?. See what the excerpt says, and watch sheikh Imran Hosein lecture i posted up there, he said something similar. And i have said the same that this alternative nikkah helps people from falling into zina. Now sino, why didnt saudi uphold kitab and sunnah injunctions which state to be chaste or fast instead of fornication?. Does the nikkah arrangement by Saudi constitutes zina or not?. Remember the reason for misyar in Saudi is bcus of growing cost of marriage to maintain their wife which Quran directly addressed. Why not order people to be chaste instead of giving them "plan B" solution to conventional marriage?

The article states further,

Some people believe that these factors have led to the widespread practice of misyar, which has flexible conditions compared with traditional marriages, as a last resort. “It remains an option, albeit a temporary one, which is, nevertheless, seen as unfair to women in many cases,” said a national.

Now, do you still believe there is no alternative nikkah?. You said marriage is marriage. Traditional marriage mentioned in this article refers to conventional marriage i have been talking about. Evidently, if Saudi did not employ this tactic, ,millions of their women would not be married bcus men can simply not afford the responsibilities. This is very similar to what the video said.

Functions of Misyra and Muta are the same. نقطة

And, please don't forget to read comments below the article grin cheesy

This is one of the comments. I can't stop laughing grin grin cheesy cheesy

Remember you made fun of albaqir earlier, what's the difference now cheesy

[b][/b]

Of course there is no alternative Nikkah! Misyar was not prescribed by the Prophet (SAW) nor can it be found in the Qur'an. Be that as it may, the most important thing for a Nikkah to be sanctioned in the Shari'ah is that it must comply with the conditions, and it must not be temporary. If a nikkah had been performed, and the conditions are met, then it is Nikkah.

Empiree:

Definitely, this would be strange to me too if I am in that region cheesy

Exactly what Saudi is doing in times of Hajj. I remembered my sister-in-law went for Umra this year and she was issued certificate of marriage to another man. But my brother to whom she is married to (was not with her) rejected the idea. So i don't get the idea of condemning shi'a now. Mrolai, over to you

I don't think it is Saudi that is doing this, confirm your information properly. What I know is like in Nigeria, because saudi doesn't allow a woman to travel alone for hajj except with a mahrahm, the hajj agency here starts fixing people together so as to make these women travel for hajj.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by AlBaqir(m): 2:29pm On Oct 28, 2017
sino:

"The narration is authentic, even though Aban bin Abdullah bin Abi Hazim was weakened by some, one finds that he was deemed trustworthy by Yahya bin Ma’een, Imam Ahmad, and Ibn Numair. Ibn Adi adds that he did not find any munkar traditions from Aban. See Tahtheeb Al-Tahtheeb 1/54.

Yet, even if one were to accept the criticism of Ibn Hibban, who weakened him for relating uncorroborated traditions, we find that the narration by Omar is corroborated by Ali, Ibn Omar, Sabra, and Salama. Thus, to treat this report as an uncorroborated tradition is unjust."
Source

# That's a rookie work there. You don't corroborate a munkar or highly controversial Hadith narrator like that.

# For a start, it was not only Ibn Hibban that accused Aban as your web also affirmed @underline.

# Sino, be attentive and let us explain to you and that website. This is it:

1. Hadith of Umar that he stood up on the minbar and declared Nabi prohibited MUT'AH 3 times. This context is where Aban, our highly controversial figure comes.

NB: For that Hadith in its context to have any usefulness, we need another Hadith of the same context or very similar context without Aban in the chain whereby the new that will come in will be shahid (witness). That is how you corroborate and that is the only way the first Hadith where Aban appeared could become hasan.

2. Ali never reported the context of "Umar climbed minbar and ....". Rather, Hadith of Ali are of two types:

A. That Nabi prohibited MUT'AH at KHAYBAR. This is the ONLY prohibition seemed known to Ali. Not at Fat'h Makkah and Hajj al-wada, the other 2 places/times.

B. That, "Had Umar not banned MUT'AH, only a wretched person would have commit Zina".

# In short, none of the two ahadith corroborate the context of Hadith attributed to Umar.

3. Ibn Umar: He only mentioned that Umar promised to punish whoever practice MUT'AH. Not that, " Umar stood up on the minbar and declare Allah's messenger prohibited MUT'AH 3 times..."

4. Hadith of Sabrah: This is entirely another "prohibition at Fat'h Makkah". It has nothing to do with Umar's Hadith. Sabrah neither mentioned Khaybar nor Hajj al-Wada, the other two places/times.

So, we are dealing with different sort of ahadith here in different contexts. So, again, the Hadith where Aban appeared is not corroborated by any sahih Hadith.

# Lastly, let me give you Hadith that seems to have corroborated it.

Imam al-Bayhaqi (d. 458H) documents:

Abū Muḥammad ‘Abd Allāh b. Yūsuf al-Aṣbahānī – Abū Muḥammad ‘Abd al-Raḥman b. Yaḥyā al-Zuhrī al-Qāḍī – Muḥammad b. Ismā’īl al-Ṣāigh – Abū Khālid al-Umawī – Manṣūr b. Dīnār – ‘Umar b. Muḥammad – Sālim b. ‘Abd Allāh – his father – ‘Umar b. al-Khaṭṭāb, may Allāh be pleased with him:

‘Umar climbed the pulpit, and thanked Allāh and extolled Him. Then, he said, “What is the problem of men who are contracting the nikāḥ of this mut’ah despite that the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, had forbidden it? Take note: if anyone who has contracted its nikāḥ is brought to me, I will stone him.”

Source: Abū Bakr Aḥmad b. al-Ḥusayn b. ‘Alī b. Mūsā al-Bayhaqī, Sunan al-Bayhaqī al-Kubrā (Makkah al-Mukarramah: Maktabah Dār al-Bāz; 1414 H) [annotator: Muḥammad ‘Abd al-Qādir ‘Aṭā], vol. 7, p. 206, # 13949

* Looking at the matn (context) of this Hadith, it is very similar to that of Ibn Majah that Aban appeared. And the Hadith chain does not contain the suspected Aban, therefore, IF all the narrators meet the criteria, then it will be a "corroborating Hadith" for the first. That is how you corroborate in this aspect.

# Unfortunately, the Hadith too is DA'EEF. None of them is of no use.

# In sha Allah, my next post will consider all the Sunni ahadith of prohibition at those three occasions.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by AlBaqir(m): 2:53pm On Oct 28, 2017
^^^^
# Sino, let me give you another similar case which no one in the Hadith science dare to use.

1. Hadith which says, "I left two things...book of Allah and my Sunnah..."

* The Hadith is daeef due to one or two narrators in its chains.

Now, should we say because we have following ahadith, it corroborate the daeef Hadith above:

2. Sahih Bukhari, "I have left Quran..."

3. Ibn Majah, Abu Dawud, "follow my Sunnah and the Sunnah of Khulafah..."

# In hadith sciences, 2 & 3 can never corroborate 1 to the extent of making it acceptable. That is what your website just did.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 5:31pm On Oct 28, 2017
sino:

Of course there is no alternative Nikkah! Misyar was not prescribed by the Prophet (SAW) nor can it be found in the Qur'an. Be that as it may, the most important thing for a Nikkah to be sanctioned in the Shari'ah is that it must comply with the conditions, and it must not be temporary. If a nikkah had been performed, and the conditions are met, then it is Nikkah.
both muta and misyar meet these conditions of nikkah. The only clause is TEMP. The TEMP aspect is not included in sheikh iman's lecture. He only said for widows and women who are not able to get married to be able to, or for men who can not afford full responsibilities of traditional nikkah, will be able to marry these women but those women would not have all the rights of wife status. Such women have lower status unlike traditional nikkah where Quran emphasizes equally maintenance of wives. He made no mentioned of mutah, temporary or misyar. The discriptions of this alternative nikkah is what I makes sense. He called it mulikatuyamin.

And I read you up there that there is no more slave or slavery which brought about mulikatuyam in in the first place. Really bro?. Every ayah of Quran will continue to function till Qiyama. The form of slavery which existed those days is indeed receding and actually it is illegal but it is still exist somehow. But that's not the point. The point is another form of slavery which prompts mulikatuyamin in out time is FINANCIAL GUATANAMO. That's, monetary system which incapacitated many today. As the article suggested, it becomes difficult for people to marry due to exorbitant conditions attached. Same thing in the West, many boys and men scared to marry due to divorce law and the cost of maintenance. Divorce law screws up men. That's why marriages no longer last. That's why these girls are on the streets selling themselves and the govt don't have clue how to solve it. So the sheikh insists that Islam has solution for it which is mulikatuyamin which scholars of Islam said no longer exist bcus "there is no slavery".

I don't think it is Saudi that is doing this, confirm your information properly. What I know is like in Nigeria, because saudi doesn't allow a woman to travel alone for hajj except with a mahrahm, the hajj agency here starts fixing people together so as to make these women travel for hajj.
I have no clue with nija but this lady in question is American.

So my point is, what shia are doing is to retain this tradition of alternative nikkah similar to mulikatuyamin. But I'm still looking for correlation btw the two which albaqir missed to respond to. It is the same saudi authority now trying to upholds due to the condition on the ground.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
sino:
First I find your comment strange, saying what Allah (SWT) says is just theory is absurd! Allah (swt) created us and knows us completely, if it isn't in our capacity to be chaste, he wouldn't demand that from us! Why is sex the issue?! What about alcohol?! Gambling?! Are these vices not everywhere?!
perhaps you misunderstood this?. I meant it is like readin text but when it comes to practical aspect, it becomes difficult. For instance, in sura Isra, Allah forbids zina. No muslim preachers, scholars, dai'i etc would preach legality of zina. They all gonna say 'zina is haram'. This is theory. But practically, is it not easy. If you are alone with a beautiful woman where there is no third party, you will forget about Quran ans sunnah really quick. So bottomline is, it is easily said than done. Thats my point.

What is apparent is that people are committing zina in the name of mut'ah,
Ibo ni e fi oruko si tele ti e n je sino shocked Isnt this what i have been trying to say or perhaps, what albaqir tried to say before before.

mut'ah had been prohibited by the Prophet (SAW), and this was the consensus of the sahabas when Umar (ra) restated the prohibition, none of them countered him!
I will tell later why this prohibition is not till Qiyamah in my subsequent post but you don't have to agree

First mut'ah is never the solution for this, because even during the time it was permitted, it was during expeditions or long travelling. Secondly, Islam had already provided solutions with respect to training our children and living in the society. Early marriage is one of the solution, rather than allow your 15 year old daughter to be sleeping around, why not get her married?!
I dont have problems with this, and muta is not optional to begin with. Early marriage or not does not guarantee divorce free marriage. Let me ask you this perhaps, you may have a clue. What is the difference btw Nikah mut'ah and mulikatul yamin?

Note: Mut'ah is quite different, for the conditions are not the same as Nikkah, the woman is not even called a wife, she has no right except for what she gets during the contract which is to be cheap, cos if it is expensive, then it defeats the purpose, again if she gets pregnant, it is her wahala, nothing binds the man to do anything, and once it is terminated, there is nothing to be given to her. Why people say it is prostitution is because they are similar, you pay for the services, which is sex! Would you like this for your daughter Empir.ee?!
you raised good point @bold. But underlined, no it doesnt bcus thats backed up by the Quran somehow. I will tell you in my subsequent post later in sha Allah or when you watch the video, it answers this. See, this last paragraph is answered in that lecture as well plus this attached 16 mins video answers @blue bold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCGg1aK91Yc&t=19s
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by sino(m): 10:07am On Oct 29, 2017
AlBaqir:

# That's a rookie work there. You don't corroborate a munkar or highly controversial Hadith narrator like that.

# For a start, it was not only Ibn Hibban that accused Aban as your web also affirmed @underline.

# Sino, be attentive and let us explain to you and that website. This is it:

1. Hadith of Umar that he stood up on the minbar and declared Nabi prohibited MUT'AH 3 times. This context is where Aban, our highly controversial figure comes.

NB: For that Hadith in its context to have any usefulness, we need another Hadith of the same context or very similar context without Aban in the chain whereby the new that will come in will be shahid (witness). That is how you corroborate and that is the only way the first Hadith where Aban appeared could become hasan.

2. Ali never reported the context of "Umar climbed minbar and ....". Rather, Hadith of Ali are of two types:

A. That Nabi prohibited MUT'AH at KHAYBAR. This is the ONLY prohibition seemed known to Ali. Not at Fat'h Makkah and Hajj al-wada, the other 2 places/times.

B. That, "Had Umar not banned MUT'AH, only a wretched person would have commit Zina".

# In short, none of the two ahadith corroborate the context of Hadith attributed to Umar.

3. Ibn Umar: He only mentioned that Umar promised to punish whoever practice MUT'AH. Not that, " Umar stood up on the minbar and declare Allah's messenger prohibited MUT'AH 3 times..."

4. Hadith of Sabrah: This is entirely another "prohibition at Fat'h Makkah". It has nothing to do with Umar's Hadith. Sabrah neither mentioned Khaybar nor Hajj al-Wada, the other two places/times.

So, we are dealing with different sort of ahadith here in different contexts. So, again, the Hadith where Aban appeared is not corroborated by any sahih Hadith.

# Lastly, let me give you Hadith that seems to have corroborated it.

Imam al-Bayhaqi (d. 458H) documents:

Abū Muḥammad ‘Abd Allāh b. Yūsuf al-Aṣbahānī – Abū Muḥammad ‘Abd al-Raḥman b. Yaḥyā al-Zuhrī al-Qāḍī – Muḥammad b. Ismā’īl al-Ṣāigh – Abū Khālid al-Umawī – Manṣūr b. Dīnār – ‘Umar b. Muḥammad – Sālim b. ‘Abd Allāh – his father – ‘Umar b. al-Khaṭṭāb, may Allāh be pleased with him:

‘Umar climbed the pulpit, and thanked Allāh and extolled Him. Then, he said, “What is the problem of men who are contracting the nikāḥ of this mut’ah despite that the Messenger of Allāh, peace be upon him, had forbidden it? Take note: if anyone who has contracted its nikāḥ is brought to me, I will stone him.”

Source: Abū Bakr Aḥmad b. al-Ḥusayn b. ‘Alī b. Mūsā al-Bayhaqī, Sunan al-Bayhaqī al-Kubrā (Makkah al-Mukarramah: Maktabah Dār al-Bāz; 1414 H) [annotator: Muḥammad ‘Abd al-Qādir ‘Aṭā], vol. 7, p. 206, # 13949

* Looking at the matn (context) of this Hadith, it is very similar to that of Ibn Majah that Aban appeared. And the Hadith chain does not contain the suspected Aban, therefore, IF all the narrators meet the criteria, then it will be a "corroborating Hadith" for the first. That is how you corroborate in this aspect.

# Unfortunately, the Hadith too is DA'EEF. None of them is of no use.

# In sha Allah, my next post will consider all the Sunni ahadith of prohibition at those three occasions.

Please who is teaching you mustalahu-l-hadith?! If you paid for the lesson, please go get a refund!

You have tried to claim that the hadith is weak due to Aban, due to him being disparaged by some, but you quickly overlooked those who said he is trustworthy and no munkar narration can be traced to him...Yet you claim you are being sincere and using your aql?!

Secondly, where do you get the above that the context must be the same for it to be corroborated?! Na wa o! Which book did you get that from or which hadith scholar said so?! Please bring your proofs and not this your armchair opinions!

Here is what is said about hasan li gayhrihi:

"Several weak ahadith may mutually support each other to the level of hasan According to the definitions of al-Tirmidhi and Ibn al-Salah, a number of similar weak ahadith on a particular issue can be raised to the degree of hasan if the weakness found in their reporters is of a mild nature. Such a hadith is known as hasan li ghairihi (hasan due to others), to distinguish it from the type previously-discussed, which is hasan li dhatihi (hasan in itself). Similarly, several hasan ahadith on the same subject may make the hadith sahih li ghairihi, to be distinguished from the previously-discussed sahih li dhatihi.

However, in case the weakness is severe (e.g., the reporter is accused of lying or the hadith is itself shadhdh), such very weak ahadith will not support each other and will remain weak. For example, the well-known hadith, "He who preserves forty ahadith for my Ummah will be raised by Allah on the Day of Resurrection among the men of understanding", has been declared to be da'if by most of the traditionists, although it is reported through several routes" (An Introduction to the Science of Hadith by Suhaib Hassan, Al-Quran Society, London pp. 29)

"When a Hadith is reported with a weak chain, but has the support of another suitable chain or other texts on the same topic, it can be rightfully judged as sound (hasan lighayrihi)." (See Muqaddimah Ibnus Salah, Sharh Nukhbah and Tadribur Rawi, vol.3 pg.72-75.)

I'll also recommend you read Al-Hadith Al-Hassan li Dhaatihi wa li Ghairihi by Khalid Duraish from page 2083.

By the way, the weakness you are claiming for Aban cannot be used as the basis for discarding the narration, since there are other reports about him being trustworthy and refutation of him narrating munkar hadiths, that alone is enough to grade the hadith hassan even your favourite website Sunnah.com, the hadith was graded hassan by Darussalam!

So we go to the hadith in question,

Ibn Umar (ra) said that when Omar ibn Khattab (ra) became the Caliph he addressed the people and said: Verily, Allaah's Messenger (SAW) granted us the permission of temporary marriage three times. Then he declared it unlawful. By Allaah! I do not know any one contracting a temporary marriage while he is fortified by wedlock, but I shall stone him to death except that he presents four men who bear testimony that Allaah's messenger (SAW) made it lawful after he had made it unlawful.

The topic or the theme of the above narration is the prohibition of mut'ah by the Prophet (SAW), and secondarily, Umar (ra), banning mut'ah, based on the prohibition of the Prophet (SAW) AND NOT UMAR CLIMBING THE PULPIT. The Question is, did this narration go against any other narration with authentic chain?! The answer is NO! DO we have authentic narrations that states that the Prophet (SAW) prohibited mut'ah?! YES! Do we have authentic narrations that states that Umar banned mut'ah based on the Prophet's prohibition?! YES!

Thirdly, weak hadiths are not discarded, they are not fabrications, even though they can not be used solely to derive rulings, they are used in other ways such as in biographies etc. Hence, if you are adamant that this narration is weak, then it doesn't remove the fact that we have other authentic narrations stating that the Prophet (SAW) prohibited mut'ah!

By the way Albaqir, who graded the hadith weak?!
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2017
sino:
Thirdly, weak hadiths are not discarded, they are not fabrications, even though they can not be used solely to derive rulings, they are used in other ways such as in biographies etc.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by AlBaqir(m): 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2017
sino:

You have tried to claim that the hadith is weak due to Aban, due to him being disparaged by some, [u]but you quickly overlooked those who said he is trustworthy and no munkar narration can be traced to him...Yet you claim you are being sincere and using your aql?!

There is two roads here:

# You and the website adhered to those who accepted Aban as trustworthy with no weakness.

# I adhered to those who said Aban was severe in memory problem and was a munkar Hadith.

So, this is 50-50. This is what the website sensed before bringing that rookie explanation which unfortunately you don't understand. Alhamdulillah you killed yourself with double barrel.

Here you are below:

sino:

Secondly, where do you get the above that the context must be the same for it to be corroborated?!

* For a fact, I said the context must be the same or very similar to it.

* Now here's what you copy-pasted:
sino:

"When a Hadith is reported with a weak chain, [b]but has the support of another suitable chain or other texts on the same topic, it can be rightfully judged as sound (hasan lighayrihi)[/b]." (See Muqaddimah Ibnus Salah, Sharh Nukhbah and Tadribur Rawi, vol.3 pg.72-75.)

# What is the topic?

1. Umar banned MUT'AH on the Minbar claiming Allah's messenger BANNED it THREE TIMES. And whoever did MUT'AH, I will (Umar said) stone him.

That is our context.

Following are what you brought:

A. Ali: Prophet banned MUT'AH at Khaybar

B. Sabrah: Prophet banned MUT'AH at Fat'h Makkah/Hajj al-wada

NB: Sunni data confirmed the "banning at Hajj al-wada" was actually Fat'h Makkah, and that it was a mistake by the reporter to label it as "hajj al-wada. You (sino) had once brought this excuse before. Hope you remember.

So, how does that fits in into Umar's context?
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by AlBaqir(m): 12:43pm On Oct 29, 2017
AlBaqir:
^^^^
# Sino, let me give you another similar case which no one in the Hadith science dare to use.

1. Hadith which says, "I left two things...book of Allah and my Sunnah..."

* The Hadith is daeef due to one or two narrators in its chains.

Now, should we say because we have following ahadith, it corroborate the daeef Hadith above:

2. Sahih Bukhari, "I have left Quran..."

3. Ibn Majah, Abu Dawud, "follow my Sunnah and the Sunnah of Khulafah..."

# In hadith sciences, 2 & 3 can never corroborate 1 to the extent of making it acceptable. That is what your website just did.

The above is the best scenario.

# Kindly tell us, sino, who graded the Hadith of "Kitab Allah Wa sunnati" as Hasan using the abovementioned processes?
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by AlBaqir(m): 1:06pm On Oct 29, 2017
sino:

The topic or the theme of the above narration is the prohibition of mut'ah by the Prophet (SAW), and secondarily, Umar (ra), banning mut'ah, based on the prohibition of the Prophet (SAW) AND NOT UMAR CLIMBING THE PULPIT. The Question is, did this narration go against any other narration with authentic chain?! The answer is NO! DO we have authentic narrations that states that the Prophet (SAW) prohibited mut'ah?! YES! Do we have authentic narrations that states that Umar banned mut'ah based on the Prophet's prohibition?! YES!

# Sino, the theme of Umar's Hadith was that Prophet banned MUT'AH THREE TIMES.

Unfortunately, there was no "third" the moment you argued that "Fat'h Makkah" was the same thing as "hajj wada".

# Ali's other Hadith is yet a big thorn on your throat, " Had Umar not banned MUT'AH, none would have commit Zina except wretched. "

* We should ask Ali in your book: was it the Prophet that banned MUT'AH at Khaybar ni or was it Umar that banned it?

* So, to Ali, is MUT'AH allowed or Prophet had banned it at Khaybar?

* And obviously Ali had no knowledge of "banning at either Fat'h Makkah or hajj al-wada".

# You can see long list of problems with your Hadith and it's various attributions.

sino:

Thirdly, weak hadiths are not discarded, they are not fabrications, even though they can not be used solely to derive rulings, they are used in other ways such as in biographies etc. Hence, if you are adamant that this narration is weak, then it doesn't remove the fact that we have other authentic narrations stating that the Prophet (SAW) prohibited mut'ah!

@ Bold,

# The fact that Ahlu Sunnah are adamant that all their ahadith on Mut'ah prohibitions are authentic, therefore Prophet banned it, Shi'a's best argument against Ahlu Sunnah is the Qur'an, the verse of Mut'ah.

* Hadith do not negate verse(s) of the Qur'an. Therefore, all your so-called sahih Hadith are nothing but myth.

* OUR SUBMISSION: Abdullah Ibn Abbas, Ubai Ibn Kaab, Ibn Mas'ud among the sahabah, all submitted that Q.4:24, in fact not all verse 24 but a section of it, was a verse on its own that was revealed on MUT'AH.

* FACT: No sahabah is documented having contrary opinion to what Ibn Abbas, Ubai, and Ibn Mas'ud said.

NB: 1 - The fact that there are records of several Tabi'ieen that also argued that the verse was about MUT'AH, there are few who argued it is not. Likewise Sunni scholars: some believed the verse was on MUT'AH, and some argued it was not. The point is according to Sunni belief system itself, both Tabi'ieen and later scholars are lower on the food chain compare to sahabah

NB: 2 - Your best argument to prove that the ayah is not talking about MUT'AH was this:
sino:

Abu Jafar the further added, “and what was related by Abba ibn K’ab, and Ibn Abbas, in their recitation with addition of “for a fixed time”, this is contrary to what is present in the Qur’an of the Muslims, and it is not appropriate for anyone to add into Allah’s book a thing which has no convincing report which there can be no excuse in going against.
www.nairaland.com/1946601/wont-stop-opposing-sunnah-mutah/2

# So, apart from the fact that Ibn Abbas and Ubai Ibn Kaab revealed that the verse is MUT'AH revealed, they both used to recite it with a phrase, "FOR A FIXED PERIOD". Unfortunately, we do not find this in the present Qur'an.

* Was Ibn Abbas and Ubai Ibn Kaab lying?

* Were they saying Tahrif happened in the Qur'an even when Ibn Abbas especially was confronted by a tabi that such phrase is not being recited by them, yet Ibn Abbas sworn Allah revealed it with those phrase?

# My submission is in sahih Bukhari where we read that Jubril revealed Qur'an in 7 different styles. In fact, Umar was confused about one of these seven styles that he dragged a fellow Sahabi to the Prophet and presented the case. According to the Hadith, Prophet confirmed both - recitation style of Umar, and different recitation style of the other sahabah.

Sources:
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/66/13
https://sunnah.com/bukhari/66/14

So, Abu Ja'far was wrong, Ibn Abbas was right otherwise the later will be tagged a liar against Allah.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 1:53pm On Oct 29, 2017
AlBaqir:
# Ali's other Hadith is yet a big thorn on your throat, " Had Umar not banned MUT'AH, none would have commit Zina except wretched. "

* Hadith do not negate verse(s) of the Qur'an. Therefore, all your so-called sahih Hadith are nothing but myth.

Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 3:39pm On Oct 29, 2017
At first, myself didn't see how the ayah 24 was revealed about "Muta'h marriage". I understood it differently to mean dowry given to ones wife. Upon further research shows that even Sahaba and the imams had diverse opinion as to whether it was revealed about muta'h or not.

I was going to make my conclusion on muta'h today before reading your last post. I have also came across a short article confirming the ayah was revealed about mutah. The thing is, as said ulama, that if there is a diversity on a topic on Islam, it should never be a cause schism amongst muslims to the point of the approach of mrolai for instance.

It is not fair to ask albaqir to defend agency in Iran that is handling mutah or to hold him responsible for what any agency handling muta'h marriage in Iran is doing because he's not Iranian or Iranian citizen. He should be asked to defend text. That's is his limit. I was going to ask him about how it is practiced there if he supports it, especially a comment I posted by a guy who claimed he married for a week? . But I realized that it isn't fair unless albaqir would shed light?. Here is the guy's comment again.

Misyar marriage is similar to Muta marriage which is practiced in Iran. I went there in April and was offered a temporary wife for week. I wasn't sure of this was permitted. So their scholar showed me evidence that temporary marriages were allowed by the Prophet. I phoned home to ask Sheikh Qaradawi. He said yes Muta marriages were done but later stopped. Anyway, I was in the mood. So I did it to the pretty Iranian lady. She was a widowed aged 32. She was very lovely. I got photo of her on my Facebook. The divorce was automatic after 7 days. I paid her 400 dollars marriage gift. No strings attached. It was so easy. Hassle free.

So I'm against this practice bcus, in the context of the ayah, it has to do with certain types of women (call them slaves if you like) but the lady this guy was 'married' to for a week isn't in my view. I believe she is free woman and should marry instead. besides, ,most men can go a week without the need for this

Walahu alam
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2017
The Ayah 24 in sura Nisai has been used by islamophobes to criticise islam of allowing raping women but this is not the case at all. Here is a little break down of the preceding phrase leading to the issue if 'mut'ah

Forbidding Women Already Married Except for Female Slaves

Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala said,

وَالْمُحْصَنَـتُ مِنَ النِّسَآءِ إِلاَّ مَا مَلَكْتَ أَيْمَـنُكُمْ

“Also (forbidden are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess.”The Ayah means, you are prohibited from marrying women who are already married,

إِلاَّ مَا مَلَكْتَ أَيْمَـنُكُمْ

“except those whom your right hands possess” except those whom you acquire through war, for you are allowed such women after making sure they are not pregnant. Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri said, “We captured some women from the area of Awtas who were already married, and we disliked having sexual relations with them because they already had husbands. So, we asked the Prophet about this matter, and this Ayah was revealed,

وَالْمُحْصَنَـتُ مِنَ النِّسَآءِ إِلاَّ مَا مَلَكْتَ أَيْمَـنُكُمْ

Consequently, we had sexual relations with these women.” This is the wording collected by At-Tirmidhi An-Nasa’i, Ibn Jarir and Muslim in his Sahih. Allah’s statement,

كِتَـبَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ

“Thus has Allah ordained for you” means, this prohibition was ordained for you by Allah. Therefore, adhere to Allah’s Book, do not transgress His set limits, and adhere to His legislation and decrees.

The Permission to Marry All Other Women

Allah subhaanhu wa ta’ala said,

وَأُحِلَّ لَكُمْ مَّا وَرَاءَ ذَلِكُمْ

“All others are lawful” meaning, you are allowed to marry women other than the prohibited types mentioned here, as `Ata’ and others have stated. Allah’s statement,

أَن تَبْتَغُواْ بِأَمْوَلِكُمْ مُّحْصِنِينَ غَيْرَ مُسَـفِحِينَ

“provided you seek them (with a dowry) from your property, desiring chastity, not fornication,” meaning, you are allowed to use your money to marry up to four wives and for (the purchase of) as many female slaves as you like, all through legal means,

مُّحْصِنِينَ غَيْرَ مُسَـفِحِينَ

“(desiring) chastity, not fornication.” Allah’s statement,

فَمَا اسْتَمْتَعْتُمْ بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ فَـَاتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ فَرِيضَةً

“So with those among them whom you have enjoyed, give them their required due,” means, to enjoy them sexually, surrender to them their rightful dowry as compensation.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2017
Prohibiting the Mut’ah of Marriage

Mujahid stated that,

“So with those among them whom you have enjoyed, give them their required due,” was revealed about the Mut'ah marriage. A Mut'ah marriage is a marriage that ends upon a predetermined date.

In the Two Sahihs, it is recorded that the Leader of the Faithful `Ali bin Abi Talib said, “The Messenger of Allah prohibited Mut`ah marriage and eating the meat of domesticated donkeys on the day of Khaybar (battle).” In addition, in his Sahih, Muslim recorded that Ar-Rabi` bin Sabrah bin Ma`bad Al-Juhani said that his father said that he accompanied the Messenger of Allah during the conquest of Makkah, and that the Prophet said,

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنِّي كُنْتُ أَذِنْتُ لَكُمْ فِي الاسْتِمْتَاعِ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ، وَإنَّ اللهَ قَدْ حَرَّمَ ذَلِكَ إِلى يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ، فَمَنْ كَانَ عِنَدَهُ مِنْهُنَّ شَيْءٌ فَلْيُخَلِّ سَبِيلَهُ، وَلَا تَأْخُذُوا مِمَّا آتَيْتُمُوهُنَّ شيئًا

“O people! I allowed you the Mut`ah marriage with women before. Now, Allah has prohibited it until the Day of Resurrection. Therefore, anyone who has any women in Mut`ah, let him let them go, and do not take anything from what you have given them.” Allah’s statement,

وَلاَ جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُمْ بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ

“but if you agree mutually (to give more) after the requirement (has been determined), there is no sin on you.” is similar to His other statement,

وَءَاتُواْ النِّسَآءَ صَدُقَـتِهِنَّ نِحْلَةً

“And give to the women their dowry with a good heart.” The meaning of these Ayat is: If you have stipulated a dowry for her, and she later forfeits it, either totally or partially, then this bears no harm on you or her in this case. Ibn Jarir said, “Al-Hadrami said that some men would designate a certain dowry, but then fall into financial difficulties. Therefore, Allah said that there is no harm on you, O people, concerning your mutual agreement after the requirement (has been determined).” meaning, if she gives up part of the dowry, then you men are allowed to accept that. Allah’s statement,

إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيماً حَكِيماً

“Surely, Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise.” is suitable here, after Allah mentioned these prohibitions.

BTW, this is critical subject for our sisters but where are they?. They should be here to contribute their views on this like ayinba1, sissie, etc.

Anyways, this ayah has nothing to do with rape. This verse is being horribly abused by the haters of Islam. They say Islam allows raping!

[b]"[/b]What does holding with right hand really mean? My understanding is the woman is a war captive and her husband is NOT captivated, You take care of her and she is completely depending on you. If the woman is captivated with her husband the marriage continues.
Under any conditions this verse makes a correction of the pre-Islamic habit! The verse in my opinion is crystal clear. You are not allowed to touch the captive woman unless you marry her. The marriage has to be mutually agreed on, you must pay her dowers, give her gifts, you must be sincere and not chasing your lust. Is not this exactly the opposite of raping?. Islamophobics use a hadith from abu dawud to justify themselves. The hadith is translated as “in the presence of their husbands” these words are not in the original text! The hadith is not even 100% sahih. And the verse is being revealed after the incident and correcting the muslims. This is how I see it. Could somebody please look into this and make a detailed explanation?"

Underlined is what Sheikh Imran is talking about but he shies away from using "slave women".
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2017
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2017
Ssthorm:

Ok i hear u oo.. bt no b tday, e don tey...!! Make God jst help us.

Perhaps, you should be in this thread to contribute This is for women so you should know your rights sad

1 Like

Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by AlBaqir(m): 4:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
Empiree:
Prohibiting the Mut’ah of Marriage

Mujahid stated that,

“So with those among them whom you have enjoyed, give them their required due,” was revealed about the Mut'ah marriage. A Mut'ah marriage is a marriage that ends upon a predetermined date.

# Your post is Tafsir Ibn Kathir English abridged version.

FIRST: Again, I haven't seen a single Hadith which says any Sahabi had a contrary opinion of what Ibn Abbas, Ubai Ibn kaab and Ibn Mas'ud submitted that the verse above was revealed about MUT'AH. If you do, kindly share it so that we put it against those who said it is for MUT'AH.

SECOND: From among the Tabi'ieen as quoted in that abridged Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Mujahid is also of the opinion. Ibn Kathir did documented more apart from Mujahid. He listed Sa'id Ibn Jubayr, al-Suddi. Sunni ulama are divided, some accepted the verse MUT'AH revealed, others say no.

# In Sunni school, opinion of sahabah have more weight and authentic than Tabi'ieen and later scholars. So, am not concern about the laters.

THIRD: If Sunni agree that the verse is MUT'AH revealed, then how possibly can hadiths (that are even debatable) negate a verse of the Quran? It never and can never and will never happened. Qur'an is crystal clear on abrogation process. So going via Hadith is wasting of time.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2017
AlBaqir:

THIRD: If Sunni agree that the verse is MUT'AH revealed, then how possibly can hadiths (that are even debatable) negate a verse of the Quran? It never and can never and will never happened. Qur'an is crystal clear on abrogation process. So going via Hadith is wasting of time.

Thats why i dont waste my time either. I just wanted to confirm if the ayah was revealed about mut'ah. I do not believe the hadith can abrogate any verse of Quran. This has always been my position. Unfortunately upon research, i realized that there seems to be division over it. IF it was indeed verse of mut'ah the hadith which states that mut'ah was banned till qiyama will have to sit aside for a moment. This is the same with case of rajm.

And then we can move to next step as to whether MUTA"H is what is being practice by iranian agent
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by AlBaqir(m): 5:54pm On Oct 29, 2017
Empiree:
The Ayah 24 in sura Nisai has been used by islamophobes to criticise islam of allowing raping women but this is not the case at all. Here is a little break down of the preceding phrase leading to the issue if 'mut'ah

“Also (forbidden are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess.”The Ayah means, you are prohibited from marrying women who are already married,

إِلاَّ مَا مَلَكْتَ أَيْمَـنُكُمْ

“except those whom your right hands possess” except those whom you acquire through war, for you are allowed such women after making sure they are not pregnant. Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri said, “We captured some women from the area of Awtas who were already married, and we disliked having sexual relations with them because they already had husbands. So, we asked the Prophet about this matter, and this Ayah was revealed,

# Am afraid the above ALLEGED incident was nothing but shameful acts THE WAY IT IS DESCRIBED (having intercourse with them over there at war or captive zone), therefore I want to believe there is MORE to its explanation. The above description is 100% what ISIS and BOKO HARAM are practising. You capture women, killed their husbands or made them slaves, and then sleep with their wives.

# Now come to the issue leaving the Hadith aside for a while, these are MY UNDERSTANDING:

1. "those whom your right hands possess" - there is no debate on this. It refers to the female captives of war whether married or unmarried. In this case, Islam categorised and treat those captives as divorcees or widows therefore, the marriage tie with their husbands is broken. Some of the women are negotiable and return back to where she was captured. Whichever way, the captured woman needs to observe iddah period therefore, having sex with them on the spot of captivity is out of line.

2. Captives/slaves returned with their masters after war. This is where things take dimensions.

A. Islam has abolished slavery therefore they are not to be kept or called as slave.

B. With whatever distribution process, these captives are shared among the Muslims for upkeeps. Therefore, they are referenced as "those whom your right hands possess".

C. Naturally, it is extremely difficult for these kind of women to go into a new environment all alone - No house to live, no work, no money, no nothing. So, it is rational to remain with their bosses. What will become of their lives?

SUNNI is of interpretation that they are still slaves and you can have sex with them as you desire. There are lots of interesting ahadith here apart from the above.

SHI'A is of interpretation that you marry them and treat them right as your wives.

SHEIK IMRAN HUSSEIN SUBMISSION
3. Sheik Imran Hussein took this case of "those whom your right hands possess" into another controversial dimension.

A. For whatever reason I do not know, he did not put "captives" into consideration at all rather, he limit the phrase to "orphans" and extended it to what we have in this modern age in independent women, widows, divorcees, sphincters (earnestly looking for husband).

B. Sheik's theory is you can decided to "marry" such women with a second class conditions (IF SHE AGREES) compare to the full conditions of your "normal" wife(s). He cited an example of financial responsibility (for example if the man is running away from multiple marriage because of financial incapability). He argued you do not need to finance and take full responsibility of her as you do with your "real" wife.

# Truly there are women especially in this age that will definitely take and embrace such offer.

# Apart from the fact that, sheik's theory is absolutely not the outward meaning of the verse, the children born in this sheik's theory, who will be responsible for their upkeeps?

Anyway, I am still studying his submissions under the obligatory rules and regulations of marriage and husband's responsibility.

Wallahu A'lam.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by AlBaqir(m): 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2017
Empiree:
Thats why i dont waste my time either. I just wanted to confirm if the ayah was revealed about mut'ah. I do not believe the hadith can abrogate any verse of Quran. This has always been my position. Unfortunately upon research, i realized that there seems to be division over it. IF it was indeed verse of mut'ah the hadith which states that mut'ah was banned till qiyama will have to sit aside for a moment. This is the same with case of rajm.

# The only division known to me is among the Sunni ulama and probably the Tabi'ieen. I haven't seen sahabah differences on this.

1. The Sunni ulama who argued the verse is mut'ahs based there evidence on Hadith of sahabah and Tabi'ieen

2. Sunni Ulama who argued against based their evidence ONLY on the other Tabi'ieen that argued otherwise.

Yeah, it is somehow like rajm case.

Empiree:

And then we can move to next step as to whether MUTA"H is what is being practice by iranian agent

# While I hate discussing Iranian affairs, I think it is high time to enlist the MUT'AH processes as well stated in Shi'a books of ahadith.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Am afraid the above ALLEGED incident was nothing but shameful acts THE WAY IT IS DESCRIBED (having intercourse with them over there at war or captive zone), therefore I want to believe there is MORE to its explanation. The above description is 100% what ISIS and BOKO HARAM are practising. You capture women, killed their husbands or made them slaves, and then sleep with their wives.
Your opinion. How is it "shameful act". My view is that we talking about war zone here. Their husbands die in war. It doesn't mean they call their husbands in their presence now. It is war zone. As for those crackheads, they can use and misuse the ayah, that's their problem. They are wrong bcuz they are simply causing terror and fitna in the land. Their fight is not legit. So their use of the ayah is irrelevant

# Now come to the issue leaving the Hadith aside for a while, these are MY UNDERSTANDING:

1. "those whom your right hands possess" - there is no debate on this. It refers to the female captives of war whether married or unmarried. In this case, Islam categorised and treat those captives as divorcees or widows therefore, the marriage tie with their husbands is broken. Some of the women are negotiable and return back to where she was captured. Whichever way, the captured woman needs to observe iddah period therefore, having sex with them on the spot of captivity is out of line.
No problem with this

A. Islam has abolished slavery therefore they are not to be kept or called as slave.
Thats right. That's why Sheikh Imran perhaps refused to use SLAVE WOMEN since owing slave legally is now abolished

C. Naturally, it is extremely difficult for these kind of women to go into a new environment all alone - No house to live, no work, no money, no nothing. So, it is rational to remain with their bosses. What will become of their lives?
right

SUNNI is of interpretation that they are still slaves and you can have sex with them as you desire. There are lots of interesting ahadith here apart from the above.
That's Sunni's problem if they chose to be static. As you can see Sheikh Imran moves away from that. Since Quran functions till last day, the ayah is no longer a case of slavery unless for historical context. It needs to be understood in the context of present Age

[b]SHEIK IMRAN HUSSEIN SUBMISSION
3. Sheik Imran Hussein took this case of "those whom your right hands possess" into another controversial dimension.

A. For whatever reason I do not know, he did not put "captives" into consideration at all rather, he limit the phrase to "orphans" and extended it to what we have in this modern age in independent women, widows, divorcees, sphincters (earnestly looking for husband).
Exactly what i m talking about. What's the point of calling them slaves now if slavery was abolished and is illegal now?. I am not saying there aren't slaves somewhere but universally, it is not acceptable in our modern world.

B. Sheik's theory is you can decided to "marry" such women with a second class conditions (IF SHE AGREES) compare to the full conditions of your "normal" wife(s). He cited an example of financial responsibility (for example if the man is running away from multiple marriage because of financial incapability). He argued you do not need to finance and take full responsibility of her as you do with your "real" wife.
This is what i was trying to get your view and sino. So now what's your position on what he said plus, what's the correlation between this and mut'ah?. Remember this is the same ayah of 'muta'h as you claimed?

# Truly there are women especially in this age that will definitely take and embrace such offer.
Here we go

# Apart from the fact that, sheik's theory is absolutely not the outward meaning of the verse, the children born in this sheik's theory, who will be responsible for their upkeeps?
Similar lecture he delivered before this one, he said the child his legit(HALAL) and the child is treated in the same level of his wife's children. ONLY the "second class" woman is impacted by this type of marriage.The children have the same rights.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 6:38pm On Oct 29, 2017
AlBaqir:

# The only division known to me is among the Sunni ulama and probably the Tabi'ieen. I haven't seen sahabah differences on this.

1. The Sunni ulama who argued the verse is mut'ahs based there evidence on Hadith of sahabah and Tabi'ieen

2. Sunni Ulama who argued against based their evidence ONLY on the other Tabi'ieen that argued otherwise.
I thought there are differences amongst the Sahabi based on evidences provided by you and sino? MODIFIED: that was abrogation of mut'ah

# While I hate discussing Iranian affairs, I think it is high time to enlist the MUT'AH processes as well stated in Shi'a books of ahadith.
You'd better discuss it but i wont hold you responsible for what they do. I believe you read comment from MISYAR I posted twice. Is that how it is done and it that what they called mut'ah and do you agree with this practice (even though you don't engage in it)?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

An Appeal To Arabic And IRS Teachers In Our Children's Schools / Feeling ‘reborn’ As A Muslim, Ex-playboy Bunny Insists On Keeping Chinese Name / The Last Sermon Of Rasullulah (may Allah Have Mercy Upon Him)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 244
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.