Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend (3343 Views)

Obsessive Lovers! / Obsessive Chasers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by BlueMagic2(m): 2:50am On Mar 13, 2010
Not trying to be the man or anything, but my girlfriend is really obsessive and its got me thinkin. We've been dating for like 3 goin to 4 years. She's very alright but d only problem i seem to have about her is her obsessive nature. She gets really upset if i talk 2 any girl, even in a social gathering like a club which she insists i always have to go with her i dare not talk/chat or even dance with any other girl, i can't even comment on any girl on facebook. Yes! It's dat bad. Thinking of maybe she's the 1 u know, but this attitude of hers has really got me thinkin. Is this normal?
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by InesQor(m): 2:59am On Mar 13, 2010
I think you should take more time out to make her feel extra special. It doesn't have to be too expensive. . . take her out someplace nice, spring all kinds of surprises on her, shower her with unexpected love, etc. I think what is responsible is probably a relaxed attitude. Most guys after being in a relationship for a while, tend to relax. They "have arrived". I'm not saying that's what you are doing, but you need to show her MORE that she is extra special and that you do not have any plans of leaving her. All the best.
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by A40(m): 3:04am On Mar 13, 2010
Better run a 100 yard dash like Raphael Saadiq. Prevention is better than Kpele
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by Cmiller(m): 3:12am On Mar 13, 2010
@Dz is onetin d population stats did 2 us n now we hv 2 pay,d ladies now knw dt dey ar much mo dan d guyz in numbas n dey hv 2 act fast n smart 2 keep dia boyfriends 2 demselves only even if it means goin evrywia wt him 2 avoid him bein anoda girls man.so it's now natural.:-)
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by InesQor(m): 3:13am On Mar 13, 2010
InesQor:

I think you should take more time out to make her feel extra special. It doesn't have to be too expensive. . . take her out someplace nice, spring all kinds of surprises on her, shower her with unexpected love, etc. I think what is responsible is probably a relaxed attitude. Most guys after being in a relationship for a while, tend to relax. They "have arrived". I'm not saying that's what you are doing, but you need to show her MORE that she is extra special and that you do not have any plans of leaving her. All the best.

A-40:

Better run a 100 yard dash like Raphael Saadiq. Prevention is better than Kpele

@A-40: I assumed that the OP loves his lady. My 2 cents anyway
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by Gabry(f): 4:01am On Mar 13, 2010
Gosh! That kinda attitude is kinda annoying. . . Seriously! Well, u are not her mother or father to really teach her but what you can do as a partner is to tell her that its not right towards you. Talk to her.
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by BlueMagic2(m): 4:33am On Mar 13, 2010
Gabry:

Gosh! That kinda attitude is kinda annoying. . . Seriously! Well, u are not her mother or father to really teach her but what you can do as a partner is to tell her that its not right towards you. Talk to her.
U have no idea! Tried talkin 2 her & all, she jst suspects me all d time. The only girl i think i can talk 2 is my sis. This situation is really really annoying. I mean she's a great person & all dat but this can't be normal, can it?
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by Gabry(f): 4:41am On Mar 13, 2010
Blue Magic:

U have no idea! Tried talkin 2 her & all, she jst suspects me all d time. The only girl i think i can talk 2 is my sis. This situation is really really annoying. I mean she's a great person & all dat but this can't be normal, can it?

U talk to her about it and what did she say? Did you tell her directly whats on your mind?
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by noblegas2(m): 4:54am On Mar 13, 2010
Are U in a r/ship or a Bondage?
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by rickie4us(m): 8:16am On Mar 13, 2010
noble_gas1:

Are U in a r/ship or a Bondage?

abeg, help me ask am
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by WarHorse1(m): 9:18am On Mar 13, 2010
Blue Magic:

Not trying to be the man or anything, but my girlfriend is really obsessive and its got me thinkin. We've been dating for like 3 goin to 4 years. She's very alright but d only problem i seem to have about her is her obsessive nature. She gets really upset if i talk 2 any girl, even in a social gathering like a club which she insists i always have to go with her i dare not talk/chat or even dance with any other girl, i can't even comment on any girl on facebook. Yes! It's dat bad. Thinking of maybe she's the 1 u know, but this attitude of hers has really got me thinkin. Is this normal?

I think you are talking about possessive and not obsessive.

Why is it that when we see true love, we run?
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 13, 2010
Does she talk to other guys?
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by BlueMagic2(m): 1:07pm On Mar 13, 2010

[quote][/quote]
Yes i am talkin about being possessive but at the same time i know what am talkin about when i say being obsessive. Cos the situation has gone beyond possession, its more like an obsession now. I know she loves me & all which i also reciprocate, but love doesn't have to turn into an obsession, does it? Imagine if a i'm the one givin her all these rules. Will she be comfortable with it? I don't think so? This obsession is hurtin d relationship cos its more of a trust thing!
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by iice(f): 4:38pm On Mar 13, 2010
What's that movie with Glenn Close and Micheal Douglas? cheesy
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by sjeezy8: 4:41pm On Mar 13, 2010
I used to like crazy babes who are jealous and Obsessive but not anymore. Babes can do harm to a guy
so its best you just leave her.
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by Gabry(f): 1:44am On Mar 15, 2010
Blue Magic:

Yes i am talkin about being possessive but at the same time i know what am talkin about when i say being obsessive. Cos the situation has gone beyond possession, its more like an obsession now. I know she loves me & all which i also reciprocate, but love doesn't have to turn into an obsession, does it? Imagine if a i'm the one givin her all these rules. Will she be comfortable with it? I don't think so? This obsession is hurtin d relationship cos its more of a trust thing!

U did not answe my question!  angry
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by solodox(m): 9:51am On Mar 15, 2010
Blue Magic:

bro here something you should know, i will give an arm and a leg to have girl like that, cherish her man! and please since you already have her what else are you trying to pull by commenting all over facebook?

InesQor:

if i were you man i'd take this pointer, !
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by mylove4him(f): 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2010
Run that is what I did after four years it is real bondage
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by essarios(m): 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2010
its obvious that she madly in love with you but the problem is over spilling
tell her its driving you crazy and if it continues pick up a bold step by telling
her that both of you need to take a break apart.
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by BlueMagic2(m): 2:59am On Mar 16, 2010
@gabry talked 2 her but she wont listen she's adamant & a very jealous person, @solodox tanx 4 d advice man! i know she does but it does not have 2 turn into an obsession, if u really know what i mean i'm scared of the obsession, Does it mean i can't have female friends, i mean she's got male friends? I mean i know i got a great girl & i cherish her but this is turnin to sometin else & this has caused a few disagreements.
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by Nixnugo(f): 3:07am On Mar 16, 2010
@Blue Magic- it is normal for any girl to be worried about her man looking at other girls/ have the fear of having their man cheat. BUT it is not normal for a girl to be overly obsessive. I believe the root of obsessive behaviour stems from three things. A) she's an insecure person. B) she had a bad previous relationship c) you've given her a reason to doubt you. Now, if the answer is A, you need to talk to her, re assure her that you love her and she needs to trust you. If she doesn't trust you after three years, you have a problem. If the answer is B- that sucks but you cant pay for the sins of a previous guys crimes, haba! refer her to musiq soulchild's 'previous cats' track-maybe she'll get the picture. Finally, if the answer is C- which is normally the popular answer- stop doing dodgy things & she will stop obsessing. Obviously you love her enough to bring the question up in a public forum, so take the time to talk to HER. Its you + her that go to bed at night at the end of the day. Good luck!!
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by Mudley313: 7:57am On Mar 16, 2010
obsession is very unhealthy in a relationship
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by Flashfast1: 12:37pm On Mar 16, 2010
@poster
Did you say she is very alright? sad
Re: What Can One Do About An Obsessive/over Obsessive Girlfriend by BlueMagic2(m): 2:59pm On Mar 16, 2010
@Nixnugo u must be 1 hell of a psychologist! If u are not, u need to change careers & take it up as a career! Tanx a lot mehn 4 d advice! WE ALL CAN'T BE PERFECT CAN WE? WE NEED 2 TAKE OURSELVES D WAY WE ARE!

(1) (Reply)

Reasons American And African Men Love Ladies With Big Assets / Sweet Love Text Messages and 5 apps To Make Holidays Romantic, Exciting / Get Me Employed And Marry Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.