Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose (21481 Views)

Bisi Adeleye Fayemi Visits Fayose Ahead Of Next Tuesday's Inauguration / Lagos: 2019 Jimi Agbaje Joins Governorship Race / John Bray Visits Fayose Over Ekiti Election (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by BounceNigeria: 11:26am On Oct 19, 2017
Lagos State Governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2015 election, Jimi Agbaje has joined the party's National Chairmanship race.

Declaring his interest for the position when he visited the Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, the trained pharmacist said he is the best man for the PDP job.

Agbaje was the front-runner in the August 2016 convention, however, a court ruling secured by former party Chairman, Ali Modu-Sheriff, hindered the convention from proceeding with the elections.

Agbaje said he decided to visit Fayose because it will be inappropriate for the governor who is the only PDP governor from the South West to “get to know about my aspiration in the media, hence, my decision to come here and tell you formally.”

While describing himself as “the best man for the job,” Agbaje said; “If not for what happened at the August last year’s convention, I would have clinched the chairmanship position then and I am confident that I will emerge as the chairman this time around.”

On his part, Fayose said chairmanship aspirants from the zone must come together and present a single candidate for the position. “It won’t be in the collective interest of the Southwest zone to present six aspirants at the convention as we presently have.”

“Chairmanship aspirants from the Southwest must come together and allow one person to fly the flag,” Fayose said. “It will be like crashing before take-off if we take six aspirants to the convention.”

Source: http://news.bounce.ng/Content/agbaje-joins-pdp-chairmanship-race-visits-fayose-20171019

5 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by anuoluwapo884(m): 11:33am On Oct 19, 2017
He his the best man for the job

Jk we know
Jk we trust

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by Baawaa(m): 11:37am On Oct 19, 2017
Agbaje is still playing with fire,PDP is a destiny killer party

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by ChangetheChange: 12:11pm On Oct 19, 2017
Jimi Agbaje is PDP next Chairman

27 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by erosimo(m): 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
I just like this man. He looks too simple

9 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by ogu87: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
Jesu
Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
Gbenga Daniel is better

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by otunbabadok(m): 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
heating up
Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by Elnino4ladies: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
He is just joking
Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by holluphemydavid(m): 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by chinex276(m): 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
is pdp chairmanship that juicy?? coz the way people dey rush am ehnn

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by Atiku2019: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2017
Jimi Agbaje Stands With Atiku cool
Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by hola106(m): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2017
OGD s beta

5 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by toprealman: 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2017
The only credible contender so far.

10 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2017
This man is never tired, he keeps telling himself that "I must b a politician" That's cool tho.

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by 9japrof(m): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2017
BounceNigeria:
Lagos State Governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2015 election, Jimi Agbaje has joined the party's National Chairmanship race.

Declaring his interest for the position when he visited the Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, the trained pharmacist said he is the best man for the PDP job.

Agbaje was the front-runner in the August 2016 convention, however, a court ruling secured by former party Chairman, Ali Modu-Sheriff, hindered the convention from proceeding with the elections.

Agbaje said he decided to visit Fayose because it will be inappropriate for the governor who is the only PDP governor from the South West to “get to know about my aspiration in the media, hence, my decision to come here and tell you formally.”

While describing himself as “the best man for the job,” Agbaje said; “If not for what happened at the August last year’s convention, I would have clinched the chairmanship position then and I am confident that I will emerge as the chairman this time around.”

On his part, Fayose said chairmanship aspirants from the zone must come together and present a single candidate for the position. “It won’t be in the collective interest of the Southwest zone to present six aspirants at the convention as we presently have.”

“Chairmanship aspirants from the Southwest must come together and allow one person to fly the flag,” Fayose said. “It will be like crashing before take-off if we take six aspirants to the convention.”

Source: http://news.bounce.ng/Content/agbaje-joins-pdp-chairmanship-race-visits-fayose-20171019

So this nigga still have more money to waste?

3 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by asawanathegreat(m): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2017
He will not get d chairmanship position

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by Gozbrown(m): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2017
south west come together?? make I hear.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by cogbuagu: 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
;D6
Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
This man is never tired

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by NigerDeltan(m): 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
grin
Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by Gozbrown(m): 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
Atiku2019:
Jimi Agbaje Stands With Atiku cool
who told u?

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by dollarcoolcat(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
Lol must u eat inside ths national cake haba

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
tot dis guy left politics already?whats ma own sef?
Lemme maintain ma Chairman senate committee of observation post jeje

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by tstx(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
Poverty stricken minds
Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by wunmi590(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
Honest speaking, if PDP want to have upper hand the up coming both ungeneral and general election, Jimi Agbaje should be given the chance to pilot the affair of PDP,

Apart from being young which would give more younger aspirant an opportunity to join PDP, and also contest under the PDP, he's also vibrant, a good orator.

The love people have for this business tycoon and phermaercist can never be looked down.

This man can bring in the real definition of real change to PDP, if he's given the chance to pilot the affair, without being disturbed by our great grand fathers in the party like bode George and co.

JK we know
JK we believe in
JK for PDP chairman

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by comos: 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2017
up PDP !

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by Adekorya: 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2017
Come rain, come shine I prefer Jimi Agbaje to Gbenga Daniel. Gbenga Daniel is selfish and an ambitious man, and will discuss anything to achieve his ambition. His selfishness lead to the PDP lose of Ogun State to ACN (now APC) in 2011.

Habeyy:
grin that is your opinion and it will forever remain
yours
But when it comes to PDP internal affairs I don't think your vote will be considered my brother
No harm intended
I hope you understand
There was a time i thought nairaland is an 100% assemblage of cognizant people and head with a good reasoning, but that percentage use to drop everyday because of people like you. CNN, FOX, CHANNELS and some other terrestrial TV stations usually bring analysts to analyse every government action or in action, most of the analysis/opinions usually do not influence government decisions or count, because opinion is everybody entitlements and it doesn't matter whether it count or not. And i can't remember saying my opinion will be consider by your so called "internal affairs". In case you forgot what this place is, it's Forum, and in case you don't knw what forum is, Google is your friend.
yhemster:

It's very funny how those who never register to be a voter becomes an expert in political analysis. You said Gbenga Daniel made PDP lost to ACN. This incident wasn't a black and white situation. Amosun was suppose to be the governor b4 OGD. Infact, he introduced Gbenga to OBJ and unfortunately OBJ gave the ticket to OGD. Towards the end of his tenure, there was a serious political instability in Ogun state. So, either by proxy or by political calculation Amosun became the governor. That's not a coincidence.
***being a political party Chairman isn't an easy task. Political experience and tactics is needed greatly. In my opinion, Agbaje is better off running for political office than being a party chairman. Party Chairman will need to get their hands dirty for the party success and unity. There are better candidates with more political experience and exposure than Agbaje.
Young Man, I've been eligible to vote in an election years before your eligibility, So calm down cool. Prior to 2011 governorship elections, OGD anointed candidate (Gboyega Nasir Isiaka) lost the PDP governorship Primary election to Adetunji Olurin, and as an outgoing governor, OGD tried to obtain the Senatorial ticket for Ogun East senatorial district but lost it to Sefiu Adegbenga Kaka. And because of this OGD formed another PDP faction, but unfortunately for him INEC didn't recognise his faction, and because of this OGD move his faction out of PDP to PPN (Peoples Party of Nigeria). With Amosun coming out as ACN candidate and Adetunji Olurin coming out as PDP candidate and Gboyega Nasir Isiaka dividing PDP votes (OGD candidate) by coming out as PPN Governorship candidate. With this, it was well knw that PDP votes will be divided btw PDP and PPN. And that's was exactly why PDP lost Ogun State to ACN, because at the end of election ACN number of votes was 377,487, PDP 188,698 while PPN number of votes was 137,051. Adding PDP votes with PPN votes, 188,698 + 137, 051= 325,749. By calculation, without OGD dividing PDP, PDP would have gathered 325,749. And I'm very sure they would have had more votes assuming there was no disunity (which was caused by OGD ). If by division PDP can had 325,749, are now telling me they wouldn't have had more than 377,487 (ACN votes) with unity?

If in case you are doubting the figures you can click here to confirm.
http://africanelections.tripod.com/ng_2011governor.html

6 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by AdultMaleNegro(m): 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2017
You only hear about Jimi Agbaje when it's time for an election.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Joins PDP Chairmanship Race, Visits Fayose by WebSurfer(m): 12:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

89 Percent Of Nigerians Not Happy Under Buhari - Okorocha / APC Chairmanship: Oyegun To Step Aside / Resign If You’re Desperate To Replace Abure, LP Replies NLC President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.