Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,649 members, 7,820,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) (90950 Views)

Ugochi Ihezue Meets Rochas Okorocha (Photos) / Road Named After Ellen Johnson Sirleaf In Imo Commissioned By Okorocha (Photos) / Massive Crowd Shut Down Imo In Solidarity For Buhari And Rochas Okorocha. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Imo1stson: 3:29pm On Oct 20, 2017
Biggie225:
one statue costs #520million
my friend from owerri said 18 more are under construction..
520,000,000 multiplied by 18 gives u #9.3bn
real cost of constructing one statue stands at #15m
520,000,000 - 15,000,000 =505,000,000
real cost# 270m
505,000,000 by 18 gives u #9bn was stolen9bn
imo state governor is a criminal
no doubt.

Where did you manufacture your figures from? The statues cost less than a million each.
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Amah70: 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2017
Too many people started to perceive there must be something wrong with Rochas Okorocha when he started to undermine the Imo state university teaching hospital Orlu which is the only available hospital closest to his Ideato kin; a hospital once viable and in Imo state's second most populated city which gave the highest number of votes to Okorocha in 2011.

Okorocha set out to ruin the hospital with hundreds of medical students therein because of his desire to own a private university in his home village.

How could a normal man in politics do such?

2 Likes

Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Obidikefidelis(m): 3:39pm On Oct 20, 2017
What can a average man benefite from this status ?
We need infatrustur not this.

2 Likes

Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Ayodaniel2017(m): 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2017
embarassedwaste of money.when there are still a lot of tattered roads.

1 Like

Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Lugar14(m): 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2017
Imo state sorry.

1 Like

Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Imo1stson: 3:48pm On Oct 20, 2017
Amah70:
Everybody started to perceive there must be something wrong with Rochas Okorocha when he started to undermine the Imo state university teaching hospital Orlu which is the only available hospital closest to his Ideato kin; a hospital once viable and in Imo state's second most populated city which gave the highest number of votes to Okorocha in 2011.

Okorocha set out to ruin the hospital with hundreds of medical students therein because of his desire to own a private university in his home village.

How could a normal man in politics do such?

The teaching hospital will be rebuilt by the next youthful Governor.

1 Like

Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Imo1stson: 3:52pm On Oct 20, 2017
Obidikefidelis:
What can a average man benefite from this status ?

We need infatrustur not this.

The statues are part of Imo hall of fame monuments. It's just like asking what an average Lagosian will benefit from the statue of Fela. Most people criticising the statues will have their relatives and even other Africans pose there for pictures just like they do when they visit other countries.

Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Mbediogu(m): 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2017
Must he make all his ancestors in effigy at government's costs?
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by slam7000(m): 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
Biggie225:
real cost# 270m
no doubt.

That can not be true. None of those statues would cost as much as N520m. That’s more than £1m.

I think someone has been releasing confusing figures to stir things up. Rochas is foolish,arrogant, narcissistic and full of inferiority complex but I don’t think he would spend that amount to mound those really rubbish. Liberian president statue seem to have been done by a primary school pupil learning how to use clay.

I thought I heard those were made with bronze? How come there are layers of Dangote cement all over them?
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by bestview: 4:02pm On Oct 20, 2017
Imo1stson:

Abagworo you are cursed. melu onwe gi ebele, even at your old age. Why not your useless gov use the monies he is wasting on meaningless statues to fix the only teaching hospital in the whole of Imo state rather than leaving it to remain a poultry farm? TUFIAAAAA

1 Like

Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by slam7000(m): 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2017
Imo1stson:

The statues are part of Imo hall of fame monuments. It's just like asking what an average Lagosian will benefit from the statue of Fela. Most people criticising the statues will have their relatives and even other Africans pose there for pictures just like they do when they visit other countries.

A statue of Mandela or any other thing representing South Africa would’ve been pardonable but Jacob Zuma!! Be serious. What happens when he leaves office. Is he the most important person living or dead in South Africa?

Compare the statue you uploaded to those cement works that would crumble very soon. Look at Sirleaf’s fingers being plastered with cement...those would surely not withstand the elements. How much does that cost imo state?

Rochas is using public fund to finance personal project. What happens when a new govt comes in and those Nebuchadnezzar idols start falling apart? Would Rochas maintain them or expect the imo state govt to continue embalming those nonsense?

1 Like

Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Amah70: 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2017
Imo1stson:

Wow. That next youthful governor needs to start now to tell Imo people that he shall rebuild the teaching hospital immediately he/she is elected. Block votes already from that.

Seeing how Okorocha reduced a hospital in which Imo people and their govts had committed tens of billions of Naira since 2002 to establish, seeing how Okorocha made young students get stuck up for about ten years in the institution - all these can make a hard man weep for Imo state.
The 500 million Naira which Okorocha used in Zuma statue could have secured every accreditation of courses in the teaching hospital to free and graduate the students.

2 Likes

Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Codims82(m): 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2017
Imo state has never had it good after Dr. Sam Mbakwe. Imagine this Rochas Okoro-Hausa, is this the dividends of democracy you promise your people u decieve? May thunder fall on u, u re worst. Watch out, Soon he will receive an award on this rubbish. Kia, Imo alaaaa.
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by alaskido(m): 4:20pm On Oct 20, 2017
This Rochas never fit pay salary but him dey erect statue. This man needs his brain examined by a neuron-surgeon

1 Like

Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by majamajic(m): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2017
Biggie225:
real cost# 270m
no doubt.

real cost of one statue at 15m ?..... haba. no be sand ..rod ..paint and cement again ? how much to do German floor of entire compound? the total materials for one statue no pass 500k workmanship no pass 1m .
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2017
Mr statues AKA STATUES GOVERNOR
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by matrixme(m): 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2017
Let's spare a thought for TSTV and it's promise of entertaining channels as well as cheap internet all coming in November before cockROACHAS uses the thought of of annoying statues to kill us before our time. Thank goodness it's not in my state!

Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by kingsmaila(m): 4:42pm On Oct 20, 2017
The Governor should channel the money for productive capital projects that will have a positive impact on his people not statues with zero socioeconomic impact.
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by degamemaster(m): 4:47pm On Oct 20, 2017
Na which kind wahala be this again? We still dey about the old and Zuma one and he's about unveiling another .
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by sunsewa16: 4:57pm On Oct 20, 2017
make demons no go enter the statues, come dey cause katakata for the arena,n.a. dat one be my concern,I no fit shout ooh.
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by patfenda(m): 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2017
dis man must b suffering from a disease i am going to check out in the dictionary

solid huawei y6 pro (g power)has crack but works perfectly, very very strong battery(charges other phones)2g ram 16g rom with sd card space ...28k...call or whatsapp 08025067398
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by room089: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2017
Babacele:
you can say that a billion times. More than ever before , that move has sold Okorocha presidential credentials to sane folks. it was one of the best moves if not the best presently , to protect Nigerian lives and property from a Nation we helped defeated Apartheid. Okorocha's street sense here is top notch and pretty strategic. Even Madiba had to sacrifice Mbeki for JZ. Why? Unless those criticizing Owelle of Nigeria understand who presently is the Numero Uno Mafioso of SA underground politics; who controls the instruments of state and the mad dogs killing our people.

Indeed his diplomacy strategy is top-notch, I can't agree with you more.....

My only grouse about the whole thing is the money involved in erecting a statute which is about N520 million. And we have been hinted about 18 more of statutes in the pipeline. Calculate their costs.

With all this money devoted to erecting statutes, how much is left to run a state where workers salaries are not being paid and nothing is working?
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by robotix: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2017
modelmike7:
This is serious and another government will come into power and break them all down. Nigeria my country.
the sculptor done hammer
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Atonto: 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ilu awon Orisha...Statue town...wat of ejime statue... E be like say Angel and demon dey fight for dat town... Some want to leave while others dey bring Ere...
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by israelmao(m): 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2017
Those who voted these people already know that they've made the costliest mistake of the century.
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by 8stargeneral: 6:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
Am only waiting whn he will erect his own statues
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Babacele: 6:27pm On Oct 20, 2017
Ugosample:

We will see about that.

Let's see how he will get 25% from 24 states

we as one of the largest ethnic groups in Nigeria will NEVER let that happen

we go see am
Did you vote for PMB and didn't he defeat your clueless in 2015?
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Kiakia(m): 6:52pm On Oct 20, 2017
modelmike7:
This is serious and another government will come into power and break them all down. Nigeria my country.
Of course, they will all go down eventually. Money gone down the drain!
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Babacele: 7:17pm On Oct 20, 2017
room089:

Indeed his diplomacy strategy is top-notch, I can't agree with you more.....

My only grouse about the whole thing is the money involved in erecting a statute which is about N520 million. And we have been hinted about 18 more of statutes in the pipeline. Calculate their costs.

With all this money devoted to erecting statutes, how much is left to run a state where workers salaries are not being paid and nothing is working?
Bros do you understand the enormous economic benefits of JZ to IMO state ? What is N520m to billion dollars long and short terms business ops that visit translates to for IMO and Naija? Already SA is opening a Consulate in IMO as an outcome of the Okorohawusa's move. Did I hear you say N520m again?
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Uche000(m): 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2017
Babacele:
you can say that a billion times. More than ever before , that move has sold Okorocha presidential credentials to sane folks. it was one of the best moves if not the best presently , to protect Nigerian lives and property from a Nation we helped defeated Apartheid. Okorocha's street sense here is top notch and pretty strategic. Even Madiba had to sacrifice Mbeki for JZ. Why? Unless those criticizing Owelle of Nigeria understand who presently is the Numero Uno Mafioso of SA underground politics; who controls the instruments of state and the mad dogs killing our people.
See ur life. See d number of likes u have sef. Nna, goan seedan
Re: More Statues That Will Be Unveiled By Rochas Okorocha (Photos) by Ultimategeneral: 8:17pm On Oct 20, 2017
the nigerian flag statue will be that of buhari mark my words.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DSS Operatives Produce IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu In Court / Former Pres. Goodluck Jonathan Spotted At Bank In Abuja (photo) / Ekweremadu’s Daughter Needed A Kidney, He Brought In A 15-year-old Boy Illegally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.