Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:45 AM

10 Communication Tips For Couples - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Communication Tips For Couples (440 Views)

Is 69 A Position For Couples During Sex?.... / She Said No Kissing, Hugging, Talk More Of Sex, Just Communication Only / Is There Any Hope For Couples With As Genotype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Communication Tips For Couples by Legolast: 3:41pm On Oct 20, 2017
10 COMMUNICATION TIPS FOR COUPLES
A lot of times, couples get pissed off with each other by the way they respond to spoken words " Hmmmm Naija Couples". We can do better if we learn response in the affirmative and not in the combative. Read the following:

1. Statement: I'm really hungry.
- Wrong response: Even I myself have not eaten since morning.
- Right response: Oh sorry, let's see if there's something you can manage for now.

2. Statement: Why don't you try this option?
- Wrong response: Why is it that you always find fault with what I do?
- Right response: Well, I've tried this before and I think it will work. If not, I'll try that.

3. Statement: I want more food.
- Wrong response: Ha-ha, rice has finished, garri has finished, and ingredients are almost finished, and there's no sign of salary yet.
- Right response: Sorry, please manage that for now; I'll find some snacks for you later.

4. Statement: I can't finish this food.
- Wrong response: Ha-ha, things are expensive o; and you can't be wasting food like this. You will eat it tomorrow!
- Right response: Should I keep the rest for you, or give it out?

5. Statement: I got wounded in kitchen.
- Wrong response: I've told you to always be careful with the knife.
- Right response: Oh sorry, let me have a look. You need to be more careful next time.

6. Statement: Are you okay; is anything the matter with you?
- Wrong response: Can't you see yourself; what kind of question is that?
- Right response: I'm not feeling fine; I think I need some attention.

7. Statement: I'll like to eat corn flakes.
- Wrong response: No way! It's for the children; and that's for one month! Take garri if you are hungry.
- Right response: Okay, you can eat a little. I trust you'll give us money to stock another.

8. Statement: Haven't you finished what you are doing?
- Wrong response: You are seated there doing nothing and you are asking if I've not finished!
- Right response: It will still take a while; can you please lend me a hand?

9. Statement: I bought this on my way; I thought it will be useful.
- Wrong response: How much did you buy it? What! That's too expensive - wọ́n ti gbá ẹ!
- Right response: Thank you; it will indeed be useful. Thanks for the surprise.

10. Statement: Handle that thing carefully please.
- Wrong response: Am I that daft? You will just be instructing me as if I don't have any sense.
- Right response: Yes dear, I will.

Soft Answer turneth away wrath
Re: 10 Communication Tips For Couples by Florblu(f): 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2017
Shuuke! Nigerians cannot practice that.

Everyone is frustrated and we are always looking for someone to vent our anger on.

I personally is guilty of almost everything on that list

(1) (Reply)

The Kiss / How To Make Up With Your Spouse After A "Fight" / Why Do People Get Mad When You Treat Them Just The Same Way They Treat You Badly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.