Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi (21878 Views)

PHOTOS: Alex Song & Gerard Pique Fight During The Celebration Of LA LIGA Triumph / Barcelona After Arsenal's Alex Song / Alexandre Song Vs Mikel Obi: Who's A Better Player ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by HNIC(m): 5:48pm On Feb 23, 2011
Mikel vs Song
It's like comparing Bash Ali with Muhammad Ali. grin
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 9:51am On Feb 24, 2011
1025:

@baslone,
u need not just getting out of here but moving straight into a mental rehablitation home because what u are suffering from is called BRAIN FAILURE.
how many players do u have in england alone? how many are in the world that mikel is seen arround 188. give a nigerian this rating, only in nigeria, mikel will not be among the best 500 talkless of africa and the world.
if this rating according to u was done weekly, tell us abt the other weeks and not just one or two weeks because no player rises when he is out injured. if u are not decieving urself, why have u not mentioned this rating since this arguement started until mikel gets injured and was out of play?
wether mikel is playing for a small club or not, the good news is that he has done well for himself of which no one in your lineage has done better.
as wicked as u are, u can only see when mikel drop and u were blind throughout last season when he was the toast of everyone in english league.prophet of doom. do u see mikel in that samsung advert? he is called reliable.

liverpool did not play in the champions league last season, does it make them small club? sunderland and aston villa that u mentioned above have not been playing in the champions league since u were born, yet u recognise them as bigger clubs than chelsea so don't u think u are not thinking right?
my problem with anti progressives like u is that u talk from different parts of your body and u definitely will make more sense keeping quiet.

Just listen to yourself. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 9:40pm On Feb 25, 2011
Just listen to yourself.

@baslone,
now that u are out of words, can u laugh shamefully back to ur drawers. mikel doesn't care about what u think bcs he does not depend on nigerians' judgement for his survival.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 12:07pm On Feb 28, 2011
abeg, is song still better than mikel? wow, what abt the world rating? is it still working? wow, song looks like someone that will end his carrier without a trophy.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by DisGuy: 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2011
Hehehhe

Daylight
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by A40(m): 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2011
HNIC:

Mikel vs Song
It's like comparing Bash Ali with Muhammad Ali. grin
Ooshey!
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by itiswell1(m): 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2011
Did u pple see what song did today against Dortmund? I doubt if Mikel can do that.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by RuuDie(m): 5:26am On Nov 24, 2011
John Mikel who!!?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by neyostica: 7:20am On Nov 24, 2011
Song is out of mikel's league, compare him with frimpong
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 1:50pm On Nov 24, 2011
You mean mikel and Frimpong?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by neyostica: 6:33am On Nov 28, 2011
baslone:

You mean mikel and Frimpong?
Exactly
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 10:44am On Nov 30, 2011
nigerians cannot judge a footballer well because we know close to nothing about football and truth. if alex song is as good as nigerians think, why is man city not calling him? why is madrid not looking for him? why is he not wanted by barca? abeg nigerians shld go and concentrate on their criminal activities and forget football.
how much is wenger paying alex and how much is chelsea paying mikel? players are paid according to their worth.
song is nothing but an arsenal player and as soon as he graduates, we will see chelsea, man u, man city, barca and madrid coming to take him on trial.
we saw nasri and fabregas in arsenal and we know where they are now. we are seeing van persie and we know that he is not signing a new contract with arsenal and man city as well as madrid and warming up to cash in on him.
let us wait till song begin to enjoy big boys salary and other clubs begin to see his goodness.
like i said, nigerians are only good in crimes and not football.
mikel is not a star but a super star.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Hardunnii(f): 10:51pm On Nov 30, 2011
@1025 your argument makes no sense, so because mikel earns more than scott parker, does it mean hes better Torres earns more than v.persie, so you are sayin hes better Shior
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by baslone: 11:39am On Dec 01, 2011
. . . . eto is presently the highest earning player. . . . .so he's better than Aguero presently
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by MrTA(m): 12:15pm On Dec 01, 2011
1025:

nigerians cannot judge a footballer well because we know close to nothing about football and truth. if alex song is as good as nigerians think, why is man city not calling him? why is madrid not looking for him? why is he not wanted by barca? abeg nigerians shld go and concentrate on their criminal activities and forget football.
how much is wenger paying alex and how much is chelsea paying mikel? players are paid according to their worth.
song is nothing but an arsenal player and as soon as he graduates, we will see chelsea, man u, man city, barca and madrid coming to take him on trial.
we saw nasri and fabregas in arsenal and we know where they are now. we are seeing van persie and we know that he is not signing a new contract with arsenal and man city as well as madrid and warming up to cash in on him.
let us wait till song begin to enjoy big boys salary and other clubs begin to see his goodness.
like i said, nigerians are only good in crimes and not football.
mikel is not a star but a super star.

This is by far the worst post I've seen on these forums and Ive seen alot of awful ones. Im going to assume it was tongue in cheek just to give the poster the benefit of the doubt because no one is that dumb.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by DisGuy: 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2011
Hardunnii:

@1025 your argument makes no sense, so because mikel earns more than scott parker, does it mean hes better Torres earns more than v.persie, so you are sayin hes better Shior

1025, see your life; even a lady is schooling you!!
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 3:57pm On Dec 07, 2011

@hardunnii,
i am not surprised with ur arguement because u are a woman and u also stay in ibadan so ur sins are forgiven. those playing good football and earning less money reside only in ibadan. players like xavi, messi, ronaldo, yaya toure are playing well and they are enjoying fat salaries.
players like scott parker in their goodness could only lead their teams to relegation and do not forget, he has played in chelsea before. torres you mentioned was good before chelsea signed him so what ever he is earning now is the fruit of his goodness. i will assure u that if torres ends this present contract like this, he won't see anything like that again. mikel is not good according to nigerians yet, he finished his first 3 yrs contract and got another 5 yrs improved contract and all these are happening in the hand of oyibo.
song that looks like the best player in the world to us here is yet cause any rift between arsenal and any other team as mikel did to chelsea/man u. song is yet to send anyone to jail as mikel did to morgan anderson the sporting direct at lyn oslo(pls am sorry if i am sounding strange here - this is football madam). is any television station in ibadan showing u how good players leave arsenal immediately the football world confirm them good? do u know nasri, fabregas, toure, adebayor just to mention but a few. sister, has anyone told u that song is playing in a football academy while mikel is playing in a football club? if songs continues to improve, he will one day play in chelsea abi u no dey see ashley cole?
pls if u are not married, i will like u to be my friend bcs u like football and i will help ur football ministry to grow and only then that u will know that i dey make sense.
by the way, did the ibadan flood affect ur area?
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by coogar: 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2011
so much noise about nothing.

there's no considerable difference between mikel and song!
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by ritchboy(m): 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2011
coogar:

so much noise about nothing.

there's no considerable difference between mikel and song!

There is also no considerable difference between Messi and Welbeck. cheesy
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by coogar: 6:02pm On Dec 07, 2011
ritchboy:

There is also no considerable difference between Messi and Welbeck. cheesy

it's not possible for you to make sense during winter.
there's little or no sun to power your solar energy compliant brain cells. grin cheesy
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by ritchboy(m): 7:06pm On Dec 07, 2011
coogar:

it's not possible for you to make sense during winter.
there's little or no sun to power your solar energy compliant brain cells. grin cheesy

There is little or no sun during the winter - Coogar 2011 grin grin grin
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by coogar: 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2011
ritchboy:

There is little or no sun during the winter - Coogar 2011 grin grin grin

go f@ck yourself, you obdurate w@nker. grin

Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Hardunnii(f): 6:43am On Dec 08, 2011
@1025 i wnt argue with u again, ur premise on this debate is wrong, anyway young romeu is showing now aw good mikel is.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by coogar: 4:28pm On Dec 08, 2011
Hardunnii:

@1025 i wnt argue with u again, your premise on this debate is wrong, anyway young romeu is showing now aw good mikel is.

mikel is the best defensive midfielder in chelsea and he's marginally better than alex song(in the role they are supposed to play in a team).
that alex song has scored more goals or provided more assists is a bonus. . . . . .he is not paid to be doing that.

vincent enyeama is not better than iker casillas because the nigerian goalkeeper has scored more goals.
mikel obi's role is to provide a defensive shield to his back four. be an outlet to receive a pass and release the ball.

he's more or less a 3rd centre-back when bosingwa/cole roams forward.
think mikel. . . . .think carrick, busquets, lucas levia and denilson. comparing him to alex song who doesn't really sit in most games is farcical.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by 1025: 8:33am On Dec 10, 2011
mikel is the best defensive midfielder in chelsea and he's marginally better than alex song(in the role they are supposed to play in a team).
that alex song has scored more goals or provided more assists is a bonus. . . . . .he is not paid to be doing that.

vincent enyeama is not better than iker casillas because the nigerian goalkeeper has scored more goals.
mikel obi's role is to provide a defensive shield to his back four. be an outlet to receive a pass and release the ball.

he's more or less a 3rd centre-back when bosingwa/cole roams forward.
think mikel. . . . .think carrick, busquets, lucas levia and denilson. comparing him to alex song who doesn't really sit in most games is farcical.

@Coogar,
na God go bless u for ur understanding of soccer and departments of the game.
all the anti mikel machineries on nairaland cannot challenge this one because u nailed it. once again, may God bless u and since u dey support good thing, good things shall follow u all the days of your life.

@1025 i wnt argue with u again, your premise on this debate is wrong, anyway young romeu is showing now aw good mikel is.

@Hardunnii,
you are just suffering from the after effect of the ibadan flood so let the shocks of the flood be over before u join public forum.
do you know how many players chelsea have bought in that position and at the end of the end, mikel will still maintain his position.
apart from arsenal, which other big team in england do u see song playing a first team football?
if mikel goes to arsenal, the big question is; will he play a first team football? pls give us an answer. petr cech, joe Hart, krul, casillas are all goalkeepers that do not score goal while vincent enyama scores more than torres, does that make eyeama better than these other goalkeepers? answer plssssssssssssssssssssss.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Hardunnii(f): 7:21pm On Dec 10, 2011
@coogar, am disappointed at ur analysis, so when smone is DM, all he has to do is just to sit in front of back 4?? Wat happ to being dynamic?? Aw come coaches play wingers that can track back afterall there job is to put in crosses?? Ronaldo is a winger, aw come he scores more goals than even strikers when is job is just to provide assists?? Great playerß are dynamic
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by coogar: 7:25pm On Dec 10, 2011
Hardunnii:

@coogar, am disappointed at your analysis, so when smone is DM, all he has to do is just to sit in front of back 4?? Wat happ to being dynamic?? Aw come coaches play wingers that can track back afterall there job is to put in crosses?? Ronaldo is a winger, aw come he scores more goals than even strikers when is job is just to provide assists?? Great playerß are dynamic

nice attempt.
please discuss claude makelele.

how dynamic was he? grin grin grin
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Hardunnii(f): 7:28pm On Dec 10, 2011
@1025 dere is no point arguing with u, aw many clubs av declared interest in mikel Mikel is a good player no debate abt that, but song is better. For more clarity, compare their abilities on FM2012 or PES2012 for neutral assessment
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Hardunnii(f): 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2011
coogar:

nice attempt.
please discuss claude makelele.

how dynamic was he? grin grin grin
I knew u would bring that up, lets do it dis way, name great players that werent dynamic n i will name mine
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by coogar: 7:40pm On Dec 10, 2011
Hardunnii:

I knew u would bring that up, lets do it dis way, name great players that werent dynamic n i will name mine

i have given you makelele(the guy mikel has replaced as the defensive midfielder) and who is still the best defensive midfielder in the history of the game.

florentino perez described claude makelele. . .

we will not miss makelele, his technique is average, he lacks the speed and the skill to take the ball past opponents, and 90% of his distribution either goes backwards or sideways. he wasn't a header of the ball and he rarely passed more than 3 metres. younger players will arrive who will cause makelele to be forgotten.

makelele was already 30 yrs of age when real madrid president made these comments and sold him off to chelsea.
you and the other anti-mikel cronies are making the exact mistake florentino perez made 8 yrs ago. the role of a defensive midfielder is to sit.

arsene wenger is not conscious defensively - this is why he allows alex song to roam and this is also the reason arsenal are the most vulnerable team to counter-attacks. i doubt mikel has lost his ability to find a through-pass or score a goal. he has to play to his manager's instructions and that is sitting deep and providing a shield to his defence.

Hardunnii:

@1025 dere is no point arguing with u, aw many clubs av declared interest in mikel Mikel is a good player no debate abt that, but song is better. For more clarity, compare their abilities on FM2012 or PES2012 for neutral assessment

fm2012 and pes2012 are programmes written by humans. mikel doesn't head the ball, he doesn't dribble, he doesn't score, he doesn't provide assists. how do you want developers to analyse his ability? of course he would look shyte. . . .but that's far from the truth. his primary role is to sit deep and be a 3rd centre-back when chelsea's wing-backs fly forward.
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by Hardunnii(f): 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2011
@coogar why do u think nani is ahead of valencia??afterall they can both go past their marker and deliver a good cross
Btw which position does messi plays
Re: Alex Song Vs John Mikel Obi by coogar: 7:55pm On Dec 10, 2011
Hardunnii:

@coogar why do u think nani is ahead of valencia??
afterall they can both go past their marker and deliver a good cross

nani is ahead of valencia because of nani's trickery. nani is capable of doing the unthinkable - valencia has nothing of such.
furthermore, nani is ambidextrous(2-footed). he can play on either flank without hassles.
valencia is one-dimension. he has no left foot. yes, it makes him more predictable for his team-mates to know what he's about to do - but so does it also make it more easier for his markers to nail.

Btw which position does messi plays

messi is a central forward/false striker.
he used to be on the wing until pep guardiola re-modelled him to play in the middle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Atletico Madrid : UCL (1 - 1) On 5th November 2017 / West Ham Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) Live / Anderlecht Vs Arsenal : UCL (1 - 2) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.