Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,928 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs (23906 Views)

CBN Monitors 6,047 Bvns Over Suspected Fraudulent Transactions / Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss / Ten Things Wrong With The Order To Forfeit Sums In Account Not Linked To BVN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Basfaq(m): 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2017
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
If una collect death people money, you are compiling more problem to una administration, una think say na Looted funds. Instead of to advice banks to contact the next of kin to the account holder and monitor the process through Efcc, y'all went into action to even steal from the death.
In Your Own imagination you think bank is care of next of kins?.You better plan your deal properly with them and let the person in your kin arena knows about it.if you eventually gone,your money gone with it.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by omokab: 3:59pm On Oct 22, 2017
sniperr007:

Will you blame the bank for trading with someone's money because the person didn't open up to his family or cos his family dont want his money?

Is it right for government to take what Belo Gs to the citizens because they r dead or unavailable?

This action is gonna set lots of precedence in Nigeria if accepted.

It means the next government can take whatever they want from the citizens based on whatever reason they give.

Gradually later government will take basic rights in name of national security.

Dictatorship starts gradually and its the docile nature of the citizens that allow dictators to survive.

To me oh. Whether the bank trades with stolen funds or dead poles funds, its wrong & unconstitutional for the government to take the money of its citizens.

Matters like this makes it clear that legislative arm is jus a branch of the presidency
there is nothing like dictatorship in this matter. Government get court order to take possession of no Bvn so there is nothing like undemocratic. In the case of dead person's money domicile in the bank for years without any claim is the banks fault. Why they can't trace their next of kin or the address submitted to bank before he died?
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by sniperr007(m): 4:11pm On Oct 22, 2017
omokab:
there is nothing like dictatorship in this matter. Government get court order to take possession of no Bvn so there is nothing like undemocratic. In the case of dead person's money domicile in the bank for years without any claim is the banks fault. Why they can't trace their next of kin or the address submitted to bank before he died?
Is it in the constitution or in a agreement the pple signed when they opened the account if not, its wrong.

And dictatorship doesn't start suddenly it always comes gradually under d pretense of the government trying to help improve lives of the citizens
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by sirusX(m): 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
seunmsg:

Government is talking about accounts not linked to BVN at all. If you have lost your BVN number, simply go back to your bank and get it.

I really don't see why some so called analyst are against this move. If government don't take custody of the funds, the banks will use it as they like forever. The funds in the unlinked accounts have been there since 2015 without anybody claiming it. Government should take custody of the funds and use it judiciously for the good of the entire country.

When has that ever happened? shocked
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by kinguwem: 5:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
The desperate move by a broke Federal Government.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 22, 2017
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Amaaf(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2017
nams77:

his is day light robbery! You have the effrontery to say this trash because it is not your money. There are several scenerio that can make a depositor not to do his/BVN. I know of a man down with stroke since 2012. He can't go out, so you want him to forfeit his hard earned money? What of those who are paralyzed, in prison(wrongly or rightly) or those who are in diaspora before the BVN stuff came up. I also know a lady who has about 9k in fidelity bank. She has not done BVN because she has no valid ID card yet.
Most of your guys are really funny (Python1 and cleverly). You are saying this rubbish because it is your Lord that is on the throne. If this was enacted by some other leaders, you would have screamed blue murder!
I have words for you guys though, a day of reckoning is coming. Karma is a b*ch

A man that has stroke since 2012, how has he being able to access his cash? Because now you can't even touch your money if you don't have BVN.
Also there were provisions for those in diaspora to get themselves registered over a period of more than two years.
Prisoners can always claim their money whenever they are out, they just need to tender appropriate documents, very simple.
Paralyzed people have been accessing their money before now, that couldn't have been possible in the first place without BVN.
Ignorance is not an excuse.

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Dejavue: 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
gabe:
If someone with money in the bank dies, his next of kin can get letters of administration from a court in less than a week to claim money in such accounts. Simple

The statement above is pure fallacy.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by leofab(f): 12:50am On Oct 23, 2017
Jerrypolo:

UWC

Done right?.
not yet; the only option is to link an already existing Bvn.. how do I get in direct contact with you.. please help me
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by nams77: 9:17am On Oct 23, 2017
Amaaf:

A man that has stroke since 2012, how has he being able to access his cash? Because now you can't even touch your money if you don't have BVN.
Also there were provisions for those in diaspora to get themselves registered over a period of more than two years.
Prisoners can always claim their money whenever they are out, they just need to tender appropriate documents, very simple.
Paralyzed people have been accessing their money before now, that couldn't have been possible in the first place without BVN.
Ignorance is not an excuse.

those in prison can access their money when they come back? Did you bother to read the details or you just want to blindly support the government in power. The writ says after 14 days if BVN is not provided then the account is forfeited. So someone serving till next year will lose his money. What about those estate accounts that their cases have not been decided in court between children contesting the account of their father.those in diaspora nko?
This act is an illegality. You cannot issue a blanket forfeiture of over 40million Account without a competent court of jurisdiction indicting holders of those Account. Space will not permit me to explain to you the legal consequences of this illegality.
Pls you guys should open your eyes and stop supporting rubbish
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by billyG(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2017
leofab:
All my NYSC allowee is in my zenith bank and the refused approving my Bvn claiming that I have done it elsewhere.. this is fustrating and won't go well with this fraudulent government if they confiscated my hard earned allowance..
submit 2 dem d no: of d 1 u did b4,bvn only need 1 no:
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 23, 2017
Some people need to leave Lagos and see the real Nigeria

There are a lot of Nigerians who had bank accounts in UBA and First Bank since the 80s

This BVN relies on identity system, Nigeria still does not have a robust identity system

There are a whole lot of people with legitimate bank accounts who have no international passport, who have never needed to have a driving licence because they can't afford a car but they have had accounts with the banks aforementioned based on their local branch knowing who they are!

So when some of you sit in Lagos and justify such a draconian government policy so divorced from reality know that Nigeria does not begin and end in Lagos.

I maintain that Buhari and his government lack conscience all they know how to do is seize, they don't know how to create or improve anything

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Jerrypolo(m): 7:01pm On Oct 23, 2017
leofab:
not yet; the only option is to link an already existing Bvn.. how do I get in direct contact with you.. please help me

09060276140 call me.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2017
Commission for you abi !!!
To whom much is given, at least something to appreciate in return. Tks
A trial will surely convince u.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Excellent7(m): 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2017
erico2k2:

Does abroad where given centers by their bank to do this,if anyone has not done his then they have themselves to blame.they had ample amount of time to do this.The bank have good communication network to effect this request.

Stop being silly!
Stop commenting on matter you are not well informed about.
BVN registration was only possible outside Nigeria in less than 15 countries.
See the link below:
http://www.onlinedailys.com/bvn-registration-centres-abroad/
There are more thand 150 countries in the world.
Nigerians do not live only in and/or do business with less than 15 countries.
With less than 10% coverage countrywise for diasporan based Nigerians, you are saying diaspora based Nigerians should have themselves to blame?
Is less than 10% a pass mark?
As a guide try to ascertain the number of countries Nigeria maintain diplomatic relations with.
Why are you supporting an ill-conceived policy?
I hope you realize yearly remmittances from Nigerians in the diaspora is in excess of 20 billion USD.
Have you considered in the impact of 50% or 75% of such critical foriegn currency in-flow on the nations economy due to loss of confidence in the nation's banking system, economic and fisical policies?
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by erico2k2(m): 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2017
Excellent7:

Stop being silly!
See the link below:
With less than 10% coverage countrywise for diasporan based Nigerians, you are saying diaspora based Nigerians should have themselves to blame?
As a guide try to ascertain the number of countries Nigeria maintain diplomatic relations with.
I hope you realize yearly remmittances from Nigerians in the diaspora is in excess of 20 billion USD.
Have you considered in the impact of 50% or 75% of such critical foriegn currency in-flow on the nations economy due to loss of confidence in the nation's banking system, economic and fisical policies?

Do you live in one of them countries ?

1 Like

Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by abuibraheem: 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2017
somehow:
Should we now blame the govt for this when you know how to get the money no matter how stringent?
Wat I Am Saying His The Money Does Nt Belong To Any Govt, If At All Anyone Want To Claim The Money, It Should Be The Bank That Has Been Keeping It Safe.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by somehow: 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
The banks have no right to the money because its the govt that bails out the banks when they fall into debts (bail out funds) so why should they be allowed to keep unaccounted funds?
abuibraheem:
Wat I Am Saying His The Money Does Nt Belong To Any Govt, If At All Anyone Want To Claim The Money, It Should Be The Bank That Has Been Keeping It Safe.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by erico2k2(m): 12:39am On Oct 26, 2017
somehow:
The banks have no right to the money because its the govt that bails out the banks when they fall into debts (bail out funds) so why should they be allowed to keep unaccounted funds?
In NIgeria Govt bail out banks? where? when? if teh govt bail out banks why did Oceanic die?
the sceenerio you are painting only happen in teh west. ie RBS in the UK
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by erico2k2(m): 12:41am On Oct 26, 2017
Excellent7:

Stop being silly!
See the link below:

I have asked you a simple question you sieze to answer!
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by somehow: 12:41am On Oct 26, 2017
Haba, are you not a Nigerian? Where were you when the central bank was bailing them out during Sanusi's era?
erico2k2:

In NIgeria Govt bail out banks? where? when? if teh govt bail out banks why did Oceanic die?
the sceenerio you are painting only happen in teh west. ie RBS in the UK
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/09/sanusi-floors-reps-on-n420bn-bail-out-to-banks/
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by erico2k2(m): 12:51am On Oct 26, 2017
somehow:
Haba, are you not a Nigerian? Where were you when the central bank was bailing them out during Sanusi's era?
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/09/sanusi-floors-reps-on-n420bn-bail-out-to-banks/
Im a Nigerian, thats not bailing out, that was a LOAN, when a government bails a bank it takes over teh bank, the bank will belong to the govt at that time until it makes profits and pay back.Directors will be suspended as all sahre activities are on hold.Share Holders lose their money too.
if Oceanic was bailed out, it wont close.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by somehow: 1:02am On Oct 26, 2017
Lol, so where were you when AMCON took over some banks? You want me to send you that link too? Don't be lazy, Google that yourself.

Oceanic was merged, it didn't close, another bank swallowed it up!
erico2k2:

Im a Nigerian, thats not bailing out, that was a LOAN, when a government bails a bank it takes over teh bank, the bank will belong to the govt at that time until it makes profits and pay back.Directors will be suspended as all sahre activities are on hold.Share Holders lose their money too.
if Oceanic was bailed out, it wont close.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by erico2k2(m): 1:06am On Oct 26, 2017
somehow:
Lol, so where were you when AMCON took over some banks? You want me to send you that link too? Don't be lazy, Google that yourself.

Oceanic was merged, it didn't close, another bank swallowed it up!
so what happened to the bail out money? besides, what % of these banks was owned by the FG? I am very aware of what you are trying to say, however what they practice in Nigeria is Loaning the bank, these banks that got swalowed had V- equity, thier capital base where no where near enough per the new CBN directive then,thats the reason for the merger. The ones AMCON took over was as a result of them not fulfilling their obligation to pay back the LOAN from the CBN, now hows all these bail out,I have given you a reference, check the uk govt bail out to RBS,ROyal bank Of scotland.
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2017
Phi001:

Your father died 14 years ago and you've not gone to retrieve the money. Wehdone!
family will think am solely after my dads properties, u won't understand my broda undecided
Re: FG Takes Ownership Of Funds In Bank Accounts Not Linked To BVNs by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 27, 2017
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
If una collect death people money, you are compiling more problem to una administration, una think say na Looted funds. Instead of to advice banks to contact the next of kin to the account holder and monitor the process through Efcc, y'all went into action to even steal from the death.
Seun I'm surorised you shared this because you just showed that the dead have powers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please, Which Business Can I Start With N250,000? / Can Someone Steal Your Money If They Have Access To Your BVN? / Oscar Ekponimo Develops An App 'Chowberry', Brings Wasted Food To The Hungry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.