Stats: 3,149,968 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain (13075 Views)

Charles Idahosa: APC Lost Bayelsa Due To Oshiomhole’s Recklessness / Onoghen: With The Dubai Strategy Going In Tatters, What Next For PDP? / You Left The Nigerian Economy In Tatters" - Buhari Reminds Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by nairavsdollars(f): 5:13am On Oct 23, 2017
Chief Charles Idahosa, a chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), was a former Commissioner for Information and Orientation in Edo state. The outspoken and forthright politician also served as Special Adviser on political matters to former Edo state governor, Adams Oshiomhole. He spoke in this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI on developments in the ruling party under Chief John Odigie- Oyegun, President Muhammadu Buhari’s re-election, anti-corruption war and other issues of national interests. Excerpts:

Many Nigerians are wondering why President Buhari has remained silent over the report of the SGF and NIA DG which has since been submitted to him by the Vice- President. Do you think the president has something to hide?

No. I don’t agree with people politicising this war against corruption. Yes, a committee headed by the Vice- President sat over the issue and submitted the report to Mr. President and he is yet to take any action on it. I don’t think the president is shielding anybody. I think Buhari is just thorough because lot of things are involved that may not be clear to you or me. In that presidency, we must understand the fact that they are divided amongst themselves. They are fighting themselves almost on a daily basis. The report that put Ibrahim Magu in trouble with the Senate was written by the Director of DSS who was also appointed by the same presidency and that report was what the Senate used against Magu.

Nigerians must understand that we are running a government with a divided party. How do you explain a situation where APC as the ruling party has majority in the National Assembly yet it could not influence who became Senate President and Speaker of the House of Reps? The people the party wanted lost out in both chambers and a member of the opposition (Ike Ekweremadu) is Deputy Senate President today. From this, you can see that the leadership of the APC has failed us woefully. We have not been able to put our house in order. But I don’t think the president has chosen to remain silent on the report. Very soon, I am sure action will be taken on it.

There is also this belief in some quarters that the anti-corruption war is lopsided. What is your perspective on that?

It surprises me when people say the anti-corruption war is lopsided and targeted at the opposition alone. Who ran the federal government for 16 years and mismanaged our resources? It is the PDP. So, the people who will be pursued by the government to return money are PDP members because they have access to the money. So, it surprises me when they say if a looter wants to be protected from being probed, they decamped to APC. That is not true.

Some are also claiming that the anti-corruption war is losing steam as no one has been convicted since the president came in, what is your thought on that?

That is another issue. Just look at a situation where the president is tagged as a dictator. If he tries to use his muscle or go out of his way, they will say he is undermining the judiciary and has no respect for the rule of law. They put legal hook in the whole process. Tell me a former Minister or governor who has been convicted since this government came into power. None! It is not Buhari that will pick them up and jail them.

The rule of law has to be followed. Look at Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB. When Buhari was away, Kanu was saying there will be no election and that if the army tries to arrest him, there will be bloodshed. He was putting on military uniforms and majority of the state governors are struggling to go and have handshake with him. All the big leaders are hosting him and hailing him as the emperor of the South East. When Buhari came back in his speech, he said he has crossed the red line and he moved against him. Where is Kanu now? Just few days of Operation Python Dance in the South East, they all ran away. Who is talking for Kanu now? Where is Kanu now?

Recently, Prof. Itse Sagay said the APC leadership under Chief John Oyegun is weak and ineffective. Do you think his statement is justified?

Absolutely yes! Prof. Itse Sagay is a man that has built his reputation and has built his name for a very long time. He is a man I have tremendous respect for, though I have never met him. For President Buhari to appoint him as chairman of that very important advisory committee shows that he has a lot of confidence in him. What Prof. Sagay is said is his observation. He is not a member of APC. The president only called him to come and assist him in the anti-corruption war. So, Prof. Sagay has been watching what is going on in the party and he is not happy about what is happening. He cited so many examples. Look at what is happening in the party today.

We have a situation where Dino Melaye, an APC senator from Kogi state is fighting the state governor, another APC member to a standstill and the party cannot move in and call them to other. It is very embarrassing. We will only be deceiving ourselves if we say the party is not divided. The APC is in tatters and the leadership is so weak. Look at the issue of Timi Frank, the Deputy National Publicity Secretary. The National Publicity secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed became a Minister, everyone expect his deputy to have taken over from him but they went and brought another man (Bolaji Abdullahi) as his replacement.

The party said it is by zoning and not by hierarchy. Don’t you agree with that?
The question we should ask is ‘What does the constitution say?’. If a governor dies or is impeached, the deputy takes over. Why don’t they say it should be zoned and allow somebody from the zone of the former governor succeed him? So, it doesn’t make sense. They just want to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it. They didn’t like Timi Frank because he is vocal and he is saying the truth. When we say APC leadership under Oyegun is weak, we know what we are talking about. I am older than Oyegun in politics. When I joined the Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) in 1980, Oyegun was still in civil service. The fact that you become national chairman does not make you superior or make you think you have more experience than others.

I know Oyegun very well. He is a Benin man like me. He is not old enough to be my father; the highest he can be is my senior brother and I am very close to his younger brother because we all went to school together. Because I know him does not mean I will now lie and say he is doing well. He is not performing well as national chairman. He is not doing the job he was elected to do. He went on a platform to become national chairman, now that he is there, he is now running to powers that be in order to secure his job. That is what is called sycophancy. He is now a friend of the president. The president didn’t bring you. The president did not bring his vice, Prof. Osinbajo. Everybody in that cabinet was brought by one respective leader or another.

He (Oyegun) knows where he is coming from but to keep his job now, everything is right. People are suggesting practical ways to ensure that APC continues as the ruling party in 2019, all Oyegun keeps saying is ‘Buhari must re-contest; ‘ I will fast and pray to make sure Buhari runs again’. Even when the president was sick and was in hospital, all Oyegun keeps saying is ‘Buhari 2019’ yet he wants us to be clapping for him? That is sycophancy and I don’t like it.

Buhari has a right to decide whether to seek re-election or not. What will Oyegun do if Buhari says I am not running? I hate people who are sycophants. Oyegun knew what we did to make him national chairman. Tom Ikimi had already gone unopposed from Edo state. We had to call a State Working Committee meeting to say there is another person from Edo state who is interested in the position. I spoke to the state chairman of APC who is still alive; I spoke to then governor, Adams Oshiomhole that this is what we should do because we are not very sure of Ikimi.
http://independent.ng/apc-is-in-tatters-oyegun-a-sycophant-idahosa/

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by KardinalZik(m): 5:17am On Oct 23, 2017
"...they are DIVIDED..."?

The FALL OF APC is imminent

16 Likes

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by aolawale025: 5:24am On Oct 23, 2017
Actually it's to the greater benefit of Nigerians that APC collapses

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by pyyxxaro: 5:28am On Oct 23, 2017
See e yeye face like old malu shiit kiss

These are one of the idiiots that joined Lucky igbinedion to destroy Edo State

E de talk like better person

Waaaa zaaaa ghaaa

Swamp buggy fall on ur testes

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Firefire(m): 5:35am On Oct 23, 2017
Let the Lord arise, and His enemies be scattered.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Penalty82(m): 6:00am On Oct 23, 2017
How long shall the gathering of tested and trusted criminals lasts?

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by temitemi1(m): 6:01am On Oct 23, 2017
Yes o my oga! they shall gathered but surely not because of us...
Firefire:
Let the Lord arise, and His enemies be scattered.

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Nbote(m): 6:37am On Oct 23, 2017
Even APC members are nw wailing... Nigerians have been wailing since. But only zombies in their fool's paradise still see nothing wrong in their dementia

https://www.nairaland.com/4132515/e-book-scams-expose#61675928

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by miano: 7:53am On Oct 23, 2017
If u meet this lady on the beach with this bikini what will u do [url=]http://newzpotter..com.ng/2017/10/myleene-klass-flaunts-her-tiny-waist-in.html?m=1[/url]
Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Generalkaycee(m): 7:53am On Oct 23, 2017
RIP APC

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by nairavsdollars(f): 7:54am On Oct 23, 2017
Coming from Oyegun's godfather....this is serious

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by AburoBuhari: 7:54am On Oct 23, 2017
My Ègbón Buhari Is tired of his Government self

every lie has an expiry date

*AburoBuhari*

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Finstar: 7:54am On Oct 23, 2017
This is the beginning and of woes

Visit my signature wink
Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Dannieln1: 7:54am On Oct 23, 2017
Story for okija shrine
Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Settingz321(m): 7:54am On Oct 23, 2017
Who cares if u call urself monkeys and donkeys
Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by femo122: 7:55am On Oct 23, 2017
Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:55am On Oct 23, 2017
Heaven will rejoice the day apc scatters

God bless pdp

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by NwaAmaikpe: 7:55am On Oct 23, 2017

If some of us knew we would ever have a political party as useless as APC.

we would have begged the military government not to hand over to democracy.

Because this is no democracy

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by melejo(m): 7:55am On Oct 23, 2017
APC has been confused since 1920
Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Settingz321(m): 7:56am On Oct 23, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
Heaven will rejoice the day apc scatters

God punish pdp

Well said

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by passyhansome(m): 7:56am On Oct 23, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by 01mcfadden(m): 7:56am On Oct 23, 2017
Hehehehe. A house built with saliva....
Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Olatara(f): 7:58am On Oct 23, 2017
temitemi1:
Yes o my oga! they shall gathered but surely not because of us...
U don come back. Welcome o.
Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Nackzy: 8:00am On Oct 23, 2017
Our God will continue to punish you people for easily deceiving 200 million Nigerians

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by MrMcJay(m): 8:00am On Oct 23, 2017
pyyxxaro:
See e yeye face like old malu shiit kiss

These are one of the idiiots that joined Lucky igbinedion to destroy Edo State

E de talk like better person

Waaaa zaaaa ghaaa

Swamp buggy fall on ur testes

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 23, 2017
Next
Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by asawanathegreat(m): 8:03am On Oct 23, 2017
Birds of a feather APC. Chieftain

Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by Atiku2019: 8:05am On Oct 23, 2017
Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by ourchoice(m): 8:08am On Oct 23, 2017
Fellow Nigerian youths at home and abroad. It is my pleasure to inform you all that a new movement is about to hit Nigeria big! This time, its not the usual politics but a youth driven movement that will change the future of Nigeria for good.

Did you know that Austria has just broken another world record by electing a 31 year old youth as the leader of Austria government

This is after New Zealand and France elected young people as their presidents.

But unfortunately in Nigeria, youth of 31 years is still living in his parents house and probably eating free food and supporting the same old politicians that have been ruining Nigeria for years and he feels less concerned about politics and life.

Nigerian ladies don't bother about politics, they only pray and fight to get married to a rich or comfortable man and all their life problem is solved but right now, finding that comfortable man to marry is no longer easy, it is now a rat race our ladies fight both spiritually, physically and emotionally to hook a husband and they feel everything is right that way.

Ladies do you know why you haven't found a man to marry It is not because the witches in your village have doubled their fight against you, it is not because you are ugly, it is not even because you have bad character neither is it because you are unemployed....the reason is: the guys that are supposed to marry you are either unemployed or under employed with peanut salary. So how will these guys marry

It is time for all Nigerian youths to wake up and say enough is enough!

We need youth driven leadership in Nigeria to help us chart a new path for our dear country before the old people destroys the remaining we have now.

Stop supporting the same old politicians to go back and loot and ruin Nigeria...they have nothing to offer us.

All over the world, youths are taking over government, leadership, organizations, investment, business, entrepreneurship, just name it. We Nigerian youths must unite as one force and fight our common enemy: unemployment, hunger, under development and leadership corruption in this country.

Join us now to be among the pioneers of the first ever Nigerian Youth Revolution Party.

Many youths are signing up already. We are kicking off with full force! We are coming to your campus, get ready to be our coordinator in your organization, local government, campus and state.

Say no to tribalism!
Say no to religious segregation!
Say no to discrimination of any Nigerian youth!
Say no to division of Nigeria! Together we are stronger!
We are one united Nigerian youth for a prosperous Nigeria!

Check details here>>>https://www.nairaland.com/4131364/youth-revolution-party-nigeria-join
Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by anibi9674: 8:08am On Oct 23, 2017
interesting.
Re: APC In Tatters, Oyegun Is A Sycophant - Idahosa, APC Chieftain by ruffDiamond: 8:14am On Oct 23, 2017
E don tey wey I know say that sh*tface cunny Edo man na guyman .when tinubu advised he be removed ,the cabal who hates tinubu's ball refused and rally round him,well,I pity buhari sha,2019 dey one corner already .e go dey very interesting .this man is buhari major gaffe beside saraki undecided sycophancy and eye service are the worst things that can happen to government

Nigeria Immigration Unveils Enhanced Electronic Passport Facility For South East / Court Ruling On NBC Can’t Stand – Information Ministry / Why PDP May Zone 2023 Presidential Ticket To North