Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,612 members, 7,840,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Help Me Plan My Parents' 65&70 Birthday - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me Plan My Parents' 65&70 Birthday (667 Views)

Please Married Folks, Help Me Plan A Budget / 65-Year-Old Indonesian Grandmother Marries Her 24-Year-Old Adopted Son (Photos) / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Plan My Parents' 65&70 Birthday by Nikkygold4life(f): 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2017
I need your help, family landers.
I and my siblings are planning birthday celebration 65&70 for mom and dad on the same day in 2018. I need your ideas to plan a moderate but posh party for them. Thanks in anticipation of your useful inputs.
Re: Help Me Plan My Parents' 65&70 Birthday by babythug(f): 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2017
You should have a theme or color scheme it can be a combination of thier favourite colours or just any two cool colours which will be used for the decor and general presentation!

Arrange a slide show of old pictures highlighting memoirs from over the years

The children and their friends should give speeches about them

Plan a surprise arrival which could be one of the children or an old friend who they haven't seen in years arriving "mid-party"

Lots and lots of food and drinks

Ensure your photographer is on point!

Keep the religious bit of the Program short and straight to the point

Make a pamphlet or booklet or what is popularly called programme of events which will include lots of photos

Get a good musician too

Will add any other tips I remember
Re: Help Me Plan My Parents' 65&70 Birthday by Nikkygold4life(f): 9:48pm On Oct 25, 2017
@ babythug, thanks for taking out time, wow, this is so meaningful, I will list out all you mentioned and take them one at a time. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Plan My Parents' 65&70 Birthday by Nikkygold4life(f): 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2017
Family landers, keep it coming, let me tap from your wealth of experience, I have been made the birthday planner by my siblings as I'm the one closest to my parents in terms of location, I reside in Ibadan while my parent are at Sango Ota. Help me people....
Re: Help Me Plan My Parents' 65&70 Birthday by Funky123(f): 10:02am On Oct 26, 2017
Let it be a suprise party,dont let them know something is coming from you guys... Lets start with the cloth let it be a matching outfit, give it to their respective designers that already have their measurement,then buy them a nice cake with their pictures on it,make food and drinks available,invite their close friends nd families{No one should disclose they are coming},wake up early to start the decoration before they even come out,it might be your sitting room........Lemme stop here for now
Re: Help Me Plan My Parents' 65&70 Birthday by Nikkygold4life(f): 10:33am On Oct 26, 2017
@ funky123, thanks for your input, God bless you

(1) (Reply)

Why Hasn't He Thought Of Marrying Me? / Will My Husband To Be Ever Loved My Children From My Boy Friend / How Can I Get A Prepaid Meter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.