Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News (39229 Views)

What Is With All These Naija Girls And Tattoos All Of A Sudden? / 2 Lawyers Do The “oya Hit Me” Trademark Pose In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / Cute Couple Do The “Oya Hit Me” Trademark Pose In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Irenemmeso(f): 2:08am On Oct 26, 2017
this should be a lesson to guys falling in love at early age with their age mate (21-24). note the girl will just leave you and marry.
look the guy said he wants to settle down at the age of 29 or 30, which girl will like to settle at that age?.Dont tell me that age doesn't matter please
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by cajet: 2:28am On Oct 26, 2017
Let her go and move on with your life bro. If you persuade her to wait until fortune smiles on you or you are pressured to marry her even by borrowing you will be making the greatest mistake of your life. Either way the girl will be marrying you for pity and not for love otherwise she should have waited as both of you discussed. I see it as a ploy to push you to doing doing something you don't want to do. Let her go another one will still come by. Women are like train, another one will still come by. This one is not your missing rib because you fell in love out of pity from your story and such doesn't last.
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Choplyf(m): 2:54am On Oct 26, 2017
Girls between the ages of 18 to 24 are very unfaithful in relationships because they feel they are pretty and will love to explore the extent of their beauty with other men. Boys between the ages of 18 to 24 are very faithful and loyal in relationships because at that age they are unemployed and will stick to one girl. Girls between the ages of 25 to 35 are very loyal and faithful in relationships because at that age they have lost a bit of form and would be more committed to settling down with one man. Boys between the ages of 25 to 35 are very unfaithful in relationships because at that age they are gainfully employed and financially strong and
would love to explore with other women. So u see. It's fairly a balanced game.

That's funny grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Ethevera(m): 3:20am On Oct 26, 2017
My brother,pls don't kill urself because of this issue. I re understood ur pains but I'm assuring you that all is well just commit everything the God and be courageous to push life more further.... The beautiful once are not yet born
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by gunther6(m): 3:36am On Oct 26, 2017
You’ll be fine lol

9 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by oladelove: 3:59am On Oct 26, 2017
You write intelligently.I am going to ask you a few questions.

Do you have little resources to take care of both of you?

Do you still live with your parents or do you live alone in an apartment comfortable for two?

Are you willing to marry her now?

Above all Bro,you should not allow your emotions to enslave you.Marriage isn't just for now,it's for better or worse.I hope you understand that you've not really known this lady too well until you guys tie the knot?Please search yourself prayerfully and decide if you want to start a journey with her now.

But wait,what if her parents refuse her marrying you even if she agrees to marry you?
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by oshaosha2014(m): 4:08am On Oct 26, 2017
Lol. This story reminds me of my girlfriend many years ago who was in Canada. She promised me alot of things.. how she would help me facilitate joining her over there, how she would take good care of me, how we would renew our love after many years of incommunicado. The whole episode was so sweet and I was so sure I was going to get to Canada and be with this girl that cared so much about me.

Fast forward, family pressure came on her. When I visited her family, and I didn't go with a car (because I didn't have), the pressure on her was even pronounced. They told her how I wasn't her match and I couldn't take care of her, that she should forget about me and marry someone worthy of her status. lol

Fast forward again, we started having problems with communication. she came up with different behaviors I didn't understand but I knew the source of it all was from her family. But one singular event later happened which broke the camel's back that made me to tell her to get lost. I am not going to talk about it.

What I am driving at is this. knowing she was giving in to her family pressure, I didn't hesitate to let go off her. we promised each other alot of things and from the look of things she was the one going to help me get the hell out of this hell hole Nigeria, I still let her go. i must confess, after telling her to go, I cried, but deep down, I knew I was going to be alright. she's wherever she is, I am where I am, we both living our lives. Ever since that experience I have grown emotionally. I am capable of showing love, cherish you like it is just you in the world. I am also capable of losing you, cry over you(but never beg to have you back), get up and get going. Emotions are fickle!

Mr. Man abi Op, let her go. don't waste time on her. LET HER GO! Emotions are fickle. Love between a woman and a man is fickle. Commitment is what lasts.

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by DavidEsq(m): 4:35am On Oct 26, 2017
sben2308:

I AV one like that left me 2013 that I don't look serious for marriage n now it's 2017 yet to b married o .Now d dey drain my ba3 with calls n msgs but me no get ha tym again cuz God don butter my bread
cheesy

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Menzy86(m): 4:59am On Oct 26, 2017
Spectre007:
you're strong oo,u passed thru all these nd still maintained ur sanity.... nd ur still friends with the girl.all the memories u both shared,hope u hv found another girl?
my brother its amazing how some imperfections can simply cancel out a near perfect lady. She is still the most mature, compassionate, selfless, intelligent, hardworking and loving lady I have ever met (she is beautiful too but when u begin to mature as I hav and at my age, that matters less in the equation). I know the cheating was a one moment madness mistake for sure and it NEVER dimmed her love for me. Its just that to be a real man, there r some principles that should be unbendable if u must survive well in life. She crossed one of those wit me and paid d price. As for remaining friends wit her, I have no choice. No exaggeration ALL my family loves her even till now. Infact my late mum (she died after battling cancer for a long time last october and was simply an angel) was still encouraging me to make up wit her on her dying bed (you can imagine wat a mother must hav seen in a young woman to still recommend her for her son even after the record of cheating). She still kept calling and visiting my house after the mistake. She showed genuine remorse and effort and to be honest I was the ONLY stumbling block to our reconciliation and over time I simply couldn't hold anythn against her but couldn't take her back. As for finding another girl, its been arduous. Finding a WIFE has to be the most difficult thing now. Nothing and I mean NOONE comes even close to her as regards mental maturity that attracts real men and not phuk boiz. And its been two years already since she left. Recently relocated (in d last two years). Still yet to conclude if its location related. The girls around here simply lack focus. Can't be all though but yet to see. Pardon my epistle!

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by success10(m): 5:38am On Oct 26, 2017
Philosophia:

Thank you so much.

My brother, I will be candid with you. My biggest problem is that I love this lady with my beign. She is the only girlfriend I have ever had. 3years. I have often visualized our life together. We talked about family, kids, everything.

I am an introvert, who hardly gets close to people. I am a guy that usually doesn't give a Bleep unless I want to. But this stuff hit me. It hit me where it hurts. As I type this tears are springing from my eyes. I'm trying to stop but it hurts.

My whole life just seems useless. I don't know exactly what to do. I feel lost.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Tisevadon: 5:40am On Oct 26, 2017
sben2308:

I AV one like that left me 2013 that I don't look serious for marriage n now it's 2017 yet to b married o .Now d dey drain my ba3 with calls n msgs but me no get ha tym again cuz God don butter my bread
If I say this is the best lines I have read in 2017 I am not wrong but let me just say lines join for the best wey I Don read #Thanks bro for that comment
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by sexy74(m): 5:50am On Oct 26, 2017
Philosophia:

Thank you so much.

My brother, I will be candid with you. My biggest problem is that I love this lady with my beign. She is the only girlfriend I have ever had. 3years. I have often visualized our life together. We talked about family, kids, everything.

I am an introvert, who hardly gets close to people. I am a guy that usually doesn't give a Bleep unless I want to. But this stuff hit me. It hit me where it hurts. As I type this tears are springing from my eyes. I'm trying to stop but it hurts.

Never let your life fall into shambles, remember this you did no wrong by loving her and you will do no wrong by letting her go since the means to continue is not there.
This might be a stepping Stone for you because it will make you have a different perspective about life and love, you will also change hustling ideas because you will not want to lose out next time.
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by sexy74(m): 5:55am On Oct 26, 2017
Philosophia:
So many things have crossed my mind. Is she seeing someone? But she assures me that she's not seeing anyone. Is she just looking for a fresh start? What did I do terribly wrong?

I am so confused. I called her, maybe to get direction or to hear something else. I'm not sure. She is advising me to fast and pray about it to get direction on what to do. She said she has prayed and fasted and she was told to prepare her mind for marriage.

I do not want to loose her but I don't know how I am supposed to do that. What is that supposed to achieve for me?

I am so lost.
Reading this makes me believe you are not experienced in the game of love.
My guy know thy self, my father use to tell me this always.
Knowing your self and dont be misled by emotions or feelings you can't control.
In Ti Face voice " I want to be free, free like a bird.
Make money and you will get a better girl or if she is still good and around you become her super hero.
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by sexy74(m): 6:05am On Oct 26, 2017
Philosophia:
Thanks Rokia2, wristbangle, freepop, danladi7, fayded and ilekokonit and others that commented before.

You guys have really saved a life tonight. I'm so glad I brought this here. God bless you all. Thank you all for your advices. I feel better but I have to sleep on it.

My head aches and my vision is blurry but my heart is less heavy.
I will still fast and do whatever prayers I can if not for revelation, atleast to put the situation into God's hands. I don't think God is a God of injustice and I will not be guilty of not doing what she has advised me to do. Since she said she did it, I need to as well.

Thank you all. I will update you as things progress.
My brother am not against prayers , but for what is yours you ask for it.
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:10am On Oct 26, 2017
Philosophia:

Thank you so much.

My heart goes out to you, dear. cry I can't even imagine how much you're hurting. But please, be inspired...draw strength from your dreams and pursue them relentlessly. You'll be fine. Wish her well.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:16am On Oct 26, 2017
Philosophia:

What kind of prayer am I supposed to pray?

Pray for strength...pray for the joy of the Lord to fill up your heart. Pray for God's leading in all that you do...Pray for good success in all of your endeavours...Pray for a woman with whom you can be happy and fulfill destiny.

God knows I feel for you. I'd take all your aches away if I could. cry
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:18am On Oct 26, 2017
wristbangle:

Don't be a "sissy". She has technically informed you to let her go in order to settle for the arranged man by her family. She has made the decision.

It is time for u to accept reality that she is no longer yours hence time for you to struggle for success.

Wetin u want fast about the situation? U go dry finish while she go dey enjoy with her arrangee rich man. U beta go face your life. Don't be a weak man sad

Biko, wristwatch. Don't be hard on him. cry
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by stevejomo(m): 6:18am On Oct 26, 2017
Please allow her to marry if you are not ready yet. You will find someone better. I was in such situation 3yrs ago.
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by jtjohn(m): 6:23am On Oct 26, 2017
Philosophia:

Thank you so much.

Bro pick up the pieces of your life, I know is not easy but you have to. similar case happen to my cousin and he does not even give a bleep. I was with him few days back, He told me everything wholeheartedly and said what is on His mind is to hustle and make money so he could travel out of the country. My bro hustle hard and make money and watch if she will not come an apologies to you, that she was under duress that's why she got married to the man.
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by olagbemi118(m): 6:24am On Oct 26, 2017
Philosophia:
Hello Romancelanders,

Please help me! I have a very serious issue on my hands. I opened this account because of this, for advice from you. It's actually a long story, but I will try to keep it short.

I have been in a relationship with my gf for 3yrs+ now. We had both not been ready for marriage at the time. She said she had things that she wanted to achieve so she would give herself 5yrs. I felt the same way too but I was looking at my age to settle down as 29 or 30. She was almost 21 at the time, I was 24 at the time.

When I met her she was a shaken, frightened, stubborn and love-starved young lady. Her parents were trying to force into marriage with a "family friend's" son whom she did not like plus she was not ready to settle down at the time. Her father is a retired military man and would use extreme measures like locking her up in a room for days. Anyways, I supported her in everyway I could at the time even at a time meeting the so-called "family friend's" son. I did not intend to get into a relationship at the time but certain things happened and I began to fall in love with her plus she needed love and care so badly. She is a very smart, motivated and beautiful young lady.

We got into a relationship and with time, the pressure as regards marrying the guy died or so I thought. From then till now, we have both been striving hard to make things get better. She was trying to run a business while I was working at a small magazine company. Unfortunately I admit, even though I was not earning much at the magazine, I was careless with my finances. I would spend on her, us and on a couple of mundane things but the bulk was on her and us.

Well, the financial crunch hit and I lost my job being owed several months in back-salary. I had very little savings. Things were not going too well with her in her business either. And so what little savings I had plus borrowed money from my parents joined with her own funds(including borrowed money), we started a business. We have been almost a year into the business now. Things are so dull. She hardly comes to the office anymore. I manage to go with little funds raised from teaching at minor places plus my parents support. We have been trying a "new" field though which seems a bit positive.

You have the back story now. Here is the problem.

Of recent, her body language and speech + whatsapp chat seemed to be dodgy, non-committal and atimes even coated with disdain. I knew something was wrong. I had wanted to talk to her and she said she wanted to discuss something with me as well, but she had basically refused to show-up when I call her out. Well, I was not so much a fan of going to her house because of chances of meeting her mum plus her several siblings But I braved it and showed up at her house on Sunday. I asked her what the matter was.

She told me of how her family was pressuring her and almost everyone she met was telling her to try and settle down. She said how she knows that I am not ready to settle down anytime soon. She said she had been praying about it and she has received an answer that she should settle down and that she do so before this time next year. She wants to get married before her birthday. People, she said several things and I said several things and I walked out angrily and dazed but I just gave the highlight of the issue. I could not wrap my head properly around it for a while but later I calmed down and I asked her a few questions.

It seems her mind is made up on marriage. She says she would prefer if it was me because she loves me, but if not, it is the will of God. She said some other things. I am just dazed and I don't know how to take it or how to act or what to do.

My life is not where I want it to be. I don't have the resources to turn things around right now. I am in a quagmire. Please Help!
I just know DAT all will be fine with u... God can change any man's story within a minute. He did it for me & He will do urs
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:28am On Oct 26, 2017
Demigods666:

It's not late, first I would like to help you out in your financial aspect, not asking you for money, I would like to give you something to use and watch your financial life turn around within a week, what I will give you will attract all kinds of women to you you can get a new better one if you choose, will also attract your current GF back to you. It's for both love and business prosperity. When you confirm it. You can come thank me later with something nice.

Away with you! He doesn't need any of your fetish prescriptions!
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:30am On Oct 26, 2017
cescky:

Guy, I perfectly get what your going through... because I went through similar stuff.

I'll summeriise, and be brief...yes your in pain now..but this pain will do two things to you, depending on you, if you stay positive, be God dependent you will meet a better person...or let it depress you and soak you in negativity which will drag you years back in terms of finance, etc. But your thinking won't affect bher plans or her intended marriage so you'll only be killing yourself.

Talking frm experience, years from now you will see her and laugh over the matter...she may not laugh though because evidently she loves you...but girls marry for many reasons love is not in the top of their list.so she may most likely suffer in this new relationship because, she's spent more time with you and is marrying the other. Guy for society...she may suffer or not but she will put up a front like shes happy

Move on bro, girls are hard hearted... both chuch and non church girls ..they don't marry for love

Don't depress your self with some one who eloped, because things went bad financially, get busy and get your mind occupied, you'll laugh over the matter with time...she will probably cry over bthe matter with time...she eneterd a spiritual concept with a physical idea..

I'm getting married for love...and the fear of God.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by zubis05: 6:48am On Oct 26, 2017
In addition to this op.
If you don't marry that girl you will not die. How do I know? I have been in this situation before. My girlfriend at the time left me because I didn't have a job and she wanted to get married that year. She also used the I have spoken to God nonsense. She hasn't spoken to any God. It's normal for her to want better for her self. She feels the other guy is a better option. Cry if you want to but let her go. Believe me, your life won't end if you don't marry that very girl. Wish her well and move on. Shey you have a business now? Focus on it brother. It's not a must you will marry at 29 or 30. Marriage is a lifetime commitment, please don't mess it up by hurrying into it.
I repeat, wish her well and move on. Even if you guys settle this issue will come up later.
I am not saying your case will be like my own o, but you see that my girlfriend? She never still marry o! cheesy and she has come back twice and is still trying to come back now that I have a job (na well paying job I suppose write for there o).
Bottom line oga, life will not end!

MrHistorian:
You've written well.No surprises you worked in a Magazine company.

Now to your story,I will castigate you for over-investing in a lady you are not officially betrothed to.Thank God you acknowledged that and must have learnt from it.However,her sudden change in character might not be unconnected to the following points;;;

FINANCIAL INSTABILITY
Since you lost your job and have being financially crippled to meet her demands unlike before when you shower her with unrequested gifts.She "might" be a too materialistic lady who finds it very difficult to adjust with situations thus her sudden excuse of getting too late to marry just to find a mutual way of breaking up with you afterall she believes there are other rich suitors awaiting her.

REMOUNTING PARENTAL/SOCIETAL PRESSURE
Your Post claimed that her parents didn't give an approval of your relationship at first which makes it easier for her to pull up any action that might endanger your relationship with her since her parents approval of you was sluggish and not entirely wholeheartedly.Also,The recent proliferation of pre wedding pictures on the cyber space and other related social platform might just have triggered her obsession witj getting married as at this time irrespective of the opposing odds.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Emvicprints1: 6:52am On Oct 26, 2017
Philosophia:

Thank you so much.

tears in your eyes this buhari rigime. Boy be grateful she is even leaving though it hurts give your self time and pursue this money you will find better love at the end.
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Uhomanbulus110(f): 7:00am On Oct 26, 2017
Let her go since you are not ready for marriage stod waste her percious time
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by twosquare(m): 7:03am On Oct 26, 2017
emmyreb:
There are two things involve in this, is either she's seeing someone else which I'm positive about that or she's about to, about to means she has been friend with d man in question...... secondly, you claims to love her right? pls don't beg her to stay but have it that her leaving is a stepping stone to success for you...... had similar experience but story for another day dou
I wan hear. angry
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by kense88: 7:13am On Oct 26, 2017
We understand how you feel bro. Just dominate your field or at least make an attempt to. Multiply your effort(also remember to work smart). Then she will regret her decision
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by EKOSuperior(m): 7:14am On Oct 26, 2017
I am a victim of this. I dated a girl for three years, we were in a very serious relationship. She wedded on the 31st of December 2016 and heaven didn't fall. Brother let her go.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Spain007(m): 7:17am On Oct 26, 2017
Philosophia:

Thank you so much.

Bro you need PRAYERS.
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by engrelvis(m): 7:21am On Oct 26, 2017
@op.relax n let d girl go.if she is yrs u guys will marry.i things might look somehow now but u will get over it.it might even b a blessing in disguise . when some ladies (with all due respect to our ladies)r in yr things don't move well.so if she cannot wait let her go.besides women r like flowers
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by ruky8(m): 7:25am On Oct 26, 2017
Philosophia:
Hello Romancelanders,

Please help me! I have a very serious issue on my hands. I opened this account because of this, for advice from you. It's actually a long story, but I will try to keep it short.

I have been in a relationship with my gf for 3yrs+ now. We had both not been ready for marriage at the time. She said she had things that she wanted to achieve so she would give herself 5yrs. I felt the same way too but I was looking at my age to settle down as 29 or 30. She was almost 21 at the time, I was 24 at the time.

When I met her she was a shaken, frightened, stubborn and love-starved young lady. Her parents were trying to force into marriage with a "family friend's" son whom she did not like plus she was not ready to settle down at the time. Her father is a retired military man and would use extreme measures like locking her up in a room for days. Anyways, I supported her in everyway I could at the time even at a time meeting the so-called "family friend's" son. I did not intend to get into a relationship at the time but certain things happened and I began to fall in love with her plus she needed love and care so badly. She is a very smart, motivated and beautiful young lady.

We got into a relationship and with time, the pressure as regards marrying the guy died or so I thought. From then till now, we have both been striving hard to make things get better. She was trying to run a business while I was working at a small magazine company. Unfortunately I admit, even though I was not earning much at the magazine, I was careless with my finances. I would spend on her, us and on a couple of mundane things but the bulk was on her and us.

Well, the financial crunch hit and I lost my job being owed several months in back-salary. I had very little savings. Things were not going too well with her in her business either. And so what little savings I had plus borrowed money from my parents joined with her own funds(including borrowed money), we started a business. We have been almost a year into the business now. Things are so dull. She hardly comes to the office anymore. I manage to go with little funds raised from teaching at minor places plus my parents support. We have been trying a "new" field though which seems a bit positive.

You have the back story now. Here is the problem.

Of recent, her body language and speech + whatsapp chat seemed to be dodgy, non-committal and atimes even coated with disdain. I knew something was wrong. I had wanted to talk to her and she said she wanted to discuss something with me as well, but she had basically refused to show-up when I call her out. Well, I was not so much a fan of going to her house because of chances of meeting her mum plus her several siblings But I braved it and showed up at her house on Sunday. I asked her what the matter was.

She told me of how her family was pressuring her and almost everyone she met was telling her to try and settle down. She said how she knows that I am not ready to settle down anytime soon. She said she had been praying about it and she has received an answer that she should settle down and that she do so before this time next year. She wants to get married before her birthday. People, she said several things and I said several things and I walked out angrily and dazed but I just gave the highlight of the issue. I could not wrap my head properly around it for a while but later I calmed down and I asked her a few questions.

It seems her mind is made up on marriage. She says she would prefer if it was me because she loves me, but if not, it is the will of God. She said some other things. I am just dazed and I don't know how to take it or how to act or what to do.

My life is not where I want it to be. I don't have the resources to turn things around right now. I am in a quagmire. Please Help!

You write well. Thumbs up
Re: My Girlfriend Hit Me With A Sudden News by Zhahovic(m): 7:25am On Oct 26, 2017
women are like noble gases...they are highly unstable..I am sure from her behaviour towards U she has someone else. The annoying thing is instead of telling U out rightly, she will be giving U attitude... bro..just focus on making money and keeping yourself comfy.. .love is overrated

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Wedding Called Off Due To Incompatible Genotype (Photo) / Dear Slay Queens / Elderly Couple's Display Of Undying Love Melts Hearts In Enugu (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.