Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (347066 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2017

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
I use the self check-in Machine to print my boarding pass. Niw waiting for mt flight.

Make i find one charging port start ro reply messages here.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 7:58pm On Nov 19, 2017
BlowJobs:
Guys, I'm at the airport.

I might not reply for now.

Mrs K and i got into a huge fight. She was mad, then calm down amd i was mad and I'm still yet to calm down.

However, na just shakara. I just wanna stay mad for a while just cos she was mad at frist.

I bought another property in Nigeria. It cost me 7kUSD. It is my 2nd property since i start to dey hustle for this yankee.
I wasn't planning on buying it cos i never thought the transaction will go through. The seller agreed and it went through yesterday.
It totally forgot cos like i said, i wasn't planning of buying it.
Mrs K found out this morning (my dad called me). Telling me the total and the balance. She was so upset i kept something like that from her, then she got upset i spent 7k on a property when we could put it towards buying a house here. She got upset i'm "building" a property in Nigeria that i don't plan to live in. She got upset that maybe i wanna take a wife in Nigeria and my family knows about it, she got upset about every possibilities.

I apologize and explained everything to her, she's calm now. And now, i am the one upset for her putting me through all those explanations. I am really upset. Na my own shakara time now.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 8:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
There's this guy from her work, a senior colleague that has been telling her for the past 2 weeks how people marry americans for papers. Telling her about how they run away after they get their papers. He basically has been "fingering" her brains and saying i might have a "bae" back where I'm from .
So when she heard i bought a new property, every sense organ In her start clicking. She said the guys voice start ecoing in her head, like for a sec, he believed him and was afraid ill be gone in sec.

So guys, it wasn't funny. So she was upset cos she was afraid.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 8:14pm On Nov 19, 2017
I am still doing my own shakara. However, deep inside me. I just wanna talk to her.

I know things are different now cos she's my wife. I'm just really mad and at this point, i don't even know why I'm mad.

So, as a married man now, i need to explain to my wife how i spend my money and what i plan to spend my money on.. chai!!!.
See as i throway freedom of "bachelorhood".

Anyway, i still love my wife.. make i do my own shakara too

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sirhamilton(m): 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2017
lionlee216:

Didn't get it sir. Your email will be helpful
sirhamilton21@gmail.com
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2017
Still in Boston logan Airport (C) waiting.. yet to check in cos my flght is in 3hrs.

Terminal C has bewn remolded since the last time i flew jetblue.
This will be my 25th flight in 13 months...

Me sef don dey join the league of drequent flyers grin grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by petemail2all(m): 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2017
Bro I remember you said something like today is also her birthday and you planned surprising her with the marriage stuff. How did it go? You also said something about planning with the attorney.... Just throw some lights here.

BlowJobs:
I am still doing my own shakara. However, deep inside me. I just wanna talk to her.

I know things are different now cos she's my wife. I'm just really mad and at this point, i don't even know why I'm mad.

So, as a married man now, i need to explain to my wife how i spend my money and what i plan to spend my money on.. chai!!!.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
petemail2all:
Bro I remember you said something like today is also her birthday and you planned surprising her with the marriage stuff. How did it go? You also said something about planning with the attorney.... Just throw some lights here.

It went well. Her "Aporoko" sister gave it away grin grin. She no fit hide am. She was too excited.
Yesterday was her birthday. The official ceremony took less than 10mins and JP pronounced us married.

She knew though but went with it and acted surprised till the evening when we were watching Spiderman grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sirhamilton(m): 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
BlowJobs:

I bought another property in Nigeria. It cost me 7kUSD. It is my 2nd property since i start to dey hustle for this yankee.
I wasn't planning on buying it cos i never thought the transaction will go through. The seller agreed and it went through yesterday.
It totally forgot cos like i said, i wasn't planning of buying it.
Mrs K found out this morning (my dad called me). Telling me the total and the balance. She was so upset i kept something like that from her, then she got upset i spent 7k on a property when we could put it towards buying a house here. She got upset i'm "building" a property in Nigeria that i don't plan to live in. She got upset that maybe i wanna take a wife in Nigeria and my family knows about it, she got upset about every possibilities.

I apologize and explained everything to her, she's calm now. And now, i am the one upset for her putting me through all those explanations. I am really upset. Na my own shakara time now.

Oga BJ you know sey you na ma guy. Make i no lie Sha, Lady K is kinda right in being upset. Anyway sha no too do shakara

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Infamous(m): 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
BlowJobs:
There's this guy from her work, a senior colleague that has been telling her for the past 2 weeks how people marry americans for papers. Telling her about how they run away after they get their papers. He basically has been "fingering" her brains and saying i might have a "bae" back where I'm from .
So when she heard i bought a new property, every sense organ In her start clicking. She said the guys voice start ecoing in her head, like for a sec, he believed him and was afraid ill be gone in sec.

So guys, it wasn't funny. So she was upset cos she was afraid.
People can be winch sha o. But are you traveling with Mrs?

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by petemail2all(m): 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
Lol. No wonder you said nothing abt it. Well you try Jor. Thumbs up bro. All the best man.

BlowJobs:

It went well. Her "Aporoko" sister gave it away grin grin. She no fit hide am. She was too excited.
Yesterday was her birthday. The official ceremony took less than 10mins and JP pronounced us married.

She knew though but went with it and acted surprised till the evening when we were watching Spiderman grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
Airport food and high price.. see this dry looking Vietnamese food. Cost 13.42$ plus water. Chai.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by MRSHYCAT(m): 8:42pm On Nov 19, 2017
@bj, I've been a silent follower of this thread from day one. I must say I'm really impressed with your person. Our image as a people has been battered. it will take people like you to restore some of our lost pride as a people and our good name. I wish you a happy married life and as many kids that will make you happy. eh about the fight, I will plead that you don't make the mistake of doing anything back home in 9ja without her consent. you might be married now, but you need to keep assuring her of your undying love for her.
abeg, make una no vex for this my long story. I'm just feeling happy for my e-friend and brother.
n/b I didn't proof read o! for those English teachers.
over and out!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by MRSHYCAT(m): 8:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
BlowJobs:
Airport food and high price.. see this dry looking Vietnamese food. Cost 13.42$ plus water. Chai.

Jesus!!! bj u dey use over 4k naira dey chop one meal chai . nwanne lenu ezigbo chaw... don't worry, I'll be in Yankee for your child dedication ceremony. you'll take me to this same airport and buy my own chaw too

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by solidmyk(m): 9:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
Its been a while nw since I've been following this thread nd I get this nice feeling whenever I start reading, the way he reply and handles matter is quite impressive, I pray God bless ur union with Mrs K. Kudos to you Mr BJ.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 9:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
Still on the mata. Flight soon.. now at my gate.

Make i bring out my laptop for proper reply

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2017
First christmas tree I'm seeing this year.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 9:32pm On Nov 19, 2017
I saw a post recently on the hime page talking about world class information desk at Benin airport. grin grin grin

This pic na the arrival information desk for terminal C. Ome of many arrival desk.

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2017
sirhamilton:

Oga BJ you know sey you na ma guy. Make i no lie Sha, Lady K is kinda right in being upset. Anyway sha no too do shakara

She's kind of right. She has every reason to be upset. However, i was mad that for 2years now, one yeye guy can still make her think like that

Infamous:
People can be winch sha o. But are you traveling with Mrs?

Nah, i am traveling alone. na short travel. short business grin

petemail2all:
Lol. No wonder you said nothing abt it. Well you try Jor. Thumbs up bro. All the best man.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2017
MRSHYCAT:

Jesus!!! bj u dey use over 4k naira dey chop one meal chai . nwanne lenu ezigbo chaw... don't worry, I'll be in Yankee for your child dedication ceremony. you'll take me to this same airport and buy my own chaw too

grin grin grin. No worry, i got you. When you start to dey spend dollar, You no go dey think naira again grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
MRSHYCAT:
@bj, I've been a silent follower of this thread from day one. I must say I'm really impressed with your person. Our image as a people has been battered. it will take people like you to restore some of our lost pride as a people and our good name. I wish you a happy married life and as many kids that will make you happy. eh about the fight, I will plead that you don't make the mistake of doing anything back home in 9ja without her consent. you might be married now, but you need to keep assuring her of your undying love for her.
abeg, make una no vex for this my long story. I'm just feeling happy for my e-friend and brother.
n/b I didn't proof read o! for those English teachers.
over and out!!!!

I still will do lots of stuff. I just have to make sure i satisfy her first. She has been the realest girl in my life ever.

BUT,

Make i tell you something. I will only say this once. I'll never mention this again, maybe i will edit this in future so i will put it in a quote

Oyinbo people head dey touch sometimes. Dem fit wake up one morning just reason say dem wan change everything wey dem don dey do. Wife fit wake up say she dey bored ask her husband for divorce. I don see am before, Last year, One woman divorce him husband to date her gym instructor. She say d instructor make her feel one kain way she never feel before.
I am not saying my wife will leave me or she will change. However, i won't stop doing some projects back home i always wanted to do and i won't stop going into the plans and dreams i have way before she came into my life. I won't stop trying the business ideas i have in my head just because she was upset. So, if things change in the future, I will not regret not trying things i want because my wife will be upset.

I am not saying i don't love my wife or my wife will change or i will keep things from her. I will be as transparent as i have been. I just need to make sure i discuss it with her more often.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 10:10pm On Nov 19, 2017
i said it before. My wife is Liberal, country girl. The kind of person that wants Same opportunity for all, Want Immigrants to come to the US, the kind that cries when she sees suffering children on TV, the kind that gets mad seeing homeless people on the street. She is really quiet.

few months ago, she woke up and said she wants to grow her own marijuana. There was absolutely nothing i can do to stop her. I told her several times to rethink her decision, she no gree. She hasn't grown it yet but she has the seeds that she bought online for 60$ She just need time off work to properly plan it.

Like i said, people can wake up someday and decide they want to live differently. This is America, it is normal.I love my wife regardless. I just dey one corner dey cheer her waiting to see the Marijuana grow.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Olufemi786(m): 10:19pm On Nov 19, 2017
BlowJobs:
i said it before. My wife is Liberal, country girl. The kind of person that wants Same opportunity for all, Want Immigrants to come to the US, the kind that cries when she sees suffering children on TV, the kind that gets mad seeing homeless people on the street. She is really quiet.

few months ago, she woke up and said she wants to grow her own marijuana. There was absolutely nothing i can do to stop her. I told her several times to rethink her decision, she no gree. She hasn't grown it yet but she has the seeds that she bought online for 60$ She just need time off work to properly plan it.

Like i said, people can wake up someday and decide they want to live differently. This is America, it is normal.I love my wife regardless. I just dey one corner dey cheer her waiting to see the Marijuana grow.
Happy married life, God will bless your new family..am happy for you.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Infamous(m): 10:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
BlowJobs:

Well, she made that decision before you married her. Are there any chances that she'll reconsider?
BTW, is marijuana legal in that part?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2017
olatuneji:

Bro I must be earnest with u.this thread has touch me immensely. from my very early childhood days I have always been desperate about travelling out but the militating factor waying me down is money thereby putting cessation to my abroad dream.this ur nice thread has taught me money is not everything,getting quality information shld be the deal.I salute your hustling spirit .I am an hustler as well.I am in a quagmire suitation right now but with this information u are freely passing across has seriously rekindle my band dream.I am in my late 20's.finish service 4yrs ago till now no job.bro country Nigeria I'd frustrating .
Mouth Gig I have been meticulously paying attention to every information u are providing.I have reach a concludion .I have decided to follow ur footstep.
Now I want to take you on key point u raised and I require candid response from u.
1.You said moving yo Caribbean us easier but expensive .they ain't cheap to visit.are u referring to fight fees,cost of feeding over there and accommodation .pls expansiate.
2.if I have someone over there to accommodate me .what does this signifies.any advantage .
3.I want to travel on studying parole(package) and I prefer full funded programs (MPhil).what must I do to qualify for this.on the other side,if am to pay tuition fees must I pay in full before getting student permit.also how would u access cost of tuition fees over there.I would like to go for nursing program or any science courses.is it cheap or costly.
4.one of the doc u tender before getting ur visa u said is d printout of ur uncle bank account .do u mean statement of bank account also what is the minimum amount one shld ave in his account.
5.someone travelling from Nigeria to any carribean country.like how much one shld budget for plane fare.did u took direct flight when travelling.
6.bro my proposed travelling to a Caribbean country is simply because of work and I don't want to deceive myself getting a job there .is not easy to come by just as u earlier stated .I am already learning barbing job but if I happen to be ur brother what skill would u advice me to learn before coming.

I would be glad if u do justice to my questions.

Cost of flight, accommodation. Feeding isn’t that bad. It’s just like naija except you wan start to dey eat imported foods. Majorly, Flight is not cheap. You know it is a big destination for tourism, so not cheap
Yes, it does signify an advantage. Infact, it will help you a lot. They will show you around and help you settle in.
Most Mphil in sciences are fully funded. You just have to make sure you have a high GPA (starting from 3.1) and write a good research proposal to the dept you are applying to and also make sure you look up the prof and see anyone that has a similar research and/or willing to supervise you. Also, make sure you apply early. The main trick is applying early plus they should receive your documents ASAP.
And No, you don’t have to pay in full. They will let you know how much you need to pay first. Most times, it is in instalments. You have to pay the minimum that allows you to register for at least a course so they can process your Study permit with immigration (you have to be registered before school issue a letter to process your permit).
Accessing cost of tuition will be under the information in the admissions section.
For nursing, it is a really competitive program. Most times, they interview the candidates. You might not be able to get in if you are applying from abroad, I however can’t say specifically since it is different countries we are talking about here. I think for St Lucia, you can get in from abroad, can’t say for Trinidad or Guyana or Jamaica or St Kitts, and some others. I am specific about St Lucia.
Nurisng program costs varies from different countries. I think it is cheaper in Jamaica. You do however have a upper hand doing it in the Caribbean. Nurses here are in high demand all over. Most leave after 2 years to Canada, US, UK and some other places in Europe
Yes, statement of account. To be on the safe side, Have like 1.5Mil upwards

For plane ticket, I can’t say, you have to look it up. Dollar was still considerably low when I left naija cos it helped the Naira I had.

Yes, barbing will help. However learn some more skilled works like Welding, plumbing, anything in construction and things that have to do with Machinery. You might say you will spend long time in the Caribbean and before you know it, you find yourself in America in few months, you will need all those skills you have.
If you have more questions you think I haven’t answered, please ask

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 11:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
Wow nice one Mr BJ, abeg make you bring popcorn when coming back o
BlowJobs:

grin grin grin. No worry, i got you. When you start to dey spend dollar, You no go dey think naira again grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 11:30pm On Nov 19, 2017
BlowJobs:
Guys, I'm at the airport.

I might not reply for now.

Mrs K and i got into a huge fight. She was mad, then calm down amd i was mad and I'm still yet to calm down

However, na just shakara. I just wanna stay mad for a while just cos she was mad at frist.
chei... abeg make una no fight ooo. The journey has just begun.

Wetin u dey do for airport?? My friend u better turn back and settle with her grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 11:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
BlowJobs:

na you send those messages abi na she
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 20, 2017
Congratulations sir....

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 2:33am On Nov 20, 2017
BlowJobs:

I still will do lots of stuff. I just have to make sure i satisfy her first. She has been the realest girl in my life ever.

BUT,

Make i tell you something. I will only say this once. I'll never mention this again, maybe i will edit this in future so i will put it in a quote

God bless you bro. Keep on the project in naija.. Oyinbo head dey touch big time and there are not really second chance in their dictionary.... Pls love her. As for her boss fingering her brain, i would have seriously warned her boss to stay away from my marriage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.