Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (347351 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by whyteone: 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2017
MsNgo40:

Ohhhh.....my mistake.
You were asking a rhetorical question... embarassed
Sorry....thought u wanted an answered since u mentioned me.
And yes...he is a lovely dad.
Thanks smiley
IF YOU CHOOSE TO "FOLLOW" OR "PM" ME BECAUSE YOU WANT SOMETHING, THEN..... DON'T. THANKS

I find this,intriguing,miss.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by skytouch2(f): 5:13am On Nov 24, 2017
I'm a silent follower of this thread. It always good to gather one or two lessons from people testimonies.
@ bigtt76 , I need your advice with regard to that UK visa on statement of account. I have pm you . I will like to ask you one or two questions under the camera so as not to derailed this thread.
Thanks
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 7:09am On Nov 24, 2017
You can go ahead and ask. It will be relevant to all here. It's only when be delve into mushy mushy love things that derails a thread. So shoot.

skytouch2:
I'm a silent follower of this thread. It always good to gather one or two lessons from people testimonies.
@ bigtt76 , I need your advice with regard to that UK visa on statement of account. I have pm you . I will like to ask you one or two questions under the camera so as not to derailed this thread.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
I'm thankful for (personal)a gift of life and the lessons the world as taught me over the yrs, the opportunity to Partake in this wonderful thread.....Naija might be a hell-hole and things are might not moving fine but i believe when their life there's hope...(ediye ti ko kuku sima je agbaado)
BlowJobs:

Oh yeah i forgot. Will update later
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 5:28pm On Nov 24, 2017
gringrin
baba what did i miss nao
NB why can't you check out UAe and Qatar thread bro
comradespade:
I'm thankful for being in this hell-hole while my mates are making it happen in amelika undecided
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
whyteone:
IF YOU CHOOSE TO "FOLLOW" OR "PM" ME BECAUSE YOU WANT SOMETHING, THEN..... DON'T. THANKS

I find this,intriguing,miss.

You find my "signature" intriguing?
Why is that sir/ma'am?
It's pretty straightforward.... smiley

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Josh4wod: 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2017
BlowJobs:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Healthy food is good. Lol.

Boring but good.
Even with the love Blockage she's beautiful

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 8:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
So if I follow or pm you for friendship.... It's not allowed? undecided

MsNgo40:

Why is that sir/ma'am?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
bigtt76:
So if I follow or pm you for friendship.... It's not allowed? undecided

It's allowed.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by YungJo207(m): 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2017
But wait oo been trying to figure out something in my head since morning and can't think straight maybe people with travel experience and those in America can help me sad

So one of my brother friend travel to America ( his mom have been living there for more than 20yrs now) he just Army and like play like play 3months later dude drives a Benz of 43million naira ...another one travel and before anybody will say 7months dude was telling us how he does little things with maunul labor ( he looks like hulk anyways grin) he says he can now say he's worth $153k cash no assest as at November this year shocked

Question: how did some Nigerian get over there and 1,2 they are making million some Nigerian are still ok but not that financial ok and some American ( yes citizen ) can't hit their chest of owning even $2k and yet they work
I remember talking to a lady in America I think in her late 40s she had an Arab buyer for Nigeria ginger that was how we started talking one conversation to another and she said she haven't had $5k cash of hers before shocked abeg shey some people hustle pass some people abi na wetin??

My people abeg the matter don tire me pls explain people that live there.

Cc blowjobs,sirhamilton,manoftheyear,error404

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Mznaett: 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
esteeino13:
@bj pls my brother is in Romania doing his masters can he apply for summer jobs in the US?? if yes please how will he apply... thank u, u are really doing a great job

Is he doing his Advance Marine Engineering in offshore industry?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by whyteone: 11:30pm On Nov 24, 2017
MsNgo40:

Why is that sir/ma'am?
Do you care there might be people who genuinely need 'something' from you?
Is your signature a result of your life experience(s)?
Suffered betrayal before?

Just wondering,miss.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Bede2u(m): 3:57am On Nov 25, 2017
Bede2u:
boss. I like you. Congrats on ur successes so far. More power to ur elbow.

Am in Qatar now. Earning good pay as a Safety personel. However qatar is a hot, muslim country and even tho its fast developing, there are still mega restrictions and lack of openness and most jobs here are in construction cos its a developing nation. If Construction finish? Then no more work. I cant be here when that happens. I need to move and it has to be U.S cos no matter the country I move to, if its not U.s, i wont feel settled. And by move i mean move to u.s forever. No more coming back to Naija. Raise american family, live and die in america.

What are my options. How best can i come to u.s. Am late 20s, single, bsc holder, smart have about 2mil naira in savings so far. Wanna move from qatar latest 2020.

Thanks in anticipation and congrats again
BlowJobs:

Oh yeah i forgot. Will update later
Please baba. Zazianu m. u promised to answer me this

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 5:53am On Nov 25, 2017
Firstly, your guy driving a 43 million naira Benz does not mean he owns it. It could be rented or leased. It could be his though bought on credit and not cash down. It could also be on credit backed by his mom.

Your other guy with $153k might be working at a construction site or under the table saving every cent.

Most Americans don't have much in their bank accounts because they live on credit. Every check they pay into their account cancels out a credit they had taken or mortgage facility. Don't be swayed jaaaare.

YungJo207:
But wait oo been trying to figure out something in my head since morning and can't think straight maybe people with travel experience and those in America can help me sad

So one of my brother friend travel to America ( his mom have been living there for more than 20yrs now) he just Army and like play like play 3months later dude drives a Benz of 43million naira ...another one travel and before anybody will say 7months dude was telling us how he does little things with maunul labor ( he looks like hulk anyways grin) he says he can now say he's worth $153k cash no assest as at November this year shocked

Question: how did some Nigerian get over there and 1,2 they are making million some Nigerian are still ok but not that financial ok and some American ( yes citizen ) can't hit their chest of owning even $2k and yet they work
I remember talking to a lady in America I think in her late 40s she had an Arab buyer for Nigeria ginger that was how we started talking one conversation to another and she said she haven't had $5k cash of hers before shocked abeg shey some people hustle pass some people abi na wetin??

My people abeg the matter don tire me pls explain people that live there.

Cc blowjobs,sirhamilton,manoftheyear,error404

15 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Infamous(m): 5:54am On Nov 25, 2017
Bede2u:
Please baba. Zazianu m. u promised to answer me this
Hehehe. Frankie's been busy.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Infamous(m): 5:57am On Nov 25, 2017
bigtt76:
Firstly, your guy driving a 43 million naira Benz does not mean he owns it. It could be rented or leased. It could be his though bought on credit and not cash down. It could also be on credit backed by his mom.

Your other guy with $153k might be working at a construction site or under the table saving every cent.

Most Americans don't have much in their bank accounts because they live on credit. Every check they pay into their account cancels out a credit they had taken or mortgage facility. Don't be swayed jaaaare.

Chei. I abhor borrow borrow life.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by nwolisar: 6:11am On Nov 25, 2017
Oga Blowjobs, I've been on ghostmode reading this thread from your 1st post, I admire everything 1000%.. How you compose the lines and answer all the questions, to your generosity and not picking offence for some questions and comments way I don help you conq some people already sef.

Congrats Bro on ur marriage. God will definitely enlarge and enrich both of you and take you to great heights.

I would say I've always been a pro-naija but the uncertainties of the last 2 years wan come dey gimme factory reset. cheesy and your thread has been a sort of fresh air and relief. I have an MSc, PhD in view (but I never put in much work yet). I studied Physics

As I dey wait for that Mrs wey dey delay, in my early 30s though, what options do I have should I decide to leave naija....

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 6:17am On Nov 25, 2017
Well you just can't avoid it. It's part of the system. Any huge cash payment is treated suspiciously until proven otherwise. You must be stinkingly rich and in a good profession to afford such.

Infamous:
Chei. I abhor borrow borrow life.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by YungJo207(m): 8:17am On Nov 25, 2017
bigtt76:

Yes it the dude's own paid in cash not credit..this guys dey make me feel like say I need to visit Trump soon.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Josh4wod: 8:21am On Nov 25, 2017
bigtt76:

Exactly
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Josh4wod: 8:26am On Nov 25, 2017
YungJo207:

Yes it the dude's own paid in cash not credit..this guys dey make me feel like say I need to visit Trump soon.
Don't be deceived Bro, the same guy that flunt his riches should be ready to show up his source.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by skytouch2(f): 8:58am On Nov 25, 2017
@bigtt76

Thanks for your response. I and my family had applied for US visa two times this year and got denied. Though, I have learnt one or two things about that experience. The new thing now , I want to try UK visa alone to start building my travel history because I have never travel to any where before . I really want to know ,the ropes the best way I can get this visa without getting refused because I have heard from people that UK visa is tough.
Please advise , I am a novice on visa thing

Thanks
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by YungJo207(m): 9:04am On Nov 25, 2017
Josh4wod:

Don't be deceived Bro, the same guy that flunt his riches should be ready to show up his source.

That another thing undecided but who cares money na money it either you hustle or come Naija come suffer with us grin if you think say na lie ask oga blowjobs.

Anyways howfar your signature which you need let make our own money too 08184771046.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 9:10am On Nov 25, 2017
He's probably not telling you the truth. He's just telling you what will make you envy him the more. Nigerians do that a lot over there. You see them pose in front of lovely cars, go on expensive vacations etc all on credit. They work their a55 out to pay back.

YungJo207:

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TheManOfTheYear: 9:12am On Nov 25, 2017
BlowJobs:

grin grin grin grin. Thank you for the advise. But you got the picture wrong. Pigin dey hard to explain everything sometimes. If i say Mrs K said this or that. What i actually mean is "Mrs K suggested that" or "Mrs K's opinion is"

She's calling no short. I think i have to elaborate better the kind of person she is (maybe on some other post) and the kind of person i am.

Also i want you to know that here is not like naija. Everyone has an opinion, even kids. America is a very opinionated country, you can't disregard other person's opinion just because you want to "take charge". Regardless, she listens to me and take my advise 99% of the time. That's why we have been able to work on our issues.

Let me write the direct transcript of our conversation like i remembered it

Mrs K: (on Amazon looking for a winter jacket)Babe i like this one, should i buy it?

Me: (checks computer sees price) chineke!!, 189$?. No!, e too cost. I think you can get it cheaper on cyber Monday. Why not wait or check eBay. you have to buy a size larger though.

Mrs K: it's not that expensive you know. Besides, its a brand name. And why a size larger?

Me:So it fits next year, you know, just incase we got preg

Mrs k: i actually been reading about that and post baby fats. I really think we should change our diet to include more vegetables and healthy options. It's for our own good and also the baby. I need your support about it. You know i can't do it on my own. Think about it as you finally getting the six packs.

Me: with all the food wey you chop sef, you no even change. I'd have to think about it. Make a list of things we need to cut out of our groceries and the list of the healthy options. Let's see what we need to improve on

Mrs K: (Making a list) (first on list, Pizza)

Me: (saw pizza). No, not pizza. You can decide not to eat pizza.

Mrs K: (makes the list without pizza). I'm gonna buy you baby books for xmas (while giggling uncontrollably).

Me: (stares at her)

Mrs K: c'mon, its cute. It gets you prepared mentally.(still laughing)

*Notification comes up on her Facebook*

Conversation changes to getting an oil change , back to winter jacket, to the amount of points i have on Jet blue airline, to spending xmas in New york.

I go love ooo grin grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 9:43am On Nov 25, 2017
You're welcome.

As a standard practice, Visa officers always want to see the following in your application

1. Strong ties with your home country
2. Availability of funds to cater for your travel and stay throughout the duration of your visit. This could be very tricky. Don't show proof of funds with N3million and say you are sponsoring yourself for the trip costing you N2.8million for example. The VP would be like, why would you want to spend all your savings just on a 3 weeks vacation. Use wisdom here.
3. Letter of invitation giving strong reason for you to be travel
4. If staying with a host family, that family must prove that they can house you conveniently in an apartment that is rented or owned. They must tender their rent agreement or mortgage documents and bank statements.
5. Your bank statement must show only funds that can be tied to your occupation. That is, if you are an employee with company A, it must show all your salaries paid by the company. Any other cash inflow to that account must be explainable and in your application. For example if in addition to your salary, you get paid commissions by Jumia for affiliate marketing, you should mention that in your application and tender necessary contracts.
6. Ensure no sudden large cash bank deposits before applying it would be suspected.
7. Your storyline should be as genuine as possible no ambiguous stories.
8. A letter from your company (genuinely registered company) showing that you are their staff and you are entitled to a period of time for vacation or leave as well as confirming your salary earned backed by pay slips, would help prove your strong ties.

I think these should help give you a head start. I will update with more but I think from what BlowJobs had mentioned and others in the travel section of NL you will be fine.

I noticed that you mentioned not having traveled anywhere before, I would advise if you can afford it, travel to Ghana or other African countries first before attempting to try the UK visa thing. Though it may sound foolish but VOs would be wondering why you have not traveled to cheaper African countries first before looking to travel to US or UK.

You need to show them how adventurous you are. For me I have a lot of road trips to and from West African coasts splattered all over my passport. I think you should do the same.

Does your wife work? If yes then her own situation should be incorporated into the application. For example you both splitting the cost of the vacation with separate bank statements showing what each of you earned.

Just make sure you package your application well and truthfully but also try as much as possible to avoid unnecessary details. With UK Visa, it is submit and go using their accredited companies like VFS or others. No serious interview like US Embassy but you will be asked questions during submission.

The VO handling your application only has your documents to help determine your suitability for the visa. Where need arises, you might be called by phone to explain.

skytouch2:
@bigtt76

Thanks for your response. I and my family had applied for US visa two times this year and got denied. Though, I have learnt one or two things about that experience. The new thing now , I want to try UK visa alone to start building my travel history because I have never travel to any where before . I really want to know ,the ropes the best way I can get this visa without getting refused because I have heard from people that UK visa is tough.
Please advise , I am a novice on visa thing

Thanks

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Josh4wod: 11:18am On Nov 25, 2017
YungJo207:

That another thing undecided but who cares money na money it either you hustle or come Naija come suffer with us grin if you think say na lie ask oga blowjobs.

Anyways howfar your signature which you need let make our own money too (Mobile Number Removed).
Money isn't money

There're troubles that disguise as money. Money that gives peace of mind is the real.

10 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by smoochii: 3:25pm On Nov 25, 2017
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by skytouch2(f): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2017
@bigtt76.

A big thanks for your response. I worked as a full staff of a commercial bank while my wife is a public servant with a federal govt agency.
As you rightly advice that I travel to any west African country, though I will prefer Dubai because US embassy bounces so many peps claiming they have been to Ghana and many other African countries during my last US visa interview ,though I don't know how UK sees travel history of African nations. I just want and pray things are right for this one.
Once again ,thanks.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by bigtt76(f): 6:06pm On Nov 25, 2017
I've never heard of applicants being bounced because they've been to Ghana or other African countries though and UK do not record such trips negatively either.

What may have happened is if they visited Ghana or other countries and over stay or the entry stamps are fake (yes some private transporters not ABC or Cross Country sometimes try to cut corners and get their passengers stamped when they use fake agents) then the US VO sees it as a red flag. Same thing too can happen if you travel to Dubai and you get a fake visa from the agents here in Nigeria.

The only country I know that may lead to a red flag is probably Somali or any of those fighting fighting Islamic countries grin

If you package yourself well, as a bank staff and your wife working in Federal Government agency, should have no problem at all getting the visas - US/UK if you follow the suggestions I gave.

I would advise not to rush to submit a visa application right after your trip to Dubai or any other African countries else they will question how many times in a year does your bank give to staff for vacation.

Lastly, do not equate your own situation with other previously bounced applicants, look at your case differently from others. You never know what they asked those peps who visited Ghana or other countries before they were bounced. All the best.

skytouch2:
@bigtt76.

A big thanks for your response. I worked as a full staff of a commercial bank while my wife is a public servant with a federal govt agency.
As you rightly advice that I travel to any west African country, though I will prefer Dubai because US embassy bounces so many peps claiming they have been to Ghana and many other African countries during my last US visa interview ,though I don't know how UK sees travel history of African nations. I just want and pray things are right for this one.
Once again ,thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sssob: 6:23pm On Nov 25, 2017
Travel to any of the following...kenya..South Africa..Ghana .or any British colony... To build travel history or. apply for conferences in UK as relates to your profession, they should provide letter of invite etc to help your application. When filling your amount to spend on ur trip..biko don't exceed your balance on salary account or supplementary accounts..make your trip affordable in relation to your income. Hummm
what else..
skytouch2:
@bigtt76.

Once again ,thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.