Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,185 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (348321 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 11:26am On Nov 26, 2017
TWoods, i swear I am tired of your wahala.. I simply told him since he has money for ticket, he should write GRE and get good funding. Is the purpose of getting good funding not to solve the issue of him unable to pay tuition as he might be fortunate?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 12:53pm On Nov 26, 2017
BlowJobss, i am so very sorry for derailing your thread.

My sincere apologies.

I just only have one more post
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by smadalove(f): 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2017
It is ok everyone, please don't insult each other....lionlee216 already apologized,I don't think there is any nid to expand the matter, everyone is just saying their heart out....and for those that like coming to thread and like asking questions in the midst of discussion , please people should always ignore them,if you want to migrate express your heart in other thread,if you want to visit express that too in other thread,if you want to go to school ,go to student page,n stop causing confusion here n there please.... this is not the only page I follow ,it s only Nigerian u ll see one will create a page n those selling garri wud come and advertise....if you feel u want to migrate ,ask questions where it is suppose to be.. ..Biko.... anybody that ask questions out of the box please ignore.....
The man of the year,Biko behave like American man dat wud ignore talk ...I believe u dey mean twoods ,e just dey say e own...it s d person dat ask questions out of the box u all suppose to attack...
Twoods, seyewest n others please am sure you follow other pages talking about traveling and all that ,we are not the only ones that have problem about migration , I follow some site even USCIS dey follow and other pple ,and you see posting issues with red flags...but white people will ignore and not reply , some wud.... every trick we Nigerians won use self to migrate don't be fooled Americans knows everything ...but they just wat u to do the right thing.... please Biko ....... blowjobs anyone that comes to ask questions please ignore continue what you were sent to do...dis is not a thread for b1/b2,pr f1 or other...create your own thread for questions or join where other are asking questions..... On visajourney page u will see people round world asking questions and they wud either reply the person or ignore the person and they wud not insult the person....if any one is having a problem with anything create your own thread tell justwise..if it s adjusting from b1/b2,f1 or what ever create it.... one tin I no is it s not everyone that do everything perfectly we are not perfect,so anyone in problem check the thread and ask questions , because they are flowing here doesn't mean anyone should just come no where and scatter the thread... please seun opened this page for everyone , open your thread ,if justwise close the thread he will direct you to the right place to ask questions....

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by whyteone: 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2017
MsNgo40:

I appreciate your questions....and although I do have a brick wall up (based on experience and precaution)..I am not made of stone.
How's that for an answer smiley

Good to know you aren't made of stone.

What is clear however,is that you guard that 'thing' of yours,jealously.

I'd like for you to know that no matter what your life experiences are,the world we live in is inhabited by more good than bad people.

Keep an open heart and never say,never!

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 2:50pm On Nov 26, 2017
Like people have rightly said, it is illegal to come to the state and start working with b1/b2 visa.. If you are caught, it's a life ban from the United state..

The truth is no matter what you say on here, people will still come illegally which its their choice.

People on here are quick to attack you people once you come out on here saying you want to do this and that saying you are the one bringing shame to Nigerians abroad. They start castigating you but we all know our leaders are very bad. Before you come on here abusing someone saying they are destroying nigerians' image abroad, i challenge you to send us screenshot of emails sent to our leaders accusing them of bringing shame to Nigeria. Then you will be justified for accusing people on here too.

Our lawmakers phone numbers were once published on the net but they wont send a text message to them accusing them but they are quick to attack people on here. Bunch of hypocrites.

It beats my imagination when someone tells me/people to stay back in nigeria. Nigeria that i have never benefited something from..

If you want people to stay back in Nigeria, lead by example and i personally will do the same. Until Then, mouth sealed!.

Finally, pls tell me any Nigerian that you personally know that was illegal here, caught by police and sent to Nigeria.

My respect to Pidgin2. She is in nigeria and keep saying people in nigeria are better off than those in America. Follow her footstep. Come to Nigeria and start preaching to people to Come back home.

Someone said but i believe that its his own opinion.Being illegal in the US is worse than living in Nigeria..

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by smadalove(f): 3:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
@ lionlee216 u never say your mind finish abi.....ok......no p.... make I help una .. anyone that needs to switch from b1/b2,f1,j1,k1 please use the Google,if Google no reach type b1/b2,f1 to Green card adjustment on nairaland follow the thread ....wake the thread up since 2015 .. people will respond....but this one up here is adjustment of status my Yankee experience...
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Josh4wod: 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2017
bigtt76:
That's the irony of it all - VOs are humans and they have feelings. Their decisions are usually based on information you provided, body language and their perception of you and your submissions.

Always best you don't go to the interview with a teleguided mindset, be as free and relaxed as possible and avoid unsolicited information.
Exactly

Exactly
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Josh4wod: 4:09pm On Nov 26, 2017
omoluabiguy:

Lol... Your guy that joined army probably got his green card with that. You can drive any car of your choice in America if you have a good job that pays you monthly! You don’t have to put down full cash to get a car except you actually have that much money, but most people buy cars or houses on mortgage, all the bank does is to take out the monthly payment from your checks for whatever years it takes to complete the payment. It all depends on having a good job to show and America is ready to give you credit.

Your other guy with $153k might be working 3 jobs together maybe at construction site or something, but believe me he must be working super hard and spending super less to take that much up in 7 months. Bills alone in America is enough to keep you stuck in the middle class, most Americans don’t have savings because they live on credit, but then there are actually people who got money too. So it’s a two way thing! If you are smart, you’ll live comfortably and not worry about taking up billions.... at the end of the day, both the rich and poor lives comfortably in America, the only difference is that the rich pay up their cars and houses at once while the other ones get theirs on credit and have to keep paying it from their pay check till whenever they complete payment which solves the reason why most Americans don’t have savings cuz they are paying bills, mortgages, car loans and whatever loans they are on.

You get the picture now?

Yes, this is also true
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Infamous(m): 4:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
Are there nigerians studying medicine in canada?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 4:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
BlowJobs:
Today, we make the first step towards making the official union.

Did you shop on black Friday? I was able to get some rral good deals at oldnavy store, shoe carnival, jcpenny store and ebay.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by chiboy441(m): 5:43pm On Nov 26, 2017
Nice thread!!! what about the economy?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 26, 2017
Learning.
So, my american dream will surely come to pass.
Lionlee216, you are too much, sir
*grinning in a devilish manner*
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by shakol91(m): 8:53pm On Nov 26, 2017
TWoods:

Nigerians love "solutions", that is why the country has the largest churches on earth and yet is one of the most corrupt and poor... all seeking for "solutions" without realizing that they are the problem. Cutting corners, laissez faire attitudes to legitimate laws, lack of integrity, lax principles [even when they all claim to be "godly"], THESE are the problems with Nigeria... the solution is to change your attitude, not run away to other countries built on the firm foundations of honesty, morality and the rule of law.
i'm not surprise to see your hypocritical post. You always complain about Nigerians,what has religion got to do with what Lionlee216 was discussing with the other guy. You're bereft of ideas and always prove to be Saint in everything and if the best solution you could ever think of is people staying to build Nigeria, why didn't you stay back and join others to put things in order. infact I no get joy 4 you for this thread,you're a blind bat with no sense for quoting me.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sirhamilton(m): 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2017
comradespade:
Learning.
So, my american dream will surely come to pass.
Lionlee216, you are too much, sir
grinning in a devilish manner

Bros you really watch cartoons when you small o grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by omoluabiguy: 9:05pm On Nov 26, 2017
Owols:
I will advice you get at least a year's school fees even if you want to go and hustle when you get to school. You can do your best to be an outstanding student in your first year as this will give you chances of getting funding. Although you can get there and defer admission by maximum of a year, I know a friend who did that.

This is a completely WRONG information. There is no way in the world you can defer an admission or semester for a year in the US as an international student. Defeating one single semester is enough to knock you off status because your school would report you to DHS and your sevis could get terminated. Your friend is lying to you. He has probably fallen off status to become an illegal immigrant!

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
shakol91:
i'm not surprised to see your hypocritical post. You always complain about Nigerians,what has religion got to do with what Lionlee216

Everything. The same people who are happy to cut corners are the same hypocrites who are prepping to go waste their time at the Experience and Holy Ghost congress in a few days. Yeah, people like you too.

Point out the hypocrisy in my post if you can... else i'll assume you're just another disgruntled Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 9:07pm On Nov 26, 2017
omoluabiguy:

This is a completely WRONG information. There is no way in the world you can defer an admission for a year in the US as an international student. Your friend is lying to you. He has probably fallen off status to become an illegal immigrant!

Let them be... they know how to make noise on web forums. they'll be back here whining for help when things pear shaped. If you correct them, they'll say you just want to discourage them.

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by omoluabiguy: 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2017
TWoods:

Let them be... they know how to make noise on web forums. they'll be back here whining for help when things pear shaped.

I swear people on here cracks me up a lot when I just read some things... cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
Seriously, you these America people. Na by force to stay for America.
When there is Canada and Australia PR.
Oga o.
Thanks brother
omoluabiguy:

This is a completely WRONG information. There is no way in the world you can defer an admission or semester for a year in the US as an international student. Defeating one single semester is enough to knock you off status because your school would report you to DHS and your sevis could get terminated. Your friend is lying to you. He has probably fallen off status to become an illegal immigrant!
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 9:12pm On Nov 26, 2017
omoluabiguy:

One semester is too long... once the school reports, the visa is cancelled retroactive to the last day you attended full classes.

Most of the folks here are shortsighted. They don't realize there is a life after school and an F1 visa. Once you've been out of status for even 24 hours, you become ineligible to adjust status within the US and have to go back to your home country. There you'll have to deal with the US consulate again where your time out of status will count against you.

You talk to them and they tell you you're just trying to find trouble... bros... let them fall in the ditch themselves. I will no longer provide any serious advice. Every man to his own folly. I'll be here to laugh at them... by the way, pounded yam loading. You are powerfully invited.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Josh4wod: 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2017
omoluabiguy:

This is very much correct

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hi, I take an exception to what you just said, not everyone on this thread is here to cut corners. I've been to the US before and I left after I finished what I was there for. I do not appreciate been spoken about like you did.
I hate anything illegal and I will not accept been referred to this way.
Thanks.
TWoods:

Let them be... they know how to make noise on web forums. they'll be back here whining for help when things pear shaped. If you correct them, they'll say you just want to discourage them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by shakol91(m): 9:29pm On Nov 26, 2017
TWoods:

Everything. The same people who are happy to cut corners are the same hypocrites who are prepping to go waste their time at the Experience and Holy Ghost congress in a few days. Yeah, people like you too.

Point out the hypocrisy in my post if you can... else i'll assume you're just another disgruntled Nigerian.
you need to go back and read my post, I'm not anxious to come to America, when the time comes I will leave and won't have any reason to seek for any stinking advice from you. Lagosismyhome and others are far better and useful than you in million ways. If it remains only you to give advice on NL, I will choose to take illegal route over your hypocritical advice. You're wayward.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2017
Owols:
Hi, I take an exception to what you just said, not everyone on this thread is here to cut corners. I've been to the US before and I left after I finished what I was there for. I do not appreciate been spoken about like you did.
I hate anything illegal and I will not accept been referred to this way.
Thanks.

My unreserved apologies to you, if i have mischaracterized you.

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by TWoods(m): 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2017
shakol91:
you need to go back and read my post, I'm not anxious to come to America, when the time comes I will leave and won't have any reason to seek for any stinking advice from you. Lagosismyhome and others are far better and useful than you in million ways. If it remains only you to give advice on NL, I will choose to take illegal route over your hypocritical advice. You're wayward.

Yeah sure, because i'm the one who gets put in jail for it... be my guest. grin

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by omoluabiguy: 9:31pm On Nov 26, 2017
Owols:
Seriously, you these America people. Na by force to stay for America.
When there is Canada and Australia PR.
Oga o.
Thanks brother

Well, the US is a very organized society and its not something like the typical Nigerian System. You can do or become whatever you want, but don’t toy with their law! They won’t forgive you, they are not emotional when it comes to breaking laws. It’s like their Holy Grail! The best we can do here is to advise people. No one is here to intimidate you.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sKeetz(m): 9:33pm On Nov 26, 2017
Some people like to carry US matter for head like say Na their papa property. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Josh4wod: 9:35pm On Nov 26, 2017
You guys had really changed the thread topic, you ruined the fun.

Just take things slow....
There're better ways to lay down points than being rude or insultive.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (110) (Reply)

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries / Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.