Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,434 members, 7,815,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (347005 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by spartacus11(m): 3:46am On Feb 27, 2018
TWoods:

I’m not an atheist by any stretch. You and i fundamentally have a different idea about the Christian faith. You think it’s a religion, I think it’s a relationship whose fruits ought to be borne by how you live your life, the decisions you take and the compromises you are willing to make. Nigerians are Christians only by virtue of the fact that they spend their entire week running from one church program to the other. Their lives show zero fruit of this vaunted faith of theirs.

WORD

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Josh4wod: 11:23pm On Feb 27, 2018
BlowJobs:

That's sad though.

Her should check with other agency. That isnt the rule on Dept. Of State's website.

Some of these agency sef dey dull students.
Hello Boss
Can you suggest any agency that might be available in Hungary?
He only know of one which is same as the one that rejected him.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 11:51pm On Feb 27, 2018
BlowJobs:
Adjustment of Status update

Interview scheduled for the end of March.

We are preparing. I am nervous but God dey.

3 posts before the adjustment of status part of the thread is complete

1) Pre and Post Interview experiences

2) Recap of the whole process (forms, documents, payments etc)

3) life after green card in hand.

Total duration of the application process so far: 1Month and 3weeks

You dont mean it. That was so fast. Guess people dont really do AOS in your state. No wonder the process is so fast there. I envy u ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 1:30am On Feb 28, 2018
lionlee216:

You dont mean it. That was so fast. Guess people dont really do AOS in your state. No wonder the process is so fast there. I envy u ooo

I am Surprised too.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 1:34am On Feb 28, 2018
Josh4wod:

Hello Boss
Can you suggest any agency that might be available in Hungary?
He only know of one which is same as the one that rejected him.

https://j1visa.state.gov/sponsors/sponsor-by-country/?program=all

Search Under J1 summer work and travel or Internship( if that is what your friends is searching for)

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Josh121(m): 2:55pm On Feb 28, 2018
Oga BJ please I sent you a PM , I want to know about Studing nursing in TT
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Josh4wod: 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2018
BlowJobs:

https://j1visa.state.gov/sponsors/sponsor-by-country/?program=all

Search Under J1 summer work and travel or Internship( if that is what your friends is searching for)
Thanks a lot Bro
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by giga02(m): 8:55pm On Feb 28, 2018
giga02:

A 3rd class graduate in computer science but little knowledge in hardware and repairs will you advice he goes for 1 year nursing then proceed from there because the guy is suffering since no good grade could fetch him a job and family no helping matters. If he hustles the money to go, get his study permit and take it up from there. Thanks in anticipation
Blowjobs you yet to answer this please
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sevule(m): 4:43pm On Mar 01, 2018
BlowJobs:
Adjustment of Status update

Interview scheduled for the end of March.

We are preparing. I am nervous but God dey.

3 posts before the adjustment of status part of the thread is complete

1) Pre and Post Interview experiences

2) Recap of the whole process (forms, documents, payments etc)

3) life after green card in hand.

Total duration of the application process so far: 1Month and 3weeks

Interview scheduled after less than 2 months? That is insanely fast! Is it the Green Card interview or Biometrics interview?
I think the Notice of interview document you got was for Biometrics not for the green card interview because USCIS does not work that fast. They have to get your biometrics, do background checks, process your application and this usually takes a minimum of 4 months.

Bro check the document you received again, I am pretty certain it is for a Biometrics interview not a Green Card interview
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 6:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
sevule:

Interview scheduled after less than 2 months? That is insanely fast! Is it the Green Card interview or Biometrics interview?
I think the Notice of interview document you got was for Biometrics not for the green card interview because USCIS does not work that fast. They have to get your biometrics, do background checks, process your application and this usually takes a minimum of 4 months.

Bro check the document you received again, I am pretty certain it is for a Biometrics interview not a Green Card interview

E shock me too. I found out AOS is pretty fsst aound here. Like i said immigrants no plenty around here. Na so so white (mostly Americans) people everywhere.
Average processing here is like 3 months.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 6:37pm On Mar 01, 2018
Is like that in place like San Francisco.
BlowJobs:

E shock me too. I found out AOS is pretty fsst aound here. Like i said immigrants no plenty around here. Na so so white (mostly Americans) people everywhere.
Average processing here is like 3 months.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2018
Josh121:
Oga BJ please I sent you a PM , I want to know about Studing nursing in TT

i'll check and get back to you once i get hold of my computer.

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 5:52pm On Mar 04, 2018
i am officially done with Arsenal!!!....

Fukk Wenger. I want him dead like right now ( not actually dead but i am so angry) angry angry angry angry

15 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by hammed71(m): 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2018
BlowJobs:

Fukk Wenger. I want him dead like right now ( not actually dead but i am so angry) angry angry angry angry
lol baba take am easy

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by AngelicBeing: 6:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
BlowJobs:

tongue

6 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Fish123(m): 7:28pm On Mar 04, 2018
I can't help it but.........gringringrin
BlowJobs:

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by shakol91(m): 12:30am On Mar 05, 2018
BlowJobs:

I swear, u no fit vex for Arsenal pass me. Just look below grin
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by fineboy2000: 7:13pm On Mar 07, 2018
Bros Blowjobs I'm interested in moving to the Caribbeans for studies and I need your help and guidaince. My email address is pslot2000@gmail.com. I need to discuss further with you on how to obtain the admission, the university to apply to and the country. Pls I would be expecting your reply.
BlowJobs:

Moving to the Caribbean is easier BUT Expensive. Caribbean countries are not cheap to visit. Like i always tell people.If you don't have a family where you plan to that will accommodate you. Its best to travel as a student. Find the school, apply for what you intend to study, get the admission letter, get the visa, get the transit visa (if you need one). Being on a student visa i believe gives you more than enough time to plan what you really wanna do and how you can make few bucks to take care of yourself.

Most Caribbean countries depends on tourism, so the jobs are limited (there are practically no jobs na why we all go to work in yankee during the holidays) and also the wages are low. for example, i used to work 3 jobs on campus (i failed that year lol) and i was extremely lucky to get those jobs. They are all part time jobs, 2 are stable part time jobs, the last one i have to wait for them to call me. I make a total of around230USD per week. i failed an exam and had to pay 600usd for resit (so its totally not worth it). i discovered one of my job is flexible (we just sit around all day, watch youtube on office computers and wait for people to come in to trouble shoot or when they call us regarding an error or to fix a cable somewhere on campus). so i quit my other job that was demanding ( customer care) and requested more hours from my flexible job (i am required not to work more than 20hrs per week as a student but my boss needs someone in the office constantly so i get 43hrs per week, Mondays to Fridays).
Like i said, the jobs are not there but never say never, right? ( if you are positive thinking like me, you can get anything done)

There are several Nigerian students all over the Caribbean Studying Medicine and nursing. the region will favor you if you are in Health. Doctors and nurses get jobs easily and also if you re in Academics (lecturers, researchers).
put in mind that it is not cheap studying here. it is however flexible and also it gives you access to other countries with less documentation (in comparison to naija, personal experience)

if anyone plan coming here, look into the health field. Maybe i should talk more about it for people in the health field. for example, if you hold a Nursing license of Jamaica, Trinidad and some other countries, the requirements registering for some other western countries (Uk, US, Australia...) are lesser than using your Nigerian license)

I'll talk more about caribbean countries you try to avoid flying directly to from naija in my next post. I am getting late for work

Also, my subsequent posts will be about my yankee hustle., work, cost of things how i manage, etc etc.

Lady K already left for work. she left at 5:00am for work that starts at 8:00am ( Lagos traffic dey here too grin grin grin grin)
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2018
Hi bro, Thanks for creating this thread, I have a very important question partaining to Trinidad and Tobago, I heard you will have to pay 560k for bond fee, even as a student, if not u will have to be running immigration police ? How true is this please ?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Adesquare1992: 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2018
ello BJ

To be brutally honest with you,going through this thread wasn't only helpful,the optimism and drive to pursue my goals was rekindled. Some of the stories shared only affirms that it won't be easy but,with the right and determined mindset,they are achievable.

My name is Ade and I recently completed the National Youth Service Programme. Tentatively,Nigeria isn't the right place to develop myself and unlike most Christians,I don't have enough faith to wait for that political change we have longed desired.

I studied Philosophy and finished with a CGPA of 3.75,working with the Nigeria police force was a deciding factor when I chose to study philosophy with the aim of taking a master degree in criminology and security studies to boost my cv. My brother,as it stands,I cannot work with the Nigeria police force for some personal reasons which I only realised very recently. Maybe in the nearest future,but for now,I can't.

Relocating to the United States is perhaps the dream of virtually every Nigerians. I finally came to the conclusion that I must leave Nigeria,tentatively though. If this must be achievable,what are the "right" steps to take.

Any channel deemed pragmatic is also acceptable. Every possible means no matter how rigorous is also acceptable.

BJ,you are yet to attend to this.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 09, 2018
spartacus11:

WORD
Fact!
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sevule(m): 6:00pm On Mar 09, 2018
Adesquare1992:
ello BJ

To be brutally honest with you,going through this thread wasn't only helpful,the optimism and drive to pursue my goals was rekindled. Some of the stories shared only affirms that it won't be easy but,with the right and determined mindset,they are achievable.

My name is Ade and I recently completed the National Youth Service Programme. Tentatively,Nigeria isn't the right place to develop myself and unlike most Christians,I don't have enough faith to wait for that political change we have longed desired.

I studied Philosophy and finished with a CGPA of 3.75,working with the Nigeria police force was a deciding factor when I chose to study philosophy with the aim of taking a master degree in criminology and security studies to boost my cv. My brother,as it stands,I cannot work with the Nigeria police force for some personal reasons which I only realised very recently. Maybe in the nearest future,but for now,I can't.

Relocating to the United States is perhaps the dream of virtually every Nigerians. I finally came to the conclusion that I must leave Nigeria,tentatively though. If this must be achievable,what are the "right" steps to take.

Any channel deemed pragmatic is also acceptable. Every possible means no matter how rigorous is also acceptable.

BJ,you are yet to attend to this.

I don't get it, are you paying BJ? Why do you say you are yet to attend to this like BJ is a civil servant or you paid him to respond to your inquiry? Please remember that what blowjobs is doing is completely voluntary and he does not owe anybody anything.

Next time please ask nicely.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Adesquare1992: 8:07pm On Mar 09, 2018
Sevule or what do you call yourself? If you had taken it upon yourself to read carefully with your eyes and brain working effectively and efficiently,besides,if you have been following this thread when it all started,you might have noticed that I didn't ask rudely. Thanks for your opinion,you deserve #100 mtn airtime. Mtchewwwww.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Donaltus: 10:45pm On Mar 09, 2018
Adesquare1992:
Sevule or what do you call yourself? If you had taken it upon yourself to read carefully with your eyes and brain working effectively and efficiently,besides,if you have been following this thread when it all started,you might have noticed that I didn't ask rudely. Thanks for your opinion,you deserve #100 mtn airtime. Mtchewwwww.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sevule(m): 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2018
@blowjobs I just checked my status at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do and confirmed that my green card has been sent. Don't worry about your interview, you will surely get your green card. Just make sure you bring ALL the documents that were requested for in the i797c interview notice you received.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BigboysZ(m): 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2018
Congratulations man.I tap from your grace to a fellow brother.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Heykayxx(m): 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2018
sevule:
@blowjobs I just checked my status at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do and confirmed that my green card has been sent. Don't worry about your interview, you will surely get your green card. Just make sure you bring ALL the documents that were requested for in the i797c interview notice you received.
Yaaay! Congratulations chief. The sky is no longer the limit for you.
Boss, can I pm you? I will like to seek your valuable advice on the green card process. I'm in the U.S (legally) as well.
Thanks.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Heykayxx(m): 8:06pm On Mar 10, 2018
Blowj0b's testimony is next, followed by lionlee, then me (in my dreams) grin

7 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Heykayxx(m): 8:10pm On Mar 10, 2018
Adesquare1992:
Brother, calm down o. This person you are bashing for no reason is a senior man o. Moreover, like he pointed out, bl0wjobs owe you nothing! Everyone else on this thread, ditto. No offense meant whatsoever.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Adesquare1992: 10:08pm On Mar 10, 2018
@Sevule.
Sorry for my harsh and offensive response,it was emotion in control.

7 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sevule(m): 3:50am On Mar 11, 2018
Heykayxx:

Yaaay! Congratulations chief. The sky is no longer the limit for you.
Boss, can I pm you? I will like to seek your valuable advice on the green card process. I'm in the U.S (legally) as well.
Thanks.

Sure thing Heykayxx, send me a PM

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.