Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (346354 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by moyeb: 5:40pm On Apr 26, 2018
alfonso36:
you sir

alfonso36,
I'm not sure how the PM works but you can.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by femora007(m): 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2018
BlowJobs:
And I am now a permanent Resident.
The aim of the thread has been fulfilled.

Thank you all for participating.
Congratulations

Your thread is inspiring
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by alfonso36(m): 5:56pm On Apr 26, 2018
moyeb:

alfonso36,
I'm not sure how the PM works but you can.
ok if thats too stressful, you can give me a call sir
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by moyeb: 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2018
alfonso36:
ok if thats too stressful, you can give me a call sir

You can PM
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Oakbend16: 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2018
@moyeb would like us to have a chat, may I send you a PM?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by moyeb: 6:28pm On Apr 26, 2018
Oakbend16:
@moyeb would like us to have a chat, may I send you a PM?

Yes,you can.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by DereI(f): 7:36am On Apr 27, 2018
BlowJobs:
And I am now a permanent Resident.
The aim of the thread has been fulfilled.

Thank you all for participating.

BJ, congrats

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Scroboscopy: 2:15am On Apr 28, 2018
My interview experience

My interview was scheduled to be 10:45am. I woke up 6am. Say a few prayer. My wife was still sleeping. She finally woke up by 7am and used about an hour to do make up. Lol. I was impatient with her because we have to drive about 2hrs to USCIS office, well i allowed her to do her things.
After she wasted time doing her make up/over, she said i was driving too slow. I got angry and asked her to drive. We were about 20 minutes late, wife was going 80/90. Thank God no cops on the road.
We got to the USCIS looking for where to park, its always a busy downtown area, we eventually found a spot to park. I drop few coins for an hour.
We checked in at the USCIS office and sat down waiting to be called in, during this waiting period, my wife was taking my pictures lol, like we were in a studio. We play alot with some petty fight too.

The interview officer called my name and i followed him with my wife. We were interviewed together.
He asked to see our driving licence ?
he asked our we met?
he asked for my name?
date of birth?
my social security number?
Do you live together?
How many people are living with you?
He asked me to mention her siblings names,
when was the last time you entered U.S.?
Do you have children?
He asked me all yes/no questions in i485 form,
he asked for our pictures i gave him our album,
do you have social media accounts? we both said yes.
He asked to see our pictures, my wife showed him instagram pictures and i pulled up facebook pictures for him. He was pleased. I told him to see other documents that we have but he refused and said its ok. He returned all our documents.
He said i should be approved and expect my card in 2-3 weeks.

After about 15 minutes I tracked it online and it shows case was approved. We will maill approval notice to you. I thank God for the whole process. I am looking forward to achieve my American dream. Waiting patiently to receive my card. Wify was very happy and i took her to a nearby african restaurant to celebrate.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 3:07am On Apr 28, 2018
Scroboscopy:
My interview experience

Congrats bro! Smiling while reading this smiley

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 28, 2018
Bro can a nigerian who overstayed his tourist visa be able to adjust his status to a permanent resident. And if yes how long will it take if he decides to go through the marriage route to a citizen.tnx
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by castrokins(m): 3:48pm On Apr 29, 2018
Congratulations

Scroboscopy:
My interview experience

My interview was scheduled to be 10:45am. I woke up 6am. Say a few prayer. My wife was still sleeping. She finally woke up by 7am and used about an hour to do make up. Lol. I was impatient with her because we have to drive about 2hrs to USCIS office, well i allowed her to do her things.
After she wasted time doing her make up/over, she said i was driving too slow. I got angry and asked her to drive. We were about 20 minutes late, wife was going 80/90. Thank God no cops on the road.
We got to the USCIS looking for where to park, its always a busy downtown area, we eventually found a spot to park. I drop few coins for an hour.
We checked in at the USCIS office and sat down waiting to be called in, during this waiting period, my wife was taking my pictures lol, like we were in a studio. We play alot with some petty fight too.

The interview officer called my name and i followed him with my wife. We were interviewed together.
he asked our we met?
he asked for my name?
date of birth?
Do you live together?
Do you have children?
He asked to see our pictures, my wife showed him instagram pictures and i pulled up facebook pictures for him. He was pleased. I told him to see other documents that we have but he refused and said its ok. He returned all our documents.

After about 15 minutes I tracked it online and it shows case was approved. We will maill approval notice to you. I thank God for the whole process. I am looking forward to achieve my American dream. Waiting patiently to receive my card. Wify was very happy and i took her to a nearby african restaurant to celebrate.

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 3:51pm On Apr 29, 2018
Which state are you in and could mind creating a thread narrating your american experience and drop the link here or you can tell us about that here. Thanks.
Scroboscopy:
My interview experience

he asked our we met?
he asked for my name?
date of birth?
Do you live together?
Do you have children?

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Scroboscopy: 7:05pm On Apr 29, 2018
Dremca:
Which state are you in and could mind creating a thread narrating your american experience and drop the link here or you can tell us about that here. Thanks.
Hello bro, there is no point creating another thread, we can make this grow. I will keep updating as things unfolds. If I mention the state...... I used to have one moniker like that, I created this to remain anonymous. Thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Scroboscopy: 7:06pm On Apr 29, 2018
lionlee216:

Congrats bro! Smiling while reading this smiley

Thanks bro.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by MYBUSINESSARENA: 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2018
BlowJobs:
Let me share another motivation with my naija youths here

I cried when we moved 2weeks ago to a new appartment.
I went through some of my old things cos my wife wants us to donate what we don't need. Inside one of my books from naija, í saw the rest of my Alawi from 2013 that I didn'tspend. Then I remembered I got late to the airport due to traffic and airport workers were trying to delay me so I can "Roger" them. I had intended to spend that money on buying credit so I can call my family when I land but didn't have time. I hid it between one of my books so they don't take it from me

l remembers the struggles I went through and I am thankful

Like I said, if there's a job already waiting for you after service I wish you good luck.
If you know you don't have no clear direction for where you life is going with all the efforts you're putting in, while you apply for jobs I will encourage you to also start applying to migrate. You only have one life to live

I can attest to it. Once you leave naija and you have a solid plan, you'd be surprised the pace by which your life will move.
Pls, tell me way a Nigeria graduate unemployed with no resources can leave this country.
I'm just tired believe me, when you see a graduate unemployed, now resolved to learning trade, with no future at sight. since early this year I resolved to travel, by Jan I got my passport,since then I'm just in limbo of what next.
pls help me.

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by afoobiggy700(m): 11:31am On Apr 30, 2018
Congrats bro
@blowjobs
What's your advice for a guy in his early 20s that wish to travel and hustle in USA but don't have fund or support to study in any countries abroad.
Will be through with my Higher National Diploma mid next year.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Addy9: 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
Please help a Nigerian youth who just finished his NYSC with some funds with him on how to secure a USA �� visa and eventually adjust status to become a PR cos I really have nothing to do in this country. Thanks
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Suudoo: 10:34pm On Apr 30, 2018
Dremca:
The whole money can't even pay for your phone bill self. What a lazy currency used in a country with a lazy President.
@Blowjobs I am blessed by your story, I have read it from the beginning to the end,you have inspired me more on this immigration plans. I am hopeful that one day I will tell my own success story.God bless you more.May God bless your union with Mrs K.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lordally(m): 11:52pm On Apr 30, 2018
angry
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by yusuftosho: 11:57pm On Apr 30, 2018
@Blowjobs @scroboscopy Congratulations to you guys @lionlee216 ope loma jasi (it's will all end in praise) with faith brother. Wish you guys all the best.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by yusuftosho: 12:00am On May 01, 2018
@lordally

Greetings baba. Abeg I sent you PM
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Scroboscopy: 2:46am On May 01, 2018
So today I got my approval letter. Oh yeah grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by DereI(f): 11:43am On May 01, 2018
Scroboscopy:
So today I got my approval letter. Oh yeah grin

Congrats
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Dremca(m): 3:17pm On May 01, 2018
Oga, I no be Blowjobs
Suudoo:
@Blowjobs I am blessed by your story, I have read it from the beginning to the end,you have inspired me more on this immigration plans. I am hopeful that one day I will tell my own success story.God bless you more.May God bless your union with Mrs K.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by DanjaNinja(m): 7:55pm On May 01, 2018
Hi Everyone, i greet you all. Please i got a request for information on my I-485. I was told the NPC issued Attestation of Birth is not a sufficient substitute for a birth Certificate. I was born before 1992 and as such can only get an attestation of birth from NPC. Please, if there is anyone in the house who had similar experience, please let me know how you were able to resolve this issue.
Thanks in advance. @blowjobs
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lordally(m): 7:58pm On May 01, 2018
undecided
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lordally(m): 8:05pm On May 01, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 8:49pm On May 01, 2018
DanjaNinja:
Hi Everyone, i greet you all. Please i got a request for information on my I-485. I was told the NPC issued Attestation of Birth is not a sufficient substitute for a birth Certificate. I was born before 1992 and as such can only get an attestation of birth from NPC. Please, if there is anyone in the house who had similar experience, please let me know how you were able to resolve this issue.
Thanks in advance. @blowjobs

You una dey yankee? Knew you from italy thread.

So what is acceptable is birth ceetificate issued from the local government or from the hospital where you were born.

NPC is not accceptable.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by DanjaNinja(m): 9:01pm On May 01, 2018
lionlee216:

You una dey yankee? Knew you from italy thread.

So what is acceptable is birth ceetificate issued from the local government or from the hospital where you were born.

NPC is not accceptable.

You have the wrong person. Never been to Italy nor used the Italy thread.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 01, 2018
DanjaNinja:

You have the wrong person. Never been to Italy nor used the Italy thread.

Bro hw study?
Any update?
U suppose don finish................longest tym shaaa wink
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by DanjaNinja(m): 12:17pm On May 02, 2018
tescoman90:

Bro hw study?
Any update?
U suppose don finish................longest tym shaaa wink

Boss I dey o. Was supposed to graduate last semester but extended to this semester. Graduating on Saturday by God's grace.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.