Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,154 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience (346427 Views)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / B1/B2 Change Of Status To F1 / B1/B2 Change Of Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 2:08am On Apr 22, 2018
BlowJobs:
And I am now a permanent Resident.
The aim of the thread has been fulfilled.

Thank you all for participating.

Congratulations brother.....

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Activedreamer: 2:25am On Apr 22, 2018
BlowJobs:

You mo*fuc*er,you done did it! (Forgive my language, bro)
Congrats!!!
Yours happened in such a short time. Wow!
Nothing beats a hardworking man with vision & dreams.
Come gist us o.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by tosinooo: 6:03am On Apr 22, 2018
Congratulations!!! So happy for you.
BlowJobs:

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by siverspooon(m): 6:57am On Apr 22, 2018
@Mouth Gig can #1million fund this visa?
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by siverspooon(m): 7:03am On Apr 22, 2018
@blowjobs can #1million fund this visa? Congrats bro
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by knicks231: 8:05am On Apr 22, 2018
BlowJobs:

Congratulations brother, you are inspiration to other Nigeria Youths who strive to succeed no matter the obstacles. i read your story from page 1 and always waiting for your updates.
i was inspired by you to apply for America Visa which i have just gotten here in the UK.
God bless you abundantly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nig4Greatness: 9:29am On Apr 22, 2018
Just as I was about to question your whereabouts,there you resurrected.
Big congratulations and many more success stories return.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by eldee365: 10:56am On Apr 22, 2018
Congratulations mate.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 11:27am On Apr 22, 2018
Let me post a clearer picture cos you guys deserve to see it.

2/3weeks I've look at it over and over. Kept checking it in my wallet.

It feels so good. The feeling of not having too much worries about visas and travel and job opportunities keep me at ease.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 11:36am On Apr 22, 2018
A word of advise for Nigerian youths (University undergraduates, graduates, Corpers and recently employed youth).

If you plan to migrate ( you look forward to it, dream about it, Nigeria frustrates you, you get depressed with the situation going on in Nigeria), Migrate while you are young and have all the strength to "struggle". Don't wait till you get older. Don't wait and keep hoping Nigeria will get better (it might never be). it is best you achieve your dreams now and acquire so much skill so that when that time comes and Nigeria is better, you have so much to give back to Nigeria (or it is best you have options so that when you move back to Nigeria, if things don't work, you can bring out your foreign passport and leave at ease)

Don't be that person at 40 years old running from Embassy to Embassy.
Don't be that person at 40years old looking for ways to move his/her family outside Nigeria. Don't be that person writing English test, GRE, GMAT, Filling out Immigration questionnaire at 37years old. DO IT NOW if you really look forward to migrating. The time to start is NOW!!!

you only have one life to live. Do you wanna live it with constant Electricity or Generator noise?. The choice is yours.

For married/ Family people, I really don't have an advise for you. I just hope you have the skills, Experience and qualifications that will open doors and opportunities for you. That is the only thing you can depend on when thinking about Migrating

69 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2018
Wow congratulations bro......I’m highly inspired by your thread...

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by sakalisis(m): 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2018
True talk Bro, God Bless you More!!!

BlowJobs:
A word of advise for Nigerian youths (University undergraduates, graduates, Corpers and recently employed youth).

If you plan to migrate ( you look forward to it, dream about it, Nigeria frustrates you, you get depressed with the situation going on in Nigeria), Migrate while you are young and have all the strength to "struggle". Don't wait till you get older. Don't wait and keep hoping Nigeria will get better (it might never be). it is best you achieve your dreams now and acquire so much skill so that when that time comes and Nigeria is better, you have so much to give back to Nigeria (or it is best you have options so that when you move back to Nigeria, if things don't work, you can bring out your foreign passport and leave at ease)

Don't be that person at 40years old looking for ways to move his/her family outside Nigeria. Don't be that person writing English test, GRE, GMAT, Filling out Immigration questionnaire at 37years old. DO IT NOW if you really look forward to migrating. The time to start is NOW!!!

you only have one life to live. Do you wanna live it with constant Electricity or Generator noise?. The choice is yours.

For married/ Family people, I really don't have an advise for you. I just hope you have the skills, Experience and qualifications that will open doors and opportunities for you. That is the only thing you can depend on when thinking about Migrating

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
Interview Experience

My wife and I were interviewed separetely. It was like 45minutes in total.

We argued days before the interview. Mrs K thinks all the documents we are organizing is not necessary. I told her it is best we have enough and they didn't ask than we don't have it and they asked us.

I kept similar documents in same files and label it: The USCIS notices and correspondences, Bills and Utilities, Joint tax document for 2017 plus bank statements, Copies of forms submitted, Cards and letters recieved from Mrs K family members, Flight itinerary and bus tickets of our trips together, Photo album from the day we met each other till current etc.

The night of the interview, i went over the details of each folder with Mrs K so she will be sure where to find each documents
We got to our interview 30 minutes early. There wasn't anyone there except us. Interviewing officer called my wife in first. They talk and talk and talk. My mind was going crazy. What can they be talking about this long? My wife can't keep a secret so i feel they must have been discussing all my secrets and plotting to end me, LOL

After sometimes, the IO came and got me, told Mrs K to wait. We did the oath thing, He went through the form with me (Form I485) to make sure all the info was correct.
Then he started asking questions he already asked Mrs K

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2018
questions interview officer asked

what is your full name and your wife's name
what is her date of birth? . where were you born? what city? what city was your spouse born? when did you last come to united states? what visa did you come with? what is your mother and father's name? has anyone filed for your green card before? do you have children anywhere in the world? how did you meet your spouse? where did you go on your first date? when did you guys move in together? who were present at your wedding? where did your spend your Christmas? who woke up first day before interview? what are your wife's work hours? when was the last vacation you took together? did you file your taxes together? how much is your rent and phone bills? what is your wives phone number?

it was an easy experience. the IO was really nice. we went on to tell stories of my time in the Caribbean and the islands he has visited.
he said he will approve us cos things are good and should get the card in a week. he told us about removing condition and encourage me to apply for citizenship once i qualify for it. that's all.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by hammed71(m): 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2018
BlowJobs:
questions interview officer asked

what is your full name and your wife's name
what is her date of birth? . where were you born? what city? what city was your spouse born? when did you last come to united states? what visa did you come with? what is your mother and father's name? has anyone filed for your green card before? do you have children anywhere in the world? how did you meet your spouse? where did you go on your first date? when did you guys move in together? who were present at your wedding? where did your spend your Christmas? who woke up first day before interview? what are your wife's work hours? when was the last vacation you took together? did you file your taxes together? how much is your rent and phone bills? what is your wives phone number?

it was an easy experience. the IO was really nice. we went on to tell stories of my time in the Caribbean and the islands he has visited.
he said he will approve us cos things are good and should get the card in a week. he told us about removing condition and encourage me to apply for citizenship once i qualify for it. that's all.

congrats bro
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by alakara(m): 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2018
@bl0wjob congrats on ur PR.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 1:04pm On Apr 22, 2018
Thank you all for all the well wishes.

This is an experience i'll never forget. As i look to another phase of "hustle" and starting a family. I am just a regular guy trying to live a moderate, comfortable and happy life.

A lot of things have changed since i got my Permanent resident. I have a new car, we moved to a new bigger and better appartment. Mrs K co-signed credit cards for me 7900$ and 10000$ limit (she has excellent credit score which is helping me build my credit and i have been paying anything i buy using credit card back. I don't buy using credit card unless i have the money in my debit card).

I have a better job. I am more comfortable. i am more relaxed. I look forward to going back to school with no restrictions. I am so thankful for what i have accomplished in my short time of living here.

Like i said in the past. A lot of us don't dream of being rich. We just want to be comfortable: good car, money in the bank, can spend money when you need to, good hospital, Electricity, Water. Good life generally.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2018
BlowJobs:

Brother,
I like the encouragement that you have given the youth (which is the target audience of this thread),
But the reality is, I'm sure that there are some "37" or "40" or even "50" year olds who have read or are reading this thread and have been inspired (but for whatever reason) have not yet accomplished their goal/dream of coming to the U.S....
Do u have any words of encouragement to give them?
Cause I'm a firm believer in "seemingly impossibilities being realities" through God.
I'm sorry for interrupting your writing....
Not trying to derail.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by klexycole(m): 1:25pm On Apr 22, 2018
One word – Inspiring! smiley
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Activedreamer: 1:46pm On Apr 22, 2018
What a soul! What a heart!
Giving information and inspiring. You just don't know how much you have inspired me. May peace, love, light and riches never depart from you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
Mobilia:

Brother,
I like the encouragement that you have given the youth (which is the target audience of this thread),
But the reality is, I'm sure that there are some "37" or "40" or even "50" year olds who have read or are reading this thread and have been inspired (but for whatever reason) have not yet accomplished their goal/dream of coming to the U.S....
Do u have any words of encouragement to give them?
Cause I'm a firm believer in "seemingly impossibilities being realities" through God.
I'm sorry for interrupting your writing....
Not trying to derail.

That is why i said advise for youths. younger, more agile Nigerians.

it is easier for Young person to acclimatize and gets things done faster than older person. Cold weather isn't too hard on the young ones. Younger people are easy to adapt to new ways of life. Do all the fun, muscle-requiring stuffs while you're younger. Do all the queuing in front of embassy inside the hot scorching sun while you're young.

Not that older people don't get to travel and start new life. However, imagine what could have been achieved if started earlier

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 22, 2018
BlowJobs:

it is easier for Young person to acclimatize and gets things done faster than older person. Cold weather isn't too hard on the young ones. Younger people are easy to adapt to new ways of life. Do all the fun, muscle-requiring stuffs while you're younger. Do all the queuing in front of embassy inside the hot scorching sun while you're young.

Not that older people don't get to travel and start new life. However, imagine what could have been achieved if started earlier

Very true....thanks.
Again congrats to you smiley
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Olufemi786(m): 2:28pm On Apr 22, 2018
Congrats Bro, M happy for you. thank God for dream come true
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by lionlee216(m): 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2018
BlowJobs:

This is an experience i'll never forget. As i look to another phase of "hustle" and starting a family. I am just a regular guy trying to live a moderate, comfortable and happy life.

A lot of things have changed since i got my Permanent resident. I have a new car, we moved to a new bigger and better appartment. Mrs K co-signed credit cards for me 7900$ and 10000$ limit (she has excellent credit score which is helping me build my credit and i have been paying anything i buy using credit card back. I don't buy using credit card unless i have the money in my debit card).

I have a better job. I am more comfortable. i am more relaxed. I look forward to going back to school with no restrictions. I am so thankful for what i have accomplished in my short time of living here.

Like i said in the past. A lot of us don't dream of being rich. We just want to be comfortable: good car, money in the bank, can spend money when you need to, good hospital, Electricity, Water. Good life generally.

This really kept me smiling.

God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by nastyd(m): 4:00pm On Apr 22, 2018
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by samuelkingz(m): 9:45pm On Apr 22, 2018
BlowJobs:

I read this and was drawn to tears. I see a man who been touch by the god midas... Congrats brother, grace is evident and would continually be. Everything you touch or do would turn into gold. Thank you for the inspiration, the lessons, the humour, the privilege to see obodo Oyibo through your eyes.. Keep shining.. Blessings follow you..

6 Likes

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Hardeybohwarley(m): 10:25pm On Apr 22, 2018
BlowJobs:

Congratulations bro, more success to come, what about changing the name of the thread then. "Got ......."
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by Oakbend16: 10:53pm On Apr 22, 2018
[quote author=BlowJobs post=66911955]

Congratulations man!! Wish you all the best as you start a fresh journey in your life and congrats to your Mrs as well, she has been wonderful all through.

I have been enlightened reading from page 1 to 83 and had to start from page 1 AGAIN! To page 15 (where the koko of his thread can be found IMO)

Best regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by jaymashap: 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2018
BlowJobs:
list of Sponsors listed on DOS website.

https://j1visa.state.gov/participants/how-to-apply/sponsor-search/?program=Summer%20Work%20Travel&state=any

like i said, there are other long term J1 visa you can get for internship position. you just have to look up the information and make up your mind

please as I went through the details on the available link, I saw some organisation that could sponsor the acquisition of the J1 visa. And I want to know if that organisation will be the one to sponsor in terms of flight ticket and other expenses.
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
maybe someday this week, i'll talk about "arangee" marriage and what i truly think about it.

About guy M, he has been texting me. He can't find someone stable to work for him and the season has picked up full-time grin grin

I advise him to look out for Immigrants. those are the people that will be willing to give their all to work for him. Citizens are too entitled for that kind of work. (Imagine, 80$ everyday for like 5 hrs.. Na wah o)

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by BlowJobs: 11:12pm On Apr 22, 2018
lionlee216:

This really kept me smiling.

God bless you bro

Thanks bro. Have you done your interview? How is work going for you?

How is chicago? It is still snowing here oo. it snowed this last week. Hopefully, that is the last for Spring
Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by fatima04: 11:19pm On Apr 22, 2018
Congratulations, ur page has been enlightening...

You had us worried for a minute there. Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (110) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa! / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.