Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation (47805 Views)

Abia State COVID-19 Taskforce Intercepts Car Carrying Bags Of Cannabis / Man Buried With A Well Wrapped Ganja In His Mouth After Dying In An Auto Crash / LAUTECH Has Highest Concentration Of Cyber Criminals, Says DSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Chukazu: 2:55pm On Dec 04, 2018
einsteine:

You are lying. What nonsense stakeholder? I get my figures directly from Olam. No one mentions Abia when it comes to cocoa. The cocoa in Ikom alone is more than what is produced in cameroun.

I don't feel any obligation to reply base on your tone of language...if you can't make a comment without insult it shows lack reasoning , and would rather cover up with insults.
Ask the people at OLAMS where they get the best graded Cocoa in entire nation and come back to argue

Reviving the Cocoa Industry in Nigeria
Agriculture
Proshare - Facebook Proshare - Twitter Proshare - Google+ Proshare - Linked In Proshare - WhatsApp
Proshare
Friday, December 15, 2017 /11:45AM / FDC

The 2015/2016 oil price plunge was the driving factor that led to Nigeria falling into a recession, due to the country’s heavy reliance on oil proceeds. The need for revenue diversification became more apparent as the recession deepened. With the current rebound in global oil prices, the increase in the pace of oil production, and gross domestic product (GDP) growth creeping back into positive territory, the push for diversification may once again take a back seat.

It is important, however, to recognize that the rate of economic growth can be accelerated if revenue earning agricultural commodities are given adequate attention. The urgent need for diversification of the economy requires unwavering action. An investment in the cocoa industry should be part of this strategy as Nigeria was once a powerhouse in cocoa production and has the agricultural land and climate to sustain it.

Overview of Nigeria’s cocoa market

Cocoa was a major agricultural export crop and a top foreign exchange earner in the 1950s and 60s. Prior to the discovery of crude oil in commercial quantities in the 1970s, Nigeria was the world’s second largest producer of cocoa. Average cocoa production declined from 420,000 tons in the ‘60s to 170,000 tons in 1999. Production climbed to 389,272 tons between 2000 and 2010, but fell back to 192,000 tons in 2015 and 2016. After dropping to fourth place, Nigeria is now the sixth largest producer.

Proshare Nigeria Pvt. Ltd.

In the past, the Nigerian cocoa market was a monopsony a situation where one buyer, through a marketing board, controlled a large proportion of the market. The 1980’s structural adjustment policies (SAPs) imposed by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank recommended that the government dissolve the ineffective marketing board in order to liberalize cocoa marketing and trade, and allow improved cocoa output and pricing.

Against the backdrop of declining production and collapse of the commodity board members due to market liberalization, the National Cocoa Development Committee was established in December 1999 by the Obasanjo administration. Its objective was to develop a sustainable blueprint for reviving the waning cocoa sector. Other objectives included improving cocoa quality and increasing production from 170,000 tons to 320,000 tons per annum in the short term and in the long term to 600,000 tons per annum. However, this ambitious plan for cocoa rehabilitation is yet to be realized.

Cocoa farming in Nigeria is predominantly carried out by smallscale farmers who have outdated skills and limited access to finance and technology. Cocoa is grown in the southern region due to the favorable soil and climate condition. The top growing states Ondo, Ogun, Osun, Oyo and Ekiti account for about 60% of the cocoa production and make up at least 30% of the total cocoa export in Nigeria. Ondo is rated the largest cocoa producing state with an output capacity of about 77,000 tons per annum.

Other producing states include Cross River, Kwara, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi, Abia, Rivers, and Adamawa. After oil and gas exports, the largest revenue earners, cocoa beans, are the second most exported commodity. However, cocoa merely contributed 0.05% to GDP in 2016 from 0.3% in 2010. The cocoa industry has significant potential but is still underutilized. For instance, in the South West and SouthSouth region, thousands of acres of fertile lands suitable for cocoa cultivation are currently idle and wasting away.
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by willyo(m): 12:28am On Dec 05, 2018
free2ryhme:

Mary J enclaves grin grin
Naim make u quote full post?
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Jakumo(m): 7:05am On Jan 25, 2019
willyo:

Naim make u quote full post?

The tory dey sweet am. Na him cause why he come dey quote like pastor.

1 Like

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 25, 2019
I wish we also had Poppy seed plantations so that we would be able to produce our own opium.

1 Like

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Jakumo(m): 2:55pm On May 16, 2019
Legalize it Chairman Buhari, and let Nigeria reap massive multi million dollar returns in the form of growers taxes paid in to the treasury.

Nigeria has the capacity and the genetic varieties of weed, to beat Jamaica, Hawaii, Thailand and even Panama, as the World Ganja Kingdom.

1 Like

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 16, 2019
I wish it was opium, I prefer it ten times.
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Jakumo(m): 3:36pm On May 16, 2019
mhd5757:
I wish it was opium, I prefer it ten times.

Opium and all opiates are deadly poisons, my brother. Stay away from that chit, remain loyal to the ganja, and the world will turn.

1 Like

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Koladepounds: 3:33am On Jan 18, 2020
Join the. Latest rave Green Box income
Platform where we read and share news as well get paid for it.thus is the only platform that pays within an hour join the wining team ask me how @07061009348 WhatsApp let’s make money together
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Reform9ja: 10:06am On May 06, 2020
Jakumo:
Legalize it
Don't Criticize it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cIePqdz03A

The state of California is raking in ZILLIONS tax revenue dollars paid into public coffers by growers of medicinal marijuana.

Oya, over to you El Presidente. As a former battle solder, we know say you sabi this ting matter.

I agree with you
Instead of wasting money trying to fight a war that can never ever be won why not legalize it and gain money from it
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Jakumo(m): 11:35am On May 06, 2020
Chairman. We don sight you. We don mark you present.

No shaking inside Baba Mukaila Corporate Canna Farm for Ondo Mountain here.

Na research we all dey do, together witi social isolation and ganja recreation. Mean say we dey apply "Fire on di Mountain".

1 Like

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Jakumo(m): 8:56am On May 08, 2020
Nikra:

My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks

CBD oil cannot be purchased legally in Nigeria, however there is a guy that has been advertising it for a year or so in the Nairaland health forum.

Making your own CBD or THC oil is actually a simple process, starting with the raw material of locally bought cannabis flowers. In the recipe shown below, simply substitute coconut oil or groundnut oil, instead of butter.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=12895

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCxAU-OP8LQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTiA80GlG8
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Apprentice360: 2:02am On May 09, 2020
Jakumo:

CBD oil cannot be purchased legally in Nigeria, however there is a guy that has been advertising it for a year or so in the Nairaland health forum.

Making your own CBD or THC oil is actually a simple process, starting with the raw material of locally bought cannabis flowers. In the recipe shown below, simply substitute coconut oil or groundnut oil, instead of butter.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=12895

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCxAU-OP8LQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTiA80GlG8

sir..... is this not mon-ki-tey ( monkey tail)??
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Jakumo(m): 7:53am On May 09, 2020
Apprentice360:

sir..... is this not mon-ki-tey ( monkey tail)??

Me I no sabi wettin be monkey tail o, but I don see plenty monkey for my village, and no one of dem dey when hin tail don lost.
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Apprentice360: 8:41am On May 09, 2020
Jakumo:

Me I no sabi wettin be monkey tail o, but I don see plenty monkey for my village, and no one of dem dey when hin tail don lost.

I no fit laugh abeg....... Mon-ki-tey..... I mean fresh weed drench in liquor

1 Like

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Jakumo(m): 10:46am On May 09, 2020
Apprentice360:

I no fit laugh abeg....... Mon-ki-tey..... I mean fresh weed drench in liquor

What you have described is a very powerful painkiller medicine. Another variant is for the ROOTS of the cannabis plant to be washed, chopped up and then soaked for some weeks in whisky or gin. One sip of that finished product, and anyone suffering from aches and pains in their knees, elbows, shoulders or back, will miraculously find themselves FREE of pain, and ready for a restful and deep night's sleep.

Of course, pharmaceutical companies who sell addictive pain medications with terrible side-effects, do not want millions of people simply planting and using nature's most effective remedy to eliminate pain, and cure a variety of other health ailments. Regrettably, that same pharmaceutical industry has a LOT of money to "donate" in exchange for political or legislative "favors" from the government.

Lobbying by the pharmaceutical industry remains one of the primary reasons that efforts to legalize marijuana continue face such desperate opposition, worldwide, even as the dark and repressive age of cannabis prohibition fades into history by slow installment across Europe, The USA, South America, The Caribbean, and more recently, Africa.

1 Like

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Shormiey(m): 12:23pm On May 09, 2020
Jakumo:

The largest plantation in West Africa ? Even bigger than those in Malawi ? This is a very serious development.

Please, how do I get to the village of Ogbese ?

As an intrepid reporter of good standing, it is my DUTY to see that legendary village with my own eyes, to meet its farmers, and then of course report back via CNN, with details of all I see there.
They will just kill you inside the bush if you ain't careful..... angry
Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Exmilitant(m): 1:05pm On May 09, 2020
Marijuana grin The philosophers stone. The Lawyer's logic. The doctor's dexterity. The teacher's dictionary. The warrior's courage and The musician inspiration... Dope is the holy spirit!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Jakumo(m): 2:28pm On May 09, 2020
Exmilitant:
Marijuana grin The philosophers stone. The Lawyer's logic. The doctor's dexterity. The teacher's dictionary. The warrior's courage and The musician inspiration... Dope is the holy spirit!!!

Chai ! See accolades and kudos. See honor and adulation. See title upon title, when our man Militant take dey hail awa bitter-leaf. We don sight ona.

E get as e be.

Who no know go know. Meanwhile, for inside Baba Mukaila farm, dem dey prepare anoda new market, as shakisman matter concern.

1 Like

Re: Ganja Havens: Six Nigerian States With High Concentration Of Cannabis Plantation by Jakumo(m): 11:43am On May 10, 2020
BillShiphr:
To be honest, I am not surprised at all. There are many cannabis plantations around the world. I think we can't do anything against it. Personally, I use cbd by myself and clicking here you'll know about cbd drinks which I usually take. They are completely safe for your health and sometimes they are even useful.

On the possibly mistaken presumption that you reside within Nigeria, I must ask, out of innocent curiosity, whether the CBD products that you purchase typically "fly under the radar" into Nigeria, or whether it is more the case that some wise entrepreneurs within Nigeria have quietly commenced producing and selling CBD oil, starting of course with the all-important locally harvested "Ingredient X", fragrant bales of which are typically distributed by lagoon speedboat flotillas fanning out from the fabled canna-farms of Ondo State, Nigeria.

Inquiring minds demand to know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Armed Female Bystander Kills Man Firing At Party In West Virginia / Cult Boys Beat Up And Strip Lady Naked For Using Their Slang In Tik Tok [VIDEO] / Video From The Clash At Alaba International Market (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.