Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America (180113 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (Go Down)

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 7:30am On Dec 18, 2017
Bossman:
You are spot on! A long time software developer here. So I can attest to what you are saying. Pretty much all I know are professionals, all working in corporate America. And we've all been for a very long time. I have been part of an investment club (mutual funds, stocks, etc) for 17 years. All 14 members are Nigerians /friends, all college educated and working in corporate America. I take the train into the city for work, and I run into countless Nigerians in the process, all doing the same thing.
One of the guys in my investment club, his daughter was an intern recruiter at the IT vendor that I worked for about 2 years ago. And her boyfriend was studying software development in college. Google had a job fair here in Chicago, she applied and got snatched up as a corporate recruiter. They moved her out there to California, etc. Her boyfriend also just recently moved out there to join her...he joined a company up there as a software developer. Stories such as these are regular for me

So when I see the very incorrect info that's being posted here, I just shake my head. Honestly, there is no point responding.
You can speak all the english you like that wont change the reality that Nigerians living in America are broke. What is the cost of becoming a software engineer? Normally it takes 4yrs of college and other related programs of extra years, these people carry huge debts that they will keep paying decades later. Even doctors who earn more cant pay up their student loans 10 yrs after. Lets be reality based in our thinking. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 9:04am On Dec 18, 2017
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 9:06am On Dec 18, 2017
Bossman:
You are spot on! A long time software developer here. So I can attest to what you are saying. Pretty much all I know are professionals, all working in corporate America. And we've all been for a very long time. I have been part of an investment club (mutual funds, stocks, etc) for 17 years. All 14 members are Nigerians /friends, all college educated and working in corporate America. I take the train into the city for work, and I run into countless Nigerians in the process, all doing the same thing.
One of the guys in my investment club, his daughter was an intern recruiter at the IT vendor that I worked for about 2 years ago. And her boyfriend was studying software development in college. Google had a job fair here in Chicago, she applied and got snatched up as a corporate recruiter. They moved her out there to California, etc. Her boyfriend also just recently moved out there to join her...he joined a company up there as a software developer. Stories such as these are regular for me

So when I see the very incorrect info that's being posted here, I just shake my head. Honestly, there is no point responding.

Seriously, there's no point responding to him. He is like a broken record.

Bros enjoy your life Jare, don't let some failures on the the Internet tell you fake stories.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by ken4jj(m): 11:26am On Dec 18, 2017
@Timesup234 and co,this analysis below settles the argument.

The problem with Nigeria is our mentality. An average Nigerian is all about money, money, houses, SUV etc and this is why this question is always coming up. Because of our greed and our ability to acquire, acquire and acquire, our society have been built on storing money, properties. It is not surprising to see Nigerians in Nigeria with fat bank account, many houses with high fence and big gate, high SUV yet the street they live is littered with bad roads and full of generator noise because that is what we care about.

The western world is different because they are not built for people to store money. Their system is designed for money to circulate. This is why even services we pay peanuts for here is Nigeria is costly abroad. Everyone is given the opportunity to live a base life and if you want to be rich you can use your brain and do something extraordinary. For example, a barber, cleaner, nanny etc in the western world has the opportunity to live a normal life. He can save a little money, make a little down payment and buy a house or car on mortgage despite being just a barber. He gets to enjoy his tokunbo car and 2 bedroom apartment even though he is paying for it in the next 10 years. Even if he dies today before he finish paying, he cannot say that he didn’t enjoy the basic things of life. Enjoying the basic things of life is not left for the rich alone.
In Nigeria, some people can never enjoy the basic things of life forever. For example, a cleaner, nanny etc can never buy a car because Nigeria is designed for the rich to exploit the poor and there is no buffer to help the poor.

A top bank manager earning more than 1 million naira a month cannot bring out just 50k from his millions to pay a Nanny or gateman. Instead he will go and bring one Ekaite from the village whom he will exploit as slave. Ekaite will do all the jobs in the house and will not even go to school for the first 3 years. After 3 years, they will now send her to a local school where children sit on the floor even though their own children are going to posh schools. During Christmas, they give Ekaite’s family a bag of rice and 20k and the family is happy due to poverty. But this same man store millions of naira in his account and building lots of houses yet his aboki gateman is just paid 10k a month because he does not deserve any good life afterall he is a common gateman. In the western world, the bank manager will have over 60% of his earnings go into the payment of other services. That means he will pay the Nanny, guards, gardeners, cleaners, barber etc that works for him an hourly minimum wage. So he has little money to save and build mansions here and there but the good thing is that the people in the lower cadre live a normal life off him and the money circulates.

The Nigerian society is built for exploitation unlike the western world. The greatest disservice to poor man in Nigeria is that they are not paid hourly. The rich man/organizations takes all their time and pay them pea nut at the end of the month but a poor man aboard can work 24 hours and be paid for those 24 hours if he has the strength.

So before you travel, you need to understand how the western society works and what exactly you want. If your aim is to make millions and become rich, build houses here and there, the western society is not for you, you can become rich easier in Nigeria. It is only in Nigeria, you can become rich overnight.
You can go to china, import some substandard goods into the country, bribe SON and customs and sell your goods and make mega millions in a jiffy and build your mansions here and there. If you run a business, you can avoid paying taxes, just tip the FIRS and they would look the other way and you take those taxes you should have paid and build mansions for yourself, you are rich! The FIRS,Custom, SON guys make mega money and build their own mansions, you make your own mega money too, the ordinary people and the government are shortchanged but the govt is not bothered because they loot their own from crude oil directly. In fact, Nigeria is a goldmine if you have the mind and can throw away your conscience. Dem no born you well to not pay your taxes in the western world or do anyhow in the western world. Hiring a nanny alone could wipe off your savings monthly abroad.

If you work in many organizations, you may not have to touch your salary because you will be getting illegal cash every day. For example, if you work in immigration, you will be getting 3k, 4k from people who want to get their passport else they may have to wait for one year to get it. If you work in universities, you will be getting extra 3k, 4k, 2k from people who wants their transcripts else they will look for your results for the next one year and so many examples. If you add up this monies, you can see that you are getting more than your salary from your little office. This is how Nigeria works, No wonder these civil servants you see have a lot of money. This is what you can never get abroad.

So you can see that it is easy to make it in Nigeria but it comes at a cost. A country where nothing works. No light, no water, bad roads, bad schools, hospitals, insecurity etc. There is no fine house in Nigeria that does not have a high fence and a big gate. In the western world, you would hardly see a fenced house because the police is 2 minutes away from your phone call.

So our mentality is different from the western world. While the western world cares more about the larger society, we care about our individual self and individual wealth and this is why we are richer individually than them but they are richer and better collectively as a society than us. The question you should ask before you travel is what you value more as an individual.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 11:34am On Dec 18, 2017
ken4jj:

@Timesup234 and co,this analysis below settles the argument.

The problem with Nigeria is our mentality. An average Nigerian is all about money, money, houses, SUV etc and this is why this question is always coming up. Because of our greed and our ability to acquire, acquire and acquire, our society have been built on storing money, properties. It is not surprising to see Nigerians in Nigeria with fat bank account, many houses with high fence and big gate, high SUV yet the street they live is littered with bad roads and full of generator noise because that is what we care about.

The western world is different because they are not built for people to store money. Their system is designed for money to circulate. This is why even services we pay peanuts for here is Nigeria is costly abroad. Everyone is given the opportunity to live a base life and if you want to be rich you can use your brain and do something extraordinary. For example, a barber, cleaner, nanny etc in the western world has the opportunity to live a normal life. He can save a little money, make a little down payment and buy a house or car on mortgage despite being just a barber. He gets to enjoy his tokunbo car and 2 bedroom apartment even though he is paying for it in the next 10 years. Even if he dies today before he finish paying, he cannot say that he didn’t enjoy the basic things of life. Enjoying the basic things of life is not left for the rich alone.
In Nigeria, some people can never enjoy the basic things of life forever. For example, a cleaner, nanny etc can never buy a car because Nigeria is designed for the rich to exploit the poor and there is no buffer to help the poor.

A top bank manager earning more than 1 million naira a month cannot bring out just 50k from his millions to pay a Nanny or gateman. Instead he will go and bring one Ekaite from the village whom he will exploit as slave. Ekaite will do all the jobs in the house and will not even go to school for the first 3 years. After 3 years, they will now send her to a local school where children sit on the floor even though their own children are going to posh schools. During Christmas, they give Ekaite’s family a bag of rice and 20k and the family is happy due to poverty. But this same man store millions of naira in his account and building lots of houses yet his aboki gateman is just paid 10k a month because he does not deserve any good life afterall he is a common gateman. In the western world, the bank manager will have over 60% of his earnings go into the payment of other services. That means he will pay the Nanny, guards, gardeners, cleaners, barber etc that works for him an hourly minimum wage. So he has little money to save and build mansions here and there but the good thing is that the people in the lower cadre live a normal life off him and the money circulates.

The Nigerian society is built for exploitation unlike the western world. The greatest disservice to poor man in Nigeria is that they are not paid hourly. The rich man/organizations takes all their time and pay them pea nut at the end of the month but a poor man aboard can work 24 hours and be paid for those 24 hours if he has the strength.

So before you travel, you need to understand how the western society works and what exactly you want. If your aim is to make millions and become rich, build houses here and there, the western society is not for you, you can become rich easier in Nigeria. It is only in Nigeria, you can become rich overnight.
You can go to china, import some substandard goods into the country, bribe SON and customs and sell your goods and make mega millions in a jiffy and build your mansions here and there. If you run a business, you can avoid paying taxes, just tip the FIRS and they would look the other way and you take those taxes you should have paid and build mansions for yourself, you are rich! The FIRS,Custom, SON guys make mega money and build their own mansions, you make your own mega money too, the ordinary people and the government are shortchanged but the govt is not bothered because they loot their own from crude oil directly. In fact, Nigeria is a goldmine if you have the mind and can throw away your conscience. Dem no born you well to not pay your taxes in the western world or do anyhow in the western world. Hiring a nanny alone could wipe off your savings monthly abroad.

If you work in many organizations, you may not have to touch your salary because you will be getting illegal cash every day. For example, if you work in immigration, you will be getting 3k, 4k from people who want to get their passport else they may have to wait for one year to get it. If you work in universities, you will be getting extra 3k, 4k, 2k from people who wants their transcripts else they will look for your results for the next one year and so many examples. If you add up this monies, you can see that you are getting more than your salary from your little office. This is how Nigeria works, No wonder these civil servants you see have a lot of money. This is what you can never get abroad.

So you can see that it is easy to make it in Nigeria but it comes at a cost. A country where nothing works. No light, no water, bad roads, bad schools, hospitals, insecurity etc. There is no fine house in Nigeria that does not have a high fence and a big gate. In the western world, you would hardly see a fenced house because the police is 2 minutes away from your phone call.

So our mentality is different from the western world. While the western world cares more about the larger society, we care about our individual self and individual wealth and this is why we are richer individually than them but they are richer and better collectively as a society than us. The question you should ask before you travel is what you value more as an individual.
Lies from the pit of hell. Neocolonialism is the greatest disease inflicted on the black mind. Americans and westerners love money more than Africans. White people are more greedy and self centered. In short in America money is god. A capitalist state don't give a fuuckk about the welfare of people but capital accumulation and that's why they are more billionaires in America as well as millions of people living in abject poverty. The inequality gap in America between the rich and poor is the greatest crime and injustice to mankind

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 11:43am On Dec 18, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by ken4jj(m): 12:09pm On Dec 18, 2017
timesup234:
Lies from the pit of hell. Neocolonialism is the greatest disease inflicted on the black mind. Americans and westerners love money more than Africans. White people are more greedy and self centered. In short in America money is god. A capitalist state don't give a fuuckk about the welfare of people but capital accumulation and that's why they are more billionaires in America as well as millions of people living in abject poverty. The inequality gap in America between the rich and poor is the greatest crime and injustice to mankind

Why are you contradicting yourself? Do you have a personal grudge against America and diapora? You said there is more money to be made in Nigeria and Nigerians living here are doing better than those in diaspora and i agreed with that with reasons and examples.

You said America does not care for the welfare of her people and i ask how? Why do they have good roads, 24/7 electricity for all, good schools, good hospitals, better security etc. Why do our president get treated by white doctors in their own land? why do they children of the president, vice president, senators, ministers, governors, politicians have their children school in America and western schools? Why do their children obtain citizenship and PR status in these countries? and yet America does not care about their own people.

Ok,i agree we care more for our own people than America. why are those things i listed above not available to our own people here?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by sKeetz(m): 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2017
timesup234:

No retreat, no surrender. cheesy

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 12:20pm On Dec 18, 2017
Americans are broke yet they have a lot of billionaires...when I said someone is posting from yaba left people thought i was mean.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Bossman(m): 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
Anyone can easily deduce one thing about you - You seem VERY bitter about the USA, and especially anyone that's doing well in the USA. What has the US done to you?

timesup234:
You can speak all the english you like that wont change the reality that Nigerians living in America are broke. What is the cost of becoming a software engineer? Normally it takes 4yrs of college and other related programs of extra years, these people carry huge debts that they will keep paying decades later. Even doctors who earn more cant pay up their student loans 10 yrs after. Lets be reality based in our thinking. Thanks

7 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

Americans are broke yet they have a lot of billionaires...when I said someone is posting from yaba left people thought i was mean.
I am tired of repeating myself. The wealth of America belongs to the 1% and the banks that are too big to fail. Everyone else is striving and struggling

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by rosey11: 10:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
When will all these arguments of Naija vs USA end? If you are in Naija, stay there and stop disturbing others with your stories of Naija is better, rich, others are broke bla bla bla. While those in USA should do the same. Everybody knows why they are where they are. Life is not a race. Focus on your lane and stop comparing yourself with others. Nawaa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by chinwe12: 12:12am On Dec 19, 2017
Bossman:
Anyone can easily deduce one thing about you - You seem VERY bitter about the USA, and especially anyone that's doing well in the USA. What has the US done to you?

hahaha they deported him for selling crack thinking it was a fast way to make money that's why he's so full of hatred for them, in fact I rest my case for him matter e don tire me

3 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by sharpwriter(m): 1:28am On Dec 19, 2017
donniemc:

Sorry bro,
Been very busy. Would get back to you as soon as i can. Thanks

Egbon how far? Hope you are good?
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 7:55am On Dec 19, 2017
chinwe12:

hahaha they deported him for selling crack thinking it was a fast way to make money that's why he's so full of hatred for them, in fact I rest my case for him matter e don tire me
What do you guys even gain defending a slave land? People who see you as monkeys. Every single African in america is a slave!
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by TUBLEZ(m): 12:25pm On Dec 19, 2017
Alikote:
o boy it seem na true oh ,,my friend just came back from american...and told me that he got a job in ups and it was like slavery the speed the workers worked then bell will ring for you to go on break ....like slaves he left the job after a month....he bought a house and renovated it and placed it for sale @90000 dollars yet to be sold after 7 months....he has another one on mortgage for 27 years@ 1400 monthly he almost 50 he will pay up @77 year that crazy.....he bought one truck and bought to Nigeria for haulage biz so that he will get a least 1000 dollars to send monthly.....his has was doing well in Nigeria has two house in festact and enugu ..sold his house in Lagos to move his family to the us .....but for my Analysis apart from the good university opportunity his kid might noting more ..he told me most graduate are in debt of over 50000 dollars if u added his plus their mortgage and car loan it look like a trap and viscous cycle
Tell ur friend to improve himself, I hv guys doing same menial jobs like him and makes 4-5k monthly.. America bad bad bad but i also hv a friend who is now the bread winner of his family with less than two years in usa he sends $500 to his parents every month for their upkeep, this december now he just send $5k through me to complete his dad's house. He works hard and make monthly contributions because he knows y he's their not to leave and extravagant life this same job we r talking abt here are jobs u will do in Nigeria with 18k as salary

5 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 1:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
TUBLEZ:
Tell ur friend to improve himself, I hv guys doing same menial jobs like him and makes 4-5k monthly.. America bad bad bad but i also hv a friend who is now the bread winner of his family with less than two years in usa he sends $500 to his parents every month for their upkeep, this december now he just send $5k through me to complete his dad's house. He works hard and make monthly contributions because he knows y he's their not to leave and extravagant life this same job we r talking abt here are jobs u will do in Nigeria with 18k as salary
Less than two years in America? Wire wire boys detected. Even 5yrs in America cant do much...sorry, we know the system like the back of our hands

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by TUBLEZ(m): 2:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
timesup234:
Less than two years in America? Wire wire boys detected. Even 5yrs in America cant do much...sorry, we know the system like the back of our hands
U r addicted to negative news na, so am not surprised. When he said his friend earns 1600 per month u believed him because that's is the kind of news u love now let's look at it this way he said his friend work & 10 per hour so tell me how many hours work does his friend do per day to earn 1600 in a month that's laziness. Even if he doesn't wants to works himself out and do only 8hrs a day which is the normal working hour he's pay is still over 2k in a month now imagine real hustlers who does 16-18hrs per day that's abt 4-5k in a month so to u everything is wire wire? And again the boys doing wire wire in Yankee how do they see money to collect from Americans since Americans don't even hv $500 in their savings?

5 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by sKeetz(m): 4:14pm On Dec 19, 2017
TUBLEZ:
U r addicted to negative news na, so am not surprised. When he said his friend earns 1600 per month u believed him because that's is the kind of news u love now let's look at it this way he said his friend work & 10 per hour so tell me how many hours work does his friend do per day to earn 1600 in a month that's laziness. Even if he doesn't wants to works himself out and do only 8hrs a day which is the normal working hour he's pay is still over 2k in a month now imagine real hustlers who does 16-18hrs per day that's abt 4-5k in a month so to u everything is wire wire? And again the boys doing wire wire in Yankee how do they see money to collect from Americans since Americans don't even hv $500 in their savings?

You dey mind that frustrated rat.

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by sunvick(m): 5:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
Just new here but the yada yada talk is too much.
People are restricted by their limited knowledge hence their views are narrow and self absorbing. I know of someone(Nigerian) earning $90usd per hour which is about $14400/month.
Also know someone hitting $120k/Year.

TUBLEZ:

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 8:09pm On Dec 19, 2017
sunvick:
Just new here but the yada yada talk is too much.
People are restricted by their limited knowledge hence their views are narrow and self absorbing. I know of someone(Nigerian) earning $90usd per hour which is about $14400/month.
Also know someone hitting $120k/Year.

That's just $172,000 annually before tax na. Even doctors who make over $200,000 don't consider themselves rich. You obviously don't understand the American system, Your net pay after tax with such salary should be around $115,000. Your rent or mortgage will take 30% of your net pay. Don't let me break down the rest for you and you will find out that's nothing in 2017 America. Most people earning such even carry huge loans from college. Na we dey inside the America system, that's why I said you guys should stop allowing the conversion of currencies fool ya
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by sunvick(m): 8:23pm On Dec 19, 2017
Please can you break it down for me Who then do you consider reach in American society??

timesup234:
That's just $172,000 annually before tax na. Even doctors who make over $200,000 don't consider themselves rich. You obviously don't understand tha American system, Your net pay after tax with sure salary should be around $115,000. Your rent or mortgage will take 30% of your net pay. Don't let me break down the rest for you and you will find out that's nothing in 2017 America. Most people earning such even carry huge loans from college. Na we dey inside the America system, that's why I said you guys should stop allowing the converting of currencies fool ya
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 8:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
sunvick:
Please can you break it down for me Who then do you consider reach in American society??

please dont start again the guy is abnormal.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
TUBLEZ:
be real 18 hr really and no tax deduction abi na which country u dey
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 9:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
Alikote:
be real 18 hr really and no tax deduction abi na which country u dey
Dont mind that clown. Nobody works 18hrs a day in America. Thats over 90hrs for the five working days in a week. No one is even capable of working 90 hrs in a full week. Even machines dont work that much. I will be back later in the evening to fire bombs at those two folks above
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
sunvick:

u collect loan to pay tution fee like 100 k to become doctor collect around 300k to buy house 30 k car house hold items like 20k.so as a new doctor u besse likee 500 k like 180 m naira..then u keep paying for like 30 years

1 Like

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by wonlasewonimi: 9:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
This is why I can't teach. How do you impart knowledge to retardsss?
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by timesup234: 9:34pm On Dec 19, 2017
Alikote:
u collect loan to pay tution fee like 100 k to become doctor collect around 300k to buy house 30 k car house hold items like 20k.so as a new doctor u besse likee 500 k like 180 m naira..then u keep paying for like 30 years
Bro in 2017 a loan of $100,000 before interest cant get you a medical degree. The average before interest is getting closer to $300,000. Some even take more than $300,000. The average median price house a doctor will mortgage after meeting the 20% downpayment requirement should be around $500,000. A $300,000 home cant sit on a 4500 sq ft. Thats a small house compare to what someone earning over 200k annually is expected to purchase.
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by kroger: 10:23pm On Dec 19, 2017
Why did u ignore Ken4jj post like a plague grin grin He just summarized everything.. Case closed..

This is a long write up but it is very good to read for people who always compare Nigeria to the western countries

The western world is different because they are not built for people to store money. Their system is designed for money to circulate. This is why even services we pay peanuts for here is Nigeria is costly abroad. Everyone is given the opportunity to live a base life and if you want to be rich you can use your brain and do something extraordinary. For example, a barber, cleaner, nanny etc in the western world has the opportunity to live a normal life. He can save a little money, make a little down payment and buy a house or car on mortgage despite being just a barber. He gets to enjoy his tokunbo car and 2 bedroom apartment even though he is paying for it in the next 10 years. Even if he dies before he finish paying, he cannot say that he didn’t enjoy the basic things of life. Enjoying the basic things of life is not left for the rich alone.

A top bank manager earning more than 1 million naira a month cannot bring out 50k to pay a Nanny or gateman. Instead he will go and bring one Ekaite from the village whom he will exploit as slave. Ekaite will do all the jobs in the house and will not even go to school for the first 3 years. After 3 years, they will now send her to a local school where children sit on the floor even though their own children are going to posh schools. During Christmas, they give Ekaite’s family a bag of rice and 20k and the family is happy due to poverty. But this same man store millions of naira in his account and building lots of houses yet his gateman is just paid 10k a month. In the western world, the bank manager will have over 60% of his earnings go into the payment of other services. That means he will pay the Nanny, guards, gardeners, cleaners, barber etc that works for him an hourly minimum wage. So he has little money to save and build mansions here and there but the good thing is that the people in the lower cadre live a normal life off him and the money circulates.

You can go to china, import some substandard goods into the country, bribe SON and customs and sell your goods and make mega millions in a jiffy and build your mansions here and there. If you run a business, you can avoid paying taxes, just tip the FIRS and they would look the other way and you take those taxes you should have paid and build mansions for yourself, you are rich! The FIRS,Custom, SON guys make mega money and build their own mansions, you make your own mega money too, the ordinary people and the government are shortchanged but the govt is not bothered because they loot their own from crude oil directly. In fact, Nigeria is a goldmine if you have the mind and can throw away your conscience. Dem no born you well to not pay your taxes in the western world or do anyhow in the western world.

If you work in many organizations, you may not have to touch your salary because you will be getting illegal cash every day. For example, if you work in immigration, you will be getting 3k, 4k from people who want to get their passport else they may have to wait for one year to get it. If you work in universities, you will be getting extra 3k, 4k, 2k from people who wants their transcripts else they will look for your results for the next one year and so many examples. If you add up this monies, you can see that you are getting more than your salary from your little office. No wonder these civil servants you see have a lot of money. This is what you can never get abroad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 6:01am On Dec 20, 2017
Alikote:
Don't drag yourself through the mud with that piglet OP, I actually thought you were smarter than this..smh
Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 20, 2017
timesup234:
Bro in 2017 a loan of $100,000 before interest cant get you a medical degree. The average before interest is getting closer to $300,000. Some even take more than $300,000. The average median price house a doctor will mortgage after meeting the 20% downpayment requirement should be around $500,000. A $300,000 home cant sit on a 4500 sq ft. Thats a small house compare to what someone earning over 200k annually is expected to purchase.
The average median price house is $5hk and $3hk house can't sit on a 4500sq ft? Where are you getting your skewed up information from? Men, I never knew your type existed. Thanks to a faceless and ill-monitored forum like nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Lies Of Nigerians Living In America by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 20, 2017
PaulSimon2020:
Don't drag yourself through the mud with that piglet OP, I actually thought you were smarter than this..smh
there is notting bad in debts onces its for development and sustainable ..tution fees,morgate, i wish we hard such in nigeria we will have better well plan houses...and live better .....dangote borrowed 7 bn dollar to build the refinary ..i rather live in a good house on morgate than ajegule on fully paid..finally our veiw of live is different from develop world we see debt as a thing of shame and are in permant race to accumalate asset cause of uncertain economy ...but the american is totally different in orientation and veiw of life

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70)

Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan? / 8 Things You Need To Know About New Zealand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.