Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Mainagate: 7 Things They Refused To Tell President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mainagate: 7 Things They Refused To Tell President Buhari (514 Views)

Mainagate: Dambazzau Absent As Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos) / #MainaGate: One Scandal Too Many For Buhari’s Administration – Oby Ezekwesili / Video Of Chibok Girls Holding AK-47, Explaining Why They Refused To Return Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mainagate: 7 Things They Refused To Tell President Buhari by Idokojimmy: 8:30am On Oct 29, 2017
Maina: What they don’t want Buhari to know
Believe it or not. This is strictly a media trial. I am asking if Mr President was told these seven issues which nobody fighting Maina would want him to know. For the sake of posterity, I will ask and let the seven issues be public.
I know the pension matter very well. I and Danlami Nmodu of www.newsdiaryonline.com met working on the pension scandal. He worked in Tell Magazine while I was in TheNews Magazine.

We broke the first story’s details. At a point, I got calls to back off the report. I refused. I had my three-week-old Camry car crushed by a strange truck that massively rammed into the vehicle. Checks revealed where it came from.
I was attacked 10 days later with a gun. All they took was my 15-inch Apple laptop with a note: “go and continue writing all that nonsense you dey write on us.”

Now. Having established my depth. There are fundamental truths no one will tell President Buhari. Having forced Mr President to dance to a massive media barrage which painted Abdulrasheed Maina as blacker than Lucifer, who will tell President Buhari these truths like I know them? I owe the public and I therefore ask:

Did anyone tell Mr President that on the 2nd of November 2013, the Senate Joint Committee Chairman, Sen. Alloysius Etuk accused the Chairman of the Task Team, Abdulrasheed .A. Maina, of embezzling, stealing, misappropriating and mismanagement of N195 billion Pension funds, between 2005 and 2010, belonging to the following offices: Nitel, Nipost, NEPA, Railways, NPA, NNPC and several other pension offices in Nigeria? Yet Maina’s committee never existed until 2010. The Senate lied on live television.

These institutions: Nitel Pensions, Nipost Pensions, NEPA Pensions, Railways Pension, NPA Pensions, NNPC Pensions NEVER had anything to do with Maina’s committee. Did they inform Mr President that the Senate Committee headed by Etuk was alleged to have collected N3 billion, in dollars from the people Maina caught for pension thievery? A petition written against the Joint Committee Chairman Senator Etuk by some aides of one of the suspected Pension thieves, Shaibu Sani Teidi, is before the EFCC and ICPC, detailing the grand conspiracy against the Pension Reform Task Team and its Chairman.

Why has the petition not received any attention and instead ONLY the Chairman is being hounded by the operatives of EFCC? The EFCC CANNOT investigate or prosecute Maina because they were also members of the Inter-ministerial Task Team working on the Pension Reform. Did they tell President Buhari that Goodluck Jonathan’s administration, without follwing due process and obedience to the Civil Service Rules, dismissed Maina for being absent for three days while his life was in danger, following gun-shot attacks on him in front of the Head of Civil Service Office, where his office was located in February, 2013?

He was shot at with five bullets on the car he was in, a day after the Senate railroaded the Executive against him. Did they inform Mr President that based on perceived injustice and lack of fair hearing by the Senate Joint Committee on Establishment and Public Service, co-chaired by Sen. Alloysius Etuk and Sen. Kabiru Gaya under the leadership of Senator David B. A. Mark, the PRTT and its Chairman (Maina) took the 7th Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to court? They filed a case at the Abuja Federal High Court in a suit Ref: FH/ABJ/C5/65/2013 where they obtained a favorable judgment on 23rd March, 2013.

The judge in his ruling held that the Senate (7th National Assembly) failed to meet the constitutional provisions of Section 88 (1) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended). The judge ordered Maina to be restored back to the civil service; Till date, the Senate has failed to appeal the judgment of the Court or reverse its decision upon which it passed a resolution for the Chairman of the PRTT (Maina) to be sacked from the federal Civil Service. It has failed to comply with the provisions

Culled from daily trust NEWSPAPER
Re: Mainagate: 7 Things They Refused To Tell President Buhari by fergie001: 8:31am On Oct 29, 2017
angry
Re: Mainagate: 7 Things They Refused To Tell President Buhari by aolawale025: 8:46am On Oct 29, 2017
Even if they don't tell buhari doesn't he read the papers like the rest of us?

1 Like

Re: Mainagate: 7 Things They Refused To Tell President Buhari by Emmanueltrin(m): 8:51am On Oct 29, 2017
for all dis tin I know minna or mainna will still come back and collect a federal post I trust jubril aminu and his cabals for that ,useless,clueless and hopeless government . lemme know what cause it if jubril did not know
Re: Mainagate: 7 Things They Refused To Tell President Buhari by dunkem21(m): 8:51am On Oct 29, 2017
aolawale025:
Even if they don't tell buhari doesn't he read the papers like the rest of us?

Una no go kee pesin for NL grin

According to his media aides, he jumps to the cartoon section like me cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Mainagate: 7 Things They Refused To Tell President Buhari by thesicilian: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2017
I don't give a rat's ass about this Maina brouhaha. All I know is that every week in this country, the federal government must come up with some ridiculous issue to keep us distracted from the true state of the nation.

(1) (Reply)

Why Ikpeazu Does Not Deserve Second Tenure – Igbo Youth Council / PHOTOS: Gov Aregbesola Inspects Inspects Ongoing Drainage Works In Osogbo / CAN Slams VP. Osinbajo For Saying Buhari's Administration Has No Islamic Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.