Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,944 members, 7,821,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? (4377 Views)

Mother Abandons A Newborn Baby In An Uncompleted Building In Kaduna (photos) / Man Buys Brand New Benz For His Newborn Baby Girl (Photos) / Newborn Baby Girl With Cute Eyebrow (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 29, 2017
Fellow nairalanders, as a first timer I would like to tap into the experiences of mothers who were able to prepare adequately for their babies, particularly In the area of buying things that will be needed 4 delivery and after, and also how soon to buy those things? pls come to my aid o. Thank you
NOTE: pls kindly waka pass if u have no relevant contribution. I intentionally chose to do this via this platform,so pls no tantrums.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by sinaj(f): 7:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
Congrats in advance dear smiley

There is no perfect preparation. Just start by picking little things now you still have the strength to roam round the market.

If you dunno the sex of your baby yet, try getting lots of unisex clothes for ur baby.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 29, 2017
I've been searching for a thread like this. Please keep the suggestions rolling. I'm confused sef, someone should give ideas.
Re: What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by Ajanacool(m): 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2017
Based on my little experience as a father, these are the things some private or govt hospital may request for:
1 elbow gloves
2 surgical gloves
3 dettol
4 razor blade
5 confit pad
6 olive oil
7 mucus extractor
8 cord clamp
9 makintouch
10 under pad
11 methylated spirit
12. cotton wool
13. baby's clothes, soap and towel
14. glucose

the list is almost endless my dear. But having a baby is greatest thing that has ever happened to me. So visit ur hospital for a comprehensive list. Wish u safe delivery sis.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by Touchey: 8:16pm On Oct 29, 2017
Gimme ₦70k lemme buy them for you
Re: What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by adadike281(f): 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2017
As a nurse, I will advise u get these things: 1, olive oil 2, cord clamp ( 2 pieces) 3, delivery mat(2) 4, comfit pad (3) 5, baby oil 6, baby blanket 7, purit, cotton wool 8 methylated spirit and towel 9 sponge and mild baby soap 10, baby powder and unisex wears 11, baby head covering and socks 12 jik, detergents and baby bath tub 13, baby pampers and wipes I wish u a safe delivery

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 30, 2017
sexybbstar:
I've been searching for a thread like this. Please keep the suggestions rolling. I'm confused sef, someone should give ideas.
welcome onboard
Re: What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 30, 2017
Ajanacool:
Based on my little experience as a father, these are the things some private or govt hospital may request for:
1 elbow gloves
2 surgical gloves
3 dettol
4 razor blade
5 confit pad
6 olive oil
7 mucus extractor
8 cord clamp
9 makintouch
10 under pad
11 methylated spirit
12. cotton wool
13. baby's clothes, soap and towel
14. glucose

the list is almost endless my dear. But having a baby is greatest thing that has ever happened to me. So visit ur hospital for a comprehensive list. Wish u safe delivery sis.

very insightful. thanks so much sir.
at least my hdache s getn cleared
Re: What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 30, 2017
adadike281:
As a nurse, I will advise u get these things:
1, olive oil
2, cord clamp ( 2 pieces)
3, delivery mat(2)
4, comfit pad (3)
5, baby oil
6, baby blanket
7, purit, cotton wool
8 methylated spirit and towel
9 sponge and mild baby soap
10, baby powder and unisex wears
11, baby head covering and socks
12 jik, detergents and baby bath tub
13, baby pampers and wipes
I wish u a safe delivery

thannnnnnk uuuuu.
Re: What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 30, 2017
I can now begin to get these things gradually,thanks so much for the insights. I am really grateful.
Re: What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by Ammy5565(f): 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2017
lizoba:
Fellow nairalanders, as a first timer I would like to tap into the experiences of mothers who were able to prepare adequately for their babies, particularly In the area of buying things that will be needed 4 delivery and after, and also how soon to buy those things? pls come to my aid o. Thank you
NOTE: pls kindly waka pass if u have no relevant contribution. I intentionally chose to do this via this platform,so pls no tantrums.

https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by Ajanacool(m): 9:17pm On Oct 30, 2017
lizoba:

very insightful. thanks so much sir. at least my hdache s getn cleared
U are welcome

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by betty1983(f): 12:11pm On Oct 31, 2017
@ poster, If you stay on the Island (Lagos), I can supply you baby sponge, diaper and wipes. Call/Whatsapp 08029792537

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by ImaIma1(f): 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2017
Op request for a list from the matron of the hospital you use. They usually give the lists at antenatal classes if you ask.
You could also get a list online. I got my comprehensive list online
Re: What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 01, 2017
ImaIma1:
Op request for a list from the matron of the hospital you use. They usually give the lists at antenatal classes if you ask.
You could also get a list online. I got my comprehensive list online
ooh, that s exactly what I am trying to do too. some previous posters have given me list of things I could start getting. Thank you.
Re: What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby? by EagleScribes: 11:32pm On Nov 02, 2017
lizoba:

Get a complete wellness kit for your baby. Congratulations sis

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Living In The Same Single Room With Ur Wife And Ur Male Friend:pls Advise! / I Love This Picture / My 16 Months Son Cant Eat But Prefer Tea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.