Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? (18370 Views)

What's The Most Painful Thing Your Mother Ever Said To You? / Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent / "Where Is Your Mother?": Nigerian Mom Asks White Lady In Bikini On The Street (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 02, 2017
safarigirl:
if she raised an idiot like you, she no try.

A living dog is better than a dead lion grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 02, 2017
safarigirl:
even if I only knew my mum for ten years, she did not raise a c0ck-sucker. Your own just wasted her years on you

Eyah cry

I understand bae, life can be very hard for the motherless and unfortunate

2 Likes

Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Augustap(f): 8:18pm On Nov 02, 2017
Yoshy:
Comments here are hilarious! grin grin The first time I said that, after recovery from a surgery...mum responded "Nna ozugo, mechizie onu"
Ur mum be like " this anaesthetics is too strong, it's disturbing this boy" grin

Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by rookiy(m): 8:20pm On Nov 02, 2017
oh boy ..we no dey talk fr my house ohh ..she just knows we love her
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Ishilove: 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2017
Shaw007:
Me: i love you mom
Mom: (looks at me in the most awkward way possible) odape oti jeun yo laaro yi
Lwkmd cheesy
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by EKOSuperior(m): 8:55pm On Nov 02, 2017
NairalandSARS:
We don't say such in my house.
cheesy
NairalandSARS:
We don't say such in my house.
Hahahaha you no go kill me
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Tsowa(m): 8:56pm On Nov 02, 2017
I have never used it with her before cos we speak our local dialect (Nupe) and there's no direct interpretation of I love you.
the only sweet word we use is 'my one and only mama'

2 Likes

Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by litaninja(m): 9:09pm On Nov 02, 2017
I love you to an African mum
Are you looking to get a leather belt beating ni? Or omorogun reset....??
Of course you love her, that's why you wash the plates and sweep the floor... and she loves you, why else will she cook jollof rice for you on sunday?

2 Likes

Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Stevengerd(m): 9:15pm On Nov 02, 2017
Mama be like "That's my boy. and i be like That my treasure... Baba God give ma mama grace to live long, i gat alot to do for her.
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Ishilove: 9:31pm On Nov 02, 2017
Vado:
Wetin consign Iya Funmi with "I love you". Leave that for Oyinbo people. Three words can't capture the feeling.
Most profound post of the evening
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Juniorbuba(m): 9:39pm On Nov 02, 2017
This topic jus day make me laff immediately I sight am...

Me sha I cant even start saying "mum I luv u" cuz I knw the reaction will be

Mum: Come here and open your mouth.....*sniffs*
What did you drink at work today?? * quiet*
I say what did you drinky ah!" *quiet*
"you will not talk ahbi?"

Me: but mummy I just said I luv u, is not bad nah

Mum:is not bad ahbi?? Ok don't worry
Papa junior!! Papa junior ooo!! Come your son have started drinking burukutu

2 Likes

Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Omoluabi16(m): 9:59pm On Nov 02, 2017
Ishilove:

I can't bring myself to say those words. It'll make me feel awkward, childish. Abeg, I prefer to hail her.

2 Likes

Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by NERDYDREAMS(m): 10:31pm On Nov 02, 2017
My mum will be like....olalekan ave u started smoking that oshogbo weed again? grin
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by pedrilo: 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2017
I will mk efforts to start saying this words to mama anytime I call her. Though I show her how much I love her tru action
She is 70+ and getting old.
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Yoshy: 12:09am On Nov 03, 2017
Augustap:

Ur mum be like " this anaesthetics is too strong, it's disturbing this boy" grin
Exactly, I really acted funny Shia, even proposed to a nurse, just because she held me with a very soft and tender hand... though I couldn't see her o
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by chukxie(m): 12:18am On Nov 03, 2017
Me: I love you, mama.

My mom: God bless you!

Me: Amen!

Sounds awkward. The thing is we live in a country where parents hardly "I love you" to their kid(s). Their not saying so doesn't mean they don't love their kid(s), it's just that they're not used to it. Maybe it's an African thing. Asian parents hardly say "I love you" to their kid(s), too.
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by GoldNiagara(m): 2:11am On Nov 03, 2017
mhizesther:
Lol... she'll just be like "Hmmm" hmmm".. I don't have any money to give u, go an love ur daddy

Smart mama, will love to meet her!
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Nobody: 2:32am On Nov 03, 2017
skarlett:
My mom expects you to say it after every call and if you don't, she'll say it first.

I love you mama kiss
happy birthday dear
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by sossolidboy(m): 6:51am On Nov 03, 2017
I don't have the chance to say it to my mum, Cox I lost my mum at the age of 8years old. Hope she's alive to express my feelings for her.
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Augustap(f): 7:05am On Nov 03, 2017
Yoshy:

Exactly, I really acted funny Shia, even proposed to a nurse, just because she held me with a very soft and tender hand... though I couldn't see her o
Hahahaha. When i was under the influence of anaesthetics, i was trying to smile at my boyfriend cos i could feel he was kinda in pain. I kept smiling at him (my inner self told me i was really smiling) but i couldn't see him properly, he was in millions, so i don't know if he knew i smiled at him or if he even smiled back. Wen i remember some of the tins i did, i just burst laugh grin

1 Like

Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 03, 2017
frustratedrat:
happy birthday dear

Thanks dear
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by pryme(m): 7:53am On Nov 03, 2017
skarlett:

Thanks dear

Happy Birthday,

Happy New Year.

Have a blast.

1 Like

Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Vado(m): 8:54am On Nov 03, 2017
Ishilove:

smiley
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Yoshy: 8:57am On Nov 03, 2017
Augustap:

Hahahaha. When i was under the influence of anaesthetics, i was trying to smile at my boyfriend cos i could feel he was kinda in pain. I kept smiling at him (my inner self told me i was really smiling) but i couldn't see him properly, he was in millions, so i don't know if he knew i smiled at him or if he even smiled back. Wen i remember some of the tins i did, i just burst laugh grin
grin grin grin I used to think my case was special. Hehehe, At that crucial moment, all I had was my mind.
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by XYZo: 9:27am On Nov 03, 2017
UBGG:
I've never said that to my mum and probably never will because I'm not one to show emotions, especially the love kind.

Uhm ur dp says much about that wink
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by XYZo: 9:37am On Nov 03, 2017
safarigirl:
and who is this scoundrel?

Abeg face the dick you're sucking. Oponu oshi
So even u can speak Yoruba shocked
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Augustap(f): 10:01am On Nov 03, 2017
Yoshy:
grin grin grin I used to think my case was special. Hehehe, At that crucial moment, all I had was my mind.
It happens to everyone who wakes up b4 the effect of the drug clears

1 Like

Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Wondababy7(f): 12:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
to me this is the problem with africans......the inability to express love..

we must express our love to our children from early so they will be able to express it also. how can some of you have never said i love you to your mum? i understand its the culture but i think its sad and its a bad thing.
Me i tell my son i love him every single day and i will never stop doing such. i would encourage everyone that has never said those words to their parents to do so becuase one day they will no longer be around then you would wish you had said something......
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2017
pryme:

Happy Birthday,

Happy New Year.

Have a blast.

Thank you kiss
Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by ashjay001(m): 2:25pm On Nov 03, 2017
skarlett:

Thanks dear

A Gigantic Happy Bday to u, Skar.
LLnP
Hip Hip Hip

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
ashjay001:

A Gigantic Happy Bday to u, Skar.

LLnP

Hip Hip Hip

Thanks a lot Jay kiss

Hurray! grin

1 Like

Re: How Does Your Mother React To "I Love You Mom"? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
XYZo:

Uhm ur dp says much about that wink

Lol. I am enthralled by the beauty of the Joker's mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Love Or Submission...which Should Come First In Marriage? / A Law Banning Poor Men From Polygamy. / Mention Myth Your Parents Made You Believe As Achild

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.