Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished (4963 Views)

Kogi Deports ‘78 Northern Beggars’ To States Of Origin | Sahara Reporters / Falana: Posting Policemen Outside State Of Origin Is Unproductive / FACT CHECK: Did Atiku Hire US Lobbyists To Get Him Recognised As President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by hooklover: 10:14am On Oct 31, 2017
The complication state of origin has created more harm than good. It is better we go with state of residence.if you stay in Lagos for over 5yrs and pay taxes there you are a lagosian.Entitled to all benefits of the state and contest for any position..

How can someone stay in Lagos over 10yrs and cannot benefit cos u say he is not from Lagos state. But he works and Pau taxes to govt.

Sate of origin should be abolished from our constitution and replaced with state of residence as its done abroad....

The earlier we do this we have less friction and can have a free Nigeria not divided by state of origin...

Hausa who stay up to 5yrs or more in Lagos with prof can claim to be resident in Lagos.
Igbo innlagis can do d same.

Igbos in Kano can do the same....

Web we realised our state of residence more important that state of origin we can have a great county not divided by ethnic lines....

1 Like

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by slyng(m): 11:27am On Oct 31, 2017
Why is Lagos your casestudy?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 31, 2017
slyng:
Why is Lagos your casestudy?
cc oladeebo

4 Likes

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by Omofunaab2: 11:41am On Oct 31, 2017
Potor and their obsession with lagos sha. ..

They hardly talk about Aba or owerri

20 Likes

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 31, 2017
Omofunaab2:

no need to talk about aba and owerri na . .

2 Likes

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by Movic1(m): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2017
lol! Should I say you are bias or what? In all your write-up I didn't even see where you wrote, A Yoruba man that live in the East for more than 5years is entitled to all benefits of the state and contest for any position. Your aim and concern is just Igbo and Lagos! Na wa o. The hausaman of a thing is just a cover up! Na wa for Una o! As lagos dey west they pain Una ni?

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by lilytender: 12:24pm On Oct 31, 2017
You are doing yourself while thinking that you are doing me. Even if you tell me your state of residence is Lagos, as long as your name is Chukwudi, I know that you are omo Igbo. Even if you say that your state of residence is Kano, as long as your name is Olawale, I know that you are omo Oduduwa. So, lets stop deceiving ourselves about state of origin or state of residence, we should just live with the dichotomy. Abubakar Sanni cannot tell me that his state of residence is Osun and expect me to treat him like omo Oduduwa because Abubakr Sanni is definitely an almajari from the North.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by Oloripelebe: 12:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
This flatinooo crooks sha wan grab lagos sha by all means grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by Alexus23: 12:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
What a load of lubish. We are talking of dismanteling the zoo, your are talking of state of residence. You need your ishi checked man cheesy

5 Likes

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by oodualover: 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Bro, me sef i tire.

7 Likes

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by oodualover: 1:24pm On Oct 31, 2017
Eboes are really obsessed with the zoo. I have never seen a greedy tribe like eboes before. While eboes are fixing their eyes on Lagos, Hausas are already taking over Ebonyi.

16 Likes

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by hooklover: 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
There are many Yoruba's in southwest. They can claim state of residence. That WATS obtain in d states. It reduces the ethnic dichotomy cos it is were u live and work that matters. Not Yoruba man working over 10yrs in akwaibom pay taxes there and still cannot benefit from d state....

The Lagos development is as a result of all tribes coming together so Yoruba's cannot say they alone are responsible for the economic prosperity in Lagos...

If taxes are collected from other tribes that work and live in Lagos or other states then they should be seen as folks contributing to d good of their present state..

If passed into law will go a longway..

3 Likes

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by rumours: 2:02pm On Oct 31, 2017
The hypocrisy of Nigerians are matchless. In one breath, they shout one Nigeria but to support a suggestion for one Nigeria to work is a problem. Pretenders. Let this country be shared abeg.

8 Likes

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by nwadiuko1(m): 2:25pm On Oct 31, 2017
lilytender:
You are doing yourself while thinking that you are doing me. Even if you tell me your state of residence is Lagos, as long as your name is Chukwudi, I know that you are omo Igbo. Even if you say that your state of residence is Kano, as long as your name is Olawale, I know that you are omo Oduduwa. So, lets stop deceiving ourselves about state of origin or state of residence, we should just live with the dichotomy. Abubakar Sanni cannot tell me that his state of residence is Osun and expect me to treat him like omo Oduduwa because Abubakr Sanni is definitely an almajari from the North.
what of john Michael?

1 Like

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by Blue3k(m): 2:35pm On Oct 31, 2017
Cool with me OP. Here's a simple question are you willing to give up being from certain place just because of you ethnicity. You no longer conest in the other places your state of origin unless you go live their five years.

2 Likes

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by Justiceleague1: 2:48pm On Oct 31, 2017
oodualover:
Eboes are really obsessed with the zoo. I have never seen a greedy tribe like eboes before. While eboes are fixing their eyes on Lagos, Hausas are already taking over Ebonyi.

while yorubas are taking over motor parks,garages and under bridges grin

7 Likes

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by Justiceleague1: 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2017
Oloripelebe:
This flatinooo crooks sha wan grab lagos sha by all means grin grin grin

na so nah..she gat brain far more than u amalas grin

1 Like

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by Justiceleague1: 2:54pm On Oct 31, 2017
Omofunaab2:

and u yaself are never tired of dancing in potor grin
everyday u are inside potor matter,na so u love potore?! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by Ngokafor(f): 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2017
The earlier we sperate and yorubas left alone with lagos ,the better for all...One Nigeria is a huge scam and an anomally that must be set right..sooner or later.

5 Likes

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by Omofunaab2: 2:58pm On Oct 31, 2017
Justiceleague1:

and u yaself are never tired of dancing in potor grin
everyday u are inside potor matter,na so u love potore?! grin

Lol, Opolo jina si iwo nti eeee. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by AshiwajuFoward: 2:59pm On Oct 31, 2017
Yinmu. That crap won't fly coz it will only favour almajiri/wandering tribes like herdsmen and yiebo people more than others. Why? Iboland is not condusive, too tribalistic, less-accomodating and less-economically developed for most other Nigerians to find it attractive enough to move to in order to live, earn a living and benefit from such a law. Therefore the benefits would be one-sided and meaningless to the majority of Nigerians. Most ibos don't even want to remain in iboland so where is the incentive for non-ibos to emigrate there? I repeat that such a law will not fly and is dead-on-arrival. cool

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by iluvdonjazzy: 3:05pm On Oct 31, 2017
its better this way, but by their names we shall know them.

1 Like

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by lastmessenger: 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:
Yinmu. That crap won't fly coz it will only favour almajiri/wandering tribes like herdsmen and yiebo people more than others. Why? Iboland is not condusive, too tribalistic, less-accomodating and less-economically developed for most other Nigerians to find it attractive enough to move to in order to live, earn a living and benefit from such a law. Therefore the benefits would be one-sided and meaningless to the majority of Nigeria. Most ibos don't even want to remain in iboland so where is the incentive for non-ibos to emigrate there? I repeat that such a law will not fly and is dead-on-arrival. cool
with this kind of statement coming from a youth,I already lost hope in the country. Like someone said, everyone is shouting one Nigeria but when the time come to implement things to make one Nigeria work,you all drag foot.
I give up already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by Justiceleague1: 3:08pm On Oct 31, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Lol, Opolo jina si iwo nti eeee. grin grin

E pain am o lolss grin

e pain am sotay him dey speak latin_potor grin

1 Like

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by AshiwajuFoward: 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2017
lastmessenger:
with this kind of statement coming from a youth,I already lost hope in the country. Like someone said, everyone is shouting one Nigeria but when the time come to implement things to make one Nigeria work,you all drag foot.
I give up already

Omo, fvck 'One Nigeria' o. Who One Nigeria epp I am not an advocate of that crap. I feel every region should be in charge of their own turf and handle their own shyt as they deem fit. Left to me, everybody should even bear their father's name. There'll be more respect, less strife, and folks would know and act within their boundaries that way. undecided

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2017
This thread is a false flag attack meant to ignite Igbo vs Yoruba drama. OP just had to mention Igbo unnecesarily because he knows the power behind that word.

Southern Nigeria! for how long will you allow merchants of hatred press your mumu botton?

1 Like

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by Blue3k(m): 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2017
igbodefender:
This thread is a false flag attack meant to ignite Igbo vs Yoruba drama. OP just had to mention Igbo unnecesarily because he knows the power behind that word.

Southern Nigeria! for how long will you allow merchants of hatred press your mumu botton?

This isn't big deal to anyone not a tribalist. He mentioned igbo and hausa. Consider these type of topic the preferred debate ground of stupid.
Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by lastmessenger: 3:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
AshiwajuFoward:

Omo, fvck 'One Nigeria' o. Who One Nigeria epp I am not an advocate of that crap. I feel every region should be in charge of their own turf and handle their own shyt as they deem fit. Left to me, everybody should even bear their father's name. There'll be more respect, less strife, and folks would know and act within their boundaries that way. undecided
so are you for secession, restructuring, devolution of power or regionalism?
Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by juman(m): 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by juman(m): 3:52pm On Oct 31, 2017
The better go and develop their region.
Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by fellowman: 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2017
Omofunaab2:

because Lagos needs to be conquered first, The Hausa Fulani has plans to take Lagos since the 18th century. The igbos have arrived too to conquer Lagos too so you need to watch your back.
Re: State Of Residence Recognised While State Of Origin Abolished by AshiwajuFoward: 4:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
lastmessenger:
so are you for secession, restructuring, devolution of power or regionalism?

I am for secession. But if that's not obtainable I will go with regional autonomy. The military tried (and failed) to force the various ethnic components within this geographical expression to assume a pseudo-identity. This is partly responsible for the failure of the country to develop since regionalism was terminated. Give the ethnic components secession or regional autonomy and see if they won't develop at their own pace beyond what this country can ever attain under a false 'One Nigeria'. Common stable electricity we haven't been able to get right after all this while, in spite of the billions of dollars wasted. I put it to you that Yorubaland will achieve 24hr stable electricity within 3-years if granted the autonomy to chart its own course.

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku To OBJ: You Cant Stop Me This Time! / Saudi's Crown Prince To Build A $500 Billion Desert City With Artificial Rain / AU Endorses Nigeria For U.N Security Council non-permanent seat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.