Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Kindly Nominate Your Ministers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kindly Nominate Your Ministers (10665 Views)

Let Me Nominate Your Minister, Fayose Urges Buhari / Nominate Your Preferred Candidate For 2015 Presidential Election . / Nominate Your Worst State Governor Of The Year 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by Shoot2Kill: 5:51pm On Mar 23, 2010
beneli:

Your thoughts are very interesting, but there’s need for clarification on the bolded parts:

When you talk about ‘judges preferably from abroad’, did you mean foreign nationals, ‘diasporan Nigerians’, or in your minds eye where you thinking of Caucasians? Would say, an Indian national qualify to be a judge ‘from abroad’? Which ‘foreign professionals’ exactly are not ‘prone to bribery and corruption’? There aren’t any, really, whether they be ‘diasporan Nigerians, blue eyed blond haired PhD holders or whatever.

It’s the system that you have in place that creates or expunges the ‘proness’ to corruption. It is not a function of race, ethnicity or geography.

Well you have misread me. What i meant is professionals from abroad who have excelled in their various field, the colour of their skin is not important to me. Their heart and their dedication to the progress of Nigeria is what matters. Like you mentioned Nigerians in diapora also qualify, if you look at Uk and USA for example there are a lot Nigerians there who have excelled even more than Caucasians in their fields. Professor emeagwali is one such person.

That being said ,you cannot deny the fact in the world we live in today most of the great ideas still come from the west and we all know 80% of the people in the west are Caucasians. It may sound somehow to you but that is the truth. The Caucasians gave us education and modern civilization we still have a lot to learn from their professionals. Japan is the second biggest economy today because in 1900s the emperor of Japan swallowed his pride and sent many young Japanese students to the USA to the study in US University. Many of the student went to learn the art of making electronic circuit boards and today Japan has the largest electronics producing market in the world. Some studied auto engineering and weapons development and today Japan produces it’s own weapons as well as cars.

South Africa today is a great country because of the influence of the Afrikaners(white south Africans) Do you know that South Africa now manufactures it’s own electric car, the car was designed by an Afrikaner and the company is woned by an Afrikaner? www.optimalenergy.co.za

Do you know that South Africa has it’s won weapon Manufacturing company that manufacture tanks, military helicopters, assault rifles? www.denel.co.za . This company also manufactures the most powerful sniper rifle in the world which is now being used by the United States marine corps. http://www.vincelewis.net/20mm.html This company is owned by an Afrikaner.

Take a look at Zimbabwe, immediately the whites were sent out the country went downhill because the blacks that took over those farms did nothing but eat all the live stocks and party until they no food left on those farms. If the Arabs in UAE ,BAHRAIN , KUWAIT , OMAN ,can swallow their pride and allow foreign professionals to help them move their country forward why should we be too proud to do that? This is not about black or white, this is about learning from someone who knows more than you do.

At this stage i know you may be thinking that i worship Caucasians, well you are wrong. I don’t worship them ,i want to learn from their professionals as well as black professionals so I can be better than I am today. I am a proud black man but i have to realistic and i don’t know everything and i still have a lot to learn

All the knowledge i have today is because i learn new things from people. I am never too proud to ask for assistance if I don’t know something. Like the proverb in Nigeria “He who asks for directions never get lost”

If you read my comment properly, you will see i said "who are not prone to bribery and corruption”, I did not say white people are not corrupt. I said that we have to select the ones who are not corrupt amongst them.

The reality of it is that we need foreign experts , Nigerians in diaspora and home based intellectuals in Nigeria to give us new ideas.

Dubai is what it is today because of Canadian architects ,South Korean construction companies ,British bankers ,American investors and Western tourists. Dubai’s leader realized the importance of embracing the world and it has paid off well for them.

USA is booming today because of foreign experts from other countries. Many professional from India, Nigeria, Israel china, Russia e.t.c have contributed to the massive growth of the USA

Based on my little experience, this are the countries where i will like the Nigerian government to hire experts from based on their excellence in these field

Agriculture = South Africa, Australia ,Zimbabwe and New zealand

Solar Energy = Isreal , USA,France

Education = England

Engineering = South Korea , Japan, USA

Architecture = South Africa , Australia, Canada ,Spain

Construction = South Africa , Denmark ,Germany ,Japan

Petroleum = Russia , USA

Manufacturing = South Korea ,Japan ,china

Infrastructural planning = South Africa ,Canada ,Australia

Armed forces = Britain,USA,Germany,Turkey

Police = England ,USA

Information Technology = Japan,USA,South Korea

Other alternative energy = Brazil , Isreal,South Korea

Nuclear Energy = Isreal ,South Africa ,Russia

Job Creation = Canada,Australia,New Zealand,Japan
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by larez(m): 6:55pm On Mar 23, 2010
@Shoot to kill:

Here is a post that I made today at one of the sites of a Nigerian newspaper:

[center]Solving Nigeria's problems, Part 1 by Femi Animashaun[/center]

I find it very pathetic that some caliber of Nigerians still believe that everyone and everything is about Niger Delta Oil. Nigerians are generally good at repeating what their leaders say in beer parlours without an inclination of analysis. It is sooo very simple to solve Nigeria's issues if we only have some leaders with common sense. Every part of Nigeria is very blessed with solid minerals, but we allow ourselves to continue being entrenched in poverty by a few people. Imagine if royalties and taxes being generated by exploitation of mineral wealth in each state equaled and surpassed the income from Oil, what will the agitators of the Niger Delta have to complain about? The next question then would be why are we not developing these resources right? The answer lies within monopolistic practices of some Nigerians who will not let the railroads work because they make money with their fleet of trucks. This makes mining uneconomic. Moving minerals to the coast by road is impractical. If Nigeria wants to move forward, then we should develop our water, rail and road transport systems. Ecological and economic sabotage has been perpetrated in the past by building dams on the 2 main water transport systems of the south. We should stop trusting Oyinbos with our strategic developments. I cry so much for Nigeria, as my people continue to die and suffer out of ignorance.

In regards to your previous post, I agree with you on many aspects except for where you call for foreigners. Do you know that one of the best heart surgeons in the world is a Nigerian at Emory University? Are you aware that North Carolina medical community is full of Nigerians and their president for about the past 15 years has been Nigerian? Do you know that we have many Nigerians working in agencies such as NASA? You only hear about 419 Nigerians because gifted Nigerians live quietly and integrate into their host communities abroad. Are you also aware that Nigerians are the largest group of PHD holders in the United States?

The problem with Nigeria is that our leadership is filled with mediocrity. I am currently writing an article on how to fix the problems of Nigeria. Here is an excerpt of what I have written so far:

Solving Nigeria’s Problems by Femi Animashaun

While most people are engrossed with the current political issues concerning the status of the presidency, once again Nigerians may fail to take advantage of an opportunity to address the underlying issues stagnating our progress. We are talking about Ministerial nominations, yet we are not talking about intelligence quotient and the ability of whatsoever nominees to be capable of logical thinking. As the world develops exponentially, Nigeria remains entrenched in mediocrity emanating principally from leadership. How can we make progress when our leaders do not even know how to turn on computers? Most people here followed the last American elections and are aware of Obama's almost addictive use of his Blackberry. He was always in contact with the people and could read and address issues almost instantly. Our leaders rather surround themselves with thugs and hoodlums, killing and maiming in the name of politics.

It is rather unfortunate that these same leaders have traveled and lived abroad. These same leaders abide by foreign laws successfully and yet come back home to foster ethnic rivalry as a means of gaining political power. Because of what I now see as a deliberate systematic campaign to reverse the educational policies of past leaders such as Awolowo, Nigerians are now much less educated than their peers a generation and 2 generations ago. Nigerians nowadays hardly read because they can hardly survive on the meagre income that they generate from their complete time being spent surviving. While surviving, my people become pawns to political Godfathers who throw a little cash at them to achieve self interest. The infusions of this cash into the pockets of these poor people automatic program them into seeing the Godfathers as saviours. This in-turn creates a form of enslavement which is called loyalty towards the Godfathers.

Slavery very much exists in Nigeria, and this is why you see people capable of going out to kill other Nigerians on the orders of some depraved maniacs who have systematically programmed the minds of the people by playing the role of saviours to these suffering masses. These Godfathers become stronger as the people get fed out of the spoils gained from his political exploits. He becomes master over his throng of slaves who begin to see him as the God of his ethnicity which further entrenches a culture of impunity. All these go on as intellectual Nigerians with vast experiences abroad in industrialized nations attempt to come back home to make change. The get disillusioned fast and are rebuffed and discouraged by a leadership that sees them as a threat. They try to curtail them by stealing their ideas without compensation and then botching up the execution of these ideas due to lack of vision.

It is common knowledge that many from diaspora constantly submit projects to Governors and other government agencies and are rebuffed only to then see their ideas being carried out by cronies of those in government. The court system does not help either due to backlogs and bureaucracy that allows people to gain from economic theft. There are various kinds of economic and financial crimes being carried out with impunity in Nigeria. We as the people should begin to fight against this. We hear people in Government making statements such as “Godfather” controls cement or barite in Nigeria. Statements such as that should be challenged and investigated. What gives any person the God’s given right to declare unilaterally that they control any Nigerian resource? In civilized nations such statement immediately triggers an extensive investigation of anti racketeering laws. Nigerians have to begin to fight these cabals and racketeers who want to keep them entrenched in poverty while forcing monopolistic policies that benefit them. These are clearly economic crimes and border on treachery against the country’s economy.

There are cabals that will fight and kill to prevent you for selling stuff like granite and sand at a lower price because they want to keep their profits high without caring about the consequences on housing for the masses. These are also treacherous people who continue their practices unhindered. In the area my mother lives suddenly after Goodluck was made acting president, we are now having unprecedented supply of continuous flow of electricity. This is the same area that rarely gets 2 hours of power in 2 days. As you can imagine, a large percent of personal income goes to buying fuel, oil and servicing a generator just to be able to get any work done. Students do not get any power to study with and yet are expected to miraculously pass exams. This issue should be probed. Why suddenly, there is power supply running through PHCN lines?

There are enough talented Nigerians all over the World to solve the issues of Nigeria if we get rid of touts in power. We should focus on laws that will create an enabling environment that will allow these people to come back home and help with growth and progress.
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by Shoot2Kill: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2010
larez:

@Shoot to kill:

Here is a post that I made today at one of the sites of a Nigerian newspaper:

[center]Solving Nigeria's problems, Part 1 by Femi Animashaun[/center]

I find it very pathetic that some caliber of Nigerians still believe that everyone and everything is about Niger Delta Oil. Nigerians are generally good at repeating what their leaders say in beer parlours without an inclination of analysis. It is sooo very simple to solve Nigeria's issues if we only have some leaders with common sense. Every part of Nigeria is very blessed with solid minerals, but we allow ourselves to continue being entrenched in poverty by a few people. Imagine if royalties and taxes being generated by exploitation of mineral wealth in each state equaled and surpassed the income from Oil, what will the agitators of the Niger Delta have to complain about? The next question then would be why are we not developing these resources right? The answer lies within monopolistic practices of some Nigerians who will not let the railroads work because they make money with their fleet of trucks. This makes mining uneconomic. Moving minerals to the coast by road is impractical. If Nigeria wants to move forward, then we should develop our water, rail and road transport systems. Ecological and economic sabotage has been perpetrated in the past by building dams on the 2 main water transport systems of the south. We should stop trusting Oyinbos with our strategic developments. I cry so much for Nigeria, as my people continue to die and suffer out of ignorance.

In regards to your previous post, I agree with you on many aspects except for where you call for foreigners. Do you know that one of the best heart surgeons in the world is a Nigerian at Emory University? Are you aware that North Carolina medical community is full of Nigerians and their president for about the past 15 years has been Nigerian? Do you know that we have many Nigerians working in agencies such as NASA? You only hear about 419 Nigerians because gifted Nigerians live quietly and integrate into their host communities abroad. Are you also aware that Nigerians are the largest group of PHD holders in the United States?

The problem with Nigeria is that our leadership is filled with mediocrity. I am currently writing an article on how to fix the problems of Nigeria. Here is an excerpt of what I have written so far:

Solving Nigeria’s Problems by Femi Animashaun

While most people are engrossed with the current political issues concerning the status of the presidency, once again Nigerians may fail to take advantage of an opportunity to address the underlying issues stagnating our progress. We are talking about Ministerial nominations, yet we are not talking about intelligence quotient and the ability of whatsoever nominees to be capable of logical thinking. As the world develops exponentially, Nigeria remains entrenched in mediocrity emanating principally from leadership. How can we make progress when our leaders do not even know how to turn on computers? Most people here followed the last American elections and are aware of Obama's almost addictive use of his Blackberry. He was always in contact with the people and could read and address issues almost instantly. Our leaders rather surround themselves with thugs and hoodlums, killing and maiming in the name of politics.

It is rather unfortunate that these same leaders have traveled and lived abroad. These same leaders abide by foreign laws successfully and yet come back home to foster ethnic rivalry as a means of gaining political power. Because of what I now see as a deliberate systematic campaign to reverse the educational policies of past leaders such as Awolowo, Nigerians are now much less educated than their peers a generation and 2 generations ago. Nigerians nowadays hardly read because they can hardly survive on the meagre income that they generate from their complete time being spent surviving. While surviving, my people become pawns to political Godfathers who throw a little cash at them to achieve self interest. The infusions of this cash into the pockets of these poor people automatic program them into seeing the Godfathers as saviours. This in-turn creates a form of enslavement which is called loyalty towards the Godfathers.

Slavery very much exists in Nigeria, and this is why you see people capable of going out to kill other Nigerians on the orders of some depraved maniacs who have systematically programmed the minds of the people by playing the role of saviours to these suffering masses. These Godfathers become stronger as the people get fed out of the spoils gained from his political exploits. He becomes master over his throng of slaves who begin to see him as the God of his ethnicity which further entrenches a culture of impunity. All these go on as intellectual Nigerians with vast experiences abroad in industrialized nations attempt to come back home to make change. The get disillusioned fast and are rebuffed and discouraged by a leadership that sees them as a threat. They try to curtail them by stealing their ideas without compensation and then botching up the execution of these ideas due to lack of vision.

It is common knowledge that many from diaspora constantly submit projects to Governors and other government agencies and are rebuffed only to then see their ideas being carried out by cronies of those in government. The court system does not help either due to backlogs and bureaucracy that allows people to gain from economic theft. There are various kinds of economic and financial crimes being carried out with impunity in Nigeria. We as the people should begin to fight against this. We hear people in Government making statements such as “Godfather” controls cement or barite in Nigeria. Statements such as that should be challenged and investigated. What gives any person the God’s given right to declare unilaterally that they control any Nigerian resource? In civilized nations such statement immediately triggers an extensive investigation of anti racketeering laws. Nigerians have to begin to fight these cabals and racketeers who want to keep them entrenched in poverty while forcing monopolistic policies that benefit them. These are clearly economic crimes and border on treachery against the country’s economy.

There are cabals that will fight and kill to prevent you for selling stuff like granite and sand at a lower price because they want to keep their profits high without caring about the consequences on housing for the masses. These are also treacherous people who continue their practices unhindered. In the area my mother lives suddenly after Goodluck was made acting president, we are now having unprecedented supply of continuous flow of electricity. This is the same area that rarely gets 2 hours of power in 2 days. As you can imagine, a large percent of personal income goes to buying fuel, oil and servicing a generator just to be able to get any work done. Students do not get any power to study with and yet are expected to miraculously pass exams. This issue should be probed. Why suddenly, there is power supply running through PHCN lines?

There are enough talented Nigerians all over the World to solve the issues of Nigeria if we get rid of touts in power. We should focus on laws that will create an enabling environment that will allow these people to come back home and help with growth and progress.

Thank you very much for this information, may GOD bless you in your future endeavours. It is Nigerians like you that should be in leadership. Yes i agree with you, Nigerians are naturally talented, the only thing we need now is genuine patriotism, honesty and dedication to our homeland. If our Government was sensible enough to seek out these highly qualified Nigerians in Diaspora who have a “clean record” we may be on the way.
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by larez(m): 9:04pm On Mar 25, 2010
@Shoot2Kill:

Thank you too my Brother, and God bless you too.
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by Golfer: 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2010
Nigeria’s acting president, Goodluck
Jonathan, named Olusegun Aganga, who works at Goldman Sachs
Group Inc., as finance minister in his new Cabinet, and replaced
many of the ministers he dismissed two weeks ago.
The former mines minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke, was
named as the new petroleum minister at a swearing-in ceremony
today in the capital, Abuja. Jonathan has said that 13 former
ministers will remain in the Cabinet.
Re: Kindly Nominate Your Ministers by azorjiu(m): 2:59pm On Apr 06, 2010
Dora Akunyili still the information mister? Wow, the re-branding exercise continues

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governors Forum Warn Against Passing Minimum Wage States Cannot Pay / Buhari To Confer Buratai, Jamoh With National Honours - WhistlerNG / Imo: Tribunal Sacks Reps Member Onwuegbu (PDP), Returns Apc's Chike Okafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.