Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,417 members, 7,812,229 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation (43743 Views)

Jamb Activates Caps And Admission Portal For 2022 / Breaking!: JAMB Activates Portal For 2019 UTME Results / JAMB Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by mathkid(m): 10:27am On Nov 03, 2017
seegi:
No they have not released d list. but i didn't participate during d Post-utme
wic skul are u now processing
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by docyomex(m): 10:28am On Nov 03, 2017
yakamata:

Bro you seem to know something about it, so please I have a question that requires your immediate attention. I clicked on ACCEPT the moment I saw course offered. I didn't know about all this rule of recommended, Approved ,Not admitted. The worst part is I can't recall what the admission status stated before I clicked on accept.
I've modified the post
It was copied
But still I can't find the question
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 03, 2017
Rhectz:

you need to understand the caps process.
ideally, jamb ought to authenticate and assent any candidate admission before its finally endorsed by the university.
its unfortunate that some institutions released the list they already forwarded to jamb for processing even while jamb was still perusing the said list
What does "recommended" mean?
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by Limitless72(m): 10:36am On Nov 03, 2017
Sheun001:

when I first checked it showed recommended then I click on accept it now showed accep
My own is showing not admitted should I click on accept?.... Becos am not sure unizik admission list is out
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by yakamata(m): 10:38am On Nov 03, 2017
docyomex:

I've modified the post
It was copied
But still I can't find the question

what is my fate, am i still eligible for admission
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by docyomex(m): 10:42am On Nov 03, 2017
olumose001:
what if its showing proposed or recommended??
*CAPS (Digest Carefully)*
I had seen several updates from students recently in line with the
reopened caps profile for students. The sad part is, many are
seizing moments to say all sort as against what CAPS represents.
Let me treat the first on the list. Propose, Recommend and
Approve.
Admission Officer *Proposes* students based on the program cut
off.
Head of higher institution *Recommends* after reviewing the
proposal by the Admission Officer, Jamb Desk Officer *Approves*
the recommended student having looked into it thoroughly. As
against the information disseminated by some, you are not open
to everyone once you see recommend. This is still limited to your
University of choice. You only become open to other higher
institution when the portal gives you an option to Accept or
Reject. The moment you reject/decline, you automatically move
to the Market place. To those clicking on Accept, I will say you
shouldn't bother yourself much. The portal is still being worked
upon (As we chat). It does not affect in anyway yet. To those that
saw *Not Admitted*, there are two things involved. It is either you
are not up to the cut off mark required for your said program or
the admission officer of your school is yet to propose you.
Meanwhile, if you see students in your category being proposed
already, then you may have to seek other options. The portal will
be fully ready soon and my advice is, be guided. ...........
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by yakamata(m): 10:45am On Nov 03, 2017
Rhectz:
JAMB CAPS, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Report has it that, most candidates saw the ‘Not admitted’ notification on their
JAMB CAPS PORTAL which simply means that they have not been offered provisional admission at their institution of choice, So therefore you are all advised not to click on the ‘ ACCEPT‘ icon until your JAMB CAPS, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Report has it that, most candidates saw the ‘Not admitted’ notification on their
JAMB CAPS PORTAL which simply means that they have not been offered provisional admission at their institution of choice, So therefore you are all advised not to click on the ‘ ACCEPT‘ icon until your admission status changes to ” ADMITTED“, clicking on the ‘ ACCEPT ‘ icon simply means you’ve accepted a non-existent admission.
By the time your school of choice releases her admission list, you will not only see the “ ACCEPT ” icon but also a ‘ DECLINE ‘ icon . You are enjoined not to click on the ‘ ACCEPT ‘ icon until you receive an admission notification from your institution of choice. Please note, To those who might have clicked on the ‘ ACCEPT ‘ icon, your action implies that you have accepted the course and institution choice, so you won’t be placed in the JAMB proposed CAPS market place peradventure you were not later offered provisional admission in your school of choice. releases her admission list, you will not only see the “ ACCEPT ” icon but also a ‘ DECLINE ‘ icon . You are enjoined not to click on the ‘ ACCEPT ‘ icon until you receive an admission notification from your institution of choice. Please note, To those who might have clicked on the ‘ ACCEPT ‘ icon, your action implies that you have accepted the course and institution choice, so you won’t be placed in the JAMB proposed CAPS market place peradventure you were not later offered provisional admission in your school of choice.
[b][/b]

Why will jamb offer a non existent admission
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by docyomex(m): 10:46am On Nov 03, 2017
olumose001:
what if its showing proposed or recommended??
*CAPS (Digest Carefully)*
I had seen several updates from students recently in line with the
reopened caps profile for students. The sad part is, many are
seizing moments to say all sort as against what CAPS represents.
Let me treat the first on the list. Propose, Recommend and
Approve.
Admission Officer *Proposes* students based on the program cut
off.
Head of higher institution *Recommends* after reviewing the
proposal by the Admission Officer, Jamb Desk Officer *Approves*
the recommended student having looked into it thoroughly. As
against the information disseminated by some, you are not open
to everyone once you see recommend. This is still limited to your
University of choice. You only become open to other higher
institution when the portal gives you an option to Accept or
Reject. The moment you reject/decline, you automatically move
to the Market place. To those clicking on Accept, I will say you
shouldn't bother yourself much. The portal is still being worked
upon (As we chat). It does not affect in anyway yet. To those that
saw *Not Admitted*, there are two things involved. It is either you
are not up to the cut off mark required for your said program or
the admission officer of your school is yet to propose you.
Meanwhile, if you see students in your category being proposed
already, then you may have to seek other options. The portal will
be fully ready soon and my advice is, be guided. ...........
#copied
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by Dollabiz: 10:47am On Nov 03, 2017
Good
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by docyomex(m): 11:08am On Nov 03, 2017
yakamata:

what is my fate, am i still eligible for admission
Would you want someone to determine your "fate" Be patient... Wait for the list Have faith... That's all I can say
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by smilingface(m): 11:25am On Nov 03, 2017
Viktom:
my dear that is misleading, jamb don't have a university and so the schools have a final say and not jamb. when they send list to jamb they are only giving honour to whom it's due.

confusion ooh...my school admission list is not yet out and jamb have already approved me to be admitted.
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by Hushpupi(m): 11:26am On Nov 03, 2017
Issoright
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by akeeen(m): 11:29am On Nov 03, 2017
'We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please try again or contact Adminstrator if error persist.'

That's what the website is displaying
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by mathkid(m): 11:38am On Nov 03, 2017
akeeen:
'We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please try again or contact Adminstrator if error persist.'

yep kip trying..think the website is been accessed by a lot of students
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by akeeen(m): 11:43am On Nov 03, 2017
mathkid:
yep kip trying..think the website is been accessed by a lot of students
I've been accepted .. smiley
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by Chukazu: 11:48am On Nov 03, 2017
drLammy:

This is a good way to checkmate the institutions from giving admission to those not qualified but will be favoured under what they term Vc's list n co.

Even at that,they should checkmate whatever they want to checkmate and send emails and text messages to candidates involved; I mean how people are aware these procedures and how many have access to Internet especially in the rural areas?

The best way to stop unscrupulous admission by universities is to increase facilities,and increase admission quotas .a situation where universities admit less than 500 thousand of more than a million candidates seeking admission will always lead to discrepancy

1 Like

Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by abayormie00(m): 11:49am On Nov 03, 2017
To check your admission status :First step: change ur browser's settings to desktop site
Second step: go to ur normal jamb profile where u check ur result
Third step: click on the right hand side corner of the portal
Fourth step: under admission you will see caps then click on it
Fifth step: click on admission status ...but make sure u change ur browser's settings to desktop site..if not it won't work

Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by mathkid(m): 11:56am On Nov 03, 2017
akeeen:
I've been accepted .. smiley
really
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by Prefola: 11:56am On Nov 03, 2017
Limitless72:

My own is showing not admitted should I click on accept?....
Becos am not sure unizik admission list is out
Bro don't try that oooh...if you accept,then you are in trouble oooh...wait let unizik release their list first...
I just found out some unizik aspirants have accepted due to ignorance and now i don't think those ones would be eligible for admission again...be patient and calm down..
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by mathkid(m): 11:58am On Nov 03, 2017
abayormie00:
To check your admission status :First step: change ur browser's settings to desktop site
Fifth step: click on admission status ...but make sure u change ur browser's settings to desktop site..if not it won't work
that school released their list right?
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by akeeen(m): 11:58am On Nov 03, 2017
mathkid:
really
yeah.. smiley

Civil engineer
. uniosun
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by akeeen(m): 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
mathkid:
really
yeah.. smiley
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by mathkid(m): 12:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
akeeen:
yeah.. smiley

Civil engineer
. uniosun
Congrats

hope its ur jamb profile u checked sha like dat pix up there.......
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by Saintinoo(m): 12:02pm On Nov 03, 2017
akeeen:

are you a DE candidates? If not try again.
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by Saintinoo(m): 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
abayormie00:
bro, is DE candidates excluded from this Caps stuff?
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by akeeen(m): 12:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
mathkid:
Congrats

hope its ur jamb profile u checked sha like dat pix up there.......
yeah..
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by mapet: 12:10pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nnamdiojukwu:

smilingface: :
i don't understand..is this admission only ment for those that their school have release admission list or is jamb now giving out the admission.
Good question.

Good question? lipsrsealed

At the risk of not wanting to sound rude, I will advise you both to start with reading what CAPS is all about......
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by mapet: 12:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
shabzy95:
My mine is showing not admitted. Should I accept or what?

"Ye gbele o"...... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by mapet: 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2017
otokx:

Sheun001: :

when I first checked
it showed recommended then I click on accept it now showed accepted
You should have waited till your status changed to approve.

Unfortunately this is a glitch in the system and not Sheun001 's fault. The system should have been programmed to enable the acceptance botton only when the status is "approved". Well CAPS can still be improved going forward and JAMB should fix this subsequently
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by Rhectz(m): 12:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
i'm vying 4 uniben, mine is showing recommended, i'm I safe?
very safe
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by yakamata(m): 12:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
docyomex:

Would you want someone to determine your "fate"
Be patient...
Wait for the list
Have faith...
That's all I can say
sorry for the inconvenience Bro. I just checked it through my jamb portal and my admission status is empty plus the ACCEPT and REJECT button are both disabled.
Re: Jamb Activates CAPS For Admission Confirmation by Zeemarch(m): 1:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
Mine was showing not admitted yet and my school of choice has released there first admission list this week please what can I do next.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone? / Adebola Olubamiji: First Black To Get PhD In Biomedical Engineering In Canada / Victoria Oluwaremilekun Adeniyi Is Dead! OAU Lecturer Slumps & Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.