Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy (40533 Views)

Can You Cancel Marriage Because Of Church Denominations Difference? / Israel Will Be Bombed Today. This Is A Prophecy / It Will End In TEARS AND MOURNING-A Prophecy About Nigeria In The Month Of June (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by 2buffagain(m): 4:03pm On Nov 05, 2017
Modelqwen:
shocked

Hia..... everyday wahala..

Op.... me too the matter tire me.

I doubt a woman that loves her husband
would say such prayer for her spouse.

A lot of women want to marry, but they are too wicked to be wives. They are incapable of love.
If you want to have an idea how backward some women reason, see this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/4158693/wives-solo-earner-time

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by Eteo: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
My people say "use sleep to guess how death will be"....if your brother with his small change is keeping late nights and not returning home sometimes...what will now happen when he becomes super rich?

That is the heartfelt fear of a woman who does not want to lose her husband to another woman...she would rather manage, if only he will be all hers than enjoy luxury when he is putting his kini in every willing home....Newsflash: some women pray for their husbands to get rich and when they do become rich and start carrying girls Upandan, the woman will kukuma use the money to impress toyboys to service her too ...would your brother prefer that??,

The woman is insecure as it is....your advise to your brother should be how to talk her out of the insecurity and re-assure her of his love for her and their children...but here you are judging the woman for daring to harbour such thoughts just because your brother takes care of the home financially. Hello!!! Caroline Danjuma has divorced her billionaire husband ooo... there s more to marriage than just having a community penis who pays bills in the home. More money does not necessarily equate to more happiness sometimes it's the opposite sef...which is why Jesus said it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

He should not divorce his wife o! His wealth will come.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by olabrad: 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2017
Modelqwen:
shocked

Hia..... everyday wahala..

Op.... me too the matter tire me.

I doubt a woman that loves her husband
would say such prayer for her spouse.

I think she loves him, but it is a selfish kind of love.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by opedaydydx9(m): 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2017
musicwriter:

It works whether the pastor is fake or real. In fact, it works best if the pastor is fake. Please go back and watch the documentaries I added to my previous post. A US pastor named Jim Jones, once convinced his followers to commit mass suicide, and they happily did so.
r u a xtian or moslem.. Answer that truthfully first
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by 2buffagain(m): 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2017
MhizzAJ:
And your brother believed what the pastor said

Your brother needs to have a rethink about this whole thing

His wife has kids for him already

All these pastors always end up bringing confusion into people's home

They do more of guesswork

Your brother isn't wise at all and that pastor is not spirit filled

Why are nairalanders this illiterate?
The opening post is a subject and a post. You will only look at the subject and not READ the actual post, and then you start typing foolishly.

Abi to read dey pain una brain? Does every word-translated-to-meaning cause your brain crippling pain?

If you read it, you will see that it was confirmed by his wife, so his belief or non-belief about the matter is not a factor.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
shortgun:
Prophets, pastors, Church leaders I will need your help on this one.

My elder brother has been married to his wife about 14yrs now, the marriage is blessed with 3 boys.
His wife is not the kind of woman a lot of men will pray for but no one is perfect. My bro tells me things about his marriage that he won't even disclose to our parents, I am very close to him and he always seeks my opinion.

His wife is a devoted Christian... she attends almost all d church programs and never misses Church service every sunday.

They had a program in d Church and she invited the husband. My brother went to the program and the Pastor called him out and told him that God wants to bless him financially more than he will ever imagine but there is a voice crying to God not to bless him.

The pastor called the wife out and told her that she is the d one telling God not to bless her husband cos she thinks a lot of money in his hands will make him to misbehave and d wife said yes.

The pastor now asked my brother to promise that if God bless him with this huge amount of money will you promise not to misbehave and he said yes... the pastor now asked his wife to reverse the prayer she has been praying against her husband right there inside the Church so that God can bless him and she did.

Since that day my brother became restless, he couldn't believe that the woman under his roof is d one praying against his progress. He told me that he wants to divorce her so that he can be free from her negative prayers.

I don't really know what to tell him.

Tell your brother to flee from evil
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by royalamour(m): 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
LadySarah:
In asmuch asi dont support the woman,the husband's fears need to be allayed,Ofcourse she is the one wearing the shoes and knoew where it is pinching her.
the questiin is,what is your bros attitude like when change enters his pockets?Is he proud,arrogant,wasteful...these mqy be qhy the wife is afraid.

What is wrong with you?
Why are you this wicked?

Trying to justify her actions. It is pathetic. SMH

1 Like

Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by musicwriter(m): 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2017
opedaydydx9:
r u a xtian or moslem.. Answer that truthfully first

Unfortunately, neither Christianity nor Islam is the way. I prefer to just believe in God.
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by nathanccr(m): 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
MhizzAJ:

But the woman confirmed it now
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by Martin0(m): 4:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Na wa for u ooo that na d subject nagrin
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by Austin234(m): 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
I think something has gone awry here. God is not an author of confusion. The wife is only showing her human nature possibly because of the she met her hobby. As a result, she tends to be afraid that if the hobby becomes super rich he may go after other girls. Permit me to assert here that the prophecy is faulty and should be discarded so. God is not an author of confusion. The pastor merely acted on psych. From my own assessment, ur brother is already blessed. Divorce should be out of it entirely. The couple could sit down and iron things out themselves. Third parties should stay put even u. Unless they want to go for counselling. In the case of counselling, care and caution must be their watchword. At this juncture, i rest my case
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by Roseey0(f): 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2017
My grandpa taught me as a child that witchcraft is not rocket science. You don't hv to be possessed to wish one something and it will come to pass.

He begged me to strive to live at Peace with everyone, that with that, no evil will come near me.
Something as small as you mistakenly stepping on someone without apologising can make the person angry with you. And until such person is appeased, nothing will ever go well for you. All depends on how bad the person felt after the wrong was done.
He said it was natural and has nothing to do with the spiritual. It's nature's cause and effect principal. And alot of people are paying back but didn't know.

That's why I laugh at people that don't understand these things. Things are better off when you treat everyone the way you will treat yourself. Things will naturally work for you. His wife doesn't even need to say a prayer, all she needs is that bad feeling and wish against the husband and nature picks it and makes him pay in one way or the other.

Divorce will not stop nature because you already share something together. She owns a big part of him and cañ still exact her inflence naturally once she's not happy with him.

Example
I remb when mum wanted to buy a new car cos her old car was giving her issues. Dad told her a car wasn't priority as of then, that he will get her a new one when family bills reduces. Mum no gree. She knows family bills never stops coming and that her request may enter one chance. She went ahead to put her old car up for sale, so she can supplement and buy a new one.
That car was never sold. Every effort to get a new one failed. She eventually hv to open up to us to help beg our father, she knows how these things work na because grandpa preached it alot.
We finally intervened and Dad gave her the go ahead. She got one almost immediately. But....she's hasn't stopped visiting mechanics even for the new one. Remb Dad was practically coerced to let her buy.

It takes a deep mind and observer to understand these things.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by endtime1(m): 4:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
I will comment on three aspect
1. The pastor did not act maturely , he should have handled the issue wisely not publicly. he should have called the wife and counsel her on the danger of been an hindrance to her husband blessings
2. the wife should know that she will be one to suffer for it most if the husband is stagnant
3. the husband should know that divorce is not the solution. Dialogue is the way out
caution to both wife and husband is 1peter 3:7
In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God's gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by Olababymee: 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
shortgun:

There is no doubts he heard from God cos d wife confirmed what he said right there in the Church before the congregation.

Let's assume what the Pastor said is true and the wife has truly been praying that way, it's very possible that your brother already exhibits character traits that have made her believe that he will misbehave (even more) when he is more financially well off.

Tell your brother to treat his wife right and be at peace.
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by Divinerace(m): 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2017
Chrismentor3:
This is serious, but divorce its never the best option after so many years, I suggest he should stop bringing out money for the family upkeep so that the woman will understand what it means to live in poverty, I'm sure after one month she would be crying to God to bless the husband.
supported!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by Martinez19(m): 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2017
MONITZ:

Re u for real?
oh yes. You have to realise that we live in a world filled with wickedness, lies, deception and make-believe. If you investigate spiritualists, clergymen, psychics and the rest, you will find that they are worthless and empty. They have no special power. Investigate by yourself. wink
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by habsydiamond(m): 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
so women can be so heartless sometimes. i don't pray for such a woman ooo. he don marry him enemy junior sister cousin as wife... may God help him out....

1 Like

Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by opedaydydx9(m): 5:58pm On Nov 05, 2017
musicwriter:

Unfortunately, neither Christianity nor Islam is the way. I prefer to just believe in God.
lovely but judge nobody, I believe in all lies there's always an atom of truth
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by ReneeNuttall(f): 6:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
paulynpen:

Have you also heard of people dying because the worked against the blessings of God

So witches are more powerful than God. When people say someone held my blessing from God I always laugh. When God bless Daniel and the prince of Persia held it. God did not wait for Daniel to pray He sent a stronger angel. But in our case God approved and withches say no. Its so Finny. If witch hold your blrssing from God my dear check yiurself

Why are u taking the whole thing personal? Did u see anywhere were I said witches are more powerful than God?Who annoy u today?First and for most I wasn't even talking to u.Pls check urself o.You are just saying so many things out of context. Please channel ur Pandora box of anger to the op make I no vex insult u.
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by Princewell2012(m): 6:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
SirMichael1:
I can bet that his wife was hypnotized by the pastor to have uttered such!

What was the pastor's aim? To break a marriage. This is why wisdom is applicable to direct.

What happens to questioning them privately and individually after the close of the service? So everyone can say to him "You're a real man of God, Sir" and his pride will keep swelling and 'bigging' and 'bigging'.

Lord mercy is all we ask for in this day and age

I was reading as a guest until I saw ur comments.

God bless you. I was having that in mind. Does it mean he prophet wanted to break their marriage? Just as you rightly said, he can invited both parties and counsel them properly.That would have been a noble things to do. Nevertheless this people also like the praises of men, hence giving the prophesy openly. Happy Sunday .
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by SirMichael1: 6:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
Princewell2012:

I was reading as a guest until I saw ur comments.

God bless you. I was having that in mind. Does it mean he prophet wanted to break their marriage? Just as you rightly said, he can invited both parties and counsel them properly.That would have been a noble things to do. Nevertheless this people also like the praises of men, hence giving the prophesy openly. Happy Sunday .

Yes and better yet, he counsels them individually. Some upcoming pastors want to be called prophet of God, Man of God and co by their members forgetting who called them. They prefer the praises of men to their maker's. How was service today?
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by MTKbudapest(m): 6:48pm On Nov 05, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided FAKE STORY

Fake story my dear.
If i believe this, i'll believe anything.
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by GloriaNinja(f): 6:49pm On Nov 05, 2017
MTKbudapest:

Fake story my dear.
If i believe this, i'll believe anything.
lol

1 Like

Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by ralph28(m): 6:58pm On Nov 05, 2017
Well, divorce is not an option here.
Tell your brother to show much love to his wife now that he has found out that God hears her prayers.
Behind every successful man there is a woman, so to speak.
Let him provoke her with love, automatically her prayers for him will change for good.

Ladies in the house, hope I'm right?
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
Roseey0:
My grandpa taught me as a child that witchcraft is not rocket science. You don't hv to be possessed to wish one something and it will come to pass.

He begged me to strive to live at Peace with everyone, that with that, no evil will come near me.
Something as small as you mistakenly stepping on someone without apologising can make the person angry with you. And until such person is appeased, nothing will ever go well for you. All depends on how bad the person felt after the wrong was done.
He said it was natural and has nothing to do with the spiritual. It's nature's cause and effect principal. And alot of people are paying back but didn't know.

That's why I laugh at people that don't understand these things. Things are better off when you treat everyone the way you will treat yourself. Things will naturally work for you. His wife doesn't even need to say a prayer, all she needs is that bad feeling and wish against the husband and nature picks it and makes him pay in one way or the other.

Divorce will not stop nature because you already share something together. She owns a big part of him and cañ still exact her inflence naturally once she's not happy with him.

Example
I remb when mum wanted to buy a new car cos her old car was giving her issues. Dad told her a car wasn't priority as of then, that he will get her a new one when family bills reduces. Mum no gree. She knows family bills never stops coming and that her request may enter one chance. She went ahead to put her old car up for sale, so she can supplement and buy a new one.
That car was never sold. Every effort to get a new one failed. She eventually hv to open up to us to help beg our father, she knows how these things work na because grandpa preached it alot.
We finally intervened and Dad gave her the go ahead. She got one almost immediately. But....she's hasn't stopped visiting mechanics even for the new one. Remb Dad was practically coerced to let her buy.

It takes a deep mind and observer to understand these things.

Yeah... like the blood of the innocent that cries DAY and NIGHT to God against it's murderer, until it is avenged!
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by Topgainer: 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2017
I have been there before now. I resisted the cunning miscreat who desired to manipulate and control our affairs. I am happy I disobeyed the useless and dangerous instructions.
Allow them total control of your life at your own peril. If you must associate with these brands of Prophesying Prophets and gangs, be on your guard because in the midst of one accurate prophecy are lined up potentially destructive 'solutions' and ill conceived plans.
All guide a Christian will ever need are in the Bible. The ones you can't find there are already provided within you.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by selfmadeboss: 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2017
WTF did I just read lol
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by larrybee2017(f): 8:47pm On Nov 05, 2017
LadySarah:

I doubt she made the prayer,it was just her thoughts .so the wife thinks that if he happens to get rich he'd throw caution to the wind...They need a heart to heart talk,it'll go a long way in soving the problem.
your bro should treeat her well,a wife iis an angel to her husband even some of his prayers could be hindered if his wife isnt happy with him.The prophet only emphasized what the bible says in 1 peter 3 vs 7(the last part).
Marriage is sweet when both can compromise.
pls talk to him
You make sense die and I give you three gbosa for that. Most men think how their wives feels in marriage does not really matter in as much as you give them money for upkeep, what a stupid way to think!! A woman's feeling must be respected if a man wat things to go well with him. Marriage is not all about money!!! A real woman needs company and a listening ear coupled with a helping hand. No matter how hard he prays the pain of a "faithful" woman attract God's attention.
No woman is born a trouble maker,they are made. Your brother needs to know this. The issue on ground is about infidelity if you ask me. Is he faithful to his wife?
Divorcing her is not an option but telling your brother to grow up is. If he truly love his children then he needs to work on his integrity as a man! Only a stupid man will think about his children forgetting theor mother. Three kids and yet your brother still keep late night, he truly needs help. This is not to justify the woman though but only God truly understand the pain of a woman. Many are dying under the weight of neglect from their spouse. How do you pray for someone who gives you pain and belittle you, how do you pray for someone is probably never home and even when he is he watch you struggle to achieve 5 tasks with no intention to help. If it's that easy then he shouldn't be thinking of divorce!! Tell him to make amend in his way and I tell you no devil can stop him. Make a woman smile and you see your path dropping fatness do otherwise and you see vengeance cause heaven hear their cry!!!

1 Like

Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by paulpery: 8:49pm On Nov 05, 2017
419 pastor. The pastor may be having affair so with the wife.
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by divineappo(m): 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2017
shortgun:
Prophets, pastors, Church leaders I will need your help on this one.

My elder brother has been married to his wife about 14yrs now, the marriage is blessed with 3 boys.
His wife is not the kind of woman a lot of men will pray for but no one is perfect. My bro tells me things about his marriage that he won't even disclose to our parents, I am very close to him and he always seeks my opinion.

His wife is a devoted Christian... she attends almost all d church programs and never misses Church service every sunday.

They had a program in d Church and she invited the husband. My brother went to the program and the Pastor called him out and told him that God wants to bless him financially more than he will ever imagine but there is a voice crying to God not to bless him.

The pastor called the wife out and told her that she is the d one telling God not to bless her husband cos she thinks a lot of money in his hands will make him to misbehave and d wife said yes.

The pastor now asked my brother to promise that if God bless him with this huge amount of money will you promise not to misbehave and he said yes... the pastor now asked his wife to reverse the prayer she has been praying against her husband right there inside the Church so that God can bless him and she did.

Since that day my brother became restless, he couldn't believe that the woman under his roof is d one praying against his progress. He told me that he wants to divorce her so that he can be free from her negative prayers.

I don't really know what to tell him.
OP: Go back and ask ur brothers wife, tell her she is not in church but at home, and that she should tell u the truth from her heart. Ask her to search her heart and tell the truth, "if she is actually indeed making such negative prayer points exactly as the pastor said it.

From my deep experience regarding prophecies from pastors, many members will say YES to a prophecy that is not exactly true, to avoid disgracing the pastor that his prophecy is false. Am very serious about this, I have seen many many cases of members saying " YES" to a false prophecy, because they don't want to disgrace their pastor/Father in d lord in d presence of other members. But deep down in their heart, they know that what daddy in d lord said is false.

I av seen many many cases like this in benin (Edo state) especially among timid individuals who very very less outspoken in public.

Many pastors in benin & port Harcourt are criminal, they look for gentle and timid members, they read them psychologically and use them to shine in church.
Re: My Brother Wants To End His Marriage Because Of A Prophecy by LadySarah: 8:58pm On Nov 05, 2017
larrybee2017:

You make sense die and I give you three gbosa for that. Most men think how their wives feels in marriage does not really matter in as much as you give them money for upkeep, what a stupid way to think!! A woman's feeling must be respected if a man wat things to go well with him. Marriage is not all about money!!! A real woman needs company and a listening ear coupled with a helping hand. No matter how hard he prays the pain of a "faithful" woman attract God's attention.
No woman is born a trouble maker,they are made. Your brother needs to know this. The issue on ground is about infidelity if you ask me. Is he faithful to his wife?
Divorcing her is not an option but telling your brother to grow up is. If he truly love his children then he needs to work on his integrity as a man! Only a stupid man will think about his children forgetting theor mother. Three kids and yet your brother still keep late night, he truly needs help. This is not to justify the woman though but only God truly understand the pain of a woman. Many are dying under the weight of neglect from their spouse. How do you pray for someone who gives you pain and belittle you, how do you pray for someone is probably never home and even when he is he watch you struggle to achieve 5 tasks with no intention to help. If it's that easy then he shouldn't be thinking of divorce!! Tell him to make amend in his way and I tell you no devil can stop him. Make a woman smile and you see your path dropping fatness do otherwise and you see vengeance cause heaven hear their cry!!!

I tell u,i have been in her position and then one day i told my hesrt out to my husband even opened the bible for him and he realized his mistakes.As it is today,if i objext to what he is doing,itdoesnt work out.he tells his friends about it.I have never opened my mouth to pray evil against him but i was bitter with him.Alot of the men are insulting me but i ignored them because thats wht a lot of them do to their wives.
She is bitter and needs love and affextion frm her husband not sex and money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emmanuel Uchenna & Family Kneel As Apostle Suleman Prays For Them (Photos) / Ayo Oritsejafor's Private Jet Grounded At The Airport (Photo) / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Pastor David Wilson's Sex Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.