Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,777 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV (54899 Views)

You Are Viewing Bein Sports Illegally - TSTV Subscribers Warned By Bein Station / Ding!!! TSTV Bein Sports HD Are Now Live & TSTV Decoders Are On Sale / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by oputa1: 5:55am On Nov 04, 2017
vengertime:
DSTV at work

Wetin we do this DSTV people sef

Lolz Dstv at work , u are right about
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by ArcFresky(m): 6:40am On Nov 04, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
Me ayam not understanding. How were you hacked just few days in existence? This begs the question of how secured your servers are. What stops the hackers from ending your operations once and for all instead of just a pop-up message? Abi na bobo una dey bobo us?

My brother, there is nothing that cant be hacked, its just a matter of resources and time..

Even U.S companies with tough servers are hackdd all the time, Yahoo was hacked.... even our nairaland was hacked.
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 04, 2017
abututony:
CTL is the best,no wonder dstv will not allow them enter Western state

CTL is a small company and them showing the EPL is illegal, they probably have an agreement with DStv to restrict their operation in the minority. DStv have exclusive rights to EPL in West Africa... It's hard to digest but it's the truth. They will never allow CTL to bring their operation to the South West because that's where the most customers are. Tstv are making a lot of noise, i don't think they can operate the way they plan without coming to agreement with DStv. Call me a DStv agent I don't care, this thing is business. DStv paid millions of pounds to get the exclusive right and they are going to protect their business.
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 04, 2017
vengertime:
DSTV at work

Wetin we do this DSTV people sef
i no know.

Na by force to buy dia market.
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 04, 2017
AZeD1:

There are no legal streams for the EPL except those owned by people who own the licenses.

Ask them why mobdro is it available on the play store. Most steaming are illegal but they still exist. It's just like downloading torrents is illegal but that doesn't stop people from doing it and it doesn't mean the authorities don't know about it, but they only act when it becomes necessary.
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by EvilMetahuman: 8:27am On Nov 04, 2017
nnofaith:
chei bros! It is actually you that dont know how rights work!
Rights are sold on territory basis, beIN has the right for MENA( Middle east and north africa ) Dstv for sub sahara and south Africa and the rights are exclusive, none can infringe on the other's territory.
Do you have the copy of the agreement?

Did they exclusively say in the agreement that, media house from another territory cannot broadcast from another territory?

E.g if channel wants to partner skysport to broadcast one epl per week, did the agreement forbids that or just that they cannot broadcast epl directly?

Waiting...
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by EvilMetahuman: 8:29am On Nov 04, 2017
texazzpete:

This is getting even more embarrassing.

Now you're confusing yourself. First you admit Supersport has an exclusive license. Now you claim 'other media houses' may be the ones licensing content to TSTV.

CTL and Trend probably get away with it because they are relatively small fry.

And in this case, Channels will merely re-broadcast NTA's footage. Channels cannot source footage from anywhere else.

This is so straightforward that I'm stunned how you don't get the simple concept.

SuperSport has EXCLUSIVE license with the Premier League for the EPL in Nigeria. No matter if TSTV goes and signs whatever they want with beIN, beIN have ZERO right to air in Nigeria, either directly or with a partner. They'll never sign such a deal, since it exposes them to litigation.

Did they exclusively say that in the agreement. That a media house from another territory cannot broadcast from another territory or you are just using your own logic?

E.g if channel wants to partner skysport to broadcast one epl per week, did the agreement forbids that or just that they cannot broadcast epl directly?

Waiting...
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by EvilMetahuman: 8:29am On Nov 04, 2017
AZeD1:
DStv owns the right to Nigeria.... Any deal has to be with DStv ....
do you have the copy of the agreement?
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by gabe: 8:36am On Nov 04, 2017
monex:

of course they are lying na.

they should just show us an MOU or contract excerpt showing they are authorised by BEIN to broadcast the matches.

Simple thing o!
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by antyokya: 10:18am On Nov 04, 2017
johnstar:
I thought as much

Na dstv hackers handwork because bein nor fit even do that kind. Sh1t

Thunder fire dstv

I totally agree with you brother. if actually tstv are transmitting beIN sports illegally, they (beIN) would have done the needful-close down their transmission, but no they are just writing on the screen while transmission is still going on. dstv die by hanging
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by AZeD1(m): 10:28am On Nov 04, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
You can check the EPL website.
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by texazzpete(m): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

Did they exclusively say that in the agreement. That a media house from another territory cannot broadcast from another territory or you are just using your own logic?

Waiting...

Please don't be obtuse.

Of course a channel can partner with supersport, sub license the feed and broadcast it...But only in regions where Supersport has a licence to broadcast.

So yes, if Channels TV gets a licence from supersport, they can show the EPL.

We saw this happen some years back when DSTV had to negotiate with HiTV for the right to show some EPL games when HiTV owned the license.

But as I said before, at the bottom of things, you can only broadcast in a territory where the license holder has the rights. So To counter your point, there is no legal way for anyone to say they've signed an agreement with beINsports to air EPL in Nigeria since beIN rights do not cover Nigeria.

This should be brain dead simple, easy to grasp for anyone that has crossed JSS3. But you will still come back to question it, because you're desperate to believe.
Pity.
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by texazzpete(m): 10:35am On Nov 04, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

On the premierleague website, it's clearly stated there that Supersport has the exclusive rights.
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by EvilMetahuman: 10:58am On Nov 04, 2017
texazzpete:

Please don't be obtuse.

Of course a channel can partner with supersport, sub license the feed and broadcast it...But only in regions where Supersport has a licence to broadcast.

So yes, if Channels TV gets a licence from supersport, they can show the EPL.

We saw this happen some years back when DSTV had to negotiate with HiTV for the right to show some EPL games when HiTV owned the license.

But as I said before, at the bottom of things, you can only broadcast in a territory where the license holder has the rights. So To counter your point, there is no legal way for anyone to say they've signed an agreement with beINsports to air EPL in Nigeria since beIN rights do not cover Nigeria.

This should be brain dead simple, easy to grasp for anyone that has crossed JSS3. But you will still come back to question it, because you're desperate to believe.
Pity.

*facepalm*

Did the agreement exclusively forbids media houses from getting sub licences from other region.

Jesus! Its a simple straight forward question that doesn't need long story.

Yes or no?
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by EvilMetahuman: 11:03am On Nov 04, 2017
AZeD1:

You can check the EPL website.
please copy the part that exclusively forbids media houses from getting sub licences from other region and paste it here.
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by moonraker(m): 11:15am On Nov 04, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
please copy the part that exclusively forbids media houses from getting sub licences from other region and paste it here.

Stop Embarrassing yourself on here.

There is no such laws. However, even if the license in question is a sub license,

such information will be available for all to see.

At my base, The media establishment with the main license is called Sports Navi. Other media houses with sub licenses are NHK and Jsports

respectively.

My point?? If any organisation has a sub license, you will know.
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by EvilMetahuman: 11:24am On Nov 04, 2017
moonraker:

Stop Embarrassing yourself on here.

There is no such laws. However, even if the license in question is a sub license,

such information will be available for all to see.

At my base, The media establishment with the main license is called Sports Navi. Other media houses with sub licenses are NHK and Jsports

respectively.

My point?? If any organisation has a sub license, you will know.
There is no such law. yet, you said I'm embarrassing myself. How am I embarrassing myself?
Is the question not valid?

and what if its non disclosure agreement?

Do you have exclusive proof to put this argument to rest that tstv does not have exclusive agreement with bein in sport to show some of their channels?
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by moonraker(m): 11:38am On Nov 04, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

There is no such law. yet, you said I'm embarrassing myself. How am I embarrassing myself?
Is the question not valid?

and what if its non disclosure agreement?

Do you have exclusive proof to put this argument to rest that tstv does not have exclusive agreement with bein in sport to show some of their channels?

Again, If such an agreement existed, Bein sports or even the premier league website would have listed such information. Case closed.
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by EvilMetahuman: 11:42am On Nov 04, 2017
moonraker:

Again, If such an agreement existed, Bein sports or even the premier league website would have listed such information. Case closed.
do you know the number of stations and countries that show epl legally? How many of them is listed on premier league website?

Fox sport, setander, canal, sportkulub, ten sport, premier sport etc show epl. Etc They are not even listed on premierleague website.
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by moonraker(m): 11:54am On Nov 04, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
do you know the number of stations and countries that show epl legally? How many of them is listed on premier league website?

Fox sport, setander, canal, sportkulub, ten sport, premier sport etc show epl. Etc They are not even listed on premierleague website.

Except fox sports dont.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Premier_League_broadcasters

And yes, i know your next response. Wiki isnt a credible source. But it does give you an idea of who is in and whos not.
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by EvilMetahuman: 12:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
moonraker:

Except fox sports dont.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Premier_League_broadcasters

And yes, i know your next response. Wiki isnt a credible source. But it does give you an idea of who is in and whos not.
So we have moved from premierleague website to wikipedia now?
And I'm the one embarrassing myself?
Have you forgotten that wikipedia can be updated once the person that compiled the list recognises grande sport?

fox sport don't show premier league? shocked
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by moonraker(m): 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2017
EvilMetahuman:

So we have moved from premierleague website to wikipedia now?
And I'm the one embarrassing myself?
Have you forgotten that wikipedia can be updated once the person that compiled the list recognises grande sport?

fox sport don't show premier league? shocked

Lol cheesy cheesy

So i have provided evidence. You on the other hand have provided zero to debunk the evidence. Sounds like your still the retarded one on here.

Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by EvilMetahuman: 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2017
[s]
moonraker:

Lol cheesy cheesy

So i have provided evidence. You on the other hand have provided zero to debunk the evidence. Sounds like your still the retarded on here.

[/s]I give up.

Does tstv have special channel broadcasting epl like multi choice or they joined bein that already have licence?

Why is that so hard to understand. Gee
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by moonraker(m): 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
[s][/s]I give up.

Does tstv have special channel broadcasting epl like multi choice or they joined bein that already have licence?

Why is that so hard to understand. Gee

Super sports holds the license for sub saharan africa, Nigeria inclusive.

Bein on the other hand holds the license for the MENA and north african region

If Tstv has a license under Bein, It will be known to all no matter how small it is. And since they would beam that signal to Nigeria,

It would be under the Nigerian category of broadcasters, which as you can see, it isnt.

I give up...
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by EvilMetahuman: 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2017
[s]
moonraker:

Super sports holds the license for sub saharan africa, Nigeria inclusive.

Bein on the other hand holds the license for the MENA and north african region

If Tstv has a license under Bein, It will be known to all no matter how small it is. And since they would beam that signal to Nigeria,

It would be under the Nigerian category of broadcasters, which as you can see, it isnt.

I give up...
[/s]
Do you see sub category there?
kwese sport shows epl in nigeria but its not listed.

Sometimes I wonder why its so hard for you people to use your head.

No further response from me.

Take care.
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by moonraker(m): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
[s][/s]
Do you see sub category there?
kwese sport shows epl in nigeria but its not listed.

Sometimes I wonder why its so hard for you people to use your head.

No further response from me.

Take care.

Thats because your too daft to read and see that i never used the word sub category in my response.

All these TSTv idiots
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by AZeD1(m): 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
I can't help your case.
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:33pm On Nov 04, 2017
All this argument and noise.

Make una chill na.

All this I must be right argument.

Listen:

Una one naira no dey this matter na.

Nor is there any coercion to view or not view na.

If anybody is to be sued, it won't be any of you.

If they are stealing, it's not from you.

If they are not stealing, it's not your benefit.

This matter has become tiresome.

You are all right in your arguments , drink Champion Beer and rest.

Na everything dem advertise you dey buy?

Has anyone jammed your Dstv or anything else you use to view?

1 Like

Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by skrrskrr(m): 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
Spylord48:
November' ist don come and go yet nothing yet.upon all the initial hype and gra gra.
Tstv shouldn't mess up oo. From one excuse to another. Assuming they did their homework well at least by now Dstv and gotv would have been feeling the heat little by little.
I said this before, they shouldnt allow this ovation to die down or make a silly mistake this period they are still starting or else Dstv and others will not only mock them but send them to their early grave too.

not just mock but increase prices and offer crappy services as there'll be no worthy competitor.
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by FairValue(m): 11:09am On Dec 27, 2017
chloride6:
E be like say na CanalSat plus GOtv do make sense.

4400 plus 1900
Good morning, did you mean with Gotv decoder, one can watch canalsat channels ?
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by chloride6: 11:10am On Dec 27, 2017
FairValue:

Good morning, did you mean with Gotv decoder, one can watch canalsat channels ?

No Sir, you have to buy a canalsat decoder
Re: TSTV Responds To Bein Sports Removal From Their Satellite TV by FairValue(m): 11:27am On Dec 27, 2017
chloride6:

No Sir, you have to buy a canalsat decoder
Okay sir, please how much is canalsat decoder and the subscription to watch canal+ sport 1-4 channels?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji’s 'Lionheart' Disqualified By Oscar Over Language, She Reacts / Where To Download Tv Series With English Subtitles / BBNaija: See How Nigerians Voted Their Favorite Housemates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.