Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" (37595 Views)

Davido Reacts To Caroline Danjuma's Allegations Over Tagbo's Death / Dead Tagbo Umeike: Caroline Danjuma Accused Davido Of Dumping His Body & Running / Caroline Danjuma To Davido: "Tagbo Died In Your Car Last Night & You Ran Away" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by IamHeWrites: 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nigerian actress, Caroline Danjuma has taken to social media to react to a notification she got this morning on Lekki concession centre’s plan to increase toll gate fare.

She took to her Instagram page to share a picture of the Lekki Concession Centre, informing Lagos motorists of their plan to increase the fare on Admiralty toll gate and Lekki-Ikoyi Link bridge toll gate from November 8th 2017.

She wrote:
“On my out of Lekki this morning I received this notifying me that within 4 days there will be an increment to the toll gate tariff.. The question is what do this Govt take the citizens for..

ATM machines they can collect from at will??.. things are extremely tough in this country for the lay man . Suicidal rate is extremely high .. Drug abuse is now a norm because people are trying to get high to get away from the pain, leading to the deaths of young vibrant youths in the society . I would like to know in details and statistics what the government uses our taxes for . 1. The hard currency rate is still increasing against the Naira.. this alone affects business’s both existing and new .. a lot of companies have gone further to let go of their staff due to the fact they can’t meet up with the expenses , some have even gone as far as closing down .

Unemployment is extremely high, kids are out of school , innovation is halted , no capital to run it . 2. If this increment is for the refurbishment of state hospitals , are we going to get free medicals with our NHS number? Last time I went to LUTH I had to buy the doctor literally everything including hand gloves before he could operate on the man I volunteered to help . 3. Is it to rebrand the police force?

Will they have better accommodation than the deplorable one they live in now? Will they be well equipped and well trained? Will they be paid a substantial salary which will stop them from collecting bribes on the road? 4. Will all these taxes be used to build rehabs and homes for the homeless? Pls note that NGO’s are operated by individuals n not the Gov. We pay all sorts of taxes in this country with very few accounted for , all the government does is create new ways of taking money from the masses and at their own will, they impose it without a care in the world . With this new tariff, there will be increment in transportation fare, resulting to increase in salary . More buisness will close down , more people will be jobless , more people will be prone to suicide and drug abuse , people can hardly pay for their rent .

Please tag the authorities. This is absolutely wrong.. this must NOT be accepted.. I know a lot of you can afford it but pls think of the poor, ur driver, ur nanny , your cook , ur gate man , your staff , your buisness.. don’t ignore this .. we can’t be quiet all the time because some of us can afford it , we must speak out for those who can barely have one meal in a day .. this Govt is not for the people . Enough is enough ..pass this round.. with a peaceful movement and unity we can achieve the best . Are we the ones paying for the 2019 election?”

http://www.torimill.com/2017/11/would-like-to-know-what-government-uses.html

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
QUESTION OF THE DAY!!

13 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by Smellymouth: 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2017
Okay, the elders in council have heard your question..
We have heard you... The Igwe is not around , and the council of elders can't debate on this issue in his absence. Thank you.

Your question will be answered in 4 market days.

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by greatermax77(m): 4:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
Sound minds will completely agree with u.
The govt have no regards for the citizens. They want more money to loot & not for social welfare, but the problem we have here is many imbeciles will surly support them to milk the mases dry

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by castrol180(m): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2017
That is the result of continuity in governance most especially APC in Lagos state and elsewhere...better do the needful, come 2019! The only person I have confidence in is PMB who is not following their steps and polity.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by 9jvirgin(m): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2017
This country should be handed over to United Arab Emirates for proper management and human welfare stability. Nigeria is the only country where insanity is like a party.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by dunkem21(m): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
cheesy
Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by funnynation(m): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
Abeg how much people wey dey trek dey pay? Aunty you can even pay by kindness

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by hahn(m): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
When people were complaining about the toll gates before it was even built y'all thought we were crazy undecided

19 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
Tinubu bank

24 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by 9japrof(m): 4:53pm On Nov 03, 2017
Looks like small small, madam don dey turn social crusader.

5 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by izzou(m): 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
grin

Keep paying my dear

I'm sure you are among those that cheered them on when they were erecting that nonsense called Toll gate

Here in Festac Town,we don't pay any toll,so take your cry to LCC

Sorry,you hear? grin grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
Smellymouth:
Okay, the elders in council have heard your question..
We have heard you... The Igwe is not around , and the council of elders can't debate on this issue in his absence. Thank you.

Your question will be answered in 4 market days.

grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by jaymejate: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
Na now your recession de start?

3 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by Toosure70: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
LAGOS is working. Throw that to your state governor.
Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by deebrain(m): 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
Shameless government ......

3 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
Deal with it. Nigerians claim to be educated but i wonder and i'm amazed at our rationale. A toll gate has been in place for almost a century, and no public declaration is made on the loan that was used in the construction of this road.

For a state that makes massive IGR, and receives allocation from oil, one should assume Lagos has more than enough. But no way, it's like life, we want more and more, they keep asking for more and more like an open grave.

Last time the commissioner of finance was questioned by Chief Jimi Agbaje about the status of the loan used in constructing the road, the amount paid, the amount left to be paid, the amount generated by the toll monthly, the projected tenure it will remain functional, he couldn't talk and was serving the interests of secondary parties.

It's like Jesus said, the rulers of this world like tax collection. Let them keep increasing it. They know Nigerians won't complain.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by Toosure70: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
LAGOS is working. Throw that question to your state governor.
Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by wunmi590(m): 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2017
Lol
Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by SailorXY: 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
hahaha Tinubu Oju yobo the dominus of Lagos need more money na.

Those saying use alternative route, is it the alternative routes they built in people's backyards? where they send LASTMA, VIO, FRSC & every kind of criminal you can think of to lay siege on those avoiding the tolls?

In countries where civilians have some courage, everybody will drive their spare cars to that toll road, double cross the roads & leave them locked. No going forward or backwards.

Cowards everywhere. Only in Naija a few idiotas trample on so-called educated masses.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by muller101(m): 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
Pay up and stop making noises.
Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by three: 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
Answer = Yes

You could feel this governments animosity to the masses from a mile away but since tiwa 'n tiwa, no problem.

This is what kills this country.

Mediocre individuals that are our friends, brothers, sisters, Aunty, church or mosque people, towns people and so on.

We would much rather have a brazenly incompetent official that we know than a stupendously efficient one that we don't.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by dman4mdmoon(m): 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
Why the lamentation? I think there are alternative routes where you won't have to pay.
Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by DIKEnaWAR: 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2017
Yea!

Danjuma was yours for a while. Pay from the cash you made off him. After all the money was made from the masses, leading to the collapse of all the infrastructure and system she enumerated.

TY Danjuma (loots made from the poor and dying masses) >>>> Musa Danjuma (recipient)>>>>Caroline Danjuma (final consumer/recipient)

13 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by iamleumas: 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
tinubu need money for burials o.
enjoy the change lol.
what a great loss to the nation.

Meanwhile, I want to sell a facebook page with 52,000 likes for #20k, if you're interested, kindly Quote me.
Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by AishaBuhari: 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
Valid points!!! Tinubu trying to arrange burial money for his late son... Nothing goes for Nothing; Everything has a price in Nigeria!

#ImpeachBuhari

4 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by kay29000(m): 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2017
Lol! I think there is one long route to avoid that toll gate.
Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by DoTheNeedful: 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2017
No be you wan live for Lekki. We mainland guys dey watch you with pleasure. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by bigpicture001: 4:59pm On Nov 03, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
Yea!

Danjuma was yours for a while. Pay from the cash you made off him.
...when will you grow up nd hv sense...for how mny years will you remain 10years old..?

19 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by arib500: 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2017
Move to mainland
Re: Caroline Danjuma Reacts To Increase In Lekki Toll Gate Tariff: "Are We ATM?" by paradigmshift(m): 5:01pm On Nov 03, 2017
tinubu need money for burials o.
enjoy the change lol.
what a great loss to the nation.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'i'm Single, I Need A Guy' Toke Makinwa Cries On Instagram / Man Calls M.I A 'Senseless Snake' For Defending Islam / Tunde Ednut Celebrates His 37th Birthday In 8 Countries. P'square Buy Cow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.