Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4428742 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
Henry120:

There isn't an argument here. Things we know you lack,

Aviation fuel,
Tents.

Show me where it says the SANDF lacks tents

and again, there is more than enough evidence of our planes and jets in the sky to show that we dont lack aviation fuel.

You have no argument, only your petulant delusions

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:29pm On Oct 19, 2014
WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, THE JIHADISTS CAN FORCE YOU TO THE TABLE TO PAY RANSOM OF MONEY FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR PEACE.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
Henry120:

There isn't an argument here. Things we know you lack,

Aviation fuel,
Tents.

Dude, SA has a lot of weather havens. The modern tents.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Helghast: 6:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
Henry120:

This is an assignment, i'll respond in due course.

Patches689, MikeZA, how has 3D Printing helped improve your more developed defence industry, that is, if your companies apply them. Links would be welcome.

Well honestly I haven't heard of any Defence Company is S.A that use 3D printing or maybe there are and we just don't know it.

But 3D printing seems to be getting really popular in S.A, so who knows.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 7:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
Henry120:

3D printing simply means printing very detailed/precise prototypes of what an engineer intends to build. 3D printed designs are scale models.

It supports what I have been calling for, but we can do without it.
prototypes? I thought prototype is an experimental version of the real thing still subject to test and upgrade. Hmm i now feel very dumb. so you mean the prototype of the trainer aircraft ( faruwa) that AFIT talked about the other time is just a " cute 3D graphic" pls be patient with me i don't know this terminologies. Is the 3D stuff just like other engineering design tools like ACHICARD, AUTOCARD .etc?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by osystein(m): 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
Remember people, use the report option to immediately inform the mods about the derailers.

All offensive posts should be reported.

Keep the thread clean..

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 9:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
patches689:

Which army has never fought a trained enemy?

Which army has never fought a modern conventional war?

Which army has never fought an combined arms war?

Which army lost town after town to poorly trained and armed insurgents?

Empty boasts dont impress anyone

[size=16pt]

Nigeria fought brief conventional war with Chad Republic that is a trained national army, we chased them 50km deep into Chad.

Nigeria fought Biafran army which has thousands of the same Nigerian army officers and men trained in Britain's world class military academies, making the Biafran force a conventional army.

Biafran war was land, sea, and air combined with B-26 Bombers, MiG-17 Jets, Bofors air defenses, and one of the biggest sea borne assaults in modern war history and the only one ever in Africa.

Boko Haram war involved one of the biggest air to ground attacks in Africa's modern war history.

50 Soldiers can lose town to 1,000 insurgents, but who cares about 5 small towns that has become Boko Haram's graveyard? They 'capture' it, we go there when we want and we kill-bury them there like chicken

Nigeria has won another of it's wars as usual. South Africa's war history fighting alone still shows losses and only one draw tongue tongue

[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
overhypedsteve:
prototypes? I thought prototype is an experimental version of the real thing still subject to test and upgrade. Hmm i now feel very dumb. so you mean the prototype of the trainer aircraft ( faruwa) that AFIT talked about the other time is just a " cute 3D graphic" pls be patient with me i don't know this terminologies. Is the 3D stuff just like other engineering design tools like ACHICARD, AUTOCARD .etc?

Exactly, that's similar to what 3D printing does, only, unlike a prototype, it doesn't run. There hasn't yet been any photo release of the Farawa, we would have seen it at the Air Expo, but unfortunately, it was cancelled. However, I suspect it's a aircraft similar to the Air beetle which was assembled in Nigeria.

It's a similar engineering design tool, to those you mentioned.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 9:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
agaugust:

[size=16pt]

Nigeria fought brief conventional war with Chad Republic that is a trained national army, we chased them 50km deep into Chad.

Nigeria fought Biafran army which has thousands of the same Nigerian army officers and men trained in Britain's world class military academies, making the Biafran force a conventional army.

Biafran war was land, sea, and air combined with B-26 Bombers, MiG-17 Jets, Bofors air defenses, and one of the biggest sea borne assaults in modern war history and the only one ever in Africa.

Boko Haram war involved one of the biggest air to ground attacks in Africa's modern war history.

50 Soldiers can lose town to 1,000 insurgents, but who cares about 5 small towns that has become Boko Haram's graveyard? They 'capture' it, we go there when we want and we kill-bury them there like chicken

Nigeria has won another of it's wars as usual. South Africa's war history fighting alone still shows losses and only one draw tongue tongue

[/size]

NIGERIA HAS NEVER WON THE BATTLE IT WAS FORCED TO THE TABLE AFTER REALISING THAT IT CAN NO LONGER SUSTAIN THE WAR ANYMORE DUE TO AMONG OTHERS

1.PRESSURE FROM A SOCIAL MEDIA GROUP #BRINGBACKOURGIRLS;
2.PREVALENCE OF PROTESTS FROM THE PUBLIC;
3. PREVALENCE OF MUTINY CASES AMONG SOLDIERS;
4. LACK OF MILITARY EQUIPMENT;
5. MILITARY FAILURE TO ACQUIRE WEAPONS THROUGH NORMAL PROCESS OF ARMS DEAL, THUS, BEING FORCED TO EMBARK ON ILLICIT ARMS TRADE;
6. INTERNATIONAL WIDESPREAD HUMAN ABUSES BY MILITARY WHICH EQUAL DISCOURAGE MANY COUNTRIES TO SELL ARMS TO NIGERIA.
7. LACK OF FUNDS, THIS BRINGS THE NEWS OF HOW THE PRESIDENT WAS SO DESPERATE TO MAKE A LOAN OF $1BILLION.

CONCLUSION:

NIGERIA NEVER WON THE WAR, IT PAID HUGE SUM OF MONEY FOR THE RELEASE OF CHIBOK GIRLS.

IT NEGOTIATED CEASEFIRE WITH MURDERERS WHICH THEY HAVE FAILED TO DEFEAT BY MILITARY MEANS.

FINDINGS:

NIGERIAN MILITARY CANNOT DEFEAT SANDF

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
BOKO HARAM ARE THE FIRST ISLAMIST JIHADIST EVER TO FORCE GOVERNMENT ON THEIR KNEES AND DRAG THEM TO THE TABLE.

THE WINNER IS UNDOUBTEDLY BOKO HARAM.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
Helghast:

Well honestly I haven't heard of any Defence Company is S.A that use 3D printing or maybe there are and we just don't know it.

But 3D printing seems to be getting really popular in S.A, so who knows.

Thank you.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 19, 2014
Photo of the Day

5 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:04am On Oct 20, 2014
agaugust:

[size=16pt]

[/size]

What war with chad?

Biafran army was under-equipped and had allmost no modern equipment

They had no equipment such as that, the war was not "air, land, sea"

Their airforce was composed of one bomber and a bunch of Cessan aircraft (which still inflicted massive casualties on the Nigerian army)

Operation OAU was not a fully amphibious operation, it was no where near one of the biggest in history and it is not the biggest in Africa (What is operation Torch?)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No, no no and no again

Again, empty boasts dont impress anyone

And btw, South Africa has not lost a war in 100 years

5 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit1: 5:42am On Oct 20, 2014
Henry120:

Exactly, that's similar to what 3D printing does, only, unlike a prototype, it doesn't run. There hasn't yet been any photo release of the Farawa, we would have seen it at the Air Expo, but unfortunately, it was cancelled. However, I suspect it's a aircraft similar to the Air beetle which was assembled in Nigeria.

It's a similar engineering design tool, to those you mentioned.

Henry, not quite!

3D printing is NOT like autocard. Autocard etc are used to graphically represent what's in the designers mind. 3D is used to BUILD it. It is a manufacturing tool. Not a designing tool.

And in terms of defence, the main story currently is the 3D printed gun, which anyone can now MAKE at home, with a 3D printer.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mhl45ediih/the-liberator/

http://www.wired.com/2014/05/3d-printed-guns/

South Africa's main contribution to the debate is via the invetor who designed a system for replacing lost limbs and fingers. Those in favour of 3D printing cite that as an example of its advantages. Those against cite the gun as a huge danger cause anyone with a 3D printer can MANUFACTURE it.

The object below just came off the printer.

The left of the picture shows the graphical representation of the tower. The right shows the printer that was used to "print out" or make the tower in the foreground. The "ink" is the material used to make the tower.

Normal printers inject ink on a piece of paper, which is 2D. 3D printers spit out the chosen manufacturing material (eg plastic) in layers until the manufacturing process is complete. Hence "printing + 3D".

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 10:35am On Oct 20, 2014
Henry120:
Photo of the Day

Rafael s my favorite jet at the moment

I am starting to fall in live with the F-35 though
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:41am On Oct 20, 2014
not wanting to be outdone be Henry120

I present my own picture of the day

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:44am On Oct 20, 2014
just one more

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by neighy(m): 11:57am On Oct 20, 2014
Henry120:
Photo of the Day
Hmmm KILLER
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ChukwuCantDie: 12:10pm On Oct 20, 2014
Is the war over now? Have you people finally started to behave like grown men now? @msauza is your caps lock broken?

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit1: 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2014
Msauza:
BOKO HARAM ARE THE FIRST ISLAMIST JIHADIST EVER TO FORCE GOVERNMENT ON THEIR KNEES AND DRAG THEM TO THE TABLE.

My man. We're witnessing the making of history!

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
Msauza:

The above history is actually that of Mali Republic.

For Nigeria, the clear history is totally different from your rant, and history cannot be re-written, you can only create new events.

Sorry bro, better luck next time

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2014
DieVluit1:

Henry, not quite!

3D manufacturing material (eg plastic) in layers until the manufacturing process is complete. Hence "printing + 3D".

This too. cool cool
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2014
patches689:
not wanting to be outdone be Henry120

I present my own picture of the day

Better luck next time, I did outdo you.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 20, 2014
patches689:

Rafael s my favorite jet at the moment

I am starting to fall in live with the F-35 though

The F-35 is over-rated in my opinion. The Rafale is a more capable ground attack fighter than the F-35. It's only draw back is it's less powerful engine which pumps out 18,000IB of thrust, when compared with the 20,000IB for the eurofighter typhoon.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit1: 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2014
Pretoria - A scrap yard owner in Pretoria was killed when a mortar, believed to date back to World War II, exploded when he was dismantling it on Monday morning.

The man’s stomach was blown open, said an eNCA reporter at the scene. At least one other person was seriously injured.

The reporter also said there are three other explosives at the scene.

The police’s bomb squad was on the scene.

A police officer told the Times that the destruction was “huge” and the mortars appear to be about 110mm in size.

The officer said the bombs were often found on the hills bordering Atteridgeville and Saulsville which were used as a bombing range by the then South African Defence Force during WWII.

Police and members of the bomb squad going through a bag on the ground #PretoriaExplosion MV pic.twitter.com/CzbkxWYBla
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PrinxArthur1(m): 6:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
Helghast:

Nigerian Hypocrite
s0uth afr1can c0py cat
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PrinxArthur1(m): 6:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
Nigerian Navy S B S

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PrinxArthur1(m): 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2014
MORE DUMB S0UTH AFR1CAN5

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit1: 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2014
PrinxArthur1:
Nigerian Navy S B S

This muddy water navy will get there one day.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
PrinxArthur1:
Nigerian Navy S B S
Are Those NN SBS?,they Look Like The NIA(Nigerian Intelligent Agency) And DSS Operatives,though SBS Forces Look Very Similar,Dont They?.I'm A Newbie In The Defence Analysis,enlighten Me Pls.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Helghast: 7:59pm On Oct 20, 2014
DieVluit1:
Pretoria - A scrap yard owner in Pretoria was killed when a mortar, believed to date back to World War II, exploded when he was dismantling it on Monday morning.

The man’s stomach was blown open, said an eNCA reporter at the scene. At least one other person was seriously injured.

The reporter also said there are three other explosives at the scene.

The police’s bomb squad was on the scene.

A police officer told the Times that the destruction was “huge” and the mortars appear to be about 110mm in size.

The officer said the bombs were often found on the hills bordering Atteridgeville and Saulsville which were used as a bombing range by the then South African Defence Force during WWII.

Police and members of the bomb squad going through a bag on the ground #PretoriaExplosion MV pic.twitter.com/CzbkxWYBla

Wow that's a F*cked up way to go.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
Henry120:

The F-35 is over-rated in my opinion. The Rafale is a more capable ground attack fighter than the F-35. It's only draw back is it's less powerful engine which pumps out 18,000IB of thrust, when compared with the 20,000IB for the eurofighter typhoon.
People say that cause of the corruption surrounding the F-35 programme.

That notion will change once it hits the battle space.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1307) (1308) (1309) (1310) (1311) (1312) (1313) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.