Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4439610 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:42am On Oct 23, 2014
agaugust:

Fool, your counter-claim too comes from an internet website you just googled.

So what makes your source better than mine? Both are websites, or you personally work for the Bofors gun manufacturer?

Mumu grin

My source is better than yours because it categorically states: Only two were ever made.

Which is confirmed by SIPRI as no transfers of the FH77B L-52 are listed... to any nation.

And the fact that India does not have any in its arsenal

See, multiple sources and analytical thinking .
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:43am On Oct 23, 2014
agaugust:

If I find senseless posts and falsification of facts like this all over this thread, I will just log out and do something else with my time.

No wonder someone locked this thread yesterday.....too many senseless comments and delibrate falsifying of facts flow in from South Africa

SA guys, I don't have time for these, I don't get paid replying anybody on nairaland

Where is the falsified facts in my post?

There are none.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 11:45am On Oct 23, 2014
EVarn:
Why do you like lying like this?,when did the US "secure our capital" for WEF summit?...

http://www.infowars.com/us-marines-carry-out-first-arrests-of-two-boko-haram-members-in-benue-state/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 12:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
patches689:

http://www.infowars.com/us-marines-carry-out-first-arrests-of-two-boko-haram-members-in-benue-state/
This article didnt mean that only the US marines secured abuja,it said that they were deployed "to HELP in countering the activities of terrorist in Nigeria",does that mean that they were the ones who secured abuja?,where are they now?,when the US sent in troops to assist the incompetent ragtag vigilante group called SANDF in curbing rhino poaching,did that mean that the SANDF cannot control rhino poaching(however incompetent they are)?.The WEF was a world class priority summit,of course due to terrorist actions,maximum security was needed to satisfy participants.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 23, 2014
patches689:

When you're done posting false information, as usual, go tell your fat defence minister your troops need common tents in the DRC and your airforce is in dire need of aviation fuel.

Weapons acquired during the 1999 arms deal are not being used and are becoming derelict, the Seriti Commission of Inquiry heard on Tuesday [October 7].

“With regards to the 30 Augusta helicopters purchased from Italy, I am informed that many of them are in storage and unused or rotting at Ysterplaat Air Force Base in Cape Town,” arms deal critic Terry Crawford-Browne told the inquiry’s hearings in Pretoria.

He said government acquired four frigates that were reportedly equipped with defective engines and an obsolete combat suite and armoury system.

“South Africa acquired three submarines that spend most of the time on the ‘hard’ at Simon’s Town and 50 BAE Hawk and BAE/Saab Gripen fighter aircraft for which the country had almost no pilots to fly them, mechanics to maintain them, or even the money to fuel them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:43pm On Oct 23, 2014
EVarn:
This article didnt mean that only the US marines secured abuja,it said that they were deployed "to HELP in countering the activities of terrorist in Nigeria",does that mean that they were the ones who secured abuja?,where are they now?,when the US sent in troops to assist the incompetent ragtag vigilante group called SANDF in curbing rhino poaching,did that mean that the SANDF cannot control rhino poaching(however incompetent they are)?.The WEF was a world class priority summit,of course due to terrorist actions,maximum security was needed to satisfy participants.

The US never sent any troops to help us with Rhino poaching

And fact remains, they deployed as you needed assistance.

How many foreign soldiers deployed during the 2010 world cup? or the BRICS conference? or any number of high profile events?

ZERO

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 12:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
Henry120:

When you're done posting false information, as usual, go tell your fat defence minister your troops need common tents in the DRC and your airforce is in dire need of aviation fuel.

Weapons acquired during the 1999 arms deal are not being used and are becoming derelict, the Seriti Commission of Inquiry heard on Tuesday [October 7].

“With regards to the 30 Augusta helicopters purchased from Italy, I am informed that many of them are in storage and unused or rotting at Ysterplaat Air Force Base in Cape Town,” arms deal critic Terry Crawford-Browne told the inquiry’s hearings in Pretoria.

He said government acquired four frigates that were reportedly equipped with defective engines and an obsolete combat suite and armoury system.

“South Africa acquired three submarines that spend most of the time on the ‘hard’ at Simon’s Town and 50 BAE Hawk and BAE/Saab Gripen fighter aircraft for which the country had almost no pilots to fly them, mechanics to maintain them, or even the money to fuel them.

The part about the Augusta has allready been destroyed

The part about the Frigates is hearsay and has no proof, their weapons compliment makes them the most powerful in Africa.

All 3 subs are operational, we just finished a complete "in house" upgrade of one of them.

We have 18 Gripen, and 52 Hawks pilots and have flown thousands of hours on both. So that destroys the last part.

And with regards to money, we have 3X the national budget and income of Nigeria, so if we are "broke" what are you?

Again, you are posting the testimony of a man whom has been completely destroyed on the stand. So much so that his colleagues have fled the country.

Come with facts henry, not biased opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 1:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
patches689:

The US never sent any troops to help us with Rhino poaching

And fact remains, they deployed as you needed assistance.

How many foreign soldiers deployed during the 2010 world cup? or the BRICS conference? or any number of high profile events?

ZERO
The US sent in "assistance" to help curbing rhino poaching in south africa,how is that different from them sending in a few military personnel to study the activities of experienced terrorists in Nigeria and observe Nigerian military personnel arrest terrorists.the WEF summit comprised top american business tycoons and economic analysts from all over the world,at the time we had terrorist attacks,what do u expect?.Does south africa have terrorists cells and international terrorist network operating in their country?.You guy av the highest crime rate in the world and one of the most corrupt police force,with the highest private security organizations operation,and you havent faced terrorist yet!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
patches689:

My source is better than yours because it categorically states: Only two were ever made.

Which is confirmed by SIPRI as no transfers of the FH77B L-52 are listed... to any nation.

And the fact that India does not have any in its arsenal

See, multiple sources and analytical thinking .

Bwahahaha grin grin

You screwed yourself up so badly, SIPRI cannot record Bofors FH-77 B0 L52 upgrades of Nigeria and India, because they are NOT new purchases, they are upgrades of old existing Bofors guns. Did SIPRI record Nigerian Scorpion tanks gun upgrades from 70mm to 90mm ?

You don't know how arms log sources work....Full time fool grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
patches689:

Where is the falsified facts in my post?

There are none.

That is one of them below, on this same page, your post above and below are both on this same page, false and deliberate destruction of facts.....

patches689:

Your above post was first made by @Msauza few months ago and he was proved a liar as the story and photo was of French army in Central African Republic, n ow you @Patches is deliberately repeating that same false post here as true, yet you were here when it was proved false. Same time you posted US Marines in Poland as US forces in Abuja securing WEF meeting.

Next fact is, Benue is a state, and NOT the same as Abuja which is a Federal Territory on a different part of Nigerian map. Benue state is very far from Abuja and they have NO borders linking them at all !!!!

You South African guys are wrecking and messing up this thread with TOO MUCH DELIBERATE FALSIFICATION of facts.

I am personally losing interest in this thread as it becomes a pointless waste of time.

Notice I did not complain when the @Osytein guy locked the thread up, I did not care one bit because too much falsehood is posted by you South Africans everyday.

Me, I have no time to waste on falsehood and misinformation, it only corrupts the brain and misleads. I may just withdraw if it continues.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:29pm On Oct 23, 2014
EVarn:
The US sent in "assistance" to help curbing rhino poaching in south africa,how is that different from them sending in a few military personnel to study the activities of experienced terrorists in Nigeria and observe Nigerian military personnel arrest terrorists.the WEF summit comprised top american business tycoons and economic analysts from all over the world,at the time we had terrorist attacks,what do u expect?.Does south africa have terrorists cells and international terrorist network operating in their country?.You guy av the highest crime rate in the world and one of the most corrupt police force,with the highest private security organizations operation,and you havent faced terrorist yet!!

The US has provided ZERO assistance for Rhino poaching
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2014
agaugust:

Bwahahaha grin grin
You screwed yourself up so badly, SIPRI cannot record Bofors FH-77 B0 L52 upgrades of Nigeria and India, because they are NOT new purchases, they are upgrades of old existing Bofors guns. Did SIPRI record Nigerian Scorpion tanks gun upgrades from 70mm to 90mm ?
You don't know how arms log sources work....Full time fool grin grin

Refer to my earlyer post

patches689:

What you fail to realise is that no one beleives your argument.

Respectable sources (ie: SIPRI) all list nigerian arty as FH-77B

All respectable sources list range of FH-77B as being around 30km

Ammunition in the Swedish Army order included the locally developed HEER projectile, developed to meet the requirements of the Indian Army which, when used with charge 9, has a range of 30,000 m. HEER-BB (High Explosive Extended-Range - Base Bleed) was included in the order and the FH-77B could also use ammunition already stockpiled by the Swedish Army.
http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product4673.html

The gun has a range of 30 km, it can fire 3 rounds within 13 s and a has sustained rate of fire of 8 rounds/minute.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/europe/fh-77.htm

Only the FH77 B05 L52 has a range of over 40km with standard BB ammunition

The FH-77 B05 L52 enables a range of 40 plus km to be achieved with standard base bleed projectiles. It is fitted with an integrated navigation, positioning and aligning system and onboard ballistic computation.

Nigeria does not have the FH-77 B05 L52, it never has and never will.

Why is this so? Why will nigeria never ever have the FH-77 B05 L52?

[size=15pt]BECAUSE ONLY TWO FH-77 B05 L52 WERE EVER BUILT[/size]

The now BAE Systems Bofors has upgraded two examples of the FH-77B 39 calibre with a 155 mm/52 calibre ordnance and this is designated the FH-77 B05 L52. They were successfully demonstrated in India in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2006. As of early 2008 no production contracts had been awarded by India for any 155 mm artillery systems.

India chose the DRDO instead of the FH-77 B05 L52
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRDO_155_mm_artillery_gun

There was no upgrade you silly Arrow

This has been dealt with conclusively
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
agaugust:

That is one of them below, on this same page, your post above and below are both on this same page, false and deliberate destruction of facts.....

Your above post was first made by @Msauza few months ago and he was proved a liar as the story and photo was of French army in Central African Republic, n ow you @Patches is deliberately repeating that same false post here as true, yet you were here when it was proved false. Same time you posted US Marines in Poland as US forces in Abuja securing WEF meeting.

Next fact is, Benue is a state, and NOT the same as Abuja which is a Federal Territory on a different part of Nigerian map. Benue state is very far from Abuja and they have NO borders linking them at all !!!!

You South African guys are wrecking and messing up this thread with TOO MUCH DELIBERATE FALSIFICATION of facts.

I am personally losing interest in this thread as it becomes a pointless waste of time.

Notice I did not complain when the @Osytein guy locked the thread up, I did not care one bit because too much falsehood is posted by you South Africans everyday.

Me, I have no time to waste on falsehood and misinformation, it only corrupts the brain and misleads. I may just withdraw if it continues.

Newspapers use stock photos all the time.

It does not mean that the artical is incorrect

Multiple units can operate in multiple areas

The artical is pretty cut and dry

Do you wish me to post all of your lies? I can if you want.

Stop sulking. wimp.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
patches689:

The US has provided ZERO assistance for Rhino poaching
*sighs*,arent you tired of lying,dont you fear God?...the US assisted you in the war against rhino poaching when it became apparent that a gang of common wild-beast poachers were overpowering your defence force,can a country that cant even protect wild rhinos,protect its citizens from sophisticated terrorist attacks?!,if boko haram were in south africa,you guys would have become refugees in botswana(like your rhinos) and zimbabwe.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:51pm On Oct 23, 2014
EVarn:
*sighs*,arent you tired of lying,dont you fear God?...the US assisted you in the war against rhino poaching when it became apparent that a gang of common wild-beast poachers were overpowering your defence force,can a country that cant even protect wild rhinos,protect its citizens from sophisticated terrorist attacks?!,if boko haram were in south africa,you guys would have become refugees in botswana(like your rhinos) and zimbabwe.

Feel free to show us where the US military sent "helpers"...

is the US Military now Discovery Channel and is Kruger Park now a small private game reserve? While the SANDF is a private poaching company? Because if that is what you mean, then you are right grin grin

Further more the military is only in support of AP duties, it is a civil matter.

With regards to your "muh terrorism" "muh boko haram" that is an absolute joke of a statement.

The dividends of Operation Corona have shown we are more than capable of securing our borders and land.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
What on earth is going on here, why is this thread so messed up? so many people got banned.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
patches689:

Newspapers use stock photos all the time.

It does not mean that the artical is incorrect

Multiple units can operate in multiple areas

The artical is pretty cut and dry

Do you wish me to post all of your lies? I can if you want.

Stop sulking. wimp.

You still insist French troops in C.A.R. Republic photo and your US Marines in Poland are proofs of the false story of American troops in Abuja. Wow ! I am leaving this thread from this minute, I will be back when sanity returns.

Thanks to @Patches for the mess on this thread.

Goodbye till repsect for truth returns
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 4:28pm On Oct 23, 2014
patches689:

Feel free to show us where the US military sent "helpers"...

is the US Military now Discovery Channel and is Kruger Park now a small private game reserve? While the SANDF is a private poaching company? Because if that is what you mean, then you are right grin grin

Further more the military is only in support of AP duties, it is a civil matter.

With regards to your "muh terrorism" "muh boko haram" that is an absolute joke of a statement.

The dividends of Operation Corona have shown we are more than capable of securing our borders and land.
http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201204200881.html/ you also shamelessly postrated to mozambique for help http://www.bdlive.co.za/national/science/2014/04/09/sa-mozambique-to-sign-biodiversity-agreement-in-bid-to-curb-rhino-poaching another one where you unabashly declared your incompetence http://www.herald.co.zw/s-africa-seeking-international-help-in-curbing-rhino-poaching/ you guys also pleaded with botswana

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:25pm On Oct 23, 2014
agaugust:

You still insist French troops in C.A.R. Republic photo and your US Marines in Poland are proofs of the false story of American troops in Abuja. Wow ! I am leaving this thread from this minute, I will be back when sanity returns.

Stop arguing about stock photos when it is the artical itself which is the crux of the matter.

Enjoy your sulk*. Come back when you have something to contribute.

*not suprised you are sulking, its been a bad week for you

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
EVarn:
http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201204200881.html/ you also shamelessly postrated to mozambique for help http://www.bdlive.co.za/national/science/2014/04/09/sa-mozambique-to-sign-biodiversity-agreement-in-bid-to-curb-rhino-poaching another one where you unabashly declared your incompetence http://www.herald.co.zw/s-africa-seeking-international-help-in-curbing-rhino-poaching/ you guys also pleaded with botswana

Your first source says nothing at all

Your second one is an agreement for them to police their side of the border

Your third one is an agreement for them to allow us to fence off the kruger (which was unfenced to form a "super park"wink

I dont see us pleading with anyone

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
patches689:

Your first source says nothing at all

Your second one is an agreement for them to police their side of the border

Your third one is an agreement for them to allow us to fence off the kruger (which was unfenced to form a "super park"wink

I dont see us pleading with anyone
There Are many links i can post to expose SANDF incompetence,but dats besides the point,we all know how incompetent your defence force is.I always laugh when south africa presume to take leadership role in the continent,when crisis happen on d continent,they are nowhere to be found(probably hiding in on a rhino reserve in botswana,lol),throughout dis ebola saga SA havent sent a dime to d affected countries,it is Nigeria that is prepping over 600 health workers(and counting) to combat the disease in the affected countries,we av about 2500 soldiers in liberia and seirra leone and we av pumped millions of dollars into aid funds,yet when an african representative is called SA puffs up

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 5:50am On Oct 24, 2014
EVarn:
There Are many links i can post to expose SANDF incompetence,but dats besides the point,we all know how incompetent your defence force is.I always laugh when south africa presume to take leadership role in the continent,when crisis happen on d continent,they are nowhere to be found(probably hiding in on a rhino reserve in botswana,lol),throughout dis ebola saga SA havent sent a dime to d affected countries,it is Nigeria that is prepping over 600 health workers(and counting) to combat the disease in the affected countries,we av about 2500 soldiers in liberia and seirra leone and we av pumped millions of dollars into aid funds,yet when an african representative is called SA puffs up

And there are many more links I can post about the Nigerian armys utter and complete incompetence!! ANd the further back in history we go, the more links I have!

The SANDF is far superior to the Nigerian army in every way shape and form, we do things you could only dream of. We criticism the SANDF here in South Africa because we have extremely high standards when it comes to the military.

And please cite all the "Crises" which have happened that we have shied away from.

Let me remind you that it is South Africa and not Nigeria whom has formed a Rapid Response formation ready to respond to disasters and war in Africa - you ran away from that!

Let me remind you that it is South Africa who pushed through the UN FIB so that we could crush the M23 and stabilize the Eastern DRC

Let me remind you that you have pulled out of most of your peacekeeping roles. While we are preparing to expand ours.

We have men in Brundi, patrolling the Mozambique coast, in the Sudan and in the Congo. Our MoD has clearly said that if the peacekeepers in the C.A.R need help, we shall return. We are actually doing something.

Why should we send money to affected nations with Ebola? They arent our problem and they arent in SADAC... when Ebola broke out in Kenya we sent people, because Kenya is in our Sphere of influence.

Nigerians have delusions of grandeur... your nation is a failed state you are barely fit to lead yourselves... you make deals with genocidal islamic insurgents.... your military deployments are a history of incompetence and failure... and yet you demand to lead africa?

Let me put it plain and simple: There is a reason that Russia and China chose us and not Niger as the first African member of BRICS

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 7:53am On Oct 24, 2014
EVarn:

Dude, Ebola is not our problem... If there was Ebola in SADC we would comply.

Yes SA is leading Africa;

- AU chairperson : South African
- AU founded : Durban South Africa
- AU Pan African Parliament : Midrand South Africa
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 7:57am On Oct 24, 2014
agaugust:

hahahaha

Abububu you would never leave the thread, we are all you have smiley
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2014
ActivateKruger:

And we note:

These are the tools of leadership that require brains and foresight.

Not the blind shooting of guns.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:36am On Oct 24, 2014
@patches..*sigh*,the height of south africa's cluelessness astounds me,do u think you will ever be a UN permanent security coucil member with ur "it isnt our problem" mentality,when nigeria deployed all powers in freeing aparthied south africa from anglo-dutch bondage,was it our problem?was it an ECOWAS problem?,we could av just left u in your caves eating fish.when we supported NATO in toppling ghadaffi's government,was it our problem?,are all our international peace keeping missions our problems?,yet when it comes to ebola "it isnt south africa or SADC problem".nigeria has always helped other countries either we av jurisdiction or not.Dont be daft,BRICS is an economic union formed at a time south africa was recognised as africa's biggest economy,BRICS is not NATO,so whats your point?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 9:46am On Oct 24, 2014
EVarn:
when europe was facing economic crisis in the '70s and '80s,the US mobilized all effort to restore europe's power and even made them more powerful,why?,because without europe,america will be alone,weaker and more vulnerable to external aggression(especially from the then USSR),together the NATO alliance toppled the USSR,even when they formed the warsaw pact,NATO managed to destabilize the warsaw and left the great USSR a shadow of its former powers,and broke it into insignificant pieces.Now russia is still grappling with the effects of its terrible fall.There is indeed power in unity.

BRICS - tick!

G20 - tick!

Where is Nigeria?

No answer required.

In any case, SA gave aid to Cuba, which Cuba has the highest number of doctors fighting ebola.

SA sent mobile labs to west africa.

SA leads with brains, hence our being global citizens.

Nigeria - local celebrities in west africa. Today, nigeria is isolated to the point of desperation.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 9:51am On Oct 24, 2014
ActivateKruger:

ebola isnt your problem?,how insensitive of "africa's leader",so u claim to lead africa yet u only care about the SADC region?.smh.do u think those flimsy titles and establishments make you africa's leader*falls down laughing*,how deluded can you zulu bushmen be,nigeria also hold many prominent world positions too!.Many AU positions arent permanent so what are u saying?,SA can be AU's chair today and togo can take over in the next month,so?!.i wonder where south africa will be in the next ten years.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 9:56am On Oct 24, 2014
EVarn:
ebola isnt your problem?,how insensitive of "africa's leader",so u claim to lead africa yet u only care about the SADC region?.smh.do u think those flimsy titles and establishments make you africa's leader*falls down laughing*,how deluded can you zulu bushmen be,nigeria also hold many prominent world positions too!.Many AU positions arent permanent so what are u saying?,SA can be AU's chair today and togo can take over in the next month,so?!.i wonder where south africa will be in the next ten years.

Leading =/= "babysitting"

Tell us if you need to be babysat by South Africa and we will continue where we left off when we brought mordenisation to Nigeria.

That you have a car industry today is as a result of South Africa's leadership, which helped you set it up and go on your way.

Prominent? You are not in Brics. Not in G20. Not a FOUNDER MEMBER of the UN. South Africa is all those and more.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:11am On Oct 24, 2014
DieVluit:

BRICS - tick!

G20 - tick!

Where is Nigeria?

No answer required.

In any case, SA gave aid to Cuba, which Cuba has the highest number of doctors fighting ebola.

SA sent mobile labs to west africa.

SA leads with brains, hence our being global citizens.

Nigeria - local celebrities in west africa. Today, nigeria is isolated to the point of desperation.
*laughing in greek*,so because u sent that paltry aid to cuba,it then means that u are the power that be?,BRIC and G20 are economic unions,nigeria can decide tomorrow to form its own economic unions with foreign emerging markets,or even propagate the proposed MINT economies,but we didnt need it to surpass you,so thats a mute point.whatever gave u the idea that we are isolated?,smh,we are isolated yet foreign investors keep trooping in hordes that even oil price depression cant affect our economy?.nigeria is part of commonwealth of nations,OPEC,ACP and many other international organisations.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 10:16am On Oct 24, 2014
EVarn:
*laughing in greek*,

Empty Gimmick

EVarn:

so because u sent that paltry aid to cuba,it then means that u are the power that be?,BRIC and G20 are economic unions,nigeria can decide tomorrow to form its own economic unions with foreign emerging markets,or even propagate the proposed MINT economies,but we didnt need it to surpass you,so thats a mute point.whatever gave u the idea that we are isolated?,smh,we are isolated yet foreign investors keep trooping in hordes that even oil price depression cant affect our economy?.nigeria is part of commonwealth of nations,OPEC,ACP and many other international organisations.

You do not wish for leadership. You wish to be babysat.

South Africa has led Nigeria specifically in more ways than one. Before we came to Nigeria, some of your sectors were virtually non-existent. We gave them life. That's leadership with brains.

We play in GLOBAL leagues, while you play in regional leagues. You WISH to emulate us, which is why the fact that you aren't in the G20 and BRICS notwithstanding your economy pains you so much. BRICS and G20 have STRATEGIES and VISIONS. That's a place for leaders and shapers of things. If in doubt, look at the main participants in the CO2 emissions debate.

MINT is not an organisation of nations. BRICS is.

Accept that you are being led and that you are following.

Don't tell us about the commonwealth, which is a WINDFALL membership for previously colonised nations. OPEC is also a WINDFALL membership for oil producers. You are even a price-taker in that setup. If in doubt, look at what SAUDI is doing with/to the oil price today.

Isolated how? You have been blocked from buying weapons, for starters.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ActivateKruger: 10:23am On Oct 24, 2014
EVarn:
*laughing in greek*,so because u sent that paltry aid to cuba,it then means that u are the power that be?,BRIC and G20 are economic unions,nigeria can decide tomorrow to form its own economic unions with foreign emerging markets,or even propagate the proposed MINT economies,but we didnt need it to surpass you,so thats a mute point.whatever gave u the idea that we are isolated?,smh,we are isolated yet foreign investors keep trooping in hordes that even oil price depression cant affect our economy?.nigeria is part of commonwealth of nations,OPEC,ACP and many other international organisations.

Can decide = wishful thinking

Commonwealth? Does that count for anything, even Mozambique is a member there. MINT is a myth where unicorns dwell.

As for OPEC and yada yada, you're there because your underground wells produce oil a product South Africa creates.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1317) (1318) (1319) (1320) (1321) (1322) (1323) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.