Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1737) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4429174 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:09am On Jan 25, 2015
agaugust:

DENEL produces Mokopa missile yet SAAF cannot afford to buy one single unit, cash broke grin grin

The main components of GBADS will be German equipment to be imported, but no money, SANDF is broke grin grin

SAAF hasnt bought them because at this point in time there is no need for them.

Mokopa is intergated on the Rooivalk so it is simply a question of buying them (from a factory that is 30min from AFB Waterkloof) and loading them.

Uhmkonoto missiles have allways been in the scope of the GBADS system and so their introduction is inevitable.

And again, who says the SANDF is broke?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:14am On Jan 25, 2015
agaugust:

You don't pay for tenders, you pay for contracts, you have CRAM tender NOT contract, all new purchases for SANDF have been suspended.
No money !

Mokopa missile was developed locally but SANDF could not afford to buy it.

Only Nigeria has money to buy new weapons http://www.worldbulletin.net/news/150158/nigeria-to-buy-russian-fighter-jets

Augustus - I have already posted a link confirming that the CRAM deal is a contract and that it will be completed by 2017

No single SANDF purchase has been suspended - show us proof of these claims.

Need I remind you that we just purchased a $100 million spy sattelight and began production of the A-darter, Badger as well as released tenders for 8 Frigate sized OPV's?

Mokopa is not in use at the moment because we have no use for it - believe it or not, we are not willing to waste $100 000 missiles on M23 technicals.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:16am On Jan 25, 2015
agaugust:

Togo republic Alpha jets will penetrate your 1km max ceiling Starstreak missile defences and wipe out SANDF in few hours

How will they effectively engage targets from a 1km ceiling? It has to PGM's or ASM's

Even the mighty F-16 has to fly low to attack ground targets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVJOOjUlGek
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by RM786: 4:50am On Jan 25, 2015
agaugust:

The rest of SAN fleet is a pack of toys, tiny OPV boats with old radars, and obsolete equipment, plus an old gun.

The minesweepers Germany gave you second hand are rusted and abandoned beyond repair.

Supply ship Drakensberg ran away from NAF Alpha jets in Ivory Coast 2010/2011 .

What else in in your navy? Nothing !

NNS Thunder alone will sink the whole South African navy once you remove your lone Frigate and lone Submarine.

SAN is dead !

Mandela's money has been wasted o ! grin grin

I'm not some new jaapie that needs to read all 7000 posts your of rhetoric and nonsense trying to find answers, I'd end up in a mental asylum. Last time I tried to converse with you wrt Otomats, Exocets the Arandu, etc etc the discussion went nowhere so I pissed off.

You can't give direct answers because you have no answers. NNS Thunder, PMSL, with what weapons system is it going to that with?

Oh my a fuel tanker resupply ship "ran away" from mighty Alpha jets at both engines full ahead 16 knots, lol. What are you on about? And oh yes there is only 1 frigate and definitely only 1 sub and they are both on their last legs wink The 2 things that look like frigates I can see out my window are actually just really clever holographic trickery and I can't see any subs I think they must have sunk all three in False Bay, no chance they've been sneaking around like subs are supposed to do....

You talk of outdated minesweepers, etc, yes they are, there did appear to be more naval ships by some margin in the NN inventory but 90% of them were moored up alongside in the naval basin looking ready for scrapping much like the type 341 WW2 scrap german minesweepers left to rot in the "graveyard" section of Smnstn harbour. In 2006 in Lagos during your what was it 25th, 50th independence celebrations? I watched most of the NN ships being towed to their anchorage points (due to them not being able to run under their own steam) in preparation for the jubilee.

The Amatola was moored alongside all that time looking like a SR-71 Blackbird amongst a bunch of Cessna's cheesy Only when the other foreign ships arrived was there something else good to look at. The most impressive Nigerian vessels by far and away were the very cool water patrol speed boats the Americans gave you!

You guys can't even stop pirates attacking and kidnapping people off the oil platforms 15km offshore that are a big part of the source of the oil that makes up 90%+ of Nigerias GDP! That's pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by RM786: 5:05am On Jan 25, 2015
agaugust:

We too can mobilize NNS Aradu and 3 missile craft if needs arise

No you can't those missile craft don't even have working radar systems or functioning mountings for missile pods. They used to be like Warrior class strike craft but as their parts expired instead of being upgraded or replaced they were simply removed.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:44am On Jan 25, 2015
agaugust:

You don't pay for tenders, you pay for contracts, you have CRAM tender NOT contract, all new purchases for SANDF have been suspended.
No money !

Mokopa missile was developed locally but SANDF could not afford to buy it.

Only Nigeria has money to buy new weapons http://www.worldbulletin.net/news/150158/nigeria-to-buy-russian-fighter-jets

Keep on dreaming!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 6:49am On Jan 25, 2015
agaugust:

DENEL produces Mokopa missile yet SAAF cannot afford to buy one single unit, cash broke grin grin

The main components of GBADS will be German equipment to be imported, but no money, SANDF is broke grin grin

Dummy!!! Mokopa does not have any project under SA Army, Hence, it has never been made a need in SANDF. However, it will only augment to what SANDF have. and funds have already been set aside.

Confirm it:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2204
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by RM786: 8:30am On Jan 25, 2015
agaugust:

South Africa as a nation has NEVER won any war fighting alone as a nation....RSA nation of failures grin

Pffft... what is your definition of war? South Africa has never gone into combat as aggressors seeking to colonize or forcibly take control of land to expand it's for a better word "empire".

It was however at the receiving end of such attempts not too long ago and at great economic cost to itself during a period when it was a pariah state with very few allies (and even those allies contributed minimal support on a very unofficial basis) was forced to aggressively defend it's sovereignty.

Despite having to use the outdated equipment they were straddled with and operating far beyond her own borders on more than one front using local ingenuity/national pride and very effective on the ground tactics to best utilize it's compromised resources succeeded in protecting her independence- a feat NO other African country has ever achieved in the same situation.

Without them very much winning by defending her borders and remaining an autonomous state it's highly unlikely we would've been able to successfully transition on our own terms without international puppet masters (well non with absolute say anyway) into the proper democracy we have today with a relatively stable economy and government (at least compared to pretty much all other African nations).

There's a strong chance we'd have ended up like the majority of Africa- just another "banana republic" having it's resources plundered to no benefit of the citizens who live in the country.

So actually I think you've got that completely wrong, South Africa is the ONLY African country to have won a proper war as nation in the long run (I mean ffs a small contingent of SA mercenaries were required to effect changes to rescue the governments of Sierra Leonne and Angola from the RUF and UNITA respectively)

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by RM786: 8:39am On Jan 25, 2015
overhypedsteve:
those are cute rifles. bt check these ones out. all these guns are being fielded or have been fielded by the nigerian military and security services

You do realize that's a SOUTH AFRICAN R1 rifle in your 3rd picture?

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 11:08am On Jan 25, 2015
RM786:

the r1 is a light weight variant of the FNFAL battle rifle. They both look alike, Nigeria operates the FNfal as its battle rifle, not the r1. Although the sabotaged weapon deal with za included the supply of some units of the the FNFAL.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 2:21pm On Jan 25, 2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 2:23pm On Jan 25, 2015
agaugust:

South Africa as a nation has NEVER won any war fighting alone as a nation....RSA nation of failures grin

Nigeria has not won any war alone, even during Biafra, they were helped by mercenaries. They continue to be helped by civilians in this war against BH.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:10pm On Jan 25, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
mzilakazi:
Maidiguri is under attack.

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-30972534
the attack was violently repelled,and the terrorists are being chased back into chad.boko haram can never capture maiduguri,or any other capital city in nigeria,they dont even have half the men and equipment needed to hold such a vast landmass.
we repelled a simultaneous attack and killed thousands of terrorists.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 5:35pm On Jan 25, 2015
EVarn:
the attack was violently repelled,and the terrorists are being chased back into chad.boko haram can never capture maiduguri,or any other capital city in nigeria,they dont even have half the men and equipment needed to hold such a vast landmass.

Must I keep this post and remind you later?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 6:37pm On Jan 25, 2015
EVarn:

Where does it say you killed "thousands of terrorists"? Where is that even reported, let alone confirmed?

As usual, saying whatever sounds just about right under the circumstances. In true Nigerian fashion.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2015
RM786:

Looks like overhypedSteve hyped up the wrong photo. Now THAT's overhyping...

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2015
mzilakazi:

Must I keep this post and remind you later?
hehehehe....i assure you my friend,that by this time next month,you will be swallowing your words.mark my words.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:46pm On Jan 25, 2015
DieVluit:

Where does it say you killed "thousands of terrorists"? Where is that even reported, let alone confirmed?

As usual, saying whatever sounds just about right under the circumstances. In true Nigerian fashion.
good evening to you too mr dievluit.we killed thousands of boko haram fighters in maiduguri,monguno and we are currently killing more in the outskirts of konduga.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:17pm On Jan 25, 2015
EVarn:
good evening to you too mr dievluit.we killed thousands of boko haram fighters in maiduguri,monguno and we are currently killing more in the outskirts of konduga.

Lies!! your military said only 59 militants were killed and nine of your soldiers.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 7:19pm On Jan 25, 2015
So after last weeks deadly attacks, your so called pathetic military has lost Mongunu to Boko Haram? Including its military base. What a sad sad pathetic bunch of herd boys pretending to be soldiers grin grin. I would really love to hear the excuse given for this latest defeat.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:23pm On Jan 25, 2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 7:25pm On Jan 25, 2015
EVarn:

Where does it say that, baba? Nowhere does it say that. It's a total thumbsuck.

To even show how rubbish this is, you are the same guy who, in the same breath, says BH doesn't have the numbers. Now you have killed "thousands"? Really?

Your lies aren't even cooked properly. Pure Naija stye.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 7:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
mzilakazi:
Maiduguri in danger.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/25/africa/nigeria-boko-haram-battle-maiduguri/

Bra, the US secretary of state is in danger.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
mzilakazi:

Lies!! your military said only 59 militants were killed and nine of your soldiers.
mr goody-two-shoes,i happen to have access to direct reliable intel,you on the other hand do not have such resources at your disposal.so,you see the difference dont you?.we have killed more that 59 jihadist,infact,the official casualty figures are yet to be released by the DHQ.we are still battling terrorists in konduga.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2015
EVarn:
mr goody-two-shoes,i happen to have access to direct reliable intel,you on the other hand do not have such resources at your disposal.so,you see the difference dont you?.we have killed more that 59 jihadist,infact,the official casualty figures are yet to be released by the DHQ.we are still battling terrorists in konduga.

Yes, "reliable Intel" in the form of the thumb that you sucked the stuff from. The official casualty figures are yet to be released but you happen to know everything. Sure, dude. From "BH doesn't even have the men" to "we have killed thousands of them" all in one page. Yeah, bra.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
DieVluit:

Where does it say that, baba? Nowhere does it say that. It's a total thumbsuck.

To even show how rubbish this is, you are the same guy who, in the same breath, says BH doesn't have the numbers. Now you have killed "thousands"? Really?

Your lies aren't even cooked properly. Pure Naija stye.
i have intel,but i'm not fool enough to disclose my sources on nairaland where powerful army generals visit all the time.we have hijacked all terrorist resources in maiduguri and we are currently fvcking boko haram fighters in konduga.to show how insignificant BH is in the grand scheme of things,our president went into the heart of borno for a 12 hours political campaign,BH couldnt even make a peep.that shows that we are in control!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 7:47pm On Jan 25, 2015
EVarn:
i have intel,but i'm not fool enough to disclose my sources on nairaland where powerful army generals visit all the time.we have hijacked all terrorist resources in maiduguri and we are currently fvcking boko haram fighters in konduga.to show how insignificant BH is in the grand scheme of things,our president went into the heart of borno for a 12 hours political campaign,BH couldnt even make a peep.that shows that we are in control!

No one denies that you have Intel. Intel that comes directly from your left thumb. Which is why you are "Fvucking" Boko Haram in your dreams.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:54pm On Jan 25, 2015
DieVluit:

Yes, "reliable Intel" in the form of the thumb that you sucked the stuff from. The official casualty figures are yet to be released but you happen to know everything. Sure, dude. From "BH doesn't even have the men" to "we have killed thousands of them" all in one page. Yeah, bra.
like i said earlier,i have resources in strategic positions,so significant intel regularly trickles to my attention.
i said that we have killed thousands,i didnt say that we've killed the whole boko haram's band of renegade musketeers.boko haram have over 20 000 active fighters,so i dont see how i contradicted myself.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:02pm On Jan 25, 2015
DieVluit:

No one denies that you have Intel. Intel that comes directly from your left thumb. Which is why you are "Fvucking" Boko Haram in your dreams.
it isnt my business whether you believe that i have reliable intel or not,but i know what i'm talking about,your malicious attempts to goad me into spilling out my sources are futile and sorely lacking.
yes,we have fvcked boko haram to exhaustion in konduga.
PS: for God's sake,i dont suck my left thumb!,everyone isnt like you bra.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 8:06pm On Jan 25, 2015
EVarn:
it isnt my business whether you believe that i have reliable intel or not,but i know what i'm talking about,your malicious attempts to goad me into spilling out my sources are futile and sorely lacking.
yes,we have fvcked boko haram to exhaustion in konduga.
PS: for God's sake,i dont suck my left thumb!,everyone isnt like you bra.

If you believed what you just posted, you wouldn't have felt the need to post it. We do accept that you have intel, yes. Your thumb is the intel.

And you also have fvcked Boko Haram to exhaustion in the very same dreams that your intel came from.

"we killed thousands" grin

Joke of the millennium!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 8:10pm On Jan 25, 2015
EVarn:
like i said earlier,i have resources in strategic positions,so significant intel regularly trickles to my attention.
i said that we have killed thousands,i didnt say that we've killed the whole boko haram's band of renegade musketeers.boko haram have over 20 000 active fighters,so i dont see how i contradicted myself.

Bwahaha, nice dream dude. And you don't wanna argue that intel regularly trickles to you anyway because that'd be yet another reason why the Nigerian military is a joke. "intel regularly trickles".

You see, you lose no matter which way you want to argue.

Best you accept that BH is doing your military "dirty"

(1) (2) (3) ... (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) (1740) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.