Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,775 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4439403 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:44am On May 26, 2013

Zimbabwe would have been great in africa....but no money !
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:50am On May 26, 2013

Ghana is rising fast due to new found oil wealth
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 26, 2013
Nigerian troops secure the area following air strikes against boko-haram positions near the naija-chad border
*photos 1-3
*photo 4, picture of nigerian army lightly armoured gun truck

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 26, 2013
Nigerian navy commando watches as NNS thunder sails by

Nigerian army soldier secures the area in baga

A nigerian soldeirs stands close to an otokar cobra during a recent operation to dislogde terrorists from the naija-niger border

A nigerian soldier wearing a balaclava maintains security in baga following an operation which left 30 terrorists, 6 civilians and 1 soldeir dead

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:05pm On May 26, 2013

[size=16pt]1,345 south african soldiers to launch new attack in Congo DRC[/size]

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/S-Africa-announces-troops-for-troubled-DR-Congo/-/1066/1751572/-/pe39q1z/-/index.html

snydergp: SANDF is alreadky preparing for an intense firefight with the M23 rebels.
It seems the SANDF, Malawi and Tanzanian soldiers/SADC Brigade would be involved in confrontation with DRC rebels as early as next week. With Tanzanian troops already in DRC and SANDF troop contingent already in Uganda with most of the hardware.
http://itweb.co.za/mobilesite/defenceweb/home/item_id-30501/

south african army should deploy forces under a battlefield commander that has combat experience from angolan bush war and that will be a white man, the new officers commissioned into SANDF because they are blacks, may dissappoint them again like in CAR Seleka rebels engagements.

south africa needs to prove a beenefit to africa by bringing peace by the use of force in Congo DRC. south africa has not yet made any major contribution to african problems like nigeria did in liberia and sierra leone, flush out all rebels and conduct fresh elections if the people demand it, establish true democracy, dont look at president kabila's face.

south african military should NOT tell us stories this time, you are going together with the army of Tanzania, army of Malawi, and multinational SADC Brigade Soldiers. at least 3 other countries' soldiers are supporting you in the new offensive, so prove a point now south africa, use those nice weapons we see in your photographs and do something good for africa in Congo DRC.

i wish you goodluck.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:17pm On May 26, 2013
[size=16pt]new enemy prepares for south african army....

....M23 Rebels in DRC Congo warning the sons of mandela....beware ![/size]

http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2013/05/17/demands-on-sandf-scary-says-army-boss

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 26, 2013
Why do they announce their attack?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 26, 2013
agaugust: .

[size=16pt]1,345 south african soldiers to launch new attack in Congo DRC[/size]

http://www.nation.co.ke/News/africa/S-Africa-announces-troops-for-troubled-DR-Congo/-/1066/1751572/-/pe39q1z/-/index.html

south african army should deploy forces under a battlefield commander that has combat experience from angolan bush war and that will be a white man, the new officers commissioned into SANDF because they are blacks, may dissappoint them again like in CAR Seleka rebels engagements.

south africa needs to prove a beenefit to africa by bringing peace by the use of force in Congo DRC. south africa has not yet made any major contribution to african problems like nigeria did in liberia and sierra leone, flush out all rebels and conduct fresh elections if the people demand it, establish true democracy, dont look at president kabila's face.

south african military should NOT tell us stories this time, you are going together with the army of Tanzania, army of Malawi, and multinational SADC Brigade Soldiers. at least 3 other countries' soldiers are supporting you in the new offensive, so prove a point now south africa, use those nice weapons we see in your photographs and do something good for africa in Congo DRC.

i wish you goodluck.

they don't look tough Goodluck anyways
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:14am On May 27, 2013
scipher: they don't look tough Goodluck anyways

its not in their nature to look tough i guess. the Ghanian soldiers on top of this page looks tougher.

i hope their good weapons will cover up the lack of 'physical warrior spirit'. congo DRC needs their help desperately.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:20am On May 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Why do they announce their attack?

i dont know too. surprise is always better in war. china and japan almost defeated america in korea 1950 and world war II 1941 with element of surprise. anyway, south africa relies more on its good weapons than its men in my opinion.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:30am On May 27, 2013
i really want south africa/tanzania/malawi/SADC armies to win the war, Congo DRC people are really suffering and hungry in their land of riches. a real pity.

i expect AU and UN to send Ethiopian army into Congo DRC with massive air support from south african air force. the ethiopian soldiers are better experienced in real battle than south africa. money power and air power can come from south africa, ethiopia is poor, no money.

when is AU going to start using Angola with its very experienced battle tested army to help Africa solve our problems ?

south african army should handle easier wars like CAR. our AU and UN should start using ethiopian army to help africa, they are one of the best 3 armies in all africa from cape town to cairo.

south african air force should provide AU and Africa with an always ready air force of 9 grippen jets, 9 hawk jets, 9 rooivalk helicopter gunships, 18 atlas oryx transport helicopters and 3 C-130 hercules transports.

when God blesses you with assets/equipments and money/riches, try help your poor and weak african brothers. south africa is NOT doing enough for the weaker and war ravaged countries of africa.

see congo DRC women and children running from war zone into refugee camp

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:10am On May 27, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVk1QXmn6WA
cool cool... cool
Watched the Nigerian bataillon

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:42pm On May 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

yes !!!! hahaha cheesy
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 27, 2013
agaugust:

Ghana is rising fast due to new found oil wealth
damn these dudes are thick shocked
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sambos994(m): 4:43pm On May 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVk1QXmn6WA
cool cool... cool

@ wat part?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sambos994(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2013
sambos994:

@ what part?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 27, 2013
agaugust: i really want south africa/tanzania/malawi/SADC armies to win the war, Congo DRC people are really suffering and hungry in their land of riches. a real pity.

i expect AU and UN to send Ethiopian army into Congo DRC with massive air support from south african air force. the ethiopian soldiers are better experienced in real battle than south africa. money power and air power can come from south africa, ethiopia is poor, no money.

when is AU going to start using Angola with its very experienced battle tested army to help Africa solve our problems ?

south african army should handle easier wars like CAR. our AU and UN should start using ethiopian army to help africa, they are one of the best 3 armies in all africa from cape town to cairo.

south african air force should provide AU and Africa with an always ready air force of 9 grippen jets, 9 hawk jets, 9 rooivalk helicopter gunships, 18 atlas oryx transport helicopters and 3 C-130 hercules transports.

when God blesses you with assets/equipments and money/riches, try help your poor and weak african brothers. south africa is NOT doing enough for the weaker and war ravaged countries of africa.

see congo DRC women and children running from war zone into refugee camp

Yet again you express your one sided baist foolish behavior.

Where did you get that foolish notion that SA has done nothing on the continent when it comes to conflict resolution.

To end a rebellion/civil war doesn't always mean you need the barrel of a gun to do such and this was what SA's policy was in the early to late 1990's under Mandela and later Mbeki who was well aware of SA's Apartheid legacy on the continent where border raids into Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Mozambiqiue, Namibia, Angola. Malawi, Lesotho and colonization was of upmost importance. So I don't know where u @Aguagust came up with this bullsh*iiit you just wrote to satisfy your Ego.

You deliberately pick and choose what to say to suit your agenda. SA has intervened in many places without even getting a Africa wide media hype in its quest to solve conflict. In Lesotho SA under SADC plea stopped a unconstitutional removal of a President and stopped a rebellion within 24 hours by deploying a Battalion to squash rebels. SA under a AU mandate intervened and stopped a overthrough of the Burundi goverment and ethnic cleansing by rebels with 800 soldiers, now look at Burundi today its stable with a democratic goverment and its even contributing troops to Somalia. SA had 1200 troops in DRC since 2004 till now including Darfur. SA even helped with the establishment of the state South Sudan.

You need to read up on history.

On the issue of Angola not contributing to UN peacekeeping, what you forget is that 12 years ago Angola was still in a civil war and is still in a rebuilding faze. Angola today is focusing more on infrastructural issues then on building up its military since its main foe SA is now its biggest ally on the continent. Lastly Angola has contributed to the then conflict in DRC which saw Zimbabwe and others helping the DRC forces to get rid of Rwandan/Uganda rebels and forces against the DRC goverment.

Once again get your facts straight.

By the way what is a easy war when people die, seems you don't know allot my military worker "are u certain you actually work in a military company with such foolish statements. Ethiopians couldn't even handle its poor sons Erithrea who without even air support and manpower held there own.

When it comes to training we SA know we are the best, we don't rely on a naija boy to come and tell us that are better or even Ethiopians are better, because training goes hand in hand with the type of weapon you use. You can be 1000 troops facing 10 000 if you are well trained and armed you can hold your ground even when there will be times of death within your rank.

You mr @Aguagust need to stop acting like a General/Analyst when you just pushing paperwork in a company, without even single experience on what it takes to be a soldier.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 27, 2013
DictatorZAR:

You can be 1000 troops facing 10 000 if you are well trained and armed you can hold your ground even when there will be times of death within your rank.
I think you meant that you can have your 1000 soldiers face 10000 ennemies if the ennemies are children.
Even the USA had to deploy more than 500000 soldiers to fight in vietnam on a rotational basis (actually 2.5 million US soldiers faught in that war), the vietnamese soldiers were less in numbers than the US soldiers.
I think the bigest problem South Africa faces is that you people feel you are too big, you would readilly send a 9 year old South African to fight against mike tyson just to prove your superiority, but this is real life, you will only end up in defeat. And I hope you know that the DRC rebels are all battle tested and battle ready. I think they are sincerely worth the challenge, you guys might be up to a CAR 2.0. Just be carefull. Never underestimate your ennemy.
A good military training prepares soldiers for the harshness of war, therefor it must be a verry testing training, verry difficult and just by looking at the soldiers you would know they have been through hell.
I frankly think no country in the world matches Nigeria in terms of training.
Look at these Nigerian sea men:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7feqVlhvKpc
You can see that they have been through hell.
Look at these soldiers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-wkC0-mmt8
they are ready to go.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sambos994(m): 7:46pm On May 27, 2013
The thing is that you can have the best technology in the world, that alone won't win you a war. You need the spirit, the incentive, and the morale to win a war, and that is what we have.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 27, 2013
sambos994: what part
oops I forgot..but go from 45 -60
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sambos994(m): 9:16pm On May 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: oops I forgot..but go from 45 -60
Nvm I got it. Very interesting parade you guys got there.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 27, 2013
sambos994:
Nvm I got it. Very interesting parade you guys got there.
thanks, tho the video ain't very good/clear cool cool
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:57pm On May 27, 2013
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:05am On May 28, 2013
nigerian ex-president Obasanjo, young soldier, congratulated after he finished his mission in Congo DRC year 1961

DictatorZAR: Yet again you express your one sided baist foolish behavior.

the truth always hurts you grin

DictatorZAR: Where did you get that foolish notion that SA has done nothing on the continent when it comes to conflict resolution.

i did NOT say south africa has done nothing, i said south africa has not done ENOUGH

DictatorZAR: To end a rebellion/civil war doesn't always mean you need the barrel of a gun to do such and this was what SA's policy was in the early to late 1990's under Mandela and later Mbeki who was well aware of SA's Apartheid legacy on the continent where border raids into Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Mozambiqiue, Namibia, Angola. Malawi, Lesotho and colonization was of upmost importance. So I don't know where u @Aguagust came up with this bullsh*iiit you just wrote to satisfy your Ego.

you made no meaningful point in paragraph above, you just mad noise and rant there.

DictatorZAR: You deliberately pick and choose what to say to suit your agenda. SA has intervened in many places without even getting a Africa wide media hype in its quest to solve conflict. In Lesotho SA under SADC plea stopped a unconstitutional removal of a President and stopped a rebellion within 24 hours by deploying a Battalion to squash rebels. SA under a AU mandate intervened and stopped a overthrough of the Burundi goverment and ethnic cleansing by rebels with 800 soldiers, now look at Burundi today its stable with a democratic goverment and its even contributing troops to Somalia. SA had 1200 troops in DRC since 2004 till now including Darfur. SA even helped with the establishment of the state South Sudan.

Nigeria and AU were also involved in South Sudan and Dafur peace negotiation and military intervention, NOT only south africa, please dont steal nigeria's glory and add it to south african list of achievements.

lesotho, burundi, etc are very small conflicts that even Ghana can handle. south africa is too big for the tiny tiny fish that you are picking in the river

DictatorZAR: You need to read up on history.

all of us can find that history on free internet, not only you can read.

DictatorZAR: On the issue of Angola not contributing to UN peacekeeping, what you forget is that 12 years ago Angola was still in a civil war and is still in a rebuilding faze. Angola today is focusing more on infrastructural issues then on building up its military since its main foe SA is now its biggest ally on the continent. Lastly Angola has contributed to the then conflict in DRC which saw Zimbabwe and others helping the DRC forces to get rid of Rwandan/Uganda rebels and forces against the DRC goverment.

Angola has no excuse, Nigeria got independence in october 1960 and the next month november 1960 Nigerian army sent 1,350 soldiers to this same Congo DRC thousands of kilometers away to solve the great congo crisis. do you think Nigeria is just the giant of Africa for nothing ?

DictatorZAR: Once again get your facts straight.

my are facts correct.

DictatorZAR: By the way what is a easy war when people die, seems you don't know allot my military worker "are u certain you actually work in a military company with such foolish statements. Ethiopians couldn't even handle its poor sons Eritrea who without even air support and manpower held there own.

Eritrea i have posted many times on this forum photos and comments that they are better infantry soldiers than Ethiopia, but their country is too small and has too many political issues of human rights violation and their army officers regularly R.ape the female soldiers, its not a good country for AU to rely on for african peace keeping.

DictatorZAR: When it comes to training we SA know we are the best, we don't rely on a naija boy to come and tell us that are better or even Ethiopians are better.

the best trained army in africa is Nigerian army, a mixture of army tactics learned from USA, Britain, India, Pakistan, Italy, Germany, and Israel. its very hard to defeat the nigerian army, their combat tactics is a mixture of the world super powers battle tactics, Nigerian officers train in all these big countries military academies. if you fight nigerian army, you will get confused, they dont fight according to one single combat textbook, they mix many things together.

also remember, Ethiopian army has a better war history than south africa. they will defeat south african army and AU will come and rescue your soldiers from prisoners of war camp.

DictatorZAR: You mr @Aguagust need to stop acting like a General/Analyst when you just pushing paperwork in a company, without even single experience on what it takes to be a soldier.

everybody has freedom of speech on this forum...i can open my mouth and say my opinion, like basket mouth grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:33am On May 28, 2013
sambos994:

@ wat part?

video time minutes 30 to 37.

nigerian army did shine, we went with our own music band, we got two big claps/applause/appreciation from president biya, we gave him a double sword salute, and our legs co-ordination in slow march was great.

president biya was so happy nigerian army came as invited, i think he has an african spirit of unity.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by sambos994(m): 4:40am On May 28, 2013
agaugust:

video time minutes 30 to 37.

nigerian army shine, we went with our own music band, we got two big claps/applause/appreciation from president biya, we gave him a double sword salute, and our legs co-ordination in slow march was great.

president biya was so happy nigerian army came as invited, i think he has an african spirit of unity.

Yes, I believe so.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:47am On May 28, 2013
agaugust: nigerian ex-president Obasanjo, young soldier, congratulated after he finished his mission in Congo DRC year 1961

the truth always hurts you grin

i did NOT say south africa has done nothing, i said south africa has not done ENOUGH

you made no meaningful point in paragraph above, you just mad noise and rant there.

Nigeria and AU were also involved in South Sudan and Dafur peace negotiation and military intervention, NOT only south africa, please dont steal nigeria's glory and add it to south african list of achievements.

lesotho, burundi, etc are very small conflicts that even Ghana can handle. south africa is too big for the tiny tiny fish that you are picking in the river

all of us can find that history on free internet, not only you can read.

Angola has no excuse, Nigeria got independence in october 1960 and the next month november 1960 Nigerian army sent 1,350 soldiers to this same Congo DRC thousands of kilometers away to solve the great congo crisis. do you think Nigeria is just the giant of Africa for nothing ?

my are facts correct.

Eritrea i have posted many times on this forum photos and comments that they are better infantry soldiers than Ethiopia, but their country is too small and has too many political issues of human rights violation and their army officers regularly R.ape the female soldiers, its not a good country for AU to rely on for african peace keeping.

the best trained army in africa is Nigerian army, a mixture of army tactics learned from USA, Britain, India, Pakistan, Italy, Germany, and Israel. its very hard to defeat the nigerian army, their combat tactics is a mixture of the world super powers battle tactics, Nigerian officers train in all these big countries military academies. if you fight nigerian army, you will get confused, they dont fight according to one single combat textbook, they mix many things together.

also remember, Ethiopian army has a better war history than south africa. they will defeat south african army and AU will come and rescue your soldiers from prisoners of war camp.

everybody has freedom of speech on this forum...i can open my mouth and say my opinion, like basket mouth grin

Do you really think you are dealing with a average school graduate here.

This nonsense ranting of you once again proofs that you know nothing about war or civil wars, you sit there in the US thinking that a few bombs and towers being blown up is what constitutes a war.

1)Burundi had the same type of genocide on a smaller scale to what has happened in Rwanda and it has the same ethnic groupings found in great lakes region in central african region.

2)The Sierra Leone conflict which even a small former SADF mercenaries stopped the same rebels where 1000's of your own soldiers died in the hands of a mixture of child soldiers and farmers.

3)You come here and compare a 1960 civil war in the congo when the only weapons that was used were AK-47's, RGP's and practically no air support or accurate mortar fire were even present, to a 1979-2000 conflict where Migs, F1-Mirage's, T-55 tanks, missiles and anti air fire power was the order of the day, in Angola. Please stop comparing your self to Angola a country even today has a better equipped Airforce with over 12 Su-27/30's, compared to Nigeria's outdated Mig-21's that can't even stand a chance against 1 SU-27 let alone 12. So much for the Giants of Ego. The only giants you can claim is in your west region and not in East/North/South/Central parts of africa. Sort out your internal militancy and train your poor ill disciplined army who kill civilians and old people at checkpoint. Is this the training you are talking about.

4) What glory are you talking about stealing is this the way Nigerians sees themselves as the only african nation who has and can bring stability to africa when Nigeria itself is currently in a low intensity "civil war". Sending troops to Darfur don't qualify as being the glory of anything even Uganda and Kenya is leading the war against al shabaab in Somalia we don't see them acting as if they are the saviors of africa. Nigeria couldn't even intervene in Mali fast enough which is 1000KM away and had to rely on France 4000km away and small Chad to stabilize Mali before Nigerians even had there troops and outdated Alpha's doing checkpoint duties on Mali soil. So much for the giants, of talk to much. Nigeria just by its size and what it promised to be in 1960 is the biggest failure on the continent.

5)Better war history is a relative term because it depends on who you fought against in a particular point in time, by the way our geographical region and regional dynamics are different, so your foolish insinuations holds no credence, and history was never a measurement of how a future war between nations will turn out.

Even SA can claim to have defeated Italian and German force in WWII and in Namibia, not even talking about how we killed the British forcing them to bring the entire Royal Army against Zulu and Boers, just to subdue a few man carrying rifles and spears.

Everyone has freedom of speech but it should not extend to the propagation of blatant one sided lies and distortion of truth to suit a particular agenda.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:56am On May 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:
Your mercenaries like to tell glorifying stories about themselves.
But this is what they did: "South African mercenaries grow rich guarding the diamond mines of the elite"
http://www.csmonitor.com/1995/1221/21062.html
Of course they would like to steal some of the glory of the Nigerian soldiers who fought the rebels.
But what I don't understand is how they can make you people believe that with their small number, they could amount to any thing apart from guarding mines, that shows how South Africans are always ready to believe any lie one says given it portrays them in a good light.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:02am On May 28, 2013
patriot4:
Your mercenaries like to tell glorifying stories about themselves.
But this is what they did: "South African mercenaries grow rich guarding the diamond mines of the elite"
http://www.csmonitor.com/1995/1221/21062.html
Of course they would like to steal some of the glory of the Nigerian soldiers who fought the rebels.
But what I don't understand is how they can make you people believe that with their small number, they could amount to any thing apart from guarding mines, that shows how South Africans are always ready to believe any lie one says given it portrays them in a good light.
true
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:58am On May 28, 2013
[quote author=DictatorZAR][/quote]
These farmers humiliated you recently: http://www.dispatch.co.za/rebels-claim-more-sa-soldiers-died-in-car/
And look, your own sandf spokesman admitting seleka could have wiped his men out:
"“I don’t know what they hope to achieve with these unfounded stories. We were not close to Bozizé. If they thought that we were mercenaries, why did they not wipe us out? Why did they not kill us like they are doing with everybody else associated with Bozizé?”"

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 1:47pm On May 28, 2013
DictatorZAR:

1)Burundi had the same type of genocide on a smaller scale to what has happened in Rwanda and it has the same ethnic groupings found in great lakes region in central african region.

Burundi war involved many african armies, not only south africa

Mozambique's army 322 soldiers
South African army 1,483 soldiers
Ethiopian army 822 soldiers

Burundi is close to south african backyard, the rebels are maybe about 15,000 and south african army did NOT conquer them in battle, it was more of a peace making intervention you did there to separate the opposing forces. it was a small war with light/small weapons and you did not really fight. Ethiopia and Mozambique army too were there togther with south africa, you did NOT do the job alone.

weblink source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burundian_Civil_War

DictatorZAR:

2)The Sierra Leone conflict which even a small former SADF mercenaries stopped the same rebels where 1000's of your own soldiers died in the hands of a mixture of child soldiers and farmers.

Nigeria's 1,000 soldiers died in 10 years of two wars both Liberia and Sierra Leone wars combines figures, we dont hide casualty rates in nigeria.

about 10,000 nigerian soldiers faces about 80,000 liberia rebels and sierra leone rebels total numbers added up. the war nigeria fought is the most difficult in the world, inside deep equatorial rain forest of west africa, trees 200 feet high thickly packed together, no air force can see the enemy under the trees, no armoured vehicles can enter the thick huge forests, no artillery can target or locate the enemy, nigerian army entered the huge forests on foot, the rebels live there hididng on tree tops with camouflague and sniper rifles to shoot form tree tops against nigerian army.

in the city wars the rebels mixed with civilians and dress like civilians and suddenly open fire on nigerian army. charles taylor has 105mm artillery, anti aircraft guns and anti tank weapons form libya's Ghadaffi.

south african army will we be completely wiped out in that kind of war, yet nigerian army won the war.

DictatorZAR:
3)You come here and compare a 1960 civil war in the congo when the only weapons that was used were AK-47's, RGP's and practically no air support or accurate mortar fire were even present, to a 1979-2000 conflict where Migs, F1-Mirage's, T-55 tanks, missiles and anti air fire power was the order of the day, in Angola. Please stop comparing your self to Angola a country even today has a better equipped Airforce with over 12 Su-27/30's, compared to Nigeria's outdated Mig-21's that can't even stand a chance against 1 SU-27 let alone 12. So much for the Giants of Ego. The only giants you can claim is in your west region and not in East/North/South/Central parts of africa. Sort out your internal militancy and train your poor ill disciplined army who kill civilians and old people at checkpoint. Is this the training you are talking about.

nigeria army both the current and also those new coming air defense missiles will shoot down the whole of Angola's air force in 5 minutes.

DictatorZAR: 4) What glory are you talking about stealing is this the way Nigerians sees themselves as the only african nation who has and can bring stability to africa when Nigeria itself is currently in a low intensity "civil war". Sending troops to Darfur don't qualify as being the glory of anything even Uganda and Kenya is leading the war against al shabaab in Somalia we don't see them acting as if they are the saviors of africa. Nigeria couldn't even intervene in Mali fast enough which is 1000KM away and had to rely on France 4000km away and small Chad to stabilize Mali before Nigerians even had there troops and outdated Alpha's doing checkpoint duties on Mali soil. So much for the giants, of talk to much. Nigeria just by its size and what it promised to be in 1960 is the biggest failure on the continent.

nigerian military went to mali at the time ecowas decided we should go, france had military base permanent in mali even before the rebels existed. in mali war britain and america helped france, nobody helped nigeria, i posted that many times on this forum.

go and sit down man !

new nigerian army air defense Akash anti-aircraft missiles coming from India

no African air force can survive Nigerian army air defense missiles firing 300 anti aircraft missiles in 5 minutes, Roland SAM or new Akash SAM, no air force can challenge Nigerian air defense in Africa, NOT even the mighty Egypt. Simple fact.

(1) (2) (3) ... (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.