Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Preparing For Wedding Instead Of Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Preparing For Wedding Instead Of Marriage (445 Views)

10 Different Things Nigerian Ladies Say Instead Of "I Love You" - Meme / Couple Spotted Using Man In The Box As Back Drop For Wedding Photo - Pictures / Lady Mistakenly Sends Shower Photo To Her Dad Instead Of Her Boyfriend (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Preparing For Wedding Instead Of Marriage by liljboy(m): 8:31pm On Nov 04, 2017
Let's face the reality here, Seems some of these "New Generation" Nigerian couples spend much of their time in preparing for "Wedding" instead of Preparing for "Marriage".

I'm not totally against this trend, But all these going on knees thing (for marriage proposal) is so foreign and unnecessary,,, Though our ladies might argue that any Man that doesn't demonstrate that is not Romantic, Mind you, before you start throwing insult on me, am not condemning the act as a matter of fact I might still follow the trend and do it just to please my lady.

Blame Hollywood for this silly trend. Why the stage-managed engagement BULLSHIT?

Few days ago, I was reading a news in some of these Nigerian bloggers news outlets, I came across where a man pretended to have a heart attack, all because he want to caught the girl by surprise and propose to her. Another one is where a Man faked arrest by the Police just to know the reaction of the lady before proposing to her.

My question is did our parents do all these and their marriage lasted for so long and why is it that there are so many marriage crisis and failures from our new couples after all this hullabaloo??

When it is time because you both should have defined your relationship before hand,, there is no need for all these hullabaloo nonsense, my opinion.

When the man is ready, let him simply ask the lady "'when can my people come and see yours?", And she will understand. That is a proposal on its own.

All the hullabaloo about proposals, pre-wedding photos, bridal shower and other nonsense is what makes people forget that marriage is serious business, and then when they enter they begin to complain.

Just after the wedding, in some instances, the couple will be dead broke and all the busybodies that attended the elaborate show of extravagance called WHITE WEDDING will vanish

One thing is, most of these girls will read this and still follow their foolish ways.... For me "women are naturally gullible, they can only try to get out of it, which they can't.... THEY CAN ONLY TRY"

All these flamboyant (pre)weddings, bribal and baby showers (which most times the woman would even willingly volunteer to go nude *sighs*) will not take us anywhere or as you said make the marriage foundation stronger than a rock.......

When problems arise, which MUST arise, all those people that rallied around you to chop and drain your man's pocket will be looking at you from afar, make you solve your own matter.....

Our forefathers and mum's didn't do all these BS but still them still stand gidigbam.... These girls go form crying soté their tear gland will start malfunctioning, you cry when the cherry is popped, over BF issues, over heartbreak, over nysc call up, over movie, over engagement, over mosquito wey insecticide kill..... Why can't you keep the tears in intact and shed them when it is necessary?

Abeg, na only you waka come?

Please, you guys should stop disturbing us

Some even go as far as fainting.

Ladies please stop irritating us with the crocodile tears.

Sometimes, the couple even shop for the engagement ring together but the woman will still put up a crying performance. Copy-copy on steroids.

Sometimes the girl will even be the one that bought the ring

What were you expecting my dear? Do you think the idiot did you a favour by proposing?

So you were not sure of what you guys were doing over the years?

Eating Ogbono soup together and all?

Stop it now, wipe your tears and shut up.

(1) (Reply)

.. / How To Attract An Older Man: 9 Crucial Steps To Win Them Over / Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.