Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,246 members, 7,846,156 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> (2149 Views)

Video: Biafra Radio Founder Nnamdi Kanu Threatens Nigerians With War / US Prepares For Buruji Kashamu’s Extradition, Discloses Fresh Evidence / Chinua Achebe Should Be Charged With War Crimes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by EzeUche(m): 2:15am On Mar 20, 2010
All I know is that we Igbos need to paint this Muslim animals in the north as terrorist. Even though it is quite easy. We do not need the U.S. for its soldiers, all I want from them is weapons. angry
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by 18platoon(m): 2:23am On Mar 20, 2010
@ezeuche, do you know cia have station cheif in abuja, so you dont need to paint anybody a terrorist, they know who's who, and a signal came this afternoon from africom denying this report so dont get excited you m0r0n. man on you.

by any means necessary.
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by Veritas09: 2:37am On Mar 20, 2010
wink

I wasn't aware that U.S. officials spoke such awkward English.
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by EzeUche(m): 2:43am On Mar 20, 2010
18 platoon:

@ezeuche, do you know cia have station cheif in abuja, so you dont need to paint anybody a terrorist, they know who's who, and a signal came this afternoon from africom denying this report so dont get excited you m0r0n. man on you.

by any means necessary.

The Hausa animal himself. Your people should be all put in cages. Brainwashed fools.

You know how hard it would be for you to come to the states? I know you have towel head name. Most Americans regardless of race do not trust you Muslims.
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:47am On Mar 20, 2010
EzeUche:

The Hausa animal himself. Your people should be all put in cages. Brainwashed fools.

You know how hard it would be for you to come to the states? I know you have towel head name. Most Americans regardless of race do not trust you Muslims.
Most people in the world regardless of race do not trust Nigerians either.
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by 18platoon(m): 2:52am On Mar 20, 2010
@ezeuche, america is our freind, they've got the stats, they gladly give HAUSAMAN visa without any fuss cos they know he wont stay there, but they see you guys as nuisance, thats why if you go visa interview they dont treat you with kid gloves, they know HAUSAMAN will just go to the US for shopping. we've got mossad connection.
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by EzeUche(m): 2:53am On Mar 20, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

Most people in the world regardless of race do not trust Nigerians either.

And these Muslim terrorist did not make it better. I rather be known as a scammer instead of some terrorist.

When these foolish people make it harder for my fellow Igbos brothers to get a visa in the U.S, I take offense. All because of some Muslim fool wanted to blow up a plane. D-amn Hausas!
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by Nobody: 2:54am On Mar 20, 2010
EzeUche:

And these Muslim terrorist did not make it better. I rather be known as a scammer instead of some terrorist.

When these foolish people make it harder for my fellow Igbos brothers to get a visa in the U.S, I take offense. All because of some Muslim fool wanted to blow up a plane. D-amn Hausas!

*comic* grin grin grin
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:55am On Mar 20, 2010
EzeUche:

Same way we are unhappy because your scamming makes all our business deals sour no?
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by 18platoon(m): 3:25am On Mar 20, 2010
@ezeuche, american visa not all that matters in life, there're people in NIGERIA making real money better than you guys slaving 9-5, many working class families cannot afford health insurance, or if you're diagonosed with a desease that is not coverd in your insurance you'll not be treated even if you gonna die, but you dont tell us that part, anyway are you watching FAULTLINES, there's a place in america called fourth world because its the ground zero of poverty, in las vegas, so dont get angry if your nwanne is refused a visa cos it might be a blessing in disguise.

by any means necessary.
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by cap28: 3:56am On Mar 20, 2010
finally america is beginning to show its true colours -  the americans and the british have finally had enough of china encroaching onto their territory (nigeria) now they are prepared to take things to the next level - use of military force - their plan is to occupy nigeria under the pretext of quelling the uprisings and restoring the country to stability and peace - all this talk about bringing stability is false - the intention is to scupper any attempts by china to continue with its investments in nigeria.

consider this excerpt from a british publication:

"in november last year china announced at a china - africa conference in egypt that it intended to step up its investments in africa, it pledged $10 billion of loans with lower interest rates and longer repayment periods than those currently on offer to africa by the united states owned IMF.  within days of this announcement the IMF threatened to cut off lines of credit to the Democratic Republic of Congo if it did not scale back a Chinese investment plan. The IMF, a body dominated by the US, showed that it is quite prepared to plunge this war-torn and impoverished African country into financial isolation, a fate that has already befallen Zimbabwe, with disastrous consequences for the mass of the population."

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2009/nov2009/afch-n16.shtml

i also think the us and britain are desperate to stop china from gaining access to our oil reserves,

here is another excerpt from the above mentioned publication regarding china's proposals for oil investement in nigeria:

In Nigeria, which has Africa’s largest gas reserves and its second-largest oil reserves, Chinese oil companies are interested in taking over $50 billion worth of oil reserves currently licensed to Western oil majors. The China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC)—China’s third-largest oil company—is trying to secure stakes of up to 49 percent in 23 oil licences, ten of which are operated by Chevron, eight by Royal Dutch Shell, four by ExxonMobil and one by Total, covering more than 10 billion barrels of proven oil reserves and substantial gas reserves.

According to Tanimu Yakubu, chief economic adviser to the Nigerian President, “Even at this early stage, where nothing has been agreed, it is clear that the Chinese are ready to pay very, very much more for some of these licences than the existing operators”.

If it is successful CNOOC would become the largest foreign partner in Nigeria.

also consider this:

Clinton’s repeated interventions into Nigerian domestic politics are an expression of the urgent desire of the oil companies to restructure the government along lines that will ensure they maximise their profits.

Last year, Yar’Adua received a letter from the Chinese state-owned oil company CNOOC expressing an interest in the 23 prime offshore fields where Shell, Total, Chevron and ExxonMobil currently operate. He rejected China’s initial bid, but, when the letter was leaked to the press, confirmed that negotiations were ongoing. China has already signed oil deals with Angola and the Democratic Republic of Congo. If the Nigerian deal were to go through, it would double China’s oil reserves in sub-Saharan Africa and mark a significant change in policy for the Nigerian government.

my interepretation of the above is that china was prepared to offer much more money for the oil licences than the existing american and british oil companies are paying for them, something tells me that the nigerian govt under yaradua was more than happy to favour china over  britain and the us, isnt it funny how the following incidents happen shortly after china offers a higher bid for the oil licences than is currently being offered by the us and britain:

yaradua goes on extended medical trip abroad and is yet to be seen by anyone

calls are made for a hasty handover to goodluck jonathan

uprisings and religious violence start occuring in different parts of the country

america declares its intention to send a un peacekeeping envoy to investigate and report back

america steps up its intention to implement the final phases of its africom programme whose aim is to locate military bases all over africa.

another article details how China's increased investment proposals in africa were and still remain a major cause for concern by the us and britain:

"As China develops ever more extensive interests in Africa, the US risks losing its once undisputed hold over the Nigerian elite. [/b]The latest manifestation of China’s penetration came in February with the privatisation of the state-owned telecoms company, NITEL. The company was sold to the New Generation Telecoms Company, a consortium that includes Hong Kong-based China Unicom. The Chinese company initially denied taking part in the auction, but later admitted that its European subsidiary was involved in the bid. [b]Vice-President Jonathan has ordered an investigation into the sale and has suspended the head of the Bureau for Public Enterprises."

could this be why the americans gave their whole hearted support to Jonathan? is he doing their bidding as opposed to Yaradua?

I wonder what the outcome of Jonathan's investigation into the award of the contract to the Chinese will be, it would be interesting to find out whether the Chinese contract will be revoked and offered to a british or us company instead?

either way something is not right here.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2010/mar2010/nige-m16.shtml
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by Saruman: 11:23am On Mar 20, 2010
Touche!
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by Seun(m): 3:09pm On Mar 20, 2010
The US Army are not like us; they prepare for everything e.g. they have a plan for invading Canada too.
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by Chykason(m): 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2010
Seun, provide source jor! shocked
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by johnblaze1: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2010
I guess its becoming more apparent that nigeria is fighting two wars
1.Internal
2.External

The internal, everybody seems to know about this;corruption,poor leadership, tribalism e.t.c

While the second is external which include the outside forces who bent on spilting nigeria for geo-political and economic gains and the include UK,US,Russia and the new kid on the block(china).

If at all the entity called "Nigeria" fails to exist no more. I believe the above countries played majors roles in our disintegration.

As we battle our internal problems, we should be aware of the other side of the coin.
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by SapeleGuy: 3:47pm On Mar 20, 2010
I don't know why some of my brothers and sisters continue to live in delusions. AFRICOM is dead in the water, they are not coming - nobody wants them.
That is why their headquarters is in Stuttgart Germany.

If they were effective, piracy would have stopped in the horn of Africa.
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by Seun(m): 3:50pm On Mar 20, 2010
Chykason:
Seun, provide source jor! shocked
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red I should have said "they had a plan to invade Canada"
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by nduchucks: 4:02pm On Mar 20, 2010
US Dismisses Report on Troop Intervention

The US State Department has flatly denied a newspaper report that alleged President Barrack Obama is preparing American troops for a “special intervention” in Nigeria.

In a statement issued by the State Department, it said "we have done nothing to suggest that our concerns are only based on our desire to retain it as a source of dependable oil production."

Making reference to the said publication, the State Department press officer of African Affairs, Russel Brooks, added: “The Nigerian Compass newspaper says it bases its story on comments by the U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) chief, General William Ward.

“The Compass says Mr. Obama would send troops to Nigeria if the country broke up and widespread chaos threatened oil production.”
But Brooks described the story “In a word, flabbergasted. This story is a complete fabrication.

“There are no U.S. troops being prepared to intervene in Nigeria. We have checked with AFRICOM and General Ward has made no such statement,” he said.

Brooks said had the Compass reporter checked his facts, “he would have learned that, in fact, there are no troops assigned to AFRICOM for them to put on alert.”
The press officer said the “fabrication…is made up from speculation about concerns that the U.S. may have about the situation in Nigeria.”

Source: http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=169017

Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by Chykason(m): 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2010
Seun:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red I should have said "they had a plan to invade Canada"
that was then
as a world power, they're supposed to have a secret plan even now. . .cool
Re: US Prepares Strategy For Dealing With War In Nigeria <<Denied>> by Remii(m): 4:15pm On Mar 20, 2010
Pentagon is the biggest office complex in the world, it has department taking care of very part of the universe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dividends Of Obasanjo's Regime. / We Won’t Surrender, John Togo’s Men Dare Fg / Alarm Don Blow! Inec Has Confessed It Can't Dectect Double Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.