Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,261 members, 7,839,323 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life (14451 Views)

Adeboye Being Ordained As A Pastor In 1975 (Throwback Photo) / Alph Lukau: Meet The Richest Pastor In The World With Net Worth Of $1 Billion / Mentally Challenged Woman And Man "Healed" By Pastor In Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Amadaz(m): 9:58am On Nov 05, 2017
All pastors, and i repeat all pastors are thieves. I only regard catholic Rev.Fr as the only people with divine calling though it doesn't take away the fact that some of them have become driven by worldly pleasures and manipulated by the devil.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by muller101(m): 10:02am On Nov 05, 2017
Op u need only God in ur life not a pastor. Don't be silly.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by RapportNaija(m): 10:03am On Nov 05, 2017
Lalas247:

Jesus is not a man cry
Whydoyouprayin his name

Jesus wasn't a Jinn. So, he definitely was a man!

We pray in his name because as a prophet, he said "whatever you ask by his name, you shall get..."

So, he is the pathway to God - that's why we had prophets, to come guide us to God.

Like Moses who delivered the Torah, Jews pray in his name. Mohammad (SAW) who delivered the Quran, Muslims pray in his name (Ni Ola Anobi wa Mohammad...) ...
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by ATIKUisCOOL(m): 10:06am On Nov 05, 2017
RapportNaija:

Think of it as some form of "mentorship", and you can clearly see the OP 6 reasons... Yes, we need God in our lives, but if it was just that, God would not have sent Moses, Noah, Jesus, and all other prophets to guide people on Earth!

Think, learn to read and think clearly!

These aforementioned Prophets had served their purposes and Left.
However,you CANNOT by any means compare them with your supposed " mentors'' disguised as MOG.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by RapportNaija(m): 10:11am On Nov 05, 2017
ATIKUisCOOL:

These aforementioned Prophets had served their purposes and Left.
However,you CANNOT by any means compare them with your supposed " mentors'' disguised as MOG.

That was not a comparison.

Nothing bad in spiritual mentorship, as long as it is of God!

I'm a Muslim, and I have to admit that I dread some top Islamic scholars, because of their sheepish ways, but trust me, if you have a good spiritual mentor, life wouldn't be too hard to understand.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 05, 2017
talkeverytime:
In today's world where there is lack of respect for spiritual authority and so much bad talks and accusation about men of God, people find it difficult to refer to a particular person as their pastor or man of God probably for the fear of being deceived or duped by the Pastor or being seen as a weak fellow for having "a Pastor".

It should be noted that for the case of this discussion, the word Pastor is used as a generic word for the five fold ministry (Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, Pastors and Evangelists).
Now, I've heard a lot of people say things like "I don't need a Pastor to tell me what God says", "I can read the Bible for myself", "God can talk to me anywhere and anytime, I don't need any MOG". Some have even gone as far as labeling all Pastors entrepreneurs and fraudsters. The question I will like to ask you is why did God give us these ministry gifts if we do not need them? In Ephesians 4 verse 11, the Bible says ;
"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers" KJV
So did God just give us these gifts that we do not need? No, we need them obviously and that's why he gave them to us. He told us the reason for giving them in the following verses. Ephesians 4 verse 12 - 14
"[12] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
[13] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ
[14]That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; " KJV
I'm going to break down these reasons simpler for you to understand.

You need a "Pastor" to teach you.

I've explained that I'm using the word Pastor for the five fold ministry in this article, so I believe it shouldn't be a problem anymore.
Now you may say you can read the Bible and learn for yourself, I agree with you. In fact, you should read the Bible and know the word for yourself. But that doesn't replace the part of the Pastors, they are specially ordained by God for this purpose and there is an anointing upon their lives to carry it out.

You need someone to monitor your growth.

Yes, you do. Even though not all Pastors perform this properly but it's part of their job. They act like fathers to see to your well-being, your spiritual well-being particularly. Your spiritual well-being controls the physical, so once you perfect it there, you'll perfect it in other areas. So the Pastor watches you grow spiritually and detects when you're not making progress like you should do.

For correction .

This supports the point above. Your Pastor is there to correct you when you miss it. Once he detects that you're doing the wrong thing or not doing something right, he comes in.

You need a Pastor to inspire and motivate you.

You can say this is the work of a motivational speaker. Calm down. What I mean is you need someone to inspire you to do the things of God and to grow spiritually. That is what the Pastor should do with his teaching and his lifestyle.

You need a Spiritual Head to guide you.

There are just sometimes we need guidance. Yes, we have the HolySpirit to guide and direct us. But remember, one of the end reasons God gave us these five fold ministry is that "we should not be tossed to and fro" . It means these offices are required to keep us in a straight path. And you also need someone that represents you on the altar. You should not just pay your tithes to anyone and everyone. Take it to the Church (the church you attend; that is you must have a particular church) and give it in your church, that's where the blessing lies.

To protect you

Yes, your Pastor "keeps" you, through prayers, his word and prophecy over your life and his teachings. The fourteenth verse of Ephesians 11 suggests that Christians can be deceived by the cunning craftiness of men. This five fold ministry helps to prevent that and protect you.
So prayerfully seek for a church and join. Follow the leader attentively, it may be a Pastor, Prophet, Teacher, Apostle or Evangelist. They are all ordained for us.
This is where I'll stop for today. Please feel free to agree or disagree. Drop your comments

Source: http://www.talkeverytime.com/2017/09/6-reasons-you-need-pastor-in-your-life.html

All the reasons u listed are baseless.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by olabrad: 10:21am On Nov 05, 2017
talkeverytime:
In today's world where there is lack of respect for spiritual authority and so much bad talks and accusation about men of God, people find it difficult to refer to a particular person as their pastor or man of God probably for the fear of being deceived or duped by the Pastor or being seen as a weak fellow for having "a Pastor".

It should be noted that for the case of this discussion, the word Pastor is used as a generic word for the five fold ministry (Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, Pastors and Evangelists).
Now, I've heard a lot of people say things like "I don't need a Pastor to tell me what God says", "I can read the Bible for myself", "God can talk to me anywhere and anytime, I don't need any MOG". Some have even gone as far as labeling all Pastors entrepreneurs and fraudsters. The question I will like to ask you is why did God give us these ministry gifts if we do not need them? In Ephesians 4 verse 11, the Bible says ;
"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers" KJV
So did God just give us these gifts that we do not need? No, we need them obviously and that's why he gave them to us. He told us the reason for giving them in the following verses. Ephesians 4 verse 12 - 14
"[12] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
[13] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ
[14]That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; " KJV

I've explained that I'm using the word Pastor for the five fold ministry in this article, so I believe it shouldn't be a problem anymore.
Now you may say you can read the Bible and learn for yourself, I agree with you. In fact, you should read the Bible and know the word for yourself. But that doesn't replace the part of the Pastors, they are specially ordained by God for this purpose and there is an anointing upon their lives to carry it out.

Yes, you do. Even though not all Pastors perform this properly but it's part of their job. They act like fathers to see to your well-being, your spiritual well-being particularly. Your spiritual well-being controls the physical, so once you perfect it there, you'll perfect it in other areas. So the Pastor watches you grow spiritually and detects when you're not making progress like you should do.

For correction .

This supports the point above. Your Pastor is there to correct you when you miss it. Once he detects that you're doing the wrong thing or not doing something right, he comes in.

You can say this is the work of a motivational speaker. Calm down. What I mean is you need someone to inspire you to do the things of God and to grow spiritually. That is what the Pastor should do with his teaching and his lifestyle.

There are just sometimes we need guidance. Yes, we have the HolySpirit to guide and direct us. But remember, one of the end reasons God gave us these five fold ministry is that "we should not be tossed to and fro" . It means these offices are required to keep us in a straight path. And you also need someone that represents you on the altar. You should not just pay your tithes to anyone and everyone. Take it to the Church (the church you attend; that is you must have a particular church) and give it in your church, that's where the blessing lies.

To protect you.

Yes, your Pastor "keeps" you, through prayers, his word and prophecy over your life and his teachings. The fourteenth verse of Ephesians 11 suggests that Christians can be deceived by the cunning craftiness of men. This five fold ministry helps to prevent that and protect you.
So prayerfully seek for a church and join. Follow the leader attentively, it may be a Pastor, Prophet, Teacher, Apostle or Evangelist. They are all ordained for us.
This is where I'll stop for today. Please feel free to agree or disagree. Drop your comments

Source: http://www.talkeverytime.com/2017/09/6-reasons-you-need-pastor-in-your-life.html

What you need in your life is Jesus. The scriptures say "looking unto Jesus..." Hebrew 12:2.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Daeylar(f): 10:24am On Nov 05, 2017
lovelygurl:
Imagine grin

Loool grin

Reasons why pastors need you

Your tithe grin . I'm sure God doesn't need paper and coins (money). Yet pastors always emphasize this point grin

Op is omo pastor abi? grin

Doing advertisement for your daddy cheesy

Ride on boy!

Even I will be a pastor one day grin
That job is really worth it grin

Nobody should quote me. I won't reply you so don't waste your time

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked ah

I have quoted you. You must answer me angry angry angry
Oya, answer angry angry
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 05, 2017
Daeylar:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked ah

I have quoted you. You must answer me angry angry angry
Oya, answer angry angry

Tsk tsk tsk

Is that how you talk to your future pastor grin
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Daeylar(f): 10:30am On Nov 05, 2017
lovelygurl:

Tsk tsk tsk

Is that how you talk to your future pastor grin

Ah, so you want to be a pastorpreneur shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Anyways, as a good person, let me support you, I want to apply for the post of who will count your tithes and offerings, you know you can't stress yourself doing such things, I'm just helping you
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by doubleportion: 10:31am On Nov 05, 2017
saraki2019:
anyone buried without the acknowledgement will go to hell
WHY YOU don't need jesus
“I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matthew 15:24).
Jesus selected Jewish disciples, spoke in Jewish synagogues and the Jewish temple, and traveled mostly in Jewish areas. His mission, in fulfillment of the Jewish prophets, was to the Jewish people.
“a Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, ‘Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly’” (Matthew 15:22).
This Gentile woman recognized Jesus as the Messiah (“Son of David”), but “Jesus did not answer a word” (verse 23). As the woman kept up her appeals, Jesus finally responded, but His words seemed to hold little hope: “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel” (verse 24)
Jesus’ concern for Israel was shown in the instructions to the twelve disciples as He sent them out on their first preaching mission. “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles,” He said, “and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matt 10:5-6).
and is lam comfirmed it
And [mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic." quran 61:6

this is why we africans and the other races do not jesus or christainity
we need islam sent to the whole of the world
the qur'an confirms it
(oh muhammad) We have not sent thee, save as a mercy unto all beings. quran (21:107)
Mr man don't dabble into what you don't understand! Jesus was given to the world John 3:16 His own assignment may be to the lost sheep of Israel, but he Himself sent his disciples to Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and to the uppermost part of the world including your compound and Kaaba! So repent! And give your life to Jesus.Acts 1:8
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 05, 2017
Daeylar:

Ah, so you want to be a pastorpreneur shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Anyways, as a good person, let me support you, I want to apply for the post of who will count your tithes and offerings, you know you can't stress yourself doing such things, I'm just helping you

Are you a trustworthy person?

You know the bible says in Leviticus 19:11

"Do not steal. Do not lie. Do not deceive another"

If you're trustworthy then why not grin

May the Lord be with you my sister grin
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Daeylar(f): 10:48am On Nov 05, 2017
lovelygurl:

Are you a trustworthy person?

You know the bible says in Leviticus 19:11

"Do not steal. Do not lie. Do not deceive another"

If you're trustworthy then why not grin

May the Lord be with you my sister grin

Does this mean I get the job? grin grin
And also with you sister, lol, you're making me remember.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by doubleportion: 10:54am On Nov 05, 2017
talkeverytime:

For correction .

To protect you

Our spiritual lackadaisical had made us to idolize pastors and relegate the Holy Spirit to the background, I have heard the H.S spoke to me what I will never hear anywhere." When He comes he will show you what to come" there is a way you hear from Him and you will not be able to deny it. In as much I didn't go against having a pastor, let show some responsibility by seeking for more relationship with the Holy spirit.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 05, 2017
Daeylar:

Does this mean I get the job? grin grin
And also with you sister, lol, you're making me remember.

You're in johr grin

We are going to be riiiich grin
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by SOFTENGR: 10:58am On Nov 05, 2017
lovelygurl:
Imagine grin

Loool grin

Your tithe grin . I'm sure God doesn't need paper and coins (money). Yet pastors always emphasize this point grin

Ride on boy!

I will quote you and you must reply.

Me too wan be GO one day. How far? Make colabo? grin
Lot of income await you in the form of Tithe, Offering, Sow seed, etc.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by phobia2002: 11:09am On Nov 05, 2017
Matthew 28:19 will answer your ignorance, it's obvious the disciples were not mature at the first assignment, they like baby sulking milk. Also the house of Israel comes first in everything because of God's covenant with their father hence the decision to start the salvation from house of Israel.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by 3kay945(m): 11:10am On Nov 05, 2017
One of the reasons why Nigeria is still backward. Imagine the op assertion.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by phobia2002: 11:13am On Nov 05, 2017
[quote author=saraki2019 post=62088963]anyone buried without the acknowledgement will go to hell
WHY YOU don't need jesus
“I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matthew 15:24).
Jesus selected Jewish disciples, spoke in Jewish synagogues and the Jewish temple, and traveled mostly in Jewish areas. His mission, in fulfillment of the Jewish prophets, was to the Jewish people.
“a Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, ‘Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly’” (Matthew 15:22).
This Gentile woman recognized Jesus as the Messiah (“Son of David”), but “Jesus did not answer a word” (verse 23). As the woman kept up her appeals, Jesus finally responded, but His words seemed to hold little hope: “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel” (verse 24)
Jesus’ concern for Israel was shown in the instructions to the twelve disciples as He sent them out on their first preaching mission. “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles,” He said, “and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matt 10:5-6).
and is lam comfirmed it
And [mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic." quran 61:6

the qur'an confirms it
(oh muhammad) We have not sent thee, save as a mercy unto all beings. quran (21:107)[\quote]

Matthew 28:19 will answer your ignorance, it's obvious the disciples were not mature at the first assignment, they like baby sulking milk. Also the house of Israel comes first in everything because of God's covenant with their father hence the decision to start the salvation from house of Israel.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Uhomanbulus110(f): 11:22am On Nov 05, 2017
They way you live your life i need jesus not pastor
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 05, 2017
SOFTENGR:

I will quote you and you must reply.

Me too wan be GO one day. How far? Make colabo? grin
Lot of income await you in the form of Tithe, Offering, Sow seed, etc.

grin grin

What more do I want in life grin

Let's ride on jare grin
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by SOFTENGR: 11:35am On Nov 05, 2017
lovelygurl:

grin grin

What more do I want in life grin

Let's ride on jare grin
Welcome mummy G. O. grin
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by mhizsuzzy(f): 11:35am On Nov 05, 2017
saraki2019:
WHY YOU don't need jesus
and is lam comfirmed it

the qur'an confirms it
(oh muhammad) We have not sent thee, save as a mercy unto all beings. quran (21:107)

U may not need Jesus or Christianity, I definitely do need him. I don't need islam , it is a one sided religion
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by thundafire: 12:02pm On Nov 05, 2017
saraki2019:
WHY YOU don't need jesus
and is lam comfirmed it

the qur'an confirms it
who is muhammad dey 1 where we all knew that he died and was buried and maggot ate his flesh or is it Jesus that died and rose on dey 3rd day and will judge muhammad dat we shouldn't need Islam is violence whether u like it or not
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by jaxxy(m): 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2017
MhizzAJ:
I don't need a pastor to inspire and motivate me

Some of them are very selfish and careless

They are just humans...They aren't perfect either

I pray to God before reading the Bible...so i don't need a specially ordained 'Man of God' to interpret the word to me...

Some of these pastors think dey are smart. prey on lonely ladies and christians who refuse to know the truth and ask questions. Most are motivated not by any honest calling and some thar are lose their calling for money along the way.

@op who corrects the pastor when he is wrong?
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Fourwinds: 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
Mrkumareze:
Only pastors? What happen to Rev, Bishop, Apostle, Prophet. E t c
still means same... it is like saying man in the Bible.... meaning both man and woman

@ topic... it is God I need.... everything I need to know is in the Bible
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by JhyMedex: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
dotcomnamename:
YOU can lead people to Christ, even if you're not a pastor!
Boss Hw today go b na?.. ManC v Arsgrin
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Jsaviour(f): 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2017
You are a pastor on your own. Jesua intention is that the throne be set and all men be there. That is to say, you ought to be a god or Christ in your life. No man I closer to God more than you because God is you and within you. It's just ignorance that have tied man to worship other men in awe.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by asawanathegreat(m): 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2017
I have a free native doctor, who need him in his life.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by jnrbayano(m): 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2017
lovelygurl:
Imagine grin

Loool grin

Ride on boy!

Why won't you reply?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body / $5,000 Stolen In Chris Oyakhilome's Vault / Bishop Kukah Celebrates 45 Years Of Priesthood, 10 Years As Bishop (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.