Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,241 members, 7,839,266 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life (14449 Views)

Adeboye Being Ordained As A Pastor In 1975 (Throwback Photo) / Alph Lukau: Meet The Richest Pastor In The World With Net Worth Of $1 Billion / Mentally Challenged Woman And Man "Healed" By Pastor In Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 05, 2017
You don’t need a pastor in your life
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by plaetton: 1:39pm On Nov 05, 2017
talkeverytime:
In today's world where there is lack of respect for spiritual authority and so much bad talks and accusation about men of God, people find it difficult to refer to a particular person as their pastor or man of God probably for the fear of being deceived or duped by the Pastor or being seen as a weak fellow for having "a Pastor".

It should be noted that for the case of this discussion, the word Pastor is used as a generic word for the five fold ministry (Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, Pastors and Evangelists).
Now, I've heard a lot of people say things like "I don't need a Pastor to tell me what God says", "I can read the Bible for myself", "God can talk to me anywhere and anytime, I don't need any MOG". Some have even gone as far as labeling all Pastors entrepreneurs and fraudsters. The question I will like to ask you is why did God give us these ministry gifts if we do not need them? In Ephesians 4 verse 11, the Bible says ;
"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers" KJV
So did God just give us these gifts that we do not need? No, we need them obviously and that's why he gave them to us. He told us the reason for giving them in the following verses. Ephesians 4 verse 12 - 14
"[12] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
[13] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ
[14]That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; " KJV
I'm going to break down these reasons simpler for you to understand.

You need a "Pastor" to teach you.

I've explained that I'm using the word Pastor for the five fold ministry in this article, so I believe it shouldn't be a problem anymore.
Now you may say you can read the Bible and learn for yourself, I agree with you. In fact, you should read the Bible and know the word for yourself. But that doesn't replace the part of the Pastors, they are specially ordained by God for this purpose and there is an anointing upon their lives to carry it out.

You need someone to monitor your growth.

Yes, you do. Even though not all Pastors perform this properly but it's part of their job. They act like fathers to see to your well-being, your spiritual well-being particularly. Your spiritual well-being controls the physical, so once you perfect it there, you'll perfect it in other areas. So the Pastor watches you grow spiritually and detects when you're not making progress like you should do.

For correction .

This supports the point above. Your Pastor is there to correct you when you miss it. Once he detects that you're doing the wrong thing or not doing something right, he comes in.

You need a Pastor to inspire and motivate you.

You can say this is the work of a motivational speaker. Calm down. What I mean is you need someone to inspire you to do the things of God and to grow spiritually. That is what the Pastor should do with his teaching and his lifestyle.

You need a Spiritual Head to guide you.

There are just sometimes we need guidance. Yes, we have the HolySpirit to guide and direct us. But remember, one of the end reasons God gave us these five fold ministry is that "we should not be tossed to and fro" . It means these offices are required to keep us in a straight path. And you also need someone that represents you on the altar. You should not just pay your tithes to anyone and everyone. Take it to the Church (the church you attend; that is you must have a particular church) and give it in your church, that's where the blessing lies.

To protect you

Yes, your Pastor "keeps" you, through prayers, his word and prophecy over your life and his teachings. The fourteenth verse of Ephesians 11 suggests that Christians can be deceived by the cunning craftiness of men. This five fold ministry helps to prevent that and protect you.
So prayerfully seek for a church and join. Follow the leader attentively, it may be a Pastor, Prophet, Teacher, Apostle or Evangelist. They are all ordained for us.
This is where I'll stop for today. Please feel free to agree or disagree. Drop your comments

Source: http://www.talkeverytime.com/2017/09/6-reasons-you-need-pastor-in-your-life.html

Only if you admit that you're an idiot that you agree that you need a parasite in your life to interpret reality to you.

Pastors are social parasites , Tapeworms that prey on the poor, the weak and the ignorant.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by AvatarMode(m): 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
lilmax:
we read the same bible, so I don't need a pastor
Marketing ignorance? Bad business
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by AvatarMode(m): 2:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
psp2pc:
I need Jesus not Pastor.
Likewise, you don't need your father, you already have an Heavenly Father. SMH
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by AvatarMode(m): 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
ironheart:
My bible did not tell me i need pastors. I only look up to Jesus the author and finisher of my faith
I doubt if you do. Its better you don't speak when you know nothing of a matter. At least some of us will still regard you as being wise.
If you are interested at all,
see Ephesians 4: 11- 15. Keep rejecting what JESUS has given to you. One of you is wiser, and it is not you. So one is unwise- it has to be you.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Daeylar(f): 2:12pm On Nov 05, 2017
lovelygurl:

grin grin

What more do I want in life grin

Let's ride on jare grin

Is there space in the car for me? You know I'm the one that will count sad
Abi there's already a jet cool
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by AvatarMode(m): 2:14pm On Nov 05, 2017
ATIKUisCOOL:
Bros...
You don't need no Pastor in your life.
Pastors are mortals and humans.
All you need in your life is GOD!!!
Take note m
You don't even need your parents, teachers and all they are all mortals and humans. You don't even need a doctor- still mortals. You just need GOD to medicate you, birth you, teach you and all...
If only you were silent, we would have thought you were wise, you just sold yourself out...
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by AvatarMode(m): 2:16pm On Nov 05, 2017
Pataricatering:
Pastors from experience are generally more criminal than their flock ! Most christians are quite decent people same can't be said abiut most pastors ! Remove tithing and see how pastors will reduce .
That's your experience and that of the people you have listened to. Sorry! Your matter Na bad one. Some of us have good experiences and you can't force us to accept yours. We know better

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Nsinsco: 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
RapportNaija:

Think of it as some form of "mentorship", and you can clearly see the OP 6 reasons... Yes, we need God in our lives, but if it was just that, God would not have sent Moses, Noah, Jesus, and all other prophets to guide people on Earth!

Think, learn to read and think clearly!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by AvatarMode(m): 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2017
OtemSapien:
Lol. I understand the topic to mean SIX REASON WHY YOU NEED A SCAMMER IN YOUR LIFE.

I wonder how a homosapien would need a pastor in his life when the word pastor itself has degenerated into the words 'womanizor' 'thief' etc, such that we now have Thief Big Joshua, Womanizor Suleiman, Thief Adebole, Thief Oledepo and co. undecided
Yea, interesting understanding. Some fellows need brain transplant
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by talkeverytime: 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
Funny, how a lot of folks think though. Well I mentioned it in the first paragraph, they see us who "have Pastors" weak or unable to think rightly. I've said the truth whether you agree or not

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Artorius(m): 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2017
MhizzAJ:
I don't need a pastor to inspire and motivate me

Some of them are very selfish and careless

They are just humans...They aren't perfect either

I pray to God before reading the Bible...so i don't need a specially ordained 'Man of God' to interpret the word to me...

Did you pray before reading this post?

Because I feel like the "specially ordained" op has to interpret it to you...
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Artorius(m): 5:46pm On Nov 05, 2017
talkeverytime:
In today's world where there is lack of respect for spiritual authority and so much bad talks and accusation about men of God, people find it difficult to refer to a particular person as their pastor or man of God probably for the fear of being deceived or duped by the Pastor or being seen as a weak fellow for having "a Pastor".

It should be noted that for the case of this discussion, the word Pastor is used as a generic word for the five fold ministry (Apostles, Prophets, Teachers, Pastors and Evangelists).
Now, I've heard a lot of people say things like "I don't need a Pastor to tell me what God says", "I can read the Bible for myself", "God can talk to me anywhere and anytime, I don't need any MOG". Some have even gone as far as labeling all Pastors entrepreneurs and fraudsters. The question I will like to ask you is why did God give us these ministry gifts if we do not need them? In Ephesians 4 verse 11, the Bible says ;
"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers" KJV
So did God just give us these gifts that we do not need? No, we need them obviously and that's why he gave them to us. He told us the reason for giving them in the following verses. Ephesians 4 verse 12 - 14
"[12] For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
[13] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ
[14]That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; " KJV

I've explained that I'm using the word Pastor for the five fold ministry in this article, so I believe it shouldn't be a problem anymore.
Now you may say you can read the Bible and learn for yourself, I agree with you. In fact, you should read the Bible and know the word for yourself. But that doesn't replace the part of the Pastors, they are specially ordained by God for this purpose and there is an anointing upon their lives to carry it out.

Yes, you do. Even though not all Pastors perform this properly but it's part of their job. They act like fathers to see to your well-being, your spiritual well-being particularly. Your spiritual well-being controls the physical, so once you perfect it there, you'll perfect it in other areas. So the Pastor watches you grow spiritually and detects when you're not making progress like you should do.

For correction .

This supports the point above. Your Pastor is there to correct you when you miss it. Once he detects that you're doing the wrong thing or not doing something right, he comes in.

You can say this is the work of a motivational speaker. Calm down. What I mean is you need someone to inspire you to do the things of God and to grow spiritually. That is what the Pastor should do with his teaching and his lifestyle.

There are just sometimes we need guidance. Yes, we have the HolySpirit to guide and direct us. But remember, one of the end reasons God gave us these five fold ministry is that "we should not be tossed to and fro" . It means these offices are required to keep us in a straight path. And you also need someone that represents you on the altar. You should not just pay your tithes to anyone and everyone. Take it to the Church (the church you attend; that is you must have a particular church) and give it in your church, that's where the blessing lies.

To protect you

Yes, your Pastor "keeps" you, through prayers, his word and prophecy over your life and his teachings. The fourteenth verse of Ephesians 11 suggests that Christians can be deceived by the cunning craftiness of men. This five fold ministry helps to prevent that and protect you.
So prayerfully seek for a church and join. Follow the leader attentively, it may be a Pastor, Prophet, Teacher, Apostle or Evangelist. They are all ordained for us.
This is where I'll stop for today. Please feel free to agree or disagree. Drop your comments

Source: http://www.talkeverytime.com/2017/09/6-reasons-you-need-pastor-in-your-life.html

Amidst the thrash threads on this forum, yours is a gem. It is precise and your points are clearly articulated with acceptable arguments.

An intelligent person will find great value in it.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by pressplay411(m): 6:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
MhizzAJ:
I don't need a pastor to inspire and motivate me

Some of them are very selfish and careless

They are just humans...They aren't perfect either

I pray to God before reading the Bible...so i don't need a specially ordained 'Man of God' to interpret the word to me...

Well I don't think OP should generalise. When you're mature enough in the word, you don't necessarily need a pastor.
But for the newbies and developing, You need a Pastor.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by pressplay411(m): 6:31pm On Nov 05, 2017

I doubt if you do. Its better you don't speak when you know nothing of a matter. At least some of us will still regard you as being wise.
If you are interested at all,
see Ephesians 4: 11- 15. Keep rejecting what JESUS has given to you. One of you is wiser, and it is not you. So one is unwise- it has to be you.

This condescending remark isn't necessary. Just speak the Truth and share your Wisdom. Who's going to accept it will and those who aren't, won't until their appointed time.
Remember it's not you who convinces or converts anyone, it's the spirit of God. Yours is to share and spread his Word.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Topgainer: 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2017
talkeverytime:

For correction .

To protect you

Pastorpreneurs fighting back with all kinds of logic. Who told you that the Jewish Temple = Church, regarding tithe? Which type of Biblical tithe (Abraham spoils of war or the Jewish Agricultural produce) are they to bring to your Church.
Sorry, I had to quote all. It is exactly the rubbish people subscribe to that has made a lot of men robots in the hands of cleverer men, who manipulate and control every inch of breathing space the conquered could have. They control people's homes, work, income (most important), relationships, movements, career choices and ultimately peoples will. Jesus is the only spiritual head a christian should have, He alone inspires, motivates, protects and preserves.

I am yet to understand the sudden surge of miscreants looking for who to call them Papa and Daddy.

The wrongest part of your twisted interpretation of the bible passage is the segregation of 'us and they'. If you understand that the Pastor, Prophet, Teacher, Apostle or Evangelist are categories the totality of us fall into with each complementing the other, you will stop spreading that King (Pastor, Papa-Daddy) and the slaves ( the gullibles that need a Pastor) doctrine. The five fold ministry is given to believers and in a healthy gathering of the believers everyone must fall into a category, without 'Paparing and Daddifying' one brother out of many.
If your notion of needing a Pastor does not accomodate that the Pastor needs you that is a teacher, an evangelist, a prophet or an Apostle to the extent that you share in all good things as much as he is entitled to, then your teachings negates that of Christ. It is then the idolatrous worship of gods of men, the pastor enterpreneurs you talked of and their branch managers.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Haddock(m): 9:08pm On Nov 05, 2017
saraki2019:
anyone buried without the acknowledgement will go to hell
WHY YOU don't need jesus
“I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matthew 15:24).
Jesus selected Jewish disciples, spoke in Jewish synagogues and the Jewish temple, and traveled mostly in Jewish areas. His mission, in fulfillment of the Jewish prophets, was to the Jewish people.
“a Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, ‘Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly’” (Matthew 15:22).
This Gentile woman recognized Jesus as the Messiah (“Son of David”), but “Jesus did not answer a word” (verse 23). As the woman kept up her appeals, Jesus finally responded, but His words seemed to hold little hope: “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel” (verse 24)
Jesus’ concern for Israel was shown in the instructions to the twelve disciples as He sent them out on their first preaching mission. “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles,” He said, “and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matt 10:5-6).
and is lam comfirmed it
And [mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic." quran 61:6

this is why we africans and the other races do not jesus or christainity
we need islam sent to the whole of the world
the qur'an confirms it
(oh muhammad) We have not sent thee, save as a mercy unto all beings. quran (21:107)

Let us all pray for this moslem, he doesn't know the road to his mosque . . .

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Princehollex(m): 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2017
Wow.....that's too deep
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by DedeNkem: 10:49pm On Nov 05, 2017
Science illiteracy is a huge problem in Nigeria!!
This m*oron is about to ruin his marriage because of some st*upid pastor and superstition!

So one can tell your non-existent god to not "bless" someone he/she already want to "bless*. In that case your god is as d*umb as fck to be told what to do!

Religion destroy many marriages in Nigeria and creates other major problems! Majority of Nigerians are clinically-dumb! They can kill their mother if a crooked thieving pastor tells them to do so.

The funniest but sad one, was when conman JB Joshua's church building collapsed and killed hundreds of his sheeple. A conman who claimed he "sees" visions and yet couldn't see his own church building collapsing before it happened!!

A conman who claimes he can "heal" the sick and yet hasn't gone to any hospital to "heal" a real sick person!

Nigerians are religiously st*upid!!

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by 9inches(m): 11:47pm On Nov 05, 2017
talkeverytime:

To protect you

I'm sorry but who ordained them? How are we guaranteed their teachings are accurate?

Serious question, anyone can weigh in please.
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by frankfab(m): 12:27am On Nov 06, 2017
Nonsense! Thank God i read only the title
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by Zodiac61(m): 12:36am On Nov 06, 2017
You definitely do not need a pastor in your life.
They are all hypocrites who do not have a clue about anything, except how to make money off their sheeple.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by ottidex(m): 3:16am On Nov 06, 2017
OtemSapien:
Lol. I understand the topic to mean SIX REASON WHY YOU NEED A SCAMMER IN YOUR LIFE.

I wonder how a homosapien would need a pastor in his life when the word pastor itself has degenerated into the words 'womanizor' 'thief' etc, such that we now have Thief Big Joshua, Womanizor Suleiman, Thief Adebole, Thief Oledepo and co. undecided

You funny
Stay awake

P. S. Do u have any prove
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by udeh3(m): 5:31am On Nov 06, 2017
BluntBoy:

First, you are getting a lot of things wrong.

The term Man of God has now become an exclusive appellation for pastors. This is totally wrong. A man or woman of God is one who walks before God and is blameless. This person does not need to be a religious leader within a corporate religious body. All he needs to do is to love God sincerely and how can you love God sincerely? It is by loving the Poor (the least of your brethren). God is Love. You don't need titles to love God.

Also, everyone needs everyone in the Church. We are all priests united by the Eternal priesthood of Christ who is the Chief Priest. Christ is the only one who is indispensable. You don't need the protection of your pastors or someone to represent you on a Man-made altar. All those are traditions of men which ended with the Blood shed on the cross of Calvary.

To better understand the Church, read extensively on the Early Church.

IN the old testament or church, we had leaders or priest such as ELI, SAMUEL, JOSHUA, ELIJAH, etc

The list can go on. No one is perfect, that is true, but it's God that gives perfection by His empowerment

Even after that death of Jesus, the disciples continued to be leaders and priest, mentors, etc We also had Peter, how come in Act 10 God had to send Peter to Cornelius?Even the bible stated that Cornelius was a godly man, he gives alms, pray, gives sacrifice, but needs Jesus, and Peter presence was needed, I can say here that Peter did the work of a Pastor. We had Paul, Timothy, etc

Please note that the 5 fold ministry is not a talent but a GIFT
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by udeh3(m): 5:45am On Nov 06, 2017
Topgainer:

Pastorpreneurs fighting back with all kinds of logic. Who told you that the Jewish Temple = Church, regarding tithe? Which type of Biblical tithe (Abraham spoils of war or the Jewish Agricultural produce) are they to bring to your Church.
Sorry, I had to quote all. It is exactly the rubbish people subscribe to that has made a lot of men robots in the hands of cleverer men, who manipulate and control every inch of breathing space the conquered could have. They control people's homes, work, income (most important), relationships, movements, career choices and ultimately peoples will. Jesus is the only spiritual head a christian should have, He alone inspires, motivates, protects and preserves.

I am yet to understand the sudden surge of miscreants looking for who to call them Papa and Daddy.

The wrongest part of your twisted interpretation of the bible passage is the segregation of 'us and they'. If you understand that the Pastor, Prophet, Teacher, Apostle or Evangelist are categories the totality of us fall into with each complementing the other, you will stop spreading that King (Pastor, Papa-Daddy) and the slaves ( the gullibles that need a Pastor) doctrine. The five fold ministry is given to believers and in a healthy gathering of the believers everyone must fall into a category, without 'Paparing and Daddifying' one brother out of many.
If your notion of needing a Pastor does not accomodate that the Pastor needs you that is a teacher, an evangelist, a prophet or an Apostle to the extent that you share in all good things as much as he is entitled to, then your teachings negates that of Christ. It is then the idolatrous worship of gods of men, the pastor enterpreneurs you talked of and their branch managers.

Even if you fall in one category, may be a Prophet, that means you have the gift of prophecy and not the gift of the word of God. How many prophets really understand the spiritual insight in the word of God, in this case, a prophet then need a teacher who God has specially blessed with the gift of knowledge and wisdom. In same vein, a teacher needs a prophet for direction, warning, etc. Mind you there are directions, warnings, etc in the bible but God gives a prophet an instant message, warning, etc which might not even be in the bible. Here a teacher then needs a prophet.

From all perspective, one needs a pastor
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by 1stflight: 5:47am On Nov 06, 2017
I don't understand!!!

"6 reasons why a pastor needs you in his/her life".

Consideration of that will give a balanced view of the topic under consideration.

@OP:Can you take up the challenge.

#JustThinking
#ConfusionEverywhere
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by BluntBoy(m): 10:41am On Nov 06, 2017
udeh3:

IN the old testament or church, we had leaders or priest such as ELI, SAMUEL, JOSHUA, ELIJAH, etc

The list can go on. No one is perfect, that is true, but it's God that gives perfection by His empowerment

Even after that death of Jesus, the disciples continued to be leaders and priest, mentors, etc We also had Peter, how come in Act 10 God had to send Peter to Cornelius?Even the bible stated that Cornelius was a godly man, he gives alms, pray, gives sacrifice, but needs Jesus, and Peter presence was needed, I can say here that Peter did the work of a Pastor. We had Paul, Timothy, etc

Please note that the 5 fold ministry is not a talent but a GIFT

Read these verses:

We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. (Hebrews 5:11–14)

Many of you have been Christians for years, but still can't tell your left from your right. That is why you feel insecure spiritually. You think you must go to Oyedepo and the others to learn about the basics of the Word over and over again. And truthfully, how many of these pastors even want you to become independent of them? They would rather you remain under them and even serve their children when they die. All we have are mighty churches filled with baby Christians. Christians who will hardly be able to survive the Antichrist when he comes. Instead of building up strong Christians, we are building up mighty cathedrals and turning pastors into gods of men.

Here is another verse:

For when a one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not mere men? 1 (Corinthians 3:4)

Those are the sort of baby Christians you get when you encourage Christians to depend on pastors. You get Christians who live only by the dictates of their Papa and Daddy GO. Christians who are too scared to examine the teachings of their teachers. Christians who elevate their Papa and Daddy GO to the place of God thereby usurping the true and only Pastor (Christ) in their lives.

The plan of God is that we be born of the Spirit, grow and become mature. How can a Christian mature spiritually when his teacher only teaches him how to be financially successful by tithing? Was that the responsibility of the elders in the Early Church? When did elders become motivational speakers when their responsibility was to guide the saints through the Word with the aid of the Holy Spirit, to feed the flock with the Word? How can Christians grow when the teacher is more concerned about building the biggest church auditorium, flying the most expensive jets and building universities up and down? How does preaching about tithes make a Christian grow spiritually?

Finally, like I wrote in my first post to you, no one is indispensable in the Church. We all need to be subject to one another, not to someone who calls himself a pastor.

and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ. (Ephesians 5:21)
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by udeh3(m): 11:22pm On Nov 06, 2017
BluntBoy:

Read these verses:

We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. (Hebrews 5:11–14)

Many of you have been Christians for years, but still can't tell your left from your right. That is why you feel insecure spiritually. You think you must go to Oyedepo and the others to learn about the basics of the Word over and over again. And truthfully, how many of these pastors even want you to become independent of them? They would rather you remain under them and even serve their children when they die. All we have are mighty churches filled with baby Christians. Christians who will hardly be able to survive the Antichrist when he comes. Instead of building up strong Christians, we are building up mighty cathedrals and turning pastors into gods of men.

Here is another verse:

For when a one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not mere men? 1 (Corinthians 3:4)

Those are the sort of baby Christians you get when you encourage Christians to depend on pastors. You get Christians who live only by the dictates of their Papa and Daddy GO. Christians who are too scared to examine the teachings of their teachers. Christians who elevate their Papa and Daddy GO to the place of God thereby usurping the true and only Pastor (Christ) in their lives.

The plan of God is that we be born of the Spirit, grow and become mature. How can a Christian mature spiritually when his teacher only teaches him how to be financially successful by tithing? Was that the responsibility of the elders in the Early Church? When did elders become motivational speakers when their responsibility was to guide the saints through the Word with the aid of the Holy Spirit, to feed the flock with the Word? How can Christians grow when the teacher is more concerned about building the biggest church auditorium, flying the most expensive jets and building universities up and down? How does preaching about tithes make a Christian grow spiritually?

Finally, like I wrote in my first post to you, no one is indispensable in the Church. We all need to be subject to one another, not to someone who calls himself a pastor.

and be subject to one another in the fear of Christ. (Ephesians 5:21)

What exactly is your point, the last time I checked, you have deviated from the topic to emotions. From my reply to your quote, I never mentioned the name of any MOG

A pastor is one who feeds the flocks and taking oversight functions 1 Pet 5:2. Of cause, I'm not saying that there are no person using the name of God to enrich themselves, the scripture and God is aware of that. Why not allow God be the judge, let the pastors carryon with their functions and you do yours

Even if you must educate any, learn to do it in love and not being insultive

May God help us all
Re: 6 Reasons You Need A Pastor In Your Life by BluntBoy(m): 8:47am On Nov 07, 2017
udeh3:

What exactly is your point, the last time I checked, you have deviated from the topic to emotions. From my reply to your quote, I never mentioned the name of any MOG

A pastor is one who feeds the flocks and taking oversight functions 1 Pet 5:2. Of cause, I'm not saying that there are no person using the name of God to enrich themselves, the scripture and God is aware of that. Why not allow God be the judge, let the pastors carryon with their functions and you do yours

Even if you must educate any, learn to do it in love and not being insultive

May God help us all

Are there really insults in my post? If there are, they were never intended. There were also no emotions attached. My words were shaped by the Holy Spirit.

Like I said, there were a lot wrong with your original post. Your post erroneously regarded pastor as a generic term for the Five Fold Ministry.

My point was built around that misconception of yours. The word pastor is not a generic name for the Five Fold Ministry. The word itself was only used once in the Bible so how come it suddenly can be used as a generic term for the Five Fold Ministry?

Permit me to explain the Five Fold Ministry. The Five Fold Ministry consists of apostles, prophets , evangelists , shepherds (pastors) and teachers. There are no Biblical verses that suggest that a single man can have all the ministries vested in him. A pastor's roles are distinct from those of the other ministries but the ministries share the same ultimate purpose -- to equip and usher the flock into perfection. That is, to guide those just born of the Spirit into maturity in the Word.

Now, that is the reason why we need the Five Fold Ministry. For equipping the Church. To equip and usher the flock into perfection. To make the flock a bride deserving of Christ, the Bridegroom.

Now, the ultimate purpose of a pastor is to equip and contribute in ushering the flock into perfection. My point is, for how long would you need pastors? Your post appears to encourage Christians to feel that they would need pastors forever. My point is, we don't need pastors forever but we would always need the Holy Spirit. Pastors of today are encouraging Christians to depend on them. They are not preparing Christians for maturity which is the essense of their calling. Instead of building Christians toward spiritual maturity, they are building mighty auditoriums and emphasizing tithes. Only baby Christians need pastors. Paul himself said many ought to already be teachers but were still contended being babies. That is what your post is encouraging.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! / The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body / $5,000 Stolen In Chris Oyakhilome's Vault

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.